King Frederik official business promotion in Poland. January 31-February 2, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This visit is being covered very closely here in DK.

Mainly because it's King Frederik's first official visit abroad and there is a lot of interest in seeing what if anything he might do differently - and of course how he is doing this first solo trip on the top-job.

I think it's way too premature to even expect FX to do things differently. After all this visit was planned long ago and I see very little reason to deviate from what is already planned.

There has been some commenting on FX speech, regarding climate policy and attitude towards the climate change. But ding-a-ling that official Danish policy, supported by practically every single member of the Parliament.
FX did not say anything that went the least bit against Danish policy and I doubt very much his speech would no have been read and approved by the government.
Apart from that, the climate policy is the whole reason for him being in Poland in the first place!
One of the major exports of DK (and we are talking real money and jobs here) is green technology, know-how, and solutions and that's exactly what the Polish government wants. Because Poland wishes to eventually move away from fossil fuel and close down their considerable coal-mining industry. The Polish aren't stupid, they know where the future is. They wanna be on that train, and preferably sitting up front in the train.

So FX is doing fine, and he is actually continuing along the lines he has laid out for years. It's just that Danish media sucked at reporting what he has actually said in his speeches these last years. It's actually only the business papers that bothered writing about that.
Because King Frederik in a suit and wearing glasses while giving a speech is not nearly as "sexy" and sellable as King Frederik running or cheering at a sports event.

I beg to differ with those people. Not just for the obvious reasons (Hello, I'm a woman with working eyes) but because a person's intelligence, ethics, and passion mean more to me than their ability to run or hoo-rah at a sports event. Yes, Sporty!Frederik is great fun, but the other Frederik isn't a slouch, and that part of him deserves more respect.

Going nuclear is one of the "green" options that a lot of EU countries are facing after the invasion of Ukraine.
Poland really isn't that well suited for a massive investments in windmills and solar-farms, well.... Thermo-energy from deep drills might be a possibility but that technology is only being developed right now.

Going nuclear or not is of course an open discussion and in any case that's not a Danish export.

ADDED: A pic of FX:
https://livecenterimagesnorth.azure...img-2098eb61-fbd7-4409-b88e-3b927cb58d4c.jpeg

In his high-school teacher look.
It's all in the eyes of the beholder, I suppose.
Perhaps he could borrow a few of Daniel's glasses? And look a bit more sharp and angular.

NO! I hate Daniel's glasses. They look god-awful, and I wish he'd get a different shape of frames. If Frederik started wearing frames like that, I'd cry. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

:D:D

I hope they finally at long last begin to cover the more serious aspects of King Frederik's work.

I don't know why it comes as a kind of revelation for some commentators, one being otherwise well respected, that King Frederik can speak! And lo and behold, he can give speeches. And wouldn't you know, he is saying something! :eek:

:D:D

I hope they finally at long last begin to cover the more serious aspects of King Frederik's work.

I don't know why it comes as a kind of revelation for some commentators, one being otherwise well respected, that King Frederik can speak! And lo and behold, he can give speeches. And wouldn't you know, he is saying something! :eek:

I hope they do too. As much as I love to wax rhapsodic about his looks, I do it in good fun and understand that who he is as a person, what he stands for, and what he wants to do as king matters far more. Perhaps his reputation as being more sporty and fun-loving has given people the opinion that he can't speak about serious subjects or have more serious interests. I hope that in time, people change their tunes about that.

"Kristian Jensen is part of the Danish delegation in Poland as director of Green Power Denmark, which represents the green energy industry in Denmark.

- Poland is a huge market for green energy, says the former Liberal politician.

He is delighted that the new king has chosen to take green energy with him on a trip abroad.

- King Frederik has every opportunity to become a strong and very popular regent, Kristian Jensen says, among other things, about the new king.

Kristian Jensen calls King Frederik 'engaged, alive and committed to the people he meets'."
https://www.bt.dk/royale/live-kong-frederik-er-rejst-til-polen-foelg-hans-tur-her

Day 2 reception
King Frederik X of Denmark attends the Grand Business Reception at Szczecin Philharmonic Hall, Szczecin. The Danish King is leading a Danish business delegation including 38 participating companies in Poland from 31 January until 2 February 2024.

Here is more from the DRF page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/detdanskeko...PZzd2kXC3k9GYl

Energy optimization and climate-friendly agriculture has been the theme of the day during the Danish business promotion in Poland.
His Majesty the King began the day at the Stadion Narodowy metro station ion, where the technology and idea behind a project that could potentially collect and recycle the subway's surplus heat by sending it into the city's district heating system were presented.
Later, the King heard presentations on CO2 reduction in the world's major cities, before His Majesty met the 38 Danish companies participating in the forwarding.

Also, this was a nice touch by the Royal Air Force and the monogram on the plane! This was posted by a fellow Frogman!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFRh9ouXgAA-WB7?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFRh9ovXEAAINdW?format=jpg&name=medium

BB article re the plane and some more information about the multiple things the plane is used for
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...saa-fornemt-floej-kong-frederik-rundt-i-polen

Last edited:

IMO the trip was a resounding success! Alot of praise for the new King on his first trip abroad. Here is a little blurb from BB about the impressions:

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...-royal-ekspert

impressions
"- Something that I have heard over and over again during the visit from the participating companies and other professionals has been how genuinely interested he is in the green agenda and how much he knows about the subject, including his natural way of using technical terms, which often only "nerds" in the field use. It has made a big impression, concludes Marianne Singer."

Also from BT
https://www.bt.dk/royale/forsvarer-...ry-er-god-til-at-holde-taler-kongen-har-andre

"I think the King's special strength is that he engages with the people he meets with. He connects with them, and people can feel his personality behind him," says Jensen.

"Obviously, some people are fantastic speakers. The king is a great connector. He connects with people, and I think that's his great strength."

Kristian Jensen, what does it mean for Green Power Denmark that the King is involved in the business promotion?

"The fact that King Frederik X chooses to bring green energy with him on his very first visit as new majesty to Denmark is incredibly important. It shows how important it is for Denmark, but it also shows that it is something that Her Majesty is passionate about - that it is something that the King has been interested in all the time he has been Crown Prince. And now also as king. And we're really excited about that in the green energy industry," he says.

You have met the king before when he was crown prince. What do you think of King Frederik?

"I think King Frederik has every opportunity to become a strong and very popular ruler. The times I met him as crown prince and when I traveled with him, he has been really engaged, vibrant and interested in the people he meets."

"And these are qualities that I am sure the King will bring to his new duties in his new title, and which also help to create the connection between people that is incredibly important in our time."

"...The king is really good in a one-on-one conversation where you can feel his personality. I think he'll benefit a lot from that in his new role."

Wonderful that he is finally getting credit for these serious events/trips. It is more than about time! Maybe now those that think all he does is run/sports will get a little more informed as to what he's been doing for years.

Kristian Jensen who could have been PM right now, had he been less honest, less trusting and more cynical and more ruthless, has also spoken to BT about King Frederik and compared him quite aptly to Queen Mary:
https://www.bt.dk/royale/forsvarer-...ry-er-god-til-at-holde-taler-kongen-har-andre

He says, quite true, that you can't be good at everything and that the Regent Couple complement each other very well. - Can't say I disagree with his assessment.
"I think the special strengths of the King is that engage himself with the people he meets. He connects with the and people can sense his personality behind that.
Obviously some are fantastic speakers/orators. The King is a fantastic connector. He connects/bonds himself to people, and that I think is his big strength.
I think that King Frederik has all the possibilities of becoming a strong and very endeared Monarch. During the times I met him as crown prince and when I went traveling with him, he was really dedicated, vibrant and interested in the people he meets. (*)
And that are abilities that I'm certain the King brings with him in his new occupation in his new title and which is also a part of shaping the connection between people that is incredibly important in our time."

- But the King isn't that good at giving speeches. Is that cause for concern?
"No, I'm not worried about that, but obviously there are some who are up there in the super league, like Obama or for that matter Queen Mary. The King is really good in a one on one conversation, where you can feel his personality. That I think will really benefit him well in his new role."

(*) I also translate grammatical errors when translating quotes.
The typos are mine though...

Last edited:
I like King frederik X going alone for the first time , at least no fashion threads .

Those whose words carry the most weight in this context are Lars Løkke Rasmussen, Foreign Minister, but also former PM for quite a number of years.

And Lars Sandahl Sørensen, manger in Danish Industry and as such one of the most influential persons in DK.

Back
Top Bottom