Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 4: June 2023 - October 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting timing given it's been a good couple of weeks since her comments about Christian and her and her family's posts featuring Christian last made headlines ?

One would think you'd make a statement like that while you were in the midst of all the attention, not right as the attention dies down...

Last edited:
Interesting timing given it's been a good couple of weeks since her comments about Christian and her and her family's posts featuring Christian last made headlines ?

One would think you'd make a statement like that while you were in the midst of all the attention, not right as the attention dies down...

I had the same thought. I can't imagine the palace press office was thrilled with this statement, since it creates ambiguity, rather than putting the matter to rest.

Getting dragged into a celebrity-princess media romance is probably not what the royal family wants the focus on just a few weeks before Christian becomes a counselor of state.

I had the same thought. I can't imagine the palace press office was thrilled with this statement, since it creates ambiguity, rather than putting the matter to rest.

Getting dragged into a celebrity-princess media romance is probably not what the royal family wants the focus on just a few weeks before Christian becomes a counselor of state.

I don't think her statement caused any ambiguity at all. It explicitly states that she and Prince Christian are close friends, and that what the media was disseminating was false, or as she puts it "at odds with reality". That's it. And don't forget that the Danish Royal Family are more than used to media-induced romances.

At the end of the day, Maria Chiara has every right to proactively and independently put out her own statement, especially as the media were disseminating false information about her.

I don't think her statement caused any ambiguity at all. It explicitly states that she and Prince Christian are close friends, and that what the media was disseminating was false, or as she puts it "at odds with reality". That's it. And don't forget that the Danish Royal Family are more than used to media-induced romances.

At the end of the day, Maria Chiara has every right to proactively and independently put out her own statement, especially as the media were disseminating false information about her.

Agree.

There is little to no controversy here in DK in the press.

And I still have problems seeing what MC has done wrong.
They are friends, they hang out together. Teens do that.

They haven't been kissing.
No compromising photos.
No nose buried in cocaine.
No drunk in public.

Try as I might I still don't understand what the poor girl has done wrong.
There are photos of Christian drinking beer, partying and being in the company of what we must presume to be young unmarried females of the opposite sex.
Yet, no one points to him not being suitable for MC...

It is ambiguous, because it protests the stories without actually saying, "We are not dating." Instead she says coyly "we're close friends."

She also doesn't say what information is "at odds with reality." Was it that they're dating or that she had tea with Queen Margrethe? She doesn't stipulate. That's ambiguous.

Her statement struck me as a bid for attention from a media princess. (And that's the world she inhabits.)

:previous: I also think it's deeply hilarious how she calls these rumours "unfounded" after giving an interview where she's quoted as saying "but I can't picture myself as Queen right now". Girl, that bed was made by yourself.

Agree.

There is little to no controversy here in DK in the press.

And I still have problems seeing what MC has done wrong.
They are friends, they hang out together. Teens do that.

They haven't been kissing.
No compromising photos.
No nose buried in cocaine.
No drunk in public.

Try as I might I still don't understand what the poor girl has done wrong.
There are photos of Christian drinking beer, partying and being in the company of what we must presume to be young unmarried females of the opposite sex.
Yet, no one points to him not being suitable for MC...

I don't understand how it's possible not to see the problem. Seems almost deliberately petulant.

First of all, what comparisons are you making regarding the "photos of Christian..." I assume we're talking photos his friends have posted on social media as I trust you realise no one has faulted Chiara for the pictures people took of them without their knowledge.

Unfortunately, that comparison doesn't make sense. Contrary to the few friends who have posted pictures of Christian partying, Chiara and Camilla have Instagram followings of almost 90.000 and 65.000 people respectively as well as an additional awareness that the media will definitely pick up on them posting pictures of Christian because they're "royal" as well.

For comparison, when one of Isabella's friends with a smaller following (19.000 on TikTok) posted a very demure video of them doing some TikTok challenge together, it quickly made rounds in the tabloids and on social media and the video was removed promptly. Isabella hasn't featured in her videos since.

People are criticising the Bourbons' unsubtlety. Chiara and Christian pose for a picture together at the F1 which garners attention. When that attention starts to die down, Chiara gives an interview about Christian. Another major flash of attention. When the attention from that dies down, she and her mother post a picture of Christian with the family. Attention flares up and down again. And now, when no one's talking about them anymore, Chiara puts out a statement that says... nothing, really.

This type of behaviour is 1.) extremely unflattering IMO, and 2.) definitely wouldn't have flown with the DRF if it came from... some random classmate of Christian's.

Last edited:
The media wouldn't have cared about some random classmate of Christian's, and from what I have learned here on TRF, domestic privacy laws prevent an intrusive media frenzy around any Danish person who happens to date or hang around with a royal.

Chiara said "close friends" and that the rest is untrue. So they are not engaged, not going to become engaged in the near future — and probably not even dating or in a romantic relationship.

It's reasonable to question if Chiara or her family has been working the angle simply to raise her media profile, but why would they risk their relationship with the CP family to do that?

She even admits that at first she enjoyed/liked it - see the following quote from her statement: "At first, this situation has made me smile;"

She even admits that at first she enjoyed/liked it - see the following quote from her statement: "At first, this situation has made me smile;"

Most people who see erroneous headlines about themselves dating an heir to a throne would find it amusing. "It made me smile" is about other people's actions, not an admission of satisfaction or responsibility. Too much focus on an idiom.

The media wouldn't have cared about some random classmate of Christian's, and from what I have learned here on TRF, domestic privacy laws prevent an intrusive media frenzy around any Danish person who happens to date or hang around with a royal.

The international media wouldn't have cared about a random classmate insinuating they were dating Christian, no. The Danish media most certainly would.

I read that part as saying at first she didn’t take any of it seriously/thought the media attention around her (non-existent) romantic relationship with Christian was funny and harmless.

She also may have enjoyed the attention, at least at first, but I don’t think that’s what she means here.

It is ambiguous, because it protests the stories without actually saying, "We are not dating." Instead she says coyly "we're close friends."

She also doesn't say what information is "at odds with reality." Was it that they're dating or that she had tea with Queen Margrethe? She doesn't stipulate. That's ambiguous.

Her statement struck me as a bid for attention from a media princess. (And that's the world she inhabits.)

"we're close friends" illustrates no ambiguity. Friend is just that - a friend.
"At odds with reality" is not ambiguous either. Her statement actually takes out the ambiguity of what was reported, thus negating media reports she had tea with QMII and the other crap that was in the reports.

I suspect some conscious bias may have crept into your interpretation of her statement. Take out the person and read the statement - she is close friends of Christian and what the media was reporting was bollocks. She also went on to say if there are happy announcements in the future, she will be than happy to she it with her supporters. That's it. No ambiguity.

Most people who see erroneous headlines about themselves dating an heir to a throne would find it amusing. "It made me smile" is about other people's actions, not an admission of satisfaction or responsibility. Too much focus on an idiom.

Exactly. It was funny until people, i.e. the media and social media, decided to make it un-fun

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe but most of them would not include that in a statement they issue.

I read that part as saying at first she didn’t take any of it seriously/thought the media attention around her (non-existent) romantic relationship with Christian was funny and harmless.

She also may have enjoyed the attention, at least at first, but I don’t think that’s what she means here.

'at first I tought it was harmless and would soon go away' would be a very different sentiment.

Maybe but most of them would not include that in a statement they issue.

'at first I tought it was harmless and would soon go away' would be a very different sentiment.

It's a genteel way of saying "at first I thought it was silly/ridiculous/didn't need my attention" to contrast with "the later speculation has become inappropriate and bothersome" (also not phrased that way, but there's no argument there), and is a perfectly acceptable phrase for a PR statement. Nothing in the English lexicon wrong with it at all.

I think this first came to light, this Christian/Chiara thing, from Australian magazine "Woman's Day".

On the cover of the August 14th issue there are photos of the three of them smiling, with the lines "Mary's Joy! It's Official Meet Christian's New Princess!".

I was a bit suprised to see "Hello" and "Tatler" following on and reporting on this.

Did they follow Woman's Day's other recent cover stories on what's happening in the Danish Royal Family?

Like the July 24th issue with a cover photo of Mary crying and Christian looking quite happy, with the lines "Christian Breaks Mary's Heart. I Don't Want To Be King".

Mind you, Mary has had to face this already ... and from her husband no less.

The April 10th issue has a photo on the cover of Frederik looking a bit sheepish with Mary shown with her mouth agape. The covering line is "Fed Flees Denmak I Don't Want to Be King!"

Mary's life, like, who'd want it you know.

Woman's Day doesn't get all the scoops though.

"New Idea", its competitor, had a photo on the cover of its August 21st issue of a very concerned looking Mary with the lines "Mary Betrayed By Fred! The Photos That Broke Her Heart".

And a photo of Frederik looking happy with a woman who isn't Mary, both in swimsuits, drippping wet with towels on a boat.

I think it must be a laugh for Mary's sisters Patty and Jane when they do their weekly shopping to see these headlines and matching photos.

I wonder if they bundle up a few parcels and ship them over to their Royal sister to show her how she is portrayed in her homeland.

Maybe Mary has a subscription to the digital versions.

Hundreds of thousands of the printed magazines are sold weekly, and many more people read them as they don't get thrown away.

They are passed to other relatives, (female, men don't care) ... or now Covid restrictions are over ... to the waiting rooms of doctors, dentists and to nursing homes and so on.

I'm just suprised the higher-end publications Hello and Tatler picked this up and ran with it.

Of course these magazines are popular for more than just their cover stories. They offer everything of interest to people ... gardening, puzzles, cooking, actual interviews with ordinary people and publicly well-known people.

They often have photos you never see on the internet. I guess they buy exclusive rights to photos that, unless you buy the mag, you won't see.

I saw that there was some sort of legal proceeding a few years ago where the magazine being pursued, I think it was Woman's Day, successfully defended the case.

These publications are considered "light entertainment" and everyone is in on the know that you're not to get caught up in it all, you are just to be "entertained".

There were lots of photos last December, when the family were out here, and Mary was slathering poor Christian's face with sunblock.

I could understand her helping him out with protecting his back, but if your Mum is still putting the sunscreen/sunblock on your face, you're probably not looking to do that ultimate grown-up thing yet of picking a life partner.

I doubt very much there was any Danish insider who spoke, or that the magazine actually contacted anyone.

I think what happened was a few young people put a few photos on their social media, and because it was Mary's son, they were picked up on, on the "hey there may be something we can do with this" approach.

Did Chiara say in her interview, or on her social media, that yes, she actually did meet Queen Margarethe and take tea?

Does Queen Margarethe do tea? Is that a thing in Denmark.

I wonder if our Aussie view of Royalty isn't a bit over-influenced by our own Royal Family.

I don't believe that happened ... (unless Chiara has actually said so ... and there are photos).

Anyway, I think it all must have been a bit of a suprise to the young people involved, a bit of a laugh among their friends and why not make the most of it all ... a bit of fun out of the blue.

And I don't think personally that Christian will ever really "take off" as someone of great interest here in Australia ... apart from the landmark moments.

Even Frederik in no-one unless its in relation to something about Mary. And despite my examples above, she in not on the covers as much as many other people.

I hope I've been able to give a bit of perspective into this, from the Australian point of view, as I think it all started here ... and it didn't really mean much. Next week, next issue, next bit of entertainment.

Last edited:
Does Queen Margarethe do tea? Is that a thing in Denmark.

She was raised with it because she had a mother with a British royal mother, but afaik she's not personally a huge tea fan and switched to continental customs during her marriage.

On the other hand I think Queen Ingrid kept doing tea with Frederik. So Christian may come by it from a few sources, and there may be potential for someone in the DRF to do it, even if not QMII.

She was raised with it because she had a mother with a British royal mother, but afaik she's not personally a huge tea fan and switched to continental customs during her marriage.

On the other hand I think Queen Ingrid kept doing tea with Frederik. So Christian may come by it from a few sources, and there may be potential for someone in the DRF to do it, even if not QMII.
There are some very beautiful pictures when King Frédéric and Queen Ingrid are having tea with their 3 young daughters. If I remember well Queen Anne-Marie was a child and the two older girls pre-teen and teen. I think the journalist saw them and tries to reproduce the picture with Chiara.
Also recently remember Meghan saying how suddenly she found herself having tea with QEII.
Having tea together could be for these outside brides to-be
.. a first informal approach to meet the Monarch... easier and shorter than a dinner.
The different point to which the author did not think.. is that for sure Maria-Chiara has already met QM. Her father is godfather to one of the Queens grandchildren.. and almost every summer the QM is spending time to her French Chateau de Caix. Maria-Chiara lives in South of France... so for sure despite the age and rank difference they should have met many times.
Of course about the rumor of love-engagement, anything has been said.

The different point to which the author did not think.. is that for sure Maria-Chiara has already met QM. Her father is godfather to one of the Queens grandchildren.. and almost every summer the QM is spending time to her French Chateau de Caix. Maria-Chiara lives in South of France... so for sure despite the age and rank difference they should have met many times.
Of course about the rumor of love-engagement, anything has been said.

Maria-Chiara has said in her July interview that she has not met Queen Margrethe.
"Do you know the story of Queen Paola? «Yes, but I can't imagine myself queen now », Maria Chiara fends off, shy. But she confesses that she hopes to "meet Queen Margrethe soon, my parents know her". "
https://www.corriere.it/esteri/23_l...le-5f9bc0b0-1e80-11ee-9790-534f50182f9e.shtml

:previous: I also think it's deeply hilarious how she calls these rumours "unfounded" after giving an interview where she's quoted as saying "but I can't picture myself as Queen right now". Girl, that bed was made by yourself.

I don't understand how it's possible not to see the problem. Seems almost deliberately petulant.

First of all, what comparisons are you making regarding the "photos of Christian..." I assume we're talking photos his friends have posted on social media as I trust you realise no one has faulted Chiara for the pictures people took of them without their knowledge.

Unfortunately, that comparison doesn't make sense. Contrary to the few friends who have posted pictures of Christian partying, Chiara and Camilla have Instagram followings of almost 90.000 and 65.000 people respectively as well as an additional awareness that the media will definitely pick up on them posting pictures of Christian because they're "royal" as well.

For comparison, when one of Isabella's friends with a smaller following (19.000 on TikTok) posted a very demure video of them doing some TikTok challenge together, it quickly made rounds in the tabloids and on social media and the video was removed promptly. Isabella hasn't featured in her videos since.

People are criticising the Bourbons' unsubtlety. Chiara and Christian pose for a picture together at the F1 which garners attention. When that attention starts to die down, Chiara gives an interview about Christian. Another major flash of attention. When the attention from that dies down, she and her mother post a picture of Christian with the family. Attention flares up and down again. And now, when no one's talking about them anymore, Chiara puts out a statement that says... nothing, really.

This type of behaviour is 1.) extremely unflattering IMO, and 2.) definitely wouldn't have flown with the DRF if it came from... some random classmate of Christian's.

Hm.

I will retort by suggesting that Maria Chiara may have committed the sin of being disliked by some - for no particular reason. And as such some of the critique may be more based on justifying that.

Christian, M&F and presumably QMII know MC, they know her family. They will also be aware that MC is on the social media - yet, Christian was allowed to visit her and hang out with her. I think that if M&F had been seriously displeased the messages from MC would have been much more categorically.
Christian will until he gets married - at least... - be romantically linked to every single female he happens to be seen anywhere near, because that sells.
That's probably a new experience for Christian and I think MC too. I doubt she is romantically linked with a future king by the press on a weekly basis. Christian whom she may look at romantically, as a kind of cousin.
She is what? 19?
How does a modern 19 year old respond to that? Probably with some amusement, bewilderment and embarrassment. And likely feeling a little flattered as well.

If you look for coincidences you will find them.
My guess is that MC has been approached by the press who is going to write an article anyway, so she responds by posting a version of her own first - and vupti she's seeking attention.

She would like to meet QMII. What is she suppose to say? That she doesn't want to meet QMII?!?

She could say nothing. - And allow the press to run the narrative?
She has gone out saying there is no story.

And interpreting her words is just that. Interpretation and speculation.

Could this communication business be handled better? Yes! No doubt! But that's a problem with quite a few European royal houses, reigning or not, these days. They are often pretty amateurish in regards to responding to stories in the press.

90.000 and 60.000 followers on Instagram being compared to a nobody in Denmark who has 19.000 followers. It's not that I'm falling down from the chair in astonishment. The one who comes out on top in that comparison is Miss Nobody in Denmark.

The laws on privacy in DK says you can't photograph people without their consent, especially minors. There is of course a lot of leniency when it comes to photos in a private setting. - But - that changes when the photos are published. Especially if it is for commercial purposes. Boosting an Instagram account is for commercial purposes. However, you can't expect a 13-15 year old to know that.
It might very well have been the girl's parents who stepped on or she got a call from Isabella or a friend in the know. M&F let alone the court may very well not have been involved at all. - Whatever, I don't know. The post was swiftly taken down and that's it.
However, that's Danish legislation. The law is more lax in other countries.

I try to the best of my abilities, I don't always succeed, in giving people the benefit of doubt.
I will not contribute to malice what might just as well be explained by lack of experience or thoughtlessness.
And in that light I shall continue to be deliberately petulant.

-------------

I think QMII still drinks tea in the afternoon. I know she usually have her afternoon tea (or coffee now?) with her LiW and adjutant on duty.
It's after all a childhood thing she has happy memories of.

-----------------

IMO the odds are low on MC and Christian getting together. But should it happen, I would begin to pay real attention if MC is seen in Copenhagen, especially with Christian and even more so if she is staying at Amalienborg. But not before and they could still be just friends if that happened.
It is more likely that we will first see more of MC & C together and they will go into full no-comment mode. With the DRF going into no-comment mode as well. - That's when it gets really interesting!

Hm.

I will retort by suggesting that Maria Chiara may have committed the sin of being disliked by some - for no particular reason. And as such some of the critique may be more based on justifying that.

Christian, M&F and presumably QMII know MC, they know her family. They will also be aware that MC is on the social media - yet, Christian was allowed to visit her and hang out with her. I think that if M&F had been seriously displeased the messages from MC would have been much more categorically.
Christian will until he gets married - at least... - be romantically linked to every single female he happens to be seen anywhere near, because that sells.
That's probably a new experience for Christian and I think MC too. I doubt she is romantically linked with a future king by the press on a weekly basis. Christian whom she may look at romantically, as a kind of cousin.
She is what? 19?
How does a modern 19 year old respond to that? Probably with some amusement, bewilderment and embarrassment. And likely feeling a little flattered as well.

My guess is that MC has been approached by the press who is going to write an article anyway, so she responds by posting a version of her own first - and vupti she's seeking attention.

She would like to meet QMII. What is she suppose to say? That she doesn't want to meet QMII?!?

And interpreting her words is just that. Interpretation and speculation.

Could this communication business be handled better? Yes! No doubt! But that's a problem with quite a few European royal houses, reigning or not, these days. They are often pretty amateurish in regards to responding to stories in the press.

90.000 and 60.000 followers on Instagram being compared to a nobody in Denmark who has 19.000 followers. It's not that I'm falling down from the chair in astonishment. The one who comes out on top in that comparison is Miss Nobody in Denmark.

The laws on privacy in DK says you can't photograph people without their consent, especially minors. There is of course a lot of leniency when it comes to photos in a private setting. - But - that changes when the photos are published. Especially if it is for commercial purposes. Boosting an Instagram account is for commercial purposes. However, you can't expect a 13-15 year old to know that.
It might very well have been the girl's parents who stepped on or she got a call from Isabella or a friend in the know. M&F let alone the court may very well not have been involved at all. - Whatever, I don't know. The post was swiftly taken down and that's it.

I try to the best of my abilities, I don't always succeed, in giving people the benefit of doubt.
I will not contribute to malice what might just as well be explained by lack of experience or thoughtlessness.
And in that light I shall continue to be deliberately petulant.

-------------

I think QMII still drinks tea in the afternoon. I know she usually have her afternoon tea (or coffee now?) with her LiW and adjutant on duty.
It's after all a childhood thing she has happy memories of.

-----------------

IMO the odds are low on MC and Christian getting together. But should it happen, I would begin to pay real attention if MC is seen in Copenhagen, especially with Christian and even more so if she is staying at Amalienborg. But not before and they could still be just friends if that happened.
It is more likely that we will first see more of MC & C together and they will go into full no-comment mode. With the DRF going into no-comment mode as well. - That's when it gets really interesting!

I am certain Isabella knew have a social media account there I have seen royal fan accounts on social media of selfies taken by her in her bedroom and that she knew what she was doing with the tiktok and likely her parents found out and likely had her tell the friend to pull the tiktok royal or not teens are teens and will disobey her parents I know for a fact that Princess Ingrid has a account ((its private account and when I found and realize who it was I forgot I found it I didnt request to follow or anything nor will I tell how I knew it was hers because it would give clues on how to find it)) despite her saying in a interview she wasnt allowed to have social media.

Maria Chiara by her own words has NEVER met queen Margrethe (but would like to!) - see post by polyesco. So, clearly they don't know each other. Nonetheless, it is clear the younger generations (both Frederik/Mary and Charles/Camilla as well as Christian (and siblings) and Maria Charia (and sibling)) know each other.

On the surface they seem to live rather different lives but probably one family is just flaunting their wealth much more than the other - given the other's position. And I guess, it is pretty hard for Christian to find friends who live comparable lives to his...

Last edited:
Maria Chiara by her own words has NEVER met queen Margrethe (but would like to!) - see post by polyesco. So, clearly they don't know each other. Nonetheless, it is clear the younger generations (both Frederik/Mary and Charles/Camilla as well as Christian (and siblings) and Maria Charia (and sibling)) know each other.

On the surface they seem to live rather different lives but probably one family is just flaunting their wealth much more than the other - given the other's position. And I guess, it is pretty hard for Christian to find friends who live comparable lives to his...

Strictly speaking, the only "friends" he might have who live a comparable life to his own are people who are also in direct line to an extant European throne and that is a very narrow group of people nowadays.

Prince Christian may have friends, however, who are personally wealthier than he is (maybe not many in Denmark, but that wouldn't be difficult to find in bigger countries with plenty of billionaires and multimillionaries like the United States). And he probably hangs out with people who go to the same vacation spots, social events, or parties he goes to. But being a prince in a reigning royal family, i.e., a son or, in his case, grandson of a head of state, and having soldiers standing in attention to you, and crowds cheering and clapping for you whenever you are in an official engagement, are pretty unique experiences that not even people of royal blood like Maria Chiara might have.

Last edited:

It's perfectly normal to view people in light of their previous behaviour.

(..)

I think that it'd be difficult for M&F to tell an 18-year-old woman – let alone the daughter of their supposed friends – to pipe it down on social media.

What are these "coincidences"? :ermm:

Chiara could easily have refused Corriere della Sera's offer to do a whole interview on the basis of (then) one (1) photo of them together. Even doing the interview, she was the one who brought up QMII in the first place.

I'm sorry but the press has not run a single narrative she and her family hasn't given a generous head start.

To suggest her "statement" was done in response to an upcoming article? I mean, disregarding the fact that she's voluntarily done her own interview on the subject, there's been written articles since they were first seen together in May.

The absurd over-interpretations of their relationship began around July-August, so why not put a statement out then? Instead, Chiara and Camilla responded by putting out a picture of Christian holidaying with the family and then a statement when attention had finally died down :cool:

I think you went to great lengths to misunderstand my argument here :lol:

My point is that Isabella's friend – who like Chiara and Camilla has somewhat of a following – removed her video immediately when it was making headlines. Chiara and Camilla, on the other hand, posted their picture of Christian in the wake of numerous headlines – some even caused by an interview on the subject by Chiara herself.

If you'd bothered to read my post, you would know that the video of Isabella was a TikTok video. Isabella's friend wasn't boosting anything. She was posting an everyday video of three friends doing a teenage thing together but had made the mistake of having a public profile which meant it was soon picked up by numerous Danish media sites. When that happened, she removed the video immediately which, to me, signifies her consideration towards Isabella's privacy.

It's Chiara, the influencer, and Camilla who were blasting Christian on Instagram – I'll leave it for others to decide whether they did so to boost their accounts, as you put it :cool:

I mean consider his father closeness with haakon in Norway I would be shock if Christian is not close with Ingrid as their parents are though two are in the same situation and would understand each other.

I believe that's a defense for presumptiveness used generously in the Sussex thread as well :cool:

I think that it'd be difficult for M&F to tell an 18-year-old woman – let alone the daughter of their supposed friends – to pipe it down on social media.

Chiara could easily have refused Corriere della Sera's offer to do a whole interview on the basis of (then) one (1) photo of them together. Even doing the interview, she was the one who brought up QMII in the first place.

I'm sorry but the press has not run a single narrative she and her family hasn't given a generous head start.

To suggest her "statement" was done in response to an upcoming article? I mean, disregarding the fact that she's voluntarily done her own interview on the subject, there's been written articles since they were first seen together in May.

The absurd over-interpretations of their relationship began around July-August, so why not put a statement out then? Instead, Chiara and Camilla responded by putting out a picture of Christian holidaying with the family and then a statement when attention had finally died down :cool:

My point is that Isabella's friend – who like Chiara and Camilla has somewhat of a following – removed her video immediately when it was making headlines. Chiara and Camilla, on the other hand, posted their picture of Christian in the wake of numerous headlines – some even caused by an interview on the subject by Chiara herself.

If you'd bothered to read my post, you would know that the video of Isabella was a TikTok video. Isabella's friend wasn't boosting anything. She was posting an everyday video of three friends doing a teenage thing together but had made the mistake of having a public profile which meant it was soon picked up by numerous Danish media sites. When that happened, she removed the video immediately which, to me, signifies her consideration towards Isabella's privacy.

It's Chiara, the influencer, and Camilla who were blasting Christian on Instagram – I'll leave it for others to decide whether they did so to boost their accounts, as you put it :cool:

I dont got tiktok didn’t knew private profiles were a thing but point still stands that by partaking in the tiktok but teens are teens worst things she could have done

I believe that's a defense for presumptiveness used generously in the Sussex thread as well :cool:

Presumptuous? Moi?!?

Ehh... whatever.
(..)

Yes, they can. If MC and Christian are friends and if their families are friends as well. A simple phone call should suffice.

The "coincidences" between MC mentioning Christian and their relationship being mentioned (in some media, mind you) the media has been listed here.
- That as well as your argument here is an interpretation backed up by speculation. It's not a fact. The facts are what has been said and what has been shown. i.e. quotes and photos.
My opinion, and that is an opinion, leads me to cautiously suggest that the reasoning for the timing and the content uploaded is likely to have a less - shall we say - villainous motive. You know, the thing about giving people the benefit of doubt...

Did I now? Well, silly little me interpreted it as I pointed out.
It's so easy to have something you post misunderstood, isn't it?
:D

Anyway, the number of followers have been pointed out here in this thread.
And to me a following of 60 and 90.000 followers is not a particularly impressive following compared to an unknown girl in DK. Not least as MC has been labelled an (dare I say an attention-seeking) influencer here in this thread

Being born back when they sacrificed people in bogs it makes no difference to me whether it was posted on TikTok or Instagram - it was posted.

Did you catch my little note about consent? They key is whether Christian and his parents gave their consent to MC Camilla to posting.
If they did not, it can be a problem in regards to Danish legislation.

----

Considering how often it said that women are constantly subjected to having their motives questioned and put down, especially strong well educated women, I find it interesting to note that an old-fashioned pig-head like me appears to be among MC's more staunch defenders.
(...)

:previous:
The law on privacy, which is generally pretty strict in Continental Europe.

Presumptuous? Moi?!?

...no? That wasn't what I said at all.

Yes, they can. If MC and Christian are friends and if their families are friends as well. A simple phone call should suffice.

They can. My point is that not all people would feel comfortable giving an adult – let alone the adult daughter of friends who do the same thing – a lecture.

The "coincidences" between MC mentioning Christian and their relationship being mentioned (in some media, mind you) the media has been listed here.
- That as well as your argument here is an interpretation backed up by speculation. It's not a fact. The facts are what has been said and what has been shown. i.e. quotes and photos.
My opinion, and that is an opinion, leads me to cautiously suggest that the reasoning for the timing and the content uploaded is likely to have a less - shall we say - villainous motive. You know, the thing about giving people the benefit of doubt...

What? Are you suggesting it's a coincidence that Chiara did a whole interview about Christian and the speculation regarding their relationship, and the fact that said interview made rounds in the media? ?

I mean, it's definitely a fact that Chiara's statement came at a time when hardly anyone were talking about them anymore. But sure, we have different opinions on the family's motive for doing so. And mine is as valid as yours.

Did I now? Well, silly little me interpreted it as I pointed out.
It's so easy to have something you post misunderstood, isn't it?
:D

Well, it sure seems easy for you to misunderstand my posts. Somehow other posters manage to understand them just fine.

Anyway, the number of followers have been pointed out here in this thread.
And to me a following of 60 and 90.000 followers is not a particularly impressive following compared to an unknown girl in DK. Not least as MC has been labelled an (dare I say an attention-seeking) influencer here in this thread

A following of 60.000 and 90.000 followers and celebrity and an awareness that the international media is willing to pick the story of "two young royals in love" up. Therein lies the difference.

Yet it was the random Danish child who had the decorum to guard her friend's privacy ;)

Considering how often it said that women are constantly subjected to having their motives questioned and put down, especially strong well educated women, I find it interesting to note that an old-fashioned pig-head like me appears to be among MC's more staunch defenders.
This debate has certainly confirmed my bias that women are other women's worst detractors.

Uh, gotta love it when people weaponise sexism when it's convenient for their own arguments only.

You might wanna look up the definitions before you throw such insinuations around though. The idea that women (and apparently "strong well educated women" more than weak uneducated women…) are exempt from criticism or else it’s sexism is the pinnacle of sexism.

Though that idea is very much in tune with how most "old-fashioned pig-heads" perceive sexism :cool: Sexism is prejudice based on one’s gender. I very much doubt anyone here would have a different reaction if Chiara was a man and had behaved the same way.

Chiara is a friend of Christian's. That's a fact.

She may potentially become a girlfriend at some point. Or if she did somehow contrive this, she may not be a friend for much longer. But those are both just possibilities.

(She may not have the slightest romantic interest in Christian whatsoever and be pretty embarrassed at this point. Or what if he likes her, and she doesn't feel the same?)

Since there's no way of knowing, I don't understand why the condemnation of Chiara (plus mother and occasionally rest of family) goes on. She hasn't killed anyone. She hasn't tried to interfere with any royal or Danish democratic processes. "Presumed innocent" would still seem to apply. "Not assuming malice when stupidity works just as well" is also valid, since she's committed no crimes. Is she really important enough to belabor when there is no more news?

...no? That wasn't what I said at all.

Ah, you are not familiar with that quote from Fawlty Towers.

You should be a politician, you never say what you say. That's a modus operandi you've used for years.

They can. My point is that not all people would feel comfortable giving an adult – let alone the adult daughter of friends who do the same thing – a lecture.

Why should they give her a lecture? To me it would simply be a phone call asking to remove or cut down on posts. A friendly request. And why should such a request not be respected?

What? Are you suggesting it's a coincidence that Chiara did a whole interview about Christian and the speculation regarding their relationship, and the fact that said interview made rounds in the media? ?

Why not?
There were and will no doubt be more articles where MC did not post or say anything.

I mean, it's definitely a fact that Chiara's statement came at a time when hardly anyone were talking about them anymore. But sure, we have different opinions on the family's motive for doing so. And mine is as valid as yours.

Indeed it is. Don't recall having said anything else. That I object to your (among others) opinion, does not mean you are not entitled to have it.
We here on TRF talked about it... I don't know about the press in other countries, but just because mags and papers in English speaking countries did not happen to have articles about MC and Christian does not mean that other non-English mags and papers didn't.
So her response could be to more local press? Or as a preemptive statement to being approached about journalist about to write about them?
Merely a suggestion. A speculation if you prefer. A speculation that is less valid than yours or what?

Well, it sure seems easy for you to misunderstand my posts. Somehow other posters manage to understand them just fine.

They are the lucky ones. :D
Alas, I'm often a bit thick.

A following of 60.000 and 90.000 followers and celebrity and an awareness that the international media is willing to pick the story of "two young royals in love" up. Therein lies the difference.

Yet it was the random Danish child who had the decorum to guard her friend's privacy ;)
Yeah, because MC is senior noble/a semi royal or whatever you may prefer to term her. They would be a nice "love story" regardless of Instagram accounts or not.
You just wait until Christian gets "engaged" to Princess Sofia of Spain and she AFAIK does not have an Instagram account.

Uh, gotta love it when people weaponise sexism when it's convenient for their own arguments only.

Indeed. Know the feeling. :D

You might wanna look up the definitions before you throw such insinuations around though. The idea that women (and apparently "strong well educated women" more than weak uneducated women…) are exempt from criticism or else it’s sexism is the pinnacle of sexism.

Though that idea is very much in tune with how most "old-fashioned pig-heads" perceive sexism :cool: Sexism is prejudice based on one’s gender. I very much doubt anyone here would have a different reaction if Chiara was a man and had behaved the same way.

Thank you for the lecture, I can now go to sleep a wiser man.
Sexism or not, I stand by my claim: Women can be pretty nasty to other women - and often are.
I do not like that.

I should hope people here would view, treat and judge a man in the same way they see MC. That would be ideal. I'm not as certain as you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom