Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson, Current Events 1: September 2002 - May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like Mary wearing her hair up like she did at the dinner. I think she looked really beautiful and regal then. The dress itself is so beautiful. I love it.

Originally posted by Juliane@Jan 30th, 2004 - 12:34 am
Wow! She looked so much more relaxed than we've seen her in the past! Her hair looks much better when it's not so severly styled. It's nice to see her smiling in a formal setting.

Juliane
I agree. Mary looks a lot natural now.

The hair down makes her look more warm. Hair up makes her look more severe.

Actually I think she can look very nice either with her hair up (for very formal events) and her hair down. I guess it will depend on the occasion.

Mary will celebrate her 32nd birthday on Thursday.

I'm guessing a quite/romantic dinner with Fred :heart:

Mary looks gorgeous when she smiles. Sometimes she reminds me of Catherine Zeta Jones. Both ladies look very exotic.

Mary looks gorgeous when she smiles. Sometimes she reminds me of Catherine Zeta Jones. Both ladies look very exotic.
I don't know about Mary looking like Catherine Zeta Jones, but yeah they remind me of each other sometimes. I think it's the dark hair and brown eyes. Sometimes both of them look quite Spanish and exotic.

I agree about Mary looking nice when she smiles. I really really like the recent pics at the dance - the hair and make-up were just right. But the engagement dinner and the orangey-pink dress, I didn't like those as much.

Hmm ... what is with Frederik and Felipe lately? First they both become enagaged around the same time, then both their future wives show up at functions in similar jackets and now both couples are on skiing holidays!

... Wonder if these two Crown Princes have a direct line to each other's palaces and confer on what they're next move will be?!

Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 9th, 2004 - 7:46 pm
Hmm ... what is with Frederik and Felipe lately? First they both become enagaged around the same time, then both their future wives show up at functions in similar jackets and now both couples are on skiing holidays!

... Wonder if these two Crown Princes have a direct line to each other's palaces and confer on what they're next move will be?!
Really??? I know about them going skiing (maybe Felipe is teaching Letizia to ski and Fred is teaching Mary to ski :p ) but I didn't know about them wearing the same jacket. Which one is that? You mean ski jackets?

What's with Frederick and Mary and sunglasses...they always seem to have new/different ones on. It's kind of cute though, like they are the sunglasses couple - a nice trademark I must say.

It looks to me like Mary's glasses are the same ones she wore during her Australian visit (Australian open/ vineyard). I like these ones coz its big. She used to wear smaller ones and her eyebrows stick out, making it look like she's raising them :p .

:lol: I like how Fred's sunnies match his skis!! Though the sunnies by itself doesn't look all that crash hot to me. The pics look cute though. You know, I'd really like to know if they talk to each other in Danish now.

Yes Miss Mary has a thing for sunglasses--She knows how to pick them :p

I agree with Lyle--nice trademark

i noticed that as well.
my opinion: mary is not provided the same splendour as far as her wardroab is concerned as maxima had. its part of the danish pr strategy and i think its clever, makes mary look humble and that was highly needed after talks of her expensive shopping tours pre-engagement. no one wants criticism about money-orientated future CPs. i think its a good move to make her walk around in the same cloths from time to time. the double exposure of the engagement gala dress was clever too.

then: we see maxima rewearing her coats from two years ago, which means she shoped until she droped two years ago and then it calmed down. with mary its going to be vice versa: she will shop a lot after her wedding.

I think Mary has the perfect wardrobe as a Princess. I love most of the offical appearance things she has worn. Her casual wardrobe is that of a normal person. I am sure that it will change a bit after her wedding, but not a lot. She is one of my favorite dressers. I also like Maxima's style. Sometimes it is a bit too outgoing, but that is her personality. Both women dress for their personality. Mary is more subdued and reserved, Maxima is outgoing, and vocal. Both women I think have great style. But both dress to suit them. If I had to pick one, I'd say Mary. Because her style suits my personality, I can identify with her. But I do love Maxima's rings!!

Jyllands-Posten has a video clip of Mary and Frederik leaving this dinner. Go over to the right lower side of the page to view the video clip.

Link: Jyllands-Posten

Did you notice in the video the look on Frederik's face when Mary said something to him when they were saying goodbye to their hosts? He beamed a radiant smile at her and then on to the photographers.

She probably said "Let´s get out of here. Those people were boring" :p

Originally posted by Dennism@Apr 20th, 2004 - 9:56 pm
She probably said "Let´s get out of here. Those people were boring" :p
Hahaha! that's funny! (especially since Fred sometimes looks like he finds it hard to hide his boredom).

Yes I've seen this top before (isn't it the one where she had side braids in her hair?).... but I think it's such a nice top that I don't mind seeing it again. Perhaps she could have worn a black skirt in a soft/flow-y material. But she looks very casual in these photos.

The pics are wonderful, but what event is? What they are doing........................... :lol: :lol: :ninja: :ninja:

these are the pictures from last night of which a video and other pictures were posted earlier: reception at the australian ambassador's place in denmark.

Mary is beautiful in these photographs! I wish the royal court would come out with a second set of official photographs. Maybe I should invent my own using Corel PhotoPaint.

These photo's are great! It's nice to see Mary being integrated into the Royal working way, and she looks more and more comfortable each time we see her at an official event!

I think she's feeling more and more confident in her role as future queen and it's showing on her face and demeanor. I didn't originally like her because she seemed a little too stiff, but now I think she's growing into her role. Bravo to Mary! And her fashion sense has certainly improved! ;)

A dumb question ... if Mary were to dye her hair, would there be more 'selection' for her clothes of other than a tan / brown colour basis ?

i think she already colours her hair anyway, but makeing it blond is simply not an option for her, she wouls look horrible. i dont think dark-haired people can only wear brownish colours, i guess she is still sticking to her comfort-zone, you know. she has to learn how to wear bright colours, everything would work on her.

I'm glad to see nice things printed about Mary for a change. I think she looks amazing. I esp. like the close up of her. The color of her top looks great on her. i like what she has worn so far. I like the neutral colors she has chosen. Sometimes going into too bright colors can look bad on a person. I prefer neutral colors myself. I also like the deep green she has worn to banquets too. She would also look good ina deep red. But I think she should keep up the good work. She looks fantastic
!!!

Their are new articles on them but but really its about mary their in the australian magazines NewIdea and Womans Day this week i will right them out soon.
billie-jo

IMO Mary looks a little bit pale. Firstly I thought it´s the light, but Frederik, who isn´t a dark-coloured (-pigmented) person either, doesn´t look that pale!
I don´t want her to tan! Actually I don´t miss this colour, which comes through tanning, but the slight rosy lively colouring, which healthy-looking people have...

Originally posted by Lena@May 2nd, 2004 - 12:07 pm
IMO Mary looks a little bit pale. Firstly I thought it´s the light, but Frederik, who isn´t a dark-coloured (-pigmented) person either, doesn´t look that pale!
I don´t want her to tan! Actually I don´t miss this colour, which comes through tanning, but the slight rosy lively colouring, which healthy-looking people have...
It might be the stark white shirt combined with the dark sunglasses Mary is wearing that makes her look so pale.

I am very fair-skinned myself, and I never wear anything white so close to my face as it washes me out even more. If wearing a white shirt like what Mary is wearing in these pictures, or even a simple white T-shirt, I always make sure to wear another colourful shirt or scarf or something.

Nice to see a glimpse of Gustav and Count Jefferson von Pfeil in the above posted pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom