General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 5: July 2020 - Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the second time, Prince Albert had to chase, with a press release from his cabinet, what was anticipated by his sister-in-law to the media. The first time happened when in September the Princess was hospitalized for a collapse and the news was given at first by her sister-in-law rather than by the Prince that is also her husband. This said it all.

Last edited:
At this point, the Palace press people would be wise to just start "defining" things a bit more. "Charlene, who returned to Monaco last week, will continue to rest for the next six months. Please respect her privacy."

Then, reassess after six months. At that point, if she still isn't going to do "consort work," they can say she has decided to scale back any official appearances and focus on raising her children and pursuing personal interests.

Sure, people would comment, but I think the media would lose interest eventually.

At this point, the Palace press people would be wise to just start "defining" things a bit more. "Charlene, who returned to Monaco last week, will continue to rest for the next six months. Please respect her privacy."

Then, reassess after six months. At that point, if she still isn't going to do "consort work," they can say she has decided to scale back any official appearances and focus on raising her children and pursuing personal interests.

Sure, people would comment, but I think the media would lose interest eventually.

I agree 100%. At this point, it would be better to correct facts later. These open-ended press releases just create more gossip, not less.

(Also, I thought it was an open secret that Charlene lived in her own villa, and has done so for quite some time? In other words, I don't think the separate living arrangements are new.)

And though I've been an advocate for Charlene's medical privacy on this website, if something more serious is going on, even if it's possibly embarrassing, I would advise Albert and Charlene that it's past time to get ahead of the story and just come out with it.

Their PR, frankly, sucks, and it's now obvious that there is no coordination between their teams. There is no way their PR will effectively deal with any scandal after the fact. At this point it's only a matter of time until the tabloids uncover something if there is something to uncover.

I really feel for Charlene if she is ill, but if there is any possible way she could at least do the balcony appearance on National Day with her kids, I would advise her to do so if I was her PR person. To be frank, I would consider it unavoidable at this point to stem the gossip.

I thought that the press release, and the fact that the Princely Family had the forethought to release one, was great until "the Princess' location will remain strictly confidential." As others have said, why bring that up at all? It's not like a reporter asked them about HSH The Princess of Monaco's location...this is a press release where they control what information they want out there. Now, rather than reasonably assuming that she's convalescing at their palace, their own press release have given a skeptical people and press carte blanche to speculative on why HSH The Princess of Monaco is possible not in the palace with her family.

This whole situation is sad. I hope that the entire family, especially HSH The Princess of Monaco, are able to heal from the illnesses and the stresses that have befallen them.

I thought that the press release, and the fact that the Princely Family had the forethought to release one, was great until "the Princess' location will remain strictly confidential." As others have said, why bring that up at all? It's not like a reporter asked them about HSH The Princess of Monaco's location...this is a press release where they control what information they want out there. Now, rather than reasonably assuming that she's convalescing at their palace, their own press release have given a skeptical people and press carte blanche to speculative on why HSH The Princess of Monaco is possible not in the palace with her family.

This whole situation is sad. I hope that the entire family, especially HSH The Princess of Monaco, are able to heal from the illnesses and the stresses that have befallen them.

As I said before the Prince PR had to chase what was already said to the Media by her sister in law. It's a shame. I hope the Princess will heal and recover very soon.

No compassion for someone who is ill. All they. Care about is a busted marriage story. She obviously needs to recover.

I don't think the public has any business knowing Charlene's medical history. She is home with her husband and children. In the US peoples medical history is privileged and protected by federal law. Let's respect and support Charlene's privacy!

We won’t speculate on any further physical or mental problems/illnesses. Please stay respectful towards the people you discuss. A few posts have therefore been removed.

Lady Daly, I agree with you. We should all pray for all the family especially for Charlene so that they will overcome this difficult time.

Prince Albert of Monaco confirms that Charlene is not in the Principality and that her ailment 'is not only physical'

The sovereign has assured in Monaco Matin that his wife “is not in the Principality, but we will be able to visit her very soon. I can not say more for discretion", he assures in the publication.

“He is better, but he still needs rest and peace. It is not in the Principality, but we will be able to visit it very soon. I cannot say more for discretion. There is fatigue, not just physical, that can only be treated with a period of rest and follow-up”, she said.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_monaco/20211118199826/charlene-de-monaco-fuera-principado/

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad story, we will never know the truth but I really wish her all the best.

Hmm..It sounds as if perhaps things are quite serious. Sad because I think there is affection between them

I thought she might be recuperating at Roc Agel, and might even appear at the Palace window to wave on National Day, but it is not to be.:sad:

Maybe she is at Marchais instead.

I hope she is at least somewhere where her children can easily visit her.

Sad situation.

Having to deal with the press on top of whatever it is that is going on, must just add to the stress.

It sounds like Charlene is somewhat better, and hopefully will continue to do so.

Maybe the Princess is in some sort of facility?

I don't see the reason why she would choose to recover away from her children after months of separation.

P Albert in the interview suggested that P Charlene is not only suffering from physical symptoms. This sounds really serious. I can only imagine the strain on every member of this poor family: P Albert, the twins and mostly P Charlene.

I can only pray that P Charlene is given all the time and care she needs to be well again. The media, the public, everyone else need to show compassion and refrain from the so harmful gossip and rumours surrounding the couple.

C4A, I agree with you. As I have said many times all the rumours and speculations have to end once and for all. All we can do now is to pray for all the family.

Speculations about the state of the Princely Couple’s marriage are completely inappropriate in view of the information we were given by the Palace and the Princely Family and have therefore been removed. Further inappropriate comments and posts will be deleted without notice.

I logged in Monaco Matin. But unfortunately I could not read the whole interview. Is there another way where one can read the whole interview?

:previous:

You have to register and pay for the magazine‘s whole content. So far there are only excerpts available, like in this dailymail article, a full translation is not available yet.

I hope Princess Charlene feels better in her own time. I know first hand having such an infection is awful….besides, pain, the infection is in the head and that is scary. She was away from home and loved ones. No support except medical. One thing she had is good doctors who got her home to family. It will take time, lots of time. Prayers and love to the entire family.

I never read Daily Mail, because they always give the article a twist to put Albert and Charlene in a very bad light. All that the family now needs are prayers for Princess Charlene to regain her physical and emotional health and for Prince Albert to be strong for the twins and to carry on with his official duties.

That sounds like a sad and stressful situation for Albert, Charlene and the twins.

I think it’s good that Albert has been honest and acknowledged there’s a mental health or psychological component to Charlene’s situation. Some will say it should have come earlier, whole others may think that he shouldn’t have had to comment on it at all, but the situation calls for a certain level of openness now that the most acute part of the physical illness seems to be finished.

I hope that Jacques and Gabriella are at least able to see their mother on a regular basis now.

I think its a positive move to get help, she has support from her family, so now hopefully the press will leave her alone, to get better, really hope she finds some peace soon.

Very worrying news but the fact that she’s getting help is great. I hope whatever is troubling her can be resolved.

Prince Albert reveals that Charlene receives treatment outside Monaco: "It is not cancer or cosmetic surgery"

The Monegasque prince has granted an exclusive interview to the American magazine 'People' in which he talks about the rumors about his wife.

"As I know there are rumors out there, let me say that this is not covid, it is not related to cancer and, if you want to talk about more speculation, it is not related to cosmetic surgery or a 'job' on the face", Albert of Monaco has said in an interview with the American magazine 'People'.

Regarding her whereabouts and how the decision was made that Charlene from Monaco needed treatment, she stated that "I sat down with her brothers and her sister-in-law. She had already made the decision and we just wanted her to confirm it with us in front of her. She wanted this. He knows that it is best to rest in the context of medical treatment. And not in Monaco. For private reasons, it must have been somewhere outside of Monaco, for privacy reasons."

Prince Albert of Monaco is not being clear or explicit when it comes to addressing the situation, so the only thing we know is that he is "somewhere in Europe" and that his recovery may take an indeterminate period that initially takes weeks.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...co-charlene-enfermedad-declaraciones_3327330/

Last edited:
Thank God it isn't cancer asI feared it was. I wish the Princess a speedy recovery and I'd like to add that it is absolutely appalling she has had to deal with serious health issues whilst having her marriage torn apart in the media. Albert should sue and seek significant damages as certain publications have crossed the line big time these past few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom