HGD Couple expecting their first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not French but I understand French fairly well. French has two grammatical genders: male and female. So every noun is either male or female, and the corresponding male or female forms of the articles and pronouns must be used with them. There is no gender neutral 'it'. They were referring to 'the baby', 'le bébé' in French, and bébé is a male noun. The only grammatically correct way to refer to it was by using the male form of the article and pronouns.

Therefore I'd say that they didn't give away anything. Chances for a girl are still 50%.?
Exactly, I am french and I can tell you that the world bébé is a male noun and absolutely gender neutral. It can refer to a baby girl or a baby boy and in each case, when refering to the world bébé, they have to say «*il*» (he).

Did they say when she is due (April/May etc) or just give a generic 'Spring or Summer' projection?

LaRae

Very fun interview! Always nice to hear from these two given how discrete they are.

To me also it is clear that they struggled with pregnancy and fertility from the sounds of what they say in the interview. Things like they “had to wait” for it etc. I’m glad it’s worked out for them.

Their time in London sounds like a good time that probably let them relax and make it happen. Sounds like pregnancy came at the end of their stay in Uk also (which also makes me think they possibly had some sort of fertility treatment there and left when it was successful - which would make sense in case they want to avoid rumours in Luxembourg which seems like a small place) as they mention they told family in Luxembourg in their home. Did the court mention the dates when they officially moved and came back?
I don't remember the court announcing the HGD couple's return. Guillaume and Stephanie had an economic mission to Morocco in September and then their activities in Luxembourg increased by October so it was obvious they moved back.

I'm not French but I understand French fairly well. French has two grammatical genders: male and female. So every noun is either male or female, and the corresponding male or female forms of the articles and pronouns must be used with them. There is no gender neutral 'it'. They were referring to 'the baby', 'le bébé' in French, and bébé is a male noun. The only grammatically correct way to refer to it was by using the male form of the article and pronouns.

Therefore I'd say that they didn't give away anything. Chances for a girl are still 50%.?

Thank you for that important information!

Thank you for summary of the interview.

Stephanie looks right on schedule, she doesn't look any bigger than someone who is 4-5 months pregnant. Her busts has doubled in size and that is quite obvious- but that is quite normal during pregnancy

I don't remember the court announcing the HGD couple's return. Guillaume and Stephanie had an economic mission to Morocco in September and then their activities in Luxembourg increased by October so it was obvious they moved back.

From the start is was announced that they would go to London for a specific military program for Guillaume ("will start a post-graduate training course at the Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS) in September" as per Luxarazzi). The normal duration of that course is 10 months (until July) if I am not mistaken, so they probably saw little reason to announce they were back as all went according to plan.

Edit: Looked it up again. Here is the syllabus of the course that Guillaume took. It ran from September 18 to July 19.

Last edited:
She looks pretty big to me but everybody carries differently. Also she had put on weight probably due to whatever treatments she had to do. She really does radiate happiness now it must have been very hard

She looks pretty big to me but everybody carries differently. Also she had put on weight probably due to whatever treatments she had to do. She really does radiate happiness now it must have been very hard

True, fertility treatment and the hormones unfortunately make women put on weight so it’s potentially a side effect of her treatment.

Picture perfect and magnificent! I like the royal tea service. The blue pattern on the teacups is quite pretty. ???????

I wonder if that very elegant very Royal tea service was a wedding gift?

Fischbach Castle is a dream. It's a perfect place to raise a family. I hope they get to spend many happy years there.:flowers:

I wonder if she is going to have multiple births? It's not uncommon for women who have undergone fertility treatments to have multiple births.

I wonder if she is going to have multiple births? It's not uncommon for women who have undergone fertility treatments to have multiple births.

There's no evidence that she has had fertility treatement.

True but they indirectly indicated in their PdV interview that it they struggled with infertility (which is not necessarily the same as having had fertility treatment but it is surely in the realms of possibility).

During the months that they were keeping the pregnancy secret Guillaume and Stephanie referred their unborn child as "THE little stowaway" and the HGD also said " the baby is very active."
(PdV interview)

In other words, the couple has never slipped and given any indication whatsoever that they are expecting more than one baby.

Last edited:
During the months that they were keeping the pregnancy secret Guillaume and Stephanie referred their unborn child as "THE little stowaway" and the HGD also said " the baby is very active."
(PdV interview)

In other words, the couple has never slipped and given any indication whatsoever that they are expecting more than one baby.

Possibly ,probably it is only 1 baby. I would guess that if twins were expected they would know by now...

This would be nice and there was this piece in the interview referring to gender& name, various solutions have been suggested but could aswell possibly say, it's two babies:D

Possibly ,probably it is only 1 baby. I would guess that if twins were expected they would know by now...

By their dating scan (usually 10-14 weeks) a doctor would have been able to tell.

They have been quite consistent on the baby not babies statements.

By their dating scan (usually 10-14 weeks) a doctor would have been able to tell.

They have been quite consistent on the baby not babies statements.

Of course they know, but they said some will be a surprise, so there is still hope :D

I am almost 100% certain that they know the sex of their unborn child. The name is what they are still deciding upon.;)

Oh I hope so much this Baby is safely on it's way, some uplifting news would be much welcome

I am almost 100% certain that they know the sex of their unborn child. The name is what they are still deciding upon.;)

Yes, you are correct. The Hereditary Grand Duchess remarked in the Point de Vue interview referenced earlier in the thread that there was no "obvious" choice for the name (apparently, no matter how traditional they might be, they haven't deemed Jean or Charlotte to be mandatory ;)).

Its great that they are havinga baby.. but in some ways what an awful time.. no celebrations...

Celebrations are just a very small part of the joy of having a baby !It's not important.

Celebrations can take place in another way. But joy of the birth of a baby is the most important. I hope that Guillaume and Stephanie are safe at this point and that the baby is born healthy, that's the most important thing.

I doubt very much that we will see the smiling HGD couple giving a brief interview as they bring their newborn home from the hospital unfortunately.

More likely that the Court will simply release photos from the hospital or even from Fischbach after the official announcement.

It's about 6-8 weeks to go, I think!:flowers:

Last edited:
She is due at the end of May.
When Princess Juliana of the Netherlands had her third daughter in January 1943 in the mids of the war, they apparently delayed the announcement of the birth, because they feared that there would be a large crowd of people wanting to celebrate the birth.
Could it be that the announcement of the birth would be delayed to avoid crowds of people to celebrate the birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom