King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 2: September 2004-March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pdas1201 said:
More pics...

It is truly a sad event. My condolences...

who is the woman sitting next to Queen Rania et Mrs Hariri
thanks

Amira said:
who is the woman sitting next to Queen Rania et Mrs Hariri
thanks

this is Bahia Hariri, rafiq hariri's sister and the president of Hariri foundation of beneficence.

Mr. Hariri was a great self-made man. This was truly sad and I am proud of how my country has responded to this tragedy. But I have to say like I said about GDJosefine's funeral, that this must be something for Rania cuz she could be in Mrs. Hariri's shoes. But I totally don't wish this on anyone. But at times and tragedies like these it is an opportunity for everyone to reflect on life and all that could happen and I guess to live everyday to the fullest.

AMMAN, JORDAN: Jordan's king Abdullah II (L) greets Bahraini King Hamad bin Isssa al-Khalifa upon on his arrival to Amman 19 February 2005. King Hamad is on an official visit to Jordan where he will hold a joint summit with King Abdullah.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 150
salma said:
King Abdullah will visit Spain February 23th. Will be acompained to Queen Rania?http://www.finanzas.com/id.8194499/noticias/noticia.htm

King To Depart For Madrid on Tuesday

Amman, Feb. 21(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II will visit on Tuesday Madrid at the outset of his several- day working tour that will take him to Spain, France, Britain, and Germany.
During his tour, the King will hold talks on regional developments, particularly in Palestine and Iraq as well as efforts exerted to push the peace process forward. King's talks will also touch on mechanisms of promoting relations between Jordan and these countries in all fields.

Finally Queen Rania don´t visit Spain

King Arrives in Madrid

Madrid, Feb. 22(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II arrived on Tuesday in Madrid at the outset of his several- day working tour that includes Spain, France, Britain, and Germany.

King Abdullah will hold talks with King Juan Carlos of Spain, his Prime Minister Jose Luis Zapatero, and Presidents of Parliament and Senate on recent political developments in the region, particularly in Palestine and Iraq.

Talks will also cover efforts being exerted to push the peace process forward as well as mechanisms of promoting bilateral ties in all fields.

King Abdullah is accompanied by Prime Minister Faisal Fayez, Royal Court Minister Samir Rifai, and Foreign Minister Hani Mulki.

Petra

Last edited by a moderator:
MADRID, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 22: King Juan Carlos of Spain (L) receives King Abdallah of Jordan at Zarzuela Palace on February 22, 2005 in Madrid, Spain.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 150
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 128
more pictures from Spain (gettyimages)

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 148
Translated from Le MONDE http://www.lemonde.fr/web/recherche_articleweb/1,13-0,36-399085,0.html

Peaces hope to the Middle East, by the king Abdallah II Jordan
LE MONDE | 22.02.05

The last month, I went to Charm el-cheikh to attend the summit during which the Palestinian president Abbas and the prime minister Sharon promised to revive the peace process to the Middle East. Shortly after, I telephoned in order to finalize the organization of my encounter with the president Chirac, to Paris. My call shows my recognition of the role of leader of the France in the construction of a positive future for my region and for all humanity, a future a lot of peaces hope and of liberty.

To Charm el-cheikh, the world was able to observe a sincere engagement. But the history shows that the words can be only a beginning. Today and in the days to come, the peaces hopes must be made real and, for that, it will be necessary courage, compromises and a lot of works. The friends of peace have an urgent need of the support of the international community and no nation has more influence in this cause than France, of by his historic role, his equity and his deep respect towards the other nations.

The total support for peace is more than a moral obligation. The arab-israeli conflict remains the central crisis of the region, which is at the origin of immense sufferings, of destructions, and impedes the regional development. This conflict had equally an explosive general impact while helping the terrorists and the extremist ones to create cultural and religious tensions through the world. Peace is consequently a universal cause. Currently, and with the French support, it exists a "road leaf" that reflects the successful initiatives of peaces realized by the Arabic nations to the Beirut summit in 2002, initiatives approved by the members of the Quartet (Europe, Russia, the Un, the United States) and the G8 industrialized nations.

The "road leaf" brings the solution of two States, alone average of a durable peace: a sovereign, democratic Palestine and viable; security guarantees for Israel; and a process that brings to a global agreement addressing to itself the Syria and to Lebanon. The "road leaf" assures justice and the security while meeting the entire region, Morocco to the Yemen, in a cure process bringing reconciliation and hope.

We now must work together to be at the height of this promise. France has a role of leader to play in Europe and in the world, to assure itself that the peace process is resumed efficiently, as well as to support the efforts of the president Abbas and of his government to create the necessary institutions to peace, to the security and to the development. In this perspective, an important occasion will present itself to the London lecture to the month of March, that will organize the international assistance to support the Palestinian efforts in the construction of the democratic institutions and will debate equally economical public support and private necessary to bring to the Palestinians a new full future of hope. While anticipating this meeting, as well as the one of the Arabic League to Algiers, I rejoice at a narrow and continuous dialog with the president Chirac.

The Arab-Israeli peace process is not surely that a sphere of activity where our partnership is required urgency. The Jordan and France divide a common interest for the Lebanese future in the support of peace and democracy. We work also together to help the Iraq to organize the security, normalization and the reconstruction of the country. The success of the recent Iraqi elections was a forward important step, but we must encourage the participation of the Iraqi people in the compilation of the Constitution and to the elections that will take place at the end of this year.

The Jordan also is determined to support the France in its own interests. We were trusted to have played a role in the liberation of the French hostages, last year, and we still cause all this that is in our strength to do even for the French journalist currently captive withholding.

The will to stop the conflict in our region must be accompanied simultaneously engagements to create a sustainable development, while giving a luck to a peaces future for those that some currently are dispossessed.

Today, our people, especially the young ones, have a hopeless need to attain liberty, to prosperity and to the progresses of the XXIe century. To realize that, the Arabic world agrees on the necessity of a reformation: a governance revives and transparent, educational systems dedicated to the excellence, tangible advances in the human development and a private severe sector, being able to contribute to create innovation and economical growth.

The Jordan already engaged itself in this perspective; our country carried out structural changes in order to construct a democratic political life and to root the human rights and the access to all the possibilities to all the levels of the corporation. In the economy, we encouraged the innovation and the partnership with the private sector. The French investment played an important and appreciated role. The Jordan had the honor to be the first country of the Machrek to sign an association agreement with the European Union, and we work in narrow collaboration with France and of other European countries through the Barcelona process.

The vision of my country the one of a corporation opened and modern based on the authentic Arab-Islamic values: peace, dignity equals for all, the reign of the law and the pursuit of the excellence. We strongly believe in the tolerance and to the respect of the others. In November 2004, the Jordan delivered the Amman message for all the Muslims and for others through the world, asserting the true Islam; the one of peace, moderation and progress.

We believe that the local model of the Jordan is pertinent for the entire region, in the creation of the development, in the fight against extremism, and to bring a new hope.

The initiative "Vision 2010 of the Arabic world", that will be launched to the economical international Forum of the Dead sea, in Jordan, in May, will welcome bosses of private businesses and civil corporation of Arabic everyone in order to organize a regional effective action plan.

We are recognizant to the France to have taken a strong position in the respect of the own reformation process of our region and encouraged his support. The president Chirac equally played a role of important leader while approaching the question of the inadequate financing of the development. Of such efforts favour the placement some places of an international framework regarding to increase the financing of the development for the countries showing a strong will to progress and motivated by a positive change.

I am to trust to take part in the continuous dialog between France and the Jordan. Since the era of His Majesty the fire king Hussein, we established a strong partnership, that continues today, based on interests and a basis of common ideals. These days, a bigger liberty and a bigger security are more within reach of humanity. I am persuaded that while working together can pass us promise to the action.

By the king Abdallah II of Jordan

Abdallah II is Jordan king since February 1999

King Abdullah, Prince Ali of Jordan and King Juan Carlos of Spain in Sakhir (Bahrein). February 22, 2005.

Attachments

• 050222112835.veydifkl0b.jpg
    050222112835.veydifkl0b.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 204
King Arrives In Paris

Amman, Feb. 23 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday arrived in Paris on a few-hour visit during which he will hold talks with French President Jacques Chirac.

Talks will focus on developments in the Middle East, means of pushing peace process forward and the bilateral ties.

//Petra//

French President Jacques Chirac (R) shakes hands with King Abdallah of Jordan upon his arrival at the Elysee Palace in Paris, February 23, 2005. The Jordanian monarch arrived here to discuss the situation in the Middle East. REUTERS/Jack Dabaghian

Attachments

• r2825746231.jpg
    r2825746231.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 1733I.jpg
    1733I.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 152
1.MADRID, SPAIN: Spanish Prime Minister Jose luis Rodriguez Zapatero (R) welcomes King Abdullah II of Jordan in Madrid, 23 February 2005. AFP PHOTO/Pierre-Philippe MARCOU (Photo credit should read PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP/Getty Images)

2-4.King Abdullah this morning in Spain with Spanish President, Jose L. Rodriguez Zapatero in Moncloa´s Palace. In 3 and 4 photo we can see Prince Ai.

From Petra.

Attachments

• 52230752.jpg
    52230752.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 111
  • 1737I.jpg
    1737I.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 119
  • 1738I.jpg
    1738I.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 1736I.jpg
    1736I.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 126
The queen

salma said:
French President Jacques Chirac (R) shakes hands with King Abdallah of Jordan upon his arrival at the Elysee Palace in Paris, February 23, 2005. The Jordanian monarch arrived here to discuss the situation in the Middle East. REUTERS/Jack Dabaghian

Salma, I see that the King is travelling now alone without her wife the queen. It's good, Rania must take care of their youngest son.

Paris, FRANCE: King Abdallah II of Jordan (C) reviews the honor guard 23 February 2005 at the Elysee Palace in Paris prior to a meeting with French President Jacques Chirac. AFP PHOTO JACK GUEZ (Photo credit should read JACK GUEZ/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 125
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 117
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: British Prime Minister Tony Blair (R) greets Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) on the doorstep to No. 10 Downing Street in London 24 February 2005. King Abdullah has been visiting several European countries to discuss the latest developments in the Middle East

Attachments

• 52235612.jpg
    52235612.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 52235630.jpg
    52235630.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 52235652.jpg
    52235652.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 52235656.jpg
    52235656.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 110
Amira said:
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: British Prime Minister Tony Blair (R) greets Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) on the doorstep to No. 10 Downing Street in London 24 February 2005. King Abdullah has been visiting several European countries to discuss the latest developments in the Middle East

more pics...

Attachments

• 52235684.jpg
    52235684.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 52235713.jpg
    52235713.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 52235716.jpg
    52235716.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 110
BERLIN - FEBRUARY 25: King Abdullah II of Jordan meets with German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder before a joint press conference at the Chancellery on February 25, 2005 in Berlin, Germany. King Abdullah II is in Germany on the final stage of his tour of western European nations, meeting with the political leaders and discussing the Middle East peace process. (Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 98
last set from gettyimages

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 123
Queen Rania is opening Floating Books Exhibition on March 5, 2005. Be sure to post lots of pics.

King Stresses Jordan's Keenness on Ensuring the Success of Algiers Summit</STRONG></FONT>

Pet0521 4 0248

King Stresses Jordan's Keenness on Ensuring the Success of Algiers Summit
Amman, March 1st(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II
stressed Jordan's keenness to ensure the success of the upcoming Arab

summit, scheduled to be held in Algiers, expressing hope that the
summit would come up with resolutions that enhance the joint Arab
action and fulfill the Arabs' aspirations and serve their interests.

During receiving President of Algerian Parliament/ the
Special envoy of the Algerian President Abdel Qader bin Saleh, the
King affirmed the necessity of cooperation and coordination between
all Arab countries to crystallize a unified stand towards all issues.

For his part, the Algerian official valued Jordan's
efforts, under the leadership of His Majesty King Abdullah II, in
enhancing Arab solidarity. He also reviewed the Algerian
preparations for hosing the Summit.

The meeting was attended by Royal Court Minister Samir Rifai
and the Algerian ambassador to Jordan.

//Petra//

pics from Petra :
King Abdullah today

Attachments

• 1821I.jpg
    1821I.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 142
Khader says King's visit to Israel 'possible', but no confirmation

By Mahmoud Al Abed

AMMAN — A senior official on Monday said a visit by His Majesty King Abdullah to Israel was “possible,” but no decision has been taken yet.

“We do not have any confirmed information that such a visit has been decided, but at the same time we do not rule it out,” Government Spokesperson Asma Khader told her weekly press conference yesterday.

Khader, also minister of culture, said Jordan was ready to take any move to support the Palestinians help achieve peace in the region. She was responding to a report by Israel's Haaretz daily quoting Arab Israeli members of the Knesset, who were visiting Jordan on Sunday, as saying that “King Abdullah was considering extending a trip to the Palestinian Authority and Israel in the coming weeks.”

They said Prime Minister Faisal Fayez told them that the Monarch “will soon visit the territories and that he was considering the option of stopping in Israel,” Haaretz reported.

Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Hani Mulki said he is to visit the Palestinian territories and Israel next week for talks on efforts to revive the peace process.

Mulki, who left yesterday for London to take part in the London conference on Palestinian reform, told Al Rai and The Jordan Times that his talks with Israeli officials will include issues related to bilateral agreements and the Jordanian prisoners in Israeli jails.

Haaretz yesterday quoted Knesset member Ahmed Tibi as telling Fayez and Mulki in Amman that the Israeli government “is not currently prepared to release the prisoners.”

But Khader said that the Kingdom “insists on releasing the prisoners.”

The prisoners, estimated at 25, are to go on a hunger strike today, demanding their freedom.

Khader expressed Jordan's “solidarity with the prisoners and their families,” stressing that the government was “closely following on the issue.”

Also Monday, Khader said she had no information on talks between Jordanian, Israeli and Syrian officials at the Dead Sea.

“We support all efforts that would activate the peace process in line with the Arab Peace Initiative,” adopted by the Beirut Arab summit in 2002, calling for Israel's withdrawal from occupied Arab territories in return for normal ties with the Arab world.

Faisal Malkawi and Majid Amir contributed to this report

Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Caption:</SPAN>
AMMAN, JORDAN: Belgian Foreign Minister Karel De Gucht (L) meets with Jordanian King Abdullah II in Amman 27 February 2005. De Gucht has been in the Middle East since 24 February in order to "make an evaluation on the ground of the evolution of the peace process in the region." AFP PHOTO/YUSSEF ALLAN (Photo credit should read YUSSEF ALLAN/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 52248810.jpg
    52248810.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 151
King Meets Oracle Official

Pet0808 4 0188

King Meets Oracle Official
[1]For papers use...

Amman, Feb. 27(Petra)-- His Majesty Abdullah II received
on Sunday Executive Vice President of Oracle in Europe, Middle East
and Africa (EMEA) Sergio Giacoletto.

During the meeting, which was attended by Royal Court
Minister Smir Rifai, King's Advisor Akel Beltaji, Minister of
Telecommunications and Information Technology Nadia Saeed,
and Director of Economy and Development Management at the Royal Court
Muhammad Rawashdeh, the two sides discussed possibilities of
establishing a regional office for Oracle in Jordan.

Talks also covered possibilities of facilitating the use of
Oracle programs in the public and private sectors institutions.

Attachments

• 3974I.jpg
    3974I.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 135
King Abdullah activities February 27, 2005 in Amman

From Petra

King meets arab parliamentarians in the israli Knesset

Attachments

• 3973I.jpg
    3973I.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 119
King, Syrian Prime Minister Hold Talks
[1]Amman, Feb. 27 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II
stressed that efforts which Jordan is currently exerting are
focusing on the necessity of achieving a just and comprehensive
peace in the region including Syrian and Lebanese tracks.

At the Royal Court, where His Majesty received Syrian
Prime Minister Muhammad Naji Etri, who delivered to His Majesty
greetings of Syrian President Bashar Assad, in the presence of Prime
Minister Faisal Fayez, Minister of the Royal Court Sameer Rifai and
Foreign Minister Hani Mulki, The Monarch said that the Arab peace
initiative is the way to end the Arab-Israeli conflict and to
achieve peace, security and prosperity in the region, noting that
the Algiers Summit will discuss means of activating the
implementation of this initiative.

The King reiterated that Jordan is keen to insure
the implementation of the International Legitimacy Resolutions
related to the Middle East, affirming Jordan's full keenness to
insure Lebanon unity and sovereignty.

" Jordan is also keen, just like Syria, to develop bilateral
cooperation in all domains for the interest of both countries," King
Abdullah said, adding that agreements and MoU's that are to be
signed during the meeting of the joint Jordanian- Syrian Higher
Committee in the economic, trade, cultural and scientific fields,
particularly the border demarcation agreement, reflect the
level that relations between the two countries have reached.

//Petra//

271825 Local FEB 2005

Attachments

• 3972I.jpg
    3972I.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 121
Exhibition of the biggest floating library inaugurated in Aqaba onboard the oldest vessel worldwide

Amman/ March 5/ (Petra)-- Deputizing for Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, President of Aqaba Special Economic Zone Nader Dahabi Saturday opened the exhibition of the largest floating library in the world onboard the oldest ever vessel "Dollos" which has been sailing since 1914.

Addressing the opening ceremony, Dahabi said Her Majesty Queen Rania gives special attention to local and international voluntary activities designed to promote cultural exchange and mutual understanding between nations and with the aim of reaching a secure world rich in knowledge and peaceful human
relations.

He conveyed Queen Rania's greeting to the ship crew and thanked them for organizing the exhibition which includes over 6000 titles.

The 180-meter-long ship arrived in Aqaba last Thursday and will stay until May 20.

Dollos has a crew of 320 persons from more 40 countries and it is owned by a non-profitable German foundation called " Valuable Books for All". It is two years younger than the legend Titanic. Over the past 27 years, Dollos has docked at over 500 ports in 100 countries and it has hosted over 17 million visitors.

King Abdullah, King Fahd Open Talks

Riyadh, March 6(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks on Sunday in Riyadh with Saudi King Fahd Bin Abdel Aziz and Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz on means of enhancing bilateral ties as well as the latest developments in the region.
During the meeting, the two sides expressed keenness to promote bilateral relations to serve the interests of Jordanian and Saudi peoples.
They also affirmed their support to efforts of the Palestinian leadership to establish security, build institutions that can shoulder responsibilities and establish an independent viable Palestinian state.
The two sides underlined the necessity of supporting efforts that aim at pushing the peace process forward including the Palestinian and Lebanese tracks.
His Majesty the King stressed the importance of activating the Arab Peace Initiative, which was adopted in Beirut Summit, to achieve a just and comprehensive peace in the region.
King Abdullah also highlighted the necessity of exerting efforts to rally support for efforts that aim at regaining security and stability in Iraq, preserving its lands, and enabling its people to chart their secure future.
On the other hand, the two sides expressed keenness to ensure the success of the upcoming Arab summit, scheduled to be held in Algiers. They also expressed hope that the Summit would come up with resolutions that fulfill Arabs' aspirations in achieving security, stability and welfare.
Talks were attended by HRH Prince Hashem Bin Al Hussein, Prime Minister Faisal Fayez, Jordan's ambassador to Riyadh Quftan Majali as well as a number of Saudi senior officials.
HRH Crown Prince Abdullah Bin Abdel Aziz had earlier hosted a lunch banquet in the honor of His Majesty King Abdullah II
and his accompanying delegation.

//Petra//

King Returns Home

Amman/March 6(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Sunday returned home after a brief visit to Saudi Arabia for talks
with King Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz and Crown Prince Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz on bilateral relations and regional developments. HRH Prince Hashem and Premier Faisal Fayez returned with the King.

Wardat/Petra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom