Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bluestocking said:
He-mee-na sounds even worse. In broken English: He Mean. Eh? Most people in English speaking countries won't be able to pronounce Jimena anyway. Hopefully that won't be the name.

Jimena is not pronounced 'He-mee-na', it's pronounced J (like in Juan or Jose) - i (like inn) - me (like in man) - a (like in up).

It's a pretty difficult name for English-speaking people but I think it's very beautiful. :)

Mari_* said:
I heard on TVE's program Gente that Jimena was very probable name for the Infantita because that was the name of the last Princess of Asturias.
Which kind of confused me a little bit although I think It was just a mistake.
But I searched the list of all the Princesses of Asturias and I didn't see any Jimena's, according to the list the last Princess of Asturias was María de las Mercedes.. but now.. this brings me to another question ..
The current Kings of Spain never carried the title of Princes of Asturias right?, because if they did then why the last Princess of Asturias is not Sofia of Greece??..

Here's a list of the names of all the Princesses of Asturias.. potential names for the Infantita!

1. 1388: Catalina de Lancaster
2. 1402: María de Castilla
3. 1422: Catalina de Castilla
4. 1424: Leonor de Castilla
5. 1437: Blanca de Navarra
6. 1462: Juana de Castilla
7. 1468: Isabel la Católica
8. 1470: Isabel de Castilla
9. 1497: Margarita de Austria
10. 1502: Juana de Castilla
11. 1543: María Manuela de Portugal
12. 1554: María Tudor
13. 1615: Isabel de Francia
14. 1665: María Teresa de Austria
15. 1722: Luisa Isabel de Orleans
16. 1729: Bárbara de Braganza
17. 1766: María Luisa de Parma
18. 1802: María Antonia de Borbón
19. 1833: Isabel II
20. 1851: María Isabel Francisca ("La Chata")
21. 1881: María de las Mercedes de Borbón
22. 2004: Letizia Ortiz

María Luisa and María Antonia are very beautiful names. I love Carolina also. But I hope they don't chose Jimena or Mercedes. For me it's too old-fashioned and I really don't like them.

Catalina would be great if they pick the name in this list.

Catalina is my favourtie as well. :wub:
it's a very beautiful name, it goes well with Leonor, and just as Leonor, it was the name of a few Spanish Princesses.

I do like the name Leonor. The dutch royal also has one grand-daughter named Leonore.

Lucía is beautiful, also I like Laura.. Jimena is beautiful and I love Sofía!!

I WANT TO SEE THE BABY!!!

Last edited:
Catalina
Graciela
Isabel
Mercedes

Those are my 4 favorite names.

No matter how it's pronounced, Jimena is an extremely unattractive name and I hope it's not the one they choose. I'd rather see a mainstream name like Sofia or Isabella. Beatriz or Mercedes would be appropriate because of their recent family connections.

I don't know if Leopoldine has his spanih name but it begins as Letizia and Leonor.
Do someone knows if Leopoldina is a spanish name ???

I don't like eva or isabel because some jornalists will say Felipe names his daughter remembering his ex loves

I agree. Those names are totally impossible. :wacko:

How about:
Agnes or Ines (wife of Peter I, Alfonso VI)
Catherine or Catalina (like Catherina I Queen of Navarre)
Beatrice
Constanca
Blanca...

magnik said:
How about:
Agnes or Ines (wife of Peter I, Alfonso VI)
Catherine or Catalina (like Catherina I Queen of Navarre)
Beatrice
Constanca
Blanca...

Constanca is lovely:wub: Would the 'ca' at the end be pronounced ka or sa? I would have it Constansa

crm2317 said:
Constanca is lovely:wub: Would the 'ca' at the end be pronounced ka or sa? I would have it Constansa

Constanca does not exist,probably you talk about Constanza, but this name is very old and in addition it is not pretty:wacko:

zaza61 said:
I don't like eva or isabel because some jornalists will say Felipe names his daughter remembering his ex loves

Isabel is such a common name in the royal family so I don't think that it would be weird for them to name their daughter Isabel.

Jimena has always been one of my favorite names--it's a beautiful, old, romantic name. But I can understand why non-Spanish speakers may not "get it". However, given that it has been speculated by the media as a possibility, I must doubt that they will name the new Infanta Jimena--the press rarely gets their information right with the Princes of Asturias. I imagine they will surprise us all over again. But I do love the name Jimena.

Lauritas138 said:
I loooooooove VALERIA:wub:

I love it too. It would be great if they chose it. I like names that star with V like Valeria, Veronica, Vanessa, Victoria...

Other Spanish names that I like:

Teresa
Ana
Alessandra

Eva? OMG I could bet my life that won't be the girl's name!! ...
Imagine if the girl is named Eva, and plus if she borns tomorrow on Eva's birthday!?!?! The nerve!!! :bang:

Jimena, Sofia, and Eugenia are my top choices.. but I doubt they'll choose Sofia.. and why not Letizia!? :flowers:..

Something with an F

Somthing whit an F, cus then the little Princess will have a name that starts whit the same letter as her father.
Like Leonor´s first letter is L, like her mothers...............

Like Fillippa or Faith.

I vote for Faith :flowers: Felipe, Letizia, Leonor and Faith :wub:

I do not have anything against Eva Sannum; simply I believe that nobody puts to her daughter the name of an ex. :wacko:

In addition there are prettier names and with more force; for an Infant.:flowers:

kiwi said:
I vote for Faith :flowers: Felipe, Letizia, Leonor and Faith :wub:

:lol: Faith isn't spanish name, it's a beautiful name.

They aren't nice spanish names that start for "F":

Francisca:wacko:
Filomena:wacko:
Federica:ermm:
Fabiola:ermm:
Fatima:ermm:
Fernanda:ermm:
Flora:ermm:

mapian said:
They aren't nice spanish names that start for "F":

Francisca:wacko:
Filomena:wacko:
Federica:ermm:
Fabiola:ermm:
Fatima:ermm:
Fernanda:ermm:
Flora:ermm:

I like Francisca :) and Fernanda :)
Not fan of the others by the way :rolleyes:

I think Fiorentina is quite a nice name. Although; I am not sure about how much this name is used in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom