General News about Joachim, Marie and Family Part 4: July 2014 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the 10th wedding anniversary of Prince Joachim and Princess Marie's wedding pass by without new pictures? Or did I miss them?
No new pics. The 10th wedding anniversary is no big celebration in Denmark. The big anniversaries are 12,5 years , 25 years , and 50 years.

Happy birthday to Prince Joachim!

(Princess Marie looks lovely. That dress is gorgeous!)

The accompanying text doesn't state that it is for his 49th birthday although it surely was no accident that these pictures were released today. However, my theory is that these are belated pictures (probably because to not distract attention from Frederik's 50th birthday celebration) for their 10th wedding anniversary on May 24. They are even holding hands on their joint picture!

The accompanying text doesn't state that it is for his 49th birthday although it surely was no accident that these pictures were released today. However, my theory is that these are belated pictures (probably because to not distract attention from Frederik's 50th birthday celebration) for their 10th wedding anniversary on May 24. They are even holding hands on their joint picture!
The text on the Royal Instagram is different and clearly states that the pictures were taken because of his birthday.

They both look great in the new photos! I love Marie's earrings and ring - are they new?

And I didn't realise that there is only a 12 months age difference between Frederik and Joachim! No wonder they are close!

what a nice surprise, I was not expecting official photos for his 49th birthday.

Yes, it's a really lovely surprise. Even though it's meant to be Joachim's celebrations, I have to say, my favourite is the solo photo of Marie; she looks absolutely gorgeous. The DRF really do know how to dress like the fairy-tale like princesses we all imagined as young children (rather cliche, but true!) when there's a special occasion.

Looks like the pictures were taken at the new year gala this year.

:previous: :daneflag::franceflag:
Wonder of they fell asleep during the match?

And Athena can't whistle for while... :lol:

Thanks, Eya. It's not that evident from the photos what the phenomenon Black Sun is.

It's when tens of thousands of starlings flock and fly around in intricate patterns with the setting sun as background. It's something we often see around where we live as well. And no matter how often you see it, it's still fascinating.
Don't know what it's called in your countries, but here in DK it's called "black sun" and the expression is I don't know how old!

These photos are from the marsh close to Tønder as well:
https://static.dgda.dk/media/3594/sort-sol-8.jpg
https://hotelhojer.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/marksen-52-1140x760.jpg
https://hotelhojer.dk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/marksen-60-1140x760.jpg
https://ballumcamping.eu/onewebmedi...Park Vadehavet/Sort Sol/Torben Andersen 2.jpg
http://fotojens.com/sortsol/Kopi_af__DSC9321.JPG
https://www.dn.dk/media/32195/sort-sol_2500.jpg

Thank you very much Muhler!!

Beauty!! And after that yes its not clear from the pictures of Princess Marie what Black Sun is!

Fratrædelser
Resignations
Prince Joachim's private secretary (since 2015) as well as Princess Marie's private secretary and lady-in-waiting (since 8 years) both resign at the end of October.

Hear , hear ...

Sorry?

It will be interesting to see who our Marie's new LiW will be. And of course a LiW doesn't necessarily have to be a woman I suppose, even though that may be more practical at some visits abroad.

As for Joachim's private secretary. I understand that is a job for officers nearing the retirement age. So I guess he has retired as well.
It's not a hugely demanding job, I imagine, but enough to keep one person occupied - at least part time.

ADDED: From BB: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...-og-maries-naermeste-medarbejdere-har-sagt-op

Last edited:
i guess it is normal for both to want to move on to other challenges after several years serving joachim and marie. it doesn't sound to me like there has been any drama regarding their resignation - as the press release says, it is just coincidence, and they both had to make a choice regarding what was important to them going forward. i believe mary's LIWs also moved on to other activities after some years as LIW. Victoria, caroline and tanya all went back to other activities if i am not mistaken. tanya took a position in industry after being LIW, and caroline stayed in the royal team in the Mary Foundation's Board. i guess victoria took a well deserved retirement after leaving mary.

it will be interesting hearing who will replace them.

those pictures are stunning :flowers:

Last edited:
Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:
I was just about to write a summary about that article.

You are absolutely right, Carlota. ?

It's nothing new that certain segments of the press is in the habit of hinting that whenever a close staff member resigns it could very well be founded in "personal differences."
Especially in regards to J&M and M&F.

But as you say it is a mere coincidence that both are resigning now.
Britt Siesbye has worked as a LiW for eight years now and you can hardly blame an intelligent, well educated woman in her prime for wishing to try something else.
As for the adjutant, he has a leading administrative job in a foundation and that conflicts with his schedule as adjutant for Joachim. - Especially as both jobs are ostensibly supposed to be retirement-jobs.

It will indeed be interesting who will replace them.

I am now going to make a wild suggestion for our Marie's new LiW.
If I bet on this the odds are so that I will be able to buy the Maybach Zeppelin 1932 that I dream about being driven around in, for Christmas. :D
Marie's next LiW will be (drumroll) Dennis Knudsen. - Her current stylist, hairdresser and close personal friend since she came to DK. He's a multi-millionaire in his own right and don't have to work full time, so he can function as a LiW, and being a hairdresser he will come in handy when on the job.
He is admittedly a man, but he is also 100 % gay, so there should be no, ahem, problems reputation wise there.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/billedbladet.dk/files/media/article/_mho0485.jpg
That would quite a sensation!
AFAIK no other royal has a male LiW, but why not?
The LGBT community will no doubt praise Marie to no end and it will be a very progressive move.

If I'm right I'll buy this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0W9rGLyk7...-34+Maybach+Zeppelin+DS8+4-door+Cabriolet.jpg
Isn't she beautiful? The car.
I'll have mine in black though.

Thanks, Eya.

École Militaire in Paris is a very prestigious military academy!

The pupils attending this exclusive course are usually destined for positions as senior strategists and top analysts or among the very top in general staffs.

It was President Macron, who during the visit to DK, invited Joachim to attend this course.

I'm in no doubt Joachim has the intelligence to follow and complete this course and it's only natural that he and his family should live in France for a year or so. It will also be of benefit to Henri and Athena to immerse them in another culture and language they are after all still only partially familiar with.
Joachim, being a Francophile shouldn't have that big problems adjusting.

This doesn't mean we won't see J&M for the next 18 months. Both are still committed to their public duties, Joachim no doubt less so than our Marie.

Last edited:
Well, this is some news!
No doubt they will enjoy their time in Paris. It will be interesting to see how they balance their royal "work" while living in another country.

An exciting adventure for Henrik and Athena :flowers:

Has Joachim attended the Royal Military College at Sandhurst? I get mixed up on who attends and who doesn’t.

Has Joachim attended the Royal Military College at Sandhurst? I get mixed up on who attends and who doesn’t.

He has not, no Danish royal has.

Is there a reason why Joachim is going at his age? I really don’t understand it be frank. I also find it an odd choice to leave their home and his mother on such a permanent basis.

He has not, no Danish royal has.

Is there a reason why Joachim is going at his age? I really don’t understand it be frank. I also find it an odd choice to leave their home and his mother on such a permanent basis.

It is admittedly a little late. About five years.
It's a course more attended by majors and lieutenant-colonels and Joachim is a full colonel.

Perhaps professional interest?
Perhaps it's actually useful?
Perhaps because Joachim is the only staff officer in a similar position who would truly benefit from the course? Joachim is fluent in French.
Perhaps Joachim wish to teach at the military academy here in DK, or wish to teach at the staff-officer course?
Perhaps he is evaluating the course, in order for other talented Danish staff officers to attend the french course?

Your guess is as good as mine.

This is interesting and a little perplexing, too. I'm sure there is a reason, but while any of Muhler's guesses could be right on the mark, the reason certainly isn't obvious at first stare. Hopefully it will become clearer with time.

Or perhaps not. We need a shrug emoji......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom