Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out the good news. So happy for both of them. Looking forward to the
interview and of course the wedding. This spring is going to be wonderful. With a new baby for William and Catherine and NOW A ROYAL WEDDING Bring on 2018

I congratulate them and wish them luck I still think that he rush this too soon hopefully it will last and not turn out to be a Andrew and Sarah knowing someone for a year is just not really that much time to fully see if that person is the one but all the best to them ✌️

Just forgot to add: it was quick but I think the age of both of them was a determining factor.
P.S. love all the bitterness coming from the haters.... let them steam off for a bit!

Last edited:
Congratulations to them both!

This must the first time a senior member of the royal family marries a foreigner since Prince George and Princess Marina in 1934, right?

Depends on how you define senior royal (apart from the queen and her husband). The current duchess of Gloucester was born Danish and princess Michael of Kent is also foreign-born. Other non-British royal family members (although not senior royals) include the Maori Gary Lewis and Canadian Autumn Phillips, so there are quite a few non-Brits in the family (most likely more than in the average British family). And of course the duke of Windsor (and former king) married his American wife in 1937.

All in all, I would say it is not that exceptional that Harry marries a foreigner.
* Of the 5 children of king George V that got married, 2 married foreigners.
* Of the 2 children of king George VI 1 married a foreigner.
* Of the 4 children of queen Elizabeth II none married a foreigner.
* Of the 2 children of the prince of Wales 1 will marry a foreigner.
Elizabeth's children are the exception :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Me too, Marty, especially on Tumblr. Let them stew in their own juices!

Over the moon for the couple and wish them every happiness.

Hey Everyone!!

I know I owe an Invictus Toronto report, but this Fall's been crazy & that's an understatement!! My Brother in Law's cancer's back & Stem Cell Transplant #2 happens in a couple weeks. Then the night I got back as far as my Sister's from the Invictus Games, Dad ended up in the Hospital & he really hasn't bounced back like in the past.

So....Yeah...It's been insane of late & I've been hoping all the buzz was true around Harry & Meghan this week because I really needed something to be happy about & lo & behold!!! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

So happy & thrilled for them & what a Royal Spring 2018's going to be!! For those, like me, in EST...The Photocall's happening 9 AM. I've already got it on BBC World in the Rec Room ready to go. [emoji4]. Can not wait to see the Ring!!

Technically yes, he had to change his citizenship!

He thought so at the time, but a ruling later on (in relation to Prince Ernst August of Hanover) found that all descendants of Sophia of Hanover born before 1948 were British subjects from birth.

Last edited:
That the couple became engaged earlier this month does not amaze me . I am only amazed that they managed to keep it quiet for so long , given the intense press and social media speculation. IMO I think they would have liked to have kept it quiet for a bit longer, but Number 10 almost let the "cat out of the bag" at the week-end.

This may have led to the non-traditional announcement, that is not 11.00 hours , with the press assembled and Meghan able to show her ring.
:sad::sad::sad:

That the couple became engaged earlier this month does not amaze me . I am only amazed that they managed to keep it quiet for so long , given the intense press and social media speculation. IMO I think they would have liked to have kept it quiet for a bit longer, but Number 10 almost let the "cat out of the bag" at the week-end.

This may have led to the non-traditional announcement, that is not 11.00 hours , with the press assembled and Meghan able to show her ring.
:sad::sad::sad:

I live in Germany and the announcement was made when our clocks have shown 11:00. :flowers: ?

Very sweet. Much more heartfelt then their playful statements for W&C "They've been practicing long enough. Makes me feel old." and "It's brilliant. It's wicked".

They've grown softer with age. :lol:

i’m no expert but I think evidence show the prince of Wales has always been a soft hearted man.

Very sweet. Much more heartfelt then their playful statements for W&C "They've been practicing long enough. Makes me feel old." and "It's brilliant. It's wicked".

They've grown softer with age. :lol:

I don’t think it’s that they’ve grown soft with age. Rather Will and Kate were together for so long that most of the family was probably just waiting for them to get on with it. :lol:

Just put on the morning coffee and thought I'd check out the latest here and BOOM!

So very happy for them----and for us ;) love this exciting news.

The photo call is in less than an hour, no one wants to guess what dress she will wear? Designer? Color? The ring? Who will do the interview set to air later today?

Well..we know she's a fan of Erdem so I'm going with them for today. Color...grey or navy.

The ring I am hoping it's one of the family rings re-done or stones used from the family to create a new setting. Since I've never seen her wear stones I'm going with diamonds but fully expect to be wrong! lol

I think they announced who's doing the interview didn't they? Maybe not?

LaRae

I congratulate them and wish them luck I still think that he rush this too soon hopefully it will last and not turn out to be a Andrew and Sarah knowing someone for a year is just not really that much time to fully see if that person is the one but all the best to them ✌️

Harry and Meghan have been dating for at least 18 months. And I think they both knew they were serious early on in the relationship. They are both in their 30s and have had other long term relationships.

Harry and Meghan have been dating for at least 18 months. And I think they both knew they were serious early on in the relationship. They are both in their 30s and have had other long term relationships.

18? According to Meghan they met July 2016, which is 16 months ago.

The ring ? Well I am hoping for something a little unusual like a Tanzanite or Fire opal.

The ring ? Well I am hoping for something a little unusual like a Tanzanite or Fire opal.

Personally I'd love to see that big Aquamarine stone Diana wore used as an engagement ring. But most here felt it wasn't valuable enough to be an engagement ring. Personally if a girl likes it the value doesn't matter but that's just my view.

LaRae

Article from BBC with all details:
Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle next year - BBC News
The engaged couple will appear for photographs outside Kensington Palace on Monday afternoon, and will take part in a broadcast interview in the evening.

Richard Palmer‏ @Royalreporter
Labour Party activists booed journalists who asked opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn for his reaction to today's royal wedding announcement but he sent his hearty congratulations to the couple.

Just seeing the news, and I am so excited and elated for both Meghan and Harry! I can't wait to see the press conference here in just a few minutes in the States....hopefully, Sky news will carry it.

Personally I'd love to see that big Aquamarine stone Diana wore used as an engagement ring. But most here felt it wasn't valuable enough to be an engagement ring. Personally if a girl likes it the value doesn't matter but that's just my view.

LaRae

I thought that ring is/was a great choice, at least for Meghan or Chelsy. Imo, it would of been too bulky for the dainty Cressida.

LaRae

Another fan here for the aquamarine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom