Edinburgh Family Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the one where you see The Queen in her car and Prince Edward and Sophie besides the car talking to the Queen. It seems so natural.

Do you know if the Countess of Wessex has the title of Princess Sophie?

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, Sophie is named the Countess of Wessex and is not a princess in her own right; she's Princess Edward and that's why I think she prefers the Countess title:rolleyes: ;)
If I'm not right please correct me:eek: :)

1. (EPA)
2. Brunei in 2000 - Getty Images

photoepa5mj.jpg
2000brunei8qo.jpg

Lovely dress she is wearing on your last pics, Laviollette. I think I've posted that pic on the bridge without any watermarks in the portraits-thread some months ago :)
Here are a couple of pics of their first holidays together in 1994:

s123p0.jpg
s1242v.jpg
s1245l.jpg
s1249v.jpg
s124cw.jpg
s124h2.jpg

(HOLA, FIS, das neue, NW)

1. Ananova Ltd; Christophe Stache/AP
2. Tim Graham/Getty Images

ananovaltd6zs.png
christophestacheap0as.png
521089791lb.jpg

Two very lovely portraits I like very much. They were taken for their first wedding anniversary in 2000:

s2gxls.jpg
s2gxuu.jpg

(HELLO)

iceflower said:
Two very lovely portraits I like very much. They were taken for their first wedding anniversary in 2000:
The second, "informal" pic is a lovely portrait of the couple. Thank you iceflower. :)

You're so welcome, Warren :)

Here are some pics from 2003, Sophie looks stunning on that second pic, doesn't she? :)

s5lf2e.jpg
s5lflt.jpg
s5lhlj.jpg
s5lhs7.jpg

(Hello, Point de Vue)

And some pics from 2001, I like the one with that sweet little girl very much :)

s5li86.jpg
s5lieg.jpg
s5lijt.jpg
s5limg.jpg

(HELLO, Point de Vue)

Sophie & Edward w/Princess Anne and her husband; Sophie w/Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
(getty images)

sophieedwardanne6jo.jpg
sophieprincephilip4bc.jpg

1. pic from fortunecity.com
2.Tim Graham/getty images

fortunecity3ce.jpg
sophieedward29il.jpg
sophieedward39gp.jpg

Sophie w/Princess Martha Louise of Norway & CP Victoria of Sweden in Norway for Haakon-MM wedding, 2001

sophiemlvic7bl.jpg

(getty images)

Sophie in January 1999; Edward & Sophie in 2003; Pregnant Sophie in 2003; in Norway for 2002 wedding of Princess Martha Louise

jan3dj.jpg
pregnant38fb.jpg
pregnant2wt.jpg
15448591lm.jpg

Tim Graham/getty images

iceflower said:
This is one of the best pictures of the two I've seen. They are so relaxed and comfortable it appears.
Laviollette said:
Sophie w/Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Looking at this picture, I wonder if Prince Philip has found a friend in this daughter-in-law? I know a lot of people don't care for the Prince, but keeping him in perspective, he is very much a victim of his own role in life and his upbringing and expectations.

Thanks for all the photos. I don't recall seeing that one of the Countess at Princess ML's wedding. She looks beautiful in that bright and vibrant red.

I think so as well, HRH Kimetha :)

Here are some pics from 2000:

sgtp2u.jpg
sgtond.jpg
sgtp5c.jpg
sgtp9u.jpg

(HOLA)

And some more also from 2000 :)

sgtpjs.jpg
sgtpqs.jpg
sgtpvk.jpg

(HELLO; PdV)

You're welcome Romy :)

Can anyone tell me if this pic has been posted before?

sm62dc.jpg

(HELLO)

Last edited:
iceflower said:
Prince Edward & dog pic. Has this been posted before?
I haven't seen this posted, but this is the picture that I remember reading about where he was criticized for his attire in that it was poorly picked and that his sock color and clothing was mismatched. And, accordingly, the photographer had him in the leaves to disquise that fact that his sock color mismatched his shoe color for whatever it means to anyone.

LOL Thank you for sharing that, HRH Kimetha. I think that criticism has been exaggerated and he does look quite good on that pic no matter what colour his socks have..;)

Three pics from 1999 and a very nice one from 2001:

suw0gw.jpg
suwmis.jpg
suwoav.jpg
suwokl.jpg

(FIS, PdV)

nice pictures from edward en sophie we don't them very often.

I think she looks better with longer hair. It frames her face more and softens the overall look.

One pic from 1994 with a dress that has been discussed a lot ;) and two pics from 1999: Sophie and Edward attending the wedding of Catrina Keeper.

t00wn8.jpg
t00wph.jpg
t00ykp.jpg

(da, OHLA)

iceflower said:
Sophie and Edward attending the wedding of Catrina Keeper.(da, OHLA)

Good gracious!! How tall are the bride and groom, anyway? Sophie and Edward aren't tiny by any means, but they look like Lilliputians next to the wedding couple.

LOL Chris, I also noticed that, maybe Catrina wore very high heels that day ;)

Two pics from the interview Sophie and Edward gave shortly before their wedding in 1999:

t6vtz7.jpg
t6vuoy.jpg

(BUNTE, FIS)

I sometimes have to really look because Sophie and Diana do look alike.

Back
Top Bottom