Crown Prince Frederik's 40th Birthday: May 26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely pictures of the family. Isabella trying to wave is cute & the little expert, Christian looked like he was enjoying every minute of waving. The children looked like they enjoyed their time on the balcony. Isabella's smile wouldnt leave her little cute face, very pretty!!!

Fred & Mary looked great, loved t he pictures of them holding hand & with the kids in their arms.

Don't understand me wrong!

aw, isabella is so pretty. she is like a little doll... :)

beautiful pictures.
Isabella ist beautiful and cute, but she has not inherit the beauty of CP Mary.

That means not that she looks unpretty, don't understand me wrong. No child is unpretty or unbeautiful

I'm sure Isabella's looks will change over the next year or so. At almost two, my granddaughter looks very different from the way she looked at 12 months. Funny how their looks can change in such a short time.

Cat

You have a point. Unlike Bettina, Amber has never spoken to the press about Mary. I do think Amber will always be in a strange position as Glittering Tiaras stated but I hope she gets her life on track. It is strange that she hasn't been made godmother of Isabelle.

Hi BurberryBrit, I have to disagree with you! Amber has spoken up a few times about Mary in the press ... most recently after the Trine Villemann book came out, but didn't you know she was very scathing about Margrethe's wedding arrangements, and complained about her hairstyle at the wedding? She made a laughing stock of Margrethe with a 'gallery' of photos on her work website. It isn't in the least strange that she isn't a godmother - Amber is a lovely girl, but she simply isn't suitable. We all have friends we are fond of who aren't presentable - and of course you cannot have the second in line to the throne mentored by someone like Amber! Her most recent words in the press included 'presenting the hairy chequebook' (paying with sex) and an article about drinks spiking. Amber dwells in an entirely different universe from little Isabella (thank goodness!)

What wonderful photos - Princess Isabella is adorable and Prince Christian is such a liitle man, he brings a smile to my face evertiime I see him.

did they have a private party yesterday and will have on mai 31? according to norwegian royal family site Mette-Marit and Haakon attend the party.

What cuuuuuuuuuuute children!!

I love this photo of Isabella: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drwblog/fred7.jpg

She's so chubby and happy! I can't wait until Grasten this summer. Isabella's come a long way from the tiny baby in her first photoshoot. She's a little lady now! And Christian, what a change! I remember the second series of pictures when he was a little bald, big-nose baby, and now look at him! Head full of hair and what a charmer. Definitely good king material xD

I thought that the party was on Saturday??

Yes, there is a party on Saturday at Fredensborg. The "secret party" was probably something Prince Frederik was unaware of.

-Ayvee

A most unflattering picture of His Royal Highness....

Last edited by a moderator:
It is probably a private affair like Christian's birthday was last year :)

The secret birthday party didn't go as planned according to [url=http://www.seoghoer.dk/Royalt/Fredes%20suprise%20fest.aspx]Se og Hor[/URL]. Apparently, rough seas and otherwise bad weather forced the royal yacht Dannebrog to turn back, "Frederik thought the rest of the day would go quietly in the family shot, but things went horribly wrong (a bit over dramatic don't you think?) On board the Dannebrog there was a great feast to celebrate his 40th birthday.

Because of the turbulent weather they had to turn back the ship shortly after it had left its berth. Thirty seven of his closest friends and family members had moved to Toldboden from which they sailed in small chalupper out to the ship, and the party was held at the dock instead of out on the Sound. The last happy guests left the ship again around two o'clock at night."

... but things went horribly wrong (a bit over dramatic don't you think?) On board the Dannebrog there was a great feast to celebrate his 40th birthday"

GT, "at tage grueligt fejl" is a fixed expression and even though 'gru' means horror' - 'at tage grueligt fejl' is not quite as dramatic:flowers: - something like being completely/utterly wrong.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh:lol: Sorry:D. Hey, at least my Danish is becoming somewhat better besides that teensy weensy mistake. It took me less than two minutes to translate that thing and that's a miracle for me. Usually it takes me five billion hours to summarize a whole page, single spaced mind you.;):D:)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh:lol: Sorry:D. Hey, at least my Danish is becoming somewhat better besides that teensy weensy mistake. It took me less than two minutes to translate that thing and that's a miracle for me. Usually it takes me five billion hours to summarize a whole page, single spaced mind you.;):D:)
No worries GT :flowers: - I think your progress with the Danish language is impressive. And these fixed expressions are usually the most tricky ones!;)

Just thumbnails on Fred and Mary during the "secret party":
Rex Features

You can see what Mary wore. Her father and stepmother were also there.

-Ayvee

waouh great pics of the birthday!!!!
what a beautiful family!!

i'd love to see pics from the private party, i mean in a bigger version

That is a really funny photo!!!! You wouldn't get that very often.:lol::lol:

ahh Thanks Ayvee, i will still look forward to Saturday then. Does anyone know if we will see photos or is it a private affair?
But still we are unsure whether any foreign Royals will join in for the celebration on Saturday as like WA last year yet?:ermm:

But still we are unsure whether any foreign Royals will join in for the celebration on Saturday as like WA last year yet?:ermm:

The CP Couple of Norway will definitely be attending since it is listed on their official website.

-Ayvee

Back
Top Bottom