Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone has a closeup of the handbag? Looks like it was made in the same fabric and has a clear handle. I almost didn't see it. Not sure about the white shoes, but the dress is beautiful.

its great that she has finally re-used this dress as i recall the whole outfit was beautiful back then

I've been waiting a long time!
I remember wondering what the dress looked like at the time, and I'm so pleased I finally do. :flowers:

I love this dress, and its in my favorate color!!! She looks beautiful!!

I've been waiting a long time!
I remember wondering what the dress looked like at the time, and I'm so pleased I finally do. :flowers:

Me too! I wanted to see the sheer dress underneath.

The outfit she wore at Felipe's wedding, the purple gown worn to the ball , the red one for her first Prince Day, and the floral gown worn at the King of Thailand's jubilee are still the most elegant she's ever looked. All were Valentino I believe.

I like the second dress. The color combination is very unique, and the overall shape is very nice. The first dress is okay. I don't like the two lines that show through the lace (they look like straps, but they're distracting). The color is also pretty, but I think it would look nicer without those straps showing through the top.

I always felt that Maxima was too young for the first dress, but again, from the time I first saw it I really liked the second dress.

I always felt that Maxima was too young for the first dress, but again, from the time I first saw it I really liked the second dress.
I agree. The second dress is stunning on PMaxima. The first one looks like it would make a better cocktail dress. LOVE the brooch.

i like them both, but my favourite has to be the green and purple one.

ANP Beeldbank

I hope that we'll get to see a full length picture of this dress!
I think that the dress would be more likely to look flattering then.
I really like how simple and elegent Maxima;s hair is.

that silver dress with the black lace is simply lovely. it doesn't look like natan to me, any ideas on the possible designer?

not too fond of the hairdo though.

Exactly. A most unflattering dress with unfortunate proportions - the way it is cut literally into three parts offers a perfect example of the dreaded 'sausage effect'.
Pity, because she looks lovely from the neck up, finally wearing her hair again in one of her elegant chignons instead of open pool hair.

This is one of the worst dresses she has worn in a long time. It makes her look fat and frumpy. Don't like the shoes either.

I agree. The top part of the dress is so unflattering. The bottom part isn't as tight as the top part, but from the waist up, she looks horrible. Her hairstyle is nice, though.

I have to agree that this dress does absolutely nothing for her. Nor anyone else who might wear it I suspect. And the shoes are all wrong for this time of the year in the Netherlands.

The idea of the dress is lovely but I have to agree it does not suit Maxima at all the bust line is appaling and the shoes and the black ribbons on the dress are too horrible.They kill the dress.I do like her hair though.

I have to agree that this dress does absolutely nothing for her. Nor anyone else who might wear it I suspect. And the shoes are all wrong for this time of the year in the Netherlands.
I have to agree with you, not the right dress for Maxima's shape. I think you need a really small waist for this style -- like Mary or Letizia -- and Maxima [ although I adore her] doesn't have that shape. Plus, what is with the top pushing in her bust area! Makes her waist look even wider than usual. I don't mind the shoes, its the dress.

Not a bad dress though not sure about the first cut in the top part of the dress, looks quite odd. I like the color and fabric of it with the black trimmings

not sure about the first cut in the top part of the dress, looks quite odd. I like the color and fabric of it with the black trimmings

I agree. It just doesnt flatter her very well... at all!

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2008/PPE08110855.jpg

I didn't like her look. The jacket didn't match the pants somehow.
And I don't like this shiny material at all. .. nearly looks like plastic.
It looked very unflattering in that light.

I have to say: I liked the jacket /blouse /whatever a thousand times better when she first wore it for the christening of Ariane.

Somehow it looks just better in daylight.. less shiny and plastic. I really liked it when she wore it back then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom