Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wow, Christian does look a lot like a young Constantine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a really strong resemblance! Christian and Constantine aren't genetically related, though, are they??

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^
Well they would both be descendents of Queen Victoria of GB and of King Christian IX of Denmark.

She does look like Joachim as a baby. I'd love to see pictures of Marie as a child.

I always think Isabella looked like the splitting images of her father as younger, but she looks more and more like her mother as she gets older.
Same heart-shaped face, same mouth and smile, same radiance. She becomes a very beautiful young woman.
She is a very good mix of her parents.

Vincent does look like Felix ;) But I see so much Frederik in him. Vincent also has some similarities with Isabella (the smile, the lips, the gaze of the eyes).

Josephine is a little woman, and I agree that she is the boss of the family ahah :D She always looked like Mary to me, but even though I think Christian has Mary's facial features, Josephine doesn't look like her brother at all. Moreover, Josephine is the only one in the family with full lips. I wonder where she got them from, perhaps, Queen Margrethe?

Last edited:
Josephine is all CP Mary-down to the chin!

CP Frederik looks devastatingly handsome in that photo of him smiling!

Josephine really is Mary, except for the lips. Josephine has gorgeous full lips, while all of her siblings have thin lips.

:previous: There is no doubt Josephine is a Donaldson and her face shape and smile is all Mary. Interestingly no one here at TRF has mentioned granddad ‘morfar’ John Donaldson looking at Vincent in the new photos. So many on the Danish social media mentioned they think Vincent resembles his grandfather John. Those eyes and that smile.
But all in all, all kids most look like themselves, don't they? :D

Last edited:
Well, I dunno.

But that there will from time to time be some genetic similarities is hardly that surprising I supposed. Isabella and Märthe-Louise after all belongs to the same extended family.

I always see an Obvious resemblance between IA and Isabella. Genetics are fascinating and always a surprise:)

Princess Josephine strongly resembles her mother and the Donaldson's.

Last edited:
:previous: There is no doubt Josephine is a Donaldson and her face shape and smile is all Mary. Interestingly no one here at TRF has mentioned granddad ‘morfar’ John Donaldson looking at Vincent in the new photos. So many on the Danish social media mentioned they think Vincent resembles his grandfather John. Those eyes and that smile.
But all in all, all kids most look like themselves, don't they? :D

I think perhaps if we were to see some photos of John Donaldson as a young man before the beard etc, it might make it easier to compare Vincent with him.

She is quite like her Dad but I still think she has a strong resemblance to Mary when she was younger!

She is quite like her Dad but I still think she has a strong resemblance to Mary when she was younger!

I couldn't say. I suck at telling physical resemblances.
I was more the hands in her pockets that caught my eyes.

I think Josephine is all CP Mary.

I cannot spot any specific resemblance so far. I think the danish CP children (with the exception of Isabella, who always looked like her father) are the ones that resemble their parents the least comparing to the dutch, belgian, norwegian or spanish royal children/ teens.

Agree - out of all the children, Josephine has the strongest resemblance to CP Mary. Isabella is her father, Christian is a mix, and Vincent looks like the late- Prince Henriks side of the family.

To me, Christian is the one who's a dead ringer for Mary the way Isabella is for Frederik. Looking at pictures of Mary when she was in her early twenties, the similarity is especially striking. Vincent looks a lot like Mary's father – only with lighter features. And Josephine is the real mix for me. I see a lot of both Mary and QMII in her.

Eml

To me, Christian is the one who's a dead ringer for Mary the way Isabella is for Frederik. Looking at pictures of Mary when she was in her early twenties, the similarity is especially striking. Vincent looks a lot like Mary's father – only with lighter features. And Josephine is the real mix for me. I see a lot of both Mary and QMII in her.

There is a photograph of Mary, in her new portrait book, sitting on the steps at Grasten and you surely see Isabella in replica!

I think Isabella is a lot like Mary. I see a lot of similarities between Frederik and Christian (but I also see similarities with Mary). Vincent looks a lot like Mary's father.
Josephine is that I still don't quite understand, but I think she is similar to Mary.

Back
Top Bottom