Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 6: March-June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gloria said:
Here are more photos. I think there were taken on the easter.

Sophie looks lovely!

not bring her daughter on Easter day?

Sara Boyce

She's really lovely.But it's a pity that Getty and Corbis,the two images agency that i like,do not have pics of Sophie at this Easter.
I do not see any pics of Louise,Sara.

But i think in the future,they will update these photos.Because i saw there are some Royal events photos,both Getty and Corbis did not have before but now they have updated lots of photos.

thank you very much. unfortunately I didn´t stop the car and took a closer look...

Did really you write the article?

Yes, I wrote the above article, and edited the other article from the Bourmouth library. I do research from a lot of source and then combine them for my site, House Wessex. The articles are from special article section which talks about the work and events, Edward and Sophie attend during the month. And a whole range of other things about or related to the Wessex's. Look in the archive.;)

http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/ceg_20020/docs2/spec.htm

House Wessex: http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/ceg_20020/

Last edited:
So according to these websites,this June Edward and Sophie will visit Canada.I think it would be the official visit.

So their next engagements,we would see them at the Wedding of HRH prince Charles of Wales and Mrs Camilla.

Yes, at the moment, Buckingham Palace usually updated engagements weekly, so it might still change.

The tour to Canada is an official one, and it comes on the heels of an visit by the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh, which is really odd. Although the Canadian press have already released details of the tour, it has yet to be confirmed by Buckingham palace.

More Golden Odies of Edward and Sophie

I 've been recently deleting photos, here are some rare ones of Edward and Sophie I found.

Attachments

• 51395769.jpg
    51395769.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 51530026.jpg
    51530026.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 276
  • AADS001787.jpg
    AADS001787.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 331
  • AADS001789.jpg
    AADS001789.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 280
  • AADS003596.jpg
    AADS003596.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 269
  • AADS003603.jpg
    AADS003603.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 0000326996-007.jpg
    0000326996-007.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 291
  • AADS003619.jpg
    AADS003619.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 321
  • AADS003623.jpg
    AADS003623.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 254
  • AADS003632.jpg
    AADS003632.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 247
Here are the last, They appear to be only edward, must have posted the Sophie ones already

Attachments

• AADS003634.jpg
    AADS003634.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 253
  • HU007318.jpg
    HU007318.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 333
Old Photo, just published in the London SE1 magazine.

Attachments

• 040621_countessofwessex2.jpg
    040621_countessofwessex2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 317
Edward and Sophie at the wedding

Here two photos of Edward and Sophie at the royal wedding. Edward wore the same morning suit that he wore to his own wedding in 1999. Sophie wore a cream jacket with a poka dot skirt and a grey hart decorated with quills. I was a bit disappointed. I really don't know what to make about the hat.:D

I took the last three photos from the Royal Wedding forum (I think that were posted by Alexanderia, thank you):)

Attachments

• r1929627171.jpg
    r1929627171.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 52607202.jpg
    52607202.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 52608048der.jpg
    52608048der.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 52608283.jpg
    52608283.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 52608519.jpg
    52608519.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 282
  • sophie-a.jpg
    sophie-a.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 344
  • sophie-b.jpg
    sophie-b.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 259
  • sophie-c.jpg
    sophie-c.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Here are some more photos of Edward and Sophie at the wedding ceremonies.

Attachments

• 4765575.jpg
    4765575.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,000
  • 4765602.jpg
    4765602.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 4765617.jpg
    4765617.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 993
  • 4765700.jpg
    4765700.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 519155a.jpg
    519155a.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 519160x.jpg
    519160x.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 519161an.jpg
    519161an.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 996
  • 519161by.jpg
    519161by.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 987
  • 519179d.jpg
    519179d.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,013
  • 52608061.jpg
    52608061.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 268
I liked her skirt but she had better outfits before, her taste with hats is curious anyway, I think she likes those which make her taller because of her height in contrast to Edwards.

But what I really noticed- again- throughout the broadcast (because there was a long close-up of her once) is how pretty her face is. Sophie has become so feminine it's astounding. And she also looks so much better in live pictures than in photos.

What striked me as strange was that she didn't walk together with Edward to the church but a good bit behind his "walking-group" with a different group. They entered the curch together though so he had to wait a few minutes for her.

Yes,I also realized that she was never at the side of Edward.Has this a reason?

I really like her hats at Prince Charles's wedding but and her skirts looks so lovely but who makes her hats?

Sara Boyce

I think it could have been by Philip Treacy who also did Camilla´s two hats. It´s just a possibility but the style was absolutely Philip Treacy.

What was with Sophie's hat at the wedding? Her outfit was nice enough (a bit underdressed I thought for a wedding though), and while the hat matched, the top of it was misshapened, like it had a big dent in it. She usually has such nice hats, like for Ascot.

Today,The Countess of Wessex as Patron of John Grooms will attend a Dinner at St Jame's Palace.

[What striked me as strange was that she didn't walk together with Edward to the church but a good bit behind his "walking-group" with a different group. They entered the curch together though so he had to wait a few minutes for her.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. Only because the commentator first identified someone else as Sophie, and I thought she had changed outfits.;)
She walked to the church with Katherine Kent and the European royals, I don' t think we should read anything into it.
Prince Andrew certainly looked perplexed in the church when he couldn't find Edward and Sophie, and Anne and Tim kept motioning towards the back. I thought it was pretty funny.:D

Yeah I also loved it Claire. I think Andrew must have said something to Sophie because she laughed at him as she took her place.

I also think that we shouldn't read something into that walking matter, I just thought it was funny that Edward and Andrew had to wait for her in the church to take their places.

Yesterday Prince Edward attended a Ceremony at the Luxembourg Embassy to mark the 60th Anniversary of the return rom exile of Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg on 13th April 1945.Any pics of that?

sara1981 said:
I really like her hats at Prince Charles's wedding but and her skirts looks so lovely but who makes her hats?

Sara Boyce
I agree. I think she has a good taste in hats - very original.

Prince Edward coming to Canada

SAINT JOHN, N.B. (CP) - Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, is coming to Canada in June for an week-long visit that includes stops in every Atlantic province and Ontario.

The unofficial visit for the Queen's youngest son will include several ceremonies where the prince will present the Duke of Edinburgh Award to scores of young Canadians. Edward, 41, was last in Canada in 2003, when he visited Ontario and Saskatchewan.

The general outline of his itinerary was released Wednesday by Rick Ashby, executive director for the awards in Canada.

The Duke of Edinburgh Award recognizes youth between the ages 14 and 25 who set and achieve goals in personal skills, community service, fitness and wilderness expeditions.

Ashby confirmed the prince will present awards in St. John's, Nfld., on June 1, then travel to Charlottetown and Saint John, N.B., for more presentations June 2.

On June 3, he travels to Tatamagouche, N.S., where he will meet with some award winners at a summer camp. Edward's trip moves to Ontario later that day.

Award ceremonies are planned in Peterborough, Ont., and Kitchener-Waterloo, Ont., but the prince will also spend some vacation time in Ontario at an undisclosed location before leaving June 8.

It was unclear whether his wife, Sophie Rhys-Jones, would be joining him.

The Duke of Edinburgh program was started by Edward's father, Prince Philip, in 1956.

The Canadian version of the program was started in Saint John in 1963. Since then, it has spread to the rest of the country.

The program now involves some 500,000 teenagers and young men and women from around the world.

Prince Edward received his own Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award in 1986 after completing a four-day trek though the British wilderness.

As patron of the program in New Brunswick, New Brunswick Lt.-Gov. Hermenegile Chiasson said he was thrilled to learn Edward was coming to Saint John.

"I know the Duke of Edinburgh Awards to be a good program - one that develops leadership skills, a sense of belonging and the responsibilities of adulthood in the young people who take up the challenge," he said.

The awards ceremony in Saint John will recognize 93 people from New Brunswick and seven from Nova Scotia.

Qualifying for the Gold Level can take several years.

"They deserve the applause, the appreciation and respect of their schools, their communities and their families," Chiasson said.

Elizabeth Thurber, executive director of the New Brunswick program, said there are about 1,200 people currently involved in the province.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2005/04/13/995589-cp.html

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Prince Edward coming to Canada

SAINT JOHN, N.B. (CP) - Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, is coming to Canada in June for an week-long visit that includes stops in every Atlantic province and Ontario.

The unofficial visit for the Queen's youngest son will include several ceremonies where the prince will present the Duke of Edinburgh Award to scores of young Canadians. Edward, 41, was last in Canada in 2003, when he visited Ontario and Saskatchewan.

The general outline of his itinerary was released Wednesday by Rick Ashby, executive director for the awards in Canada.

The Duke of Edinburgh Award recognizes youth between the ages 14 and 25 who set and achieve goals in personal skills, community service, fitness and wilderness expeditions.

Ashby confirmed the prince will present awards in St. John's, Nfld., on June 1, then travel to Charlottetown and Saint John, N.B., for more presentations June 2.

On June 3, he travels to Tatamagouche, N.S., where he will meet with some award winners at a summer camp. Edward's trip moves to Ontario later that day.

Award ceremonies are planned in Peterborough, Ont., and Kitchener-Waterloo, Ont., but the prince will also spend some vacation time in Ontario at an undisclosed location before leaving June 8.

It was unclear whether his wife, Sophie Rhys-Jones, would be joining him.

The Duke of Edinburgh program was started by Edward's father, Prince Philip, in 1956.

The Canadian version of the program was started in Saint John in 1963. Since then, it has spread to the rest of the country.

The program now involves some 500,000 teenagers and young men and women from around the world.

Prince Edward received his own Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award in 1986 after completing a four-day trek though the British wilderness.

As patron of the program in New Brunswick, New Brunswick Lt.-Gov. Hermenegile Chiasson said he was thrilled to learn Edward was coming to Saint John.

"I know the Duke of Edinburgh Awards to be a good program - one that develops leadership skills, a sense of belonging and the responsibilities of adulthood in the young people who take up the challenge," he said.

The awards ceremony in Saint John will recognize 93 people from New Brunswick and seven from Nova Scotia.

Qualifying for the Gold Level can take several years.

"They deserve the applause, the appreciation and respect of their schools, their communities and their families," Chiasson said.

Elizabeth Thurber, executive director of the New Brunswick program, said there are about 1,200 people currently involved in the province.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2005/04/13/995589-cp.html

thanks for info!

no Sophie go with him? and also Lady Louise will go?

Sara Boyce

The Countess of Wessex is indeed coming to Canada with the Earl of Wessex. I am attending a reception in their honour in Toronto on June 7. :)

bweir said:
The Countess of Wessex is indeed coming to Canada with the Earl of Wessex. I am attending a reception in their honour in Toronto on June 7. :)

how exciting for you!
And its nice to know that Sophie's coming with him. As I recall, she didnt accompany Edward when came to Canada in 2003. Though she was here a couple of years before that. Cant remember the exact year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom