General News about Joachim, Marie and Family Part 4: July 2014 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same. Sometimes the royals take pictures at an event and later use them for official pictures.
The picture is nice, it would've also been nice if they released a single image of the royals separately.

Thanks Duke of Marmalade.

A very traditional pose. Almost nostalgic.

I thought the same. Sometimes the royals take pictures at an event and later use them for official pictures.
The picture is nice, it would've also been nice if they released a single image of the royals separately.
I noticed the same. Often official pictures are published long after the event when they were taken. But gown, jewels, hairrstyle - everything matches with the Vietnam visit.

:previous: Have you been photoshopping again, Polyesco? ;)

The less said about that match the better!:bang:
The local ol'boys team here could play better football than the national team, even without their spectacles!

Last edited:
Oh dear, Polyesco. :ermm:

What have you against pink and red pants? It's refreshing IMO.
I have always thought these colors become Joachim (who BTW is a perfect gentleman) very well. :cool:

:previous: Oh yes. :)
It's my dreams I worry about...:ermm:

Frederik as style-icon... well, he has shaped up recently. - No doubt after getting advice from Joachim.

It's with Jim Lyngvild as it is with Prince Henrik. Half the time I think he is wonderful, the other half I want to hit him on the head with a shovel. :p

Even though the DRF is well covered in BB this week, there really isn't much news, so I'll contend myself with one summary only.

This is basically about our Marie learning Danish, which is why I place this summary of an article in Billed Bladet #38, 2015, written by Dorthe Quist, here.

Dorte Quist observes that Marie speaks excellent Danish and that she use a quirky sense of humor in her Speeches.

Marie says about learning Danish (from a speech): "A few words about the Danish language. It's taken me a long time to learn and even longer to pronounce. But I think it's important that you try to learn Danish. It's the best way to get to know the Danes".

Here from an interview with the reporter: "I really like speaking Danish. And I tell my children and husband that they must correct me, when I make mistakes. Unfortunately they correct me way too often".

As bette Henrik and Athena grows up and learn the language, as well as picking up phrases at the kindergarten it rubs off on Marie.
Joachim and Mare speak a mix of French and Danish to each other, albeit mostly Danish.
"I've told everyone I know throughout the years in Denmark to only speak Danish to me. That's the best way, I think.
It's very, very important to learn to speak Danish, so that you can get to know the culture, the country and the Danes".

Marie has previously told that she was encouraged by her father-in-law to learn Danish as it means a lot to the natives. - And it does!

Last edited:
^^^I believe Queen Silvia made a similar remark about learning Swedish. While she was grateful for their help, her husband and children were often too quick to correct her.
Glad to see that Marie's Danish has steadily improved.

Marie says about learning Danish (from a speech): "A few words about the Danish language. It's taken me a long time to learn and even longer to pronounce. But I think it's important that you try to learn Danish. It's the best way to get to know the Danes".

Here from an interview with the reporter: "I really like speaking Danish. And I tell my children and husband that they must correct me, when I make mistakes. Unfortunately they correct me way too often".

As bette Henrik and Athena grows up and learn the language, as well as picking up phrases at the kindergarten it rubs off on Marie.
Joachim and Mare speak a mix of French and Danish to each other, albeit mostly Danish.
"I've told everyone I know throughout the years in Denmark to only speaking Danish to me. That's the best way, I think.
It's very, very important to learn to speak Danish, so that you can get to know the culture, the country and the Danes".

Marie has previously told that she was encouraged by her father-in-law to learn Danish as it means a lot to the natives. - And it does!

Nice :flowers:
I thought She and Joachim had said they spoke French at home. so their kids can learn French?
maybe im mistaken

Either way I agree with Marie, you are welcome to a new country you should try to speak their language.

I thought She and Joachim had said they spoke French at home. so their kids can learn French?
maybe im mistaken

Either way I agree with Marie, you are welcome to a new country you should try to speak their language.

She has previously said she speaks French to the children, while Joachim speaks Danish.

maybe im mistaken

Of course you should learn the language(s) of the country; bravo to both Marie and Mary for learning Danish! As a visitor to Denmark this summer, I can speak to the difficulties of pronunciation alluded to by Princess Marie; the written language is NOTHING like what you say or hear! However, I understand that newcomers to the country can access free language lessons; certainly had I stayed longer than two weeks I would also have tried to learn this most interesting of languages:flowers:

She has previously said she speaks French to the children, while Joachim speaks Danish.
I hope they do. Giving the children he gift of being bi-lingual is of such an advantage to them.

Lol the camouflage jacket is back lol
Oh Joachim
We haven't seen much of these two in a while but it's nice that they came out for the party with these pictures ☺

Princess Marie looked great. I love the little wings. :D

Of course you should learn the language(s) of the country; bravo to both Marie and Mary for learning Danish! As a visitor to Denmark this summer, I can speak to the difficulties of pronunciation alluded to by Princess Marie; the written language is NOTHING like what you say or hear! However, I understand that newcomers to the country can access free language lessons; certainly had I stayed longer than two weeks I would also have tried to learn this most interesting of languages:flowers:

Not too big a cultural shock I hope. :shock:

When you don't understand the natives here in DK, you just repeat what you say over and over again - and louder - eventually we'll get it. :graduate:
You can also resort to illustrating what you mean. Say a roast duck: Just begin by flapping you arms and say "Quack" (DK ducks say "rap" though.) We natives really appreciate such attempts of communication from foreigners. :)

And yes, foreigners who get residence or work permit, or asylum are given free classes in Danish, that naturally also deal with various aspects of the culture and practical information.
There are various courses from basic Danish for illiterates who have literally never been to school before and up in in varying degrees of advanced levels up to IIRC 9th grade school examination.

That was not the case for our Marie though. She got her own language teachers just like Mary.

Last edited:
He has a very personal way of dressing that prince of yours. He's very much his mothers son when it comes to clothes ;)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It's not just from his mother, his father has a colourful way of dressing as well. But this was a fancy dress party, so I don't mind the comouflage jacket.

The DRF is more than well covered this week in BB!

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #39, 2015.
Written by Hanne Rask..
As you know Joachim and our Marie attended Caroline Fleming's 40th birthday party at her home, Valdemars Slot. The theme was fairy tales.
Among the 180 guests was also Mary, but she remained inside and was not photographed. (Well, seems like she was. See post above by Duke of Marmalade).
Mary, Joachim and Marie arrived early Saturday evening for the second day of partying.
The day before 120 guests had been present for the first party, the theme being Swedish midsummer.
In fact the birthday girl only got a couple of hours sleep from the dancing the night before, then she was on her feet getting ready to the party Saturday.
Even though the theme was fairy tales, far from all the gentlemen has dressed up as gallant knights.

The last guest arrived at 21.00 just in time for the dinner and then it was partytime until dawn! The guests stayed for a brunch before going home.

The guest list includes a number of names that may now be familiar to you:
Christian and Mette Ahlefeldt-Laurvig.
Bendt Wedell with his wife, Pernille and his twin sister, Christiane.
Niels and Molise Iuel-Brockdorff.
Julie Brandt with her Thomas Dam.
Louise Fleming with her Nikolaj Albinus.
Michael and Caroline Ahlefeldt Laurvig.
Nina Wedell-Wedellsborg and her Peter Aandahl.
The former US ambassador to DK, James P. Cain.
- And a number of people from the Copenhagener jetset.

Pictures will follow later, including a picture of Marie's back complete with wings.

Caroline Fleming's dress was by Mark Tan, complete with dragonflies and butterflies on the dress.

Last edited:
That looks like a great party! The decorations are beautiful. Is that Fred as well?

Now for something novel: Kongehuset i krig med ugeblad: Marie har IKKE fået lavet nye bryster i Litauen - Danmark | www.bt.dk

The DRF has denied a story brought recently by the gossip magazine Her & Nu.
A couple of weeks ago the magazine brought a story about Marie having had a breast-enlarging operation in Lithuania.

Among the things to be read were: "There is more of Marie. The 39 year old Princess has been under the the plastic surgeon's knife in order to get larger breasts".

And very unusual the court has gone out a publicly denied that story and also directed the magazine Her & Nu to print a correction in the magazine. That correction is brought in the magazine that hits the streets tomorrow.

At the same time the court has send this press release to the various magazines and papers in DK. That is also very unusual:
Her & Nu brought in issue #40 dated 30. Septemver 2015 a frontpage and an article inside the magazine on pages 4 and 5 with the headline: "Marie under the knife in Lithuania: New breasts". The informations in the headline were untrue.

This correction is to be read on page 3 in this weeks Her & Nu.

- Her & Nu is owned by Aller, who also owns Se & Hør. And the trial regarding the illegal methods used by that magazine should start later this year.

ADDED.

Ekstra Bladet has more details including what appears to be Her & Nu's correction: http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/ups-ugeblad-beklager-historie-om-maries-bryster/5778843

Her & Nu originally wrote: There is more of Marie. The 39 year old Princess has been under the plastic surgeon's knife in order to have bigger breasts. The upgrade took place on a Saturday in June last year, where Princess Marie checked in at the clinic Luxury Surgery in the Lithianian city of Kaunas.
- The purpose was also to replace two old 400 ml implants made some years ago in France.

Now Her & Nu writes:
In the article we wrote that Princess Marie on a Saturday in June last year, visited a clinic in the city of Kaunas in Lithuania where the Princess was "under the plastic surgeon's knife in order to get bigger breasts". That information was untrue.
We also wrote in the article that the purpose of the implants was to replace old implants with new ones, that it was two implants and that the Princess left the clinic the same day as the procedure was made. That information is also untrue.

The court has told Her & Nu that Marie has never visited the clinic in question and that she has never been to Lithuania.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom