Names and godparents for Guillaume and Stephanie's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was surprised when Charles’ godparents were announced because I was completely sure that Félix will be the godfather from Guillaume’s side, especially with him being the firstborn of them. Deep in my heart I hope that this time they will pick him, or Claire, to be one of the godparents for the new baby! ??

:previous: I don't believe Felix and Claire selected Gui or Stephanie for either of their two children, so that could be why.

I was more surprised that Guillaume's only sister Alexandra was passed over tbh.

:previous: I don't believe Felix and Claire selected Gui or Stephanie for either of their two children, so that could be why.

I was more surprised that Guillaume's only sister Alexandra was passed over tbh.

Alexandra is already a godmother - to her firstborn nephew Prince Gabriel (son of Prince Louis).

Good that other family members got this chance! (especially giving the fact that both Guillaume and Stephanie come from big families and there are many candidates to be godparents).

Alexandra is already a godmother - to her firstborn nephew Prince Gabriel (son of Prince Louis).

Good that other family members got this chance! (especially giving the fact that both Guillaume and Stephanie come from big families and there are many candidates to be godparents).

For another sibling's kids. Not same as Guillaume chosing

I dont expect Claire.They seem to stick to actual siblings not in law

Henri's grandkids:
-Gabriel: Alexandra (paternal) Ronny Antony (Maternal)
-Noah: Guillaume (paternal) Patty Antony (maternal)
-Amelia: Alexandra (paternal) Felix Lademacher (maternal)
-Liam:Sebastian (paternal) Anna-Maria Pamin (friend)
-Charles: Louis (paternal) Gaelle de Lannoy (maternal)

Felix is the only sibling not yet chosen. Maybe with one of Stephanie's sisters.

Henri's kids similar for first 3, then ran out of siblings:
-Guillaume: Marie Astrid and Guillaume (2 of his dad's siblings)
-Felix: Prince Jean (paternal) Catalina Mestre (maternal)
-Louis: Princess Margaretha (paternal) Xavier Sanz (friend)
-Alexandra: Archduchess Maria Anna of Austria and Prince Michael de Ligne
-Sebastian: his brother Guillaume and Princess Astrid of Belgium

For godparents I guess: Princess Alexandra and Count Jehan de Lannoy

My guess - Prince Felix and one Stephanie's of age nieces.

For another sibling's kids. Not same as Guillaume chosing

Henri's grandkids:
-Gabriel: Alexandra (paternal) Ronny Antony (Maternal)
-Noah: Guillaume (paternal) Patty Antony (maternal)
-Amelia: Alexandra (paternal) Felix Lademacher (maternal)
-Liam:Sebastian (paternal) Anna-Maria Pamin (friend)
-Charles: Louis (paternal) Gaelle de Lannoy (maternal)

Felix is the only sibling not yet chosen. Maybe with one of Stephanie's sisters.

It is true that Felix is the only sibling not yet chosen, but based on that pattern (they seem to switch the godparents gender with each child)...it seems Alexandra will be the godmother from Guillaume's side, while Stephanie will choose a brother to be the godfather.

Besides, Felix will have plenty of opportunities to be a godfather since he has lots of siblings. Alexandra is getting married, and if she has children, he might have a chance to be a godfather himself.

Last edited:
it seems Alexandra will be the godmother from Guillaume's side

Why Alexandra?

Guillaume has also some female cousins (six from paternal side, maybe also any frpm maternal side - Grand Duchess Maria Teresa had two brothers and one sister.)

Why Alexandra?

Guillaume has also some female cousins (six from paternal side, maybe also any frpm maternal side - Grand Duchess Maria Teresa had two brothers and one sister.)

For their first child they picked to siblings and both of them have many siblings left, so little reason to venture out to cousins (or friends) if there are still siblings left... So far, all children of Henri and Maria Teresa have followed this pattern.

For godparents I guess: Princess Alexandra and Count Jehan de Lannoy

Jehan is 17 years older than Stephanie.I think they'll want someone a little younger for godfather.

My guess for first name is (boy) Joseph or Adam or Michael
For girl I predict Victoria or Tatiana
They are my favourite royal couple and my gut feeling is a boy (but I have been wrong on many other occasions lol)

Last edited:
For a daughter: Marguerite after Countess Margaret (Marguerite) of Luxembourg

How predictable was Charles? I think nobody expected that name. Maybe we'll be surprised with the name of the new baby.

I still hope for a girl, but what matters is health, and I wish for them to have a healthy baby.

I also think it will be a girl. I bet the name could be Josephine.

I agree about Josephine (or Josephine Charlotte). It would be nice to see the late Grand Duchess honored that way.

I'm between Astrid, Adelaide or Josephine. Marie-Thérèse would be nice to see the baby named after her Oma, but it's hard.

I believed-and hoped-that it was a girl until very recently. But now I feel certain that Prince Charles will have a baby brother in a few weeks.

But IF Stephanie gives birth to a princess next month no more Charlottes....just PLEASE choose another name!:whistling:

I don't think Charlotte will be chosen solely as the first name when they already have a Charles.

I don't think Charlotte will be chosen solely as the first name when they already have a Charles.

This. Charlotte is the feminine version of Charles. I think it'll be a name we don't expect, a bit like Charles.

I too have a feeling it'll be a girl

How predictable was Charles? I think nobody expected that name. Maybe we'll be surprised with the name of the new baby.

I still hope for a girl, but what matters is health, and I wish for them to have a healthy baby.

Considering Charles was one of GD Jean's brothers, and one of the few Lux males names not in use, not as unpredictable as you think.

2nd boy is hard not much left other then Adolph which is obviously a no.

Maybe a Friedrich or Franz (Friedrich seems more likely). William IV had two brothers who died in childhood by those names.

Prince Friedrich Henri Marie Harold Marcus D'Aviano

Girls there are fortunately more options for names. Charlotte is way too close to Charles, no way can I see them using it.

Princess Josephine Alix Maria Theresa Claudine Wilhemine

Considering Charles was one of GD Jean's brothers, and one of the few Lux males names not in use, not as unpredictable as you think.

2nd boy is hard not much left other then Adolph which is obviously a no.

Maybe a Friedrich or Franz (Friedrich seems more likely). William IV had two brothers who died in childhood by those names.

Prince Friedrich Henri Marie Harold Marcus D'Aviano

Girls there are fortunately more options for names. Charlotte is way too close to Charles, no way can I see them using it.

Princess Josephine Alix Maria Theresa Claudine Wilhemine

I contrary, I think Steven is a well fit name of high quality. Three first names is a plus also. Which last names are not very common in the royal spotlights. Henry is also a great name.

For a girl: Astrid, Josephine, Charlotte, Christine, Gabriella, Alexandra, Alix, Antonia, Henriette, Louise or Sophie

For a boy: Alexander, Philippe, Jean, Leopold, Christian or Ludwig

If it's a boy: Jean Henri Benoît Guillaume Joseph Marie
If it's a girl: Alix Claudine Marie Josephine Charlotte

I think it's a girl, although I wish it was a brother for little Charles.

For a daughter: Elizabeth after Elizabeth of Bohemia, the spouse of John of Luxembourg

If it's a boy: Jean Henri Benoît Guillaume Joseph Marie
If it's a girl: Alix Claudine Marie Josephine Charlotte

I think it's a girl, although I wish it was a brother for little Charles.

Charles is perfection but there are SO many boys in the LRF. I really hope for a girl this time.;)

Name and gender have been revealed today ?

Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess are delighted to announce the birth of their son at the Maternité Grande-Duchesse Charlotte in Luxembourg on Monday, 27th March 2023 at 10:04 am.

The newborn Prince will be named François Henri Luis Marie Guillaume. He weights 3.575 kg and measures 53 cm.

Princess Stéphanie and her child are both healthy and well.

Congratulations to the couple! A little brother for Charles ��

The name is quite a surprise to me, classic and beautiful name though. Anyone get that right?

Both sons have their father's name as the middle one. And I assume Luis is from Stephanie's side?

Congratulations to the couple! A little brother for Charles ��

The name is quite a surprise to me, classic and beautiful name though. Anyone get that right?

Both sons have their father's name as the middle one. And I assume Luis is from Stephanie's side?

I assume Henri is after the Grand Duke?

Luis : Stéphanie's late mothers middle name was Louise (Alix Marie Isabelle Louise Ghislaine della Faille).

Back
Top Bottom