Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I agree, Lumutqueen. IMHO there were at least 2 queens (Silvia & Sofia) and at least 2 crown princesses (Mette-Marit and Mathilde) who outshined both of these women. But what do I know? Although I thought Mabel was completely inappropriate and the worst dressed (like MANY others), I actually didn't think Laurentien looked that bad...and so many people slammed her. I thought it was one of her better efforts. In addition, while neither Rania or Mary looked bad IMO, neither of them were exceptional.

I don't know if they only focused on the younger royals, I didn't see the poll myself.
I agree that Mabel was the worst, Laurentien wasn't that bad I loved the colours in the dress, my only concern was the fact that it wasn't floor length.

I loved Mary's dress, it was my favourite and Silvia was my second. Rania should have been second to last.

Princess Victoria Wedding Cake Information

If you go to the Swedish Association Of Bakers And Confectioners website, you find all the details on the wedding cake and huge photos. It is in both English and Swedish language.

If you go to the Swedish Association Of Bakers And Confectioners website, you find all the details on the wedding cake and huge photos. It is in both English and Swedish language.

Beautiful photos. The cake seems so plain when seen from a distance, but seeing the high res photos you realize how much detail is in it and how much work it took to put together. A lovely work of culinary art.

Victoria's wedding dress looked OK but perhaps a few beads and sequins here and there would add a little sparkle.

Yes, the cake looks spectacular, and a lovely piece of culinary art indeed!

Do you think an official book will be released soon??

And do you think it will be available both in swedish and english??

Why does the picture of the piece of cake not look like it came from the whole cake? The outside doesn't look smooth and there is a chocolate circle on it. (I'm guessing it's chocolate.)

Now that my appetite is thoroughly wetted by the photos and description of the cake, I'll have a piece, thank you very much!:)

Victoria's wedding dress looked OK but perhaps a few beads and sequins here and there would add a little sparkle.
I think Victoria's mega-watt smile would have totally eclipsed any tacky beads and sequins. It's a wedding dress, not a contender for a Latin American Dance contest. :whistling:

I think Victoria's mega-watt smile would have totally eclipsed any tacky beads and sequins. It's a wedding dress, not a contender for a Latin American Dance contest. :whistling:

I agree; her dress was elegant!!! It suited her perfectly and IMHO, one of the most beautiful wedding dresses. Her lace veil was beautiful as well ( it appears to be the one her mother wore as well).

Victoria's dress is now within the top 3 of my picks.:flowers:

The dress was fine, just overpriced for its look. Rania was, certainly, not the best dessed. She looked okay, except for her haor, which made her look like she overslept. The cake, too, was nice, but not spectacular.

you say:
"The dress was fine, just overpriced for its look"

Is there any information as to how much it cost?

The bridal gown, is IMHO, the most exquisite royal wedding gown of all -- utterly elegant, using yards and yards of the finest (and very expensive) duchess satin; cut, fitted and proportioned perfectly; simple yet so dramatic, allowing the exquisite lacing of the veil to shine through and the magnificent tiara to reign supreme. BUT, it was Crown Princess Victoria's sheer joy, happiness and radiance that made it look "perfect"!

I love the gown..I agree that its simplicity made it elegant and beautiful...the princess' smile put it all together....and a gown doesn't need to have all those bling for it to be beautiful...it suited the bride and it complemented her

I didn't like the dress, but it did suit Victoria very nicely, suited her personality too.

The dress was fine, just overpriced for its look. . . . . .
It is made of cream-coloured duchess silk satin, with short sleeves and a turned-out collar, which follows the rounded neckline. The dress has a v-shaped back with covered buttons. The sash at the waist is buttoned up at the back.
The train is edged with a border, fastened at the waist, and has the same shape as the veil. The train is almost five metres long.
The look is classic elegance rather than to more often seen frou frou merigue. To create such a fantastic gown is a challenge for the designer. The historic Cameo Tiara and Lace Veil were a given that he had to work around to create a gown fit for a future Queen. His brilliant result is a triumph of style and elegance.

I think Victoria looked just right - not over done and the gown suited her body type. Elegant!

I have to agree with the majority on Victoria's wedding gown. It is a fine line between simplicity (Victoria's wedding gown) and austere (Silvia's wedding gown). The contrast between the two even though wearing the same tiara and veil is quite stark.

Victoria's gown, tiara, and veil fulfilled their functions beautifully - NONE of them distracted from her radiant face that day. Even the cameo tiara, as intricate and detailed as it is, was an afterthought, albeit an impressive one.

I think the best part of the design of the gown is the back. I personally think Victoria has a beautiful back (even sexy :)) and sometimes her neck does not look as long as it really is (more so from the front I think because of her prominent chin).

The low V-shape in the back showed off both Victoria's lovely back and neck but at the same time her tan skin showed through and provided a backdrop for the veil so that the intricate work of the lace could be seen. Beautifully done from head to toe!

you say:
"The dress was fine, just overpriced for its look"

Is there any information as to how much it cost?

In some post, someone said $103,000 U.S. That is the only reason I said that. That is ridiculous for what she was wearing. She could have done much better in a store in the States for the price, if it is correct.

I read from the swedish papers, that 36 meters silk was used to the wedding dress and the silk costed about 20000 euros.

Daniel told to Aftonbladet that he particularly remembers a very special moment on their wedding day. He thought that it was absolutely fantastic when Victoria came into the church, and he saw how beautiful she was. The tears just came pouring out, Daniel told about the emotional moment.

Jörgen Elofsson, who composed the song "When you tell the world you´re mine", tells that he was very honoured when Daniel contacted him and asked him to make a song for the wedding. Daniel wanted to celebrate and reflect his love for Victoria. Elofsson chose Agnes Carlsson and Björn Skifs to sing it because they are an unexpected couple, just like Daniel and Victoria. Elofsson was at the church and tells that he was crying like everyone else, it was very emotional. He is glad that the song is a success at the charts.
– Jag fick i uppdrag av Daniel att skriva den | Musik | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet

While arriving to the castle, Daniel and Victoria with Olle and Ewa Westling
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge

Some photos:
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Olle Westling talking with Queen Paola, Ewa Westling talking to the president of Iceland
Scanpix Norge

One video from the balcony:
BT

There were many lovely moments, which I will always remember.
Here some photos during the day:
Leaving the church
Profimedia
Thanks for a good row trip at the Vasaorden
Profimedia
Profimedia
Singing the national anthem
Profimedia
The happy ones
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
With mother-in-law
Profimedia

Video of arriving to the church: The Westlings, The queen, Madeleine, Daniel, Carl Philip, the king and Victoria.
ExpressenTV

Video of the kiss at the stairs of the cathedral
ExpressenTV

Interview of Agnes Carlsson and Björn Skifs, who sang "When you tell the world you´re mine" at the church
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaeOe0psdwg&p=7892ABC463B3BDA5&playnext=1&index=96

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos on Count Carl Johan Bernadotte and wife Gunnila? Countess Dagmar von Arbin on photos? Countess Marianne Bernadotte and Madeleine Kogenivas? Madeleine is daughter at Prince Carl Bernadotte and Elsa von Rosen! Dagmar von arbin is oldest relatives at king Carl Gustaf.

In some post, someone said $103,000 U.S. That is the only reason I said that. That is ridiculous for what she was wearing. She could have done much better in a store in the States for the price, if it is correct.

I think the key phrase here is "if it is correct". Clearly the silk used will have been extremely expensive and of the highest quality. But why on earth would Victoria want to use such silk in a design based around something commonly found in a shopping mall, when it could be used by your favourite dress designer under your own ideas, sculptured around your own body in a mirrored room. Off-the-peg rubbish or regal simplicity?

:previous: My, my, my. You do have a way with words Jack. The mental image of Victoria clawing though off the rack, mostly synthetic or cheap satin, gowns for a dress worthy of the Heir to the Throne of Sweden really cracks me up. :ROFLMAO: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom