Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to BB and the plethora of articles they've posted already, Christian will be living at home again during the school year. I have some speculations on that but will keep them to myself for now.

Isabella's new school is quite close to Amalienborg and she can get there with a 10 minute bike ride.

Both are very good schools!

But I must say I'm particularly stoked about Isabella's choice. IJG is a wonderful school. Very creative, solid values and a great location in the middle of the city (I think that will be a good fit for Bella's vibrant personality). It's a small school which means it's very tight-knit.

That it has its own upper secondary school will give her a similar experience to the one she would have had at Herlufsholm where she can "bridge over" and not start over in a new school. I also know from personal experience that IJG usually take in a handful of new students in "udskolingen" (7th/8th/9th grade), so it's not even unlikely that Isabella won't be the only new student in her class.

What could be the reason that they won't attend the same school?

:previous: The only way that would've been possible was if Christian too had chosen Ingrid Jespersens as Isabella still hasn't finished her lower secondary education and Christian is in the middle of his upper secondary education.

Isabella's new school is called Ingrid Jespersens Gymnasieskole – as it contains both a gymnasium (or an upper secondary school) and a grundskole (or a primary and lower secondary school) section. Ordrup is a gymnasium and therefore exclusively an upper secondary school.

But Isabella could opt to take her upper secondary education at Ordrup when she finishes her lower secondary education next year. You're not obliged to continue from the grundskole section to the gymnasium section.

I see IJG has Music, Science, and Theatre tracks. Wonder which one interested Isabella?

As expected the press has looked at Ordrup High School, where Christian will be the new student.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-chri...blakket-fortid-det-var-mit-indtryk-at-man-tog

The high school has been described in very commending terms in the press and by all sorts of commentators and experts. - So has Isabella's school BTW.

But Ordrup has had serious problems in the past regarding abuse and with students having personal information published, including their sex life - i.e. malicious gossip, whether true or not.
That happened as late as in 2016.
By then the high school decided to deal with these issues firmly and called in experts who formulated a policy to improve the climate at the high school and put an end to excesses and abuse - apparently with success.
The school also implemented a policy of inclusion - also with apparent success.
So it can be done.

- Of course both Christian and Isabella's schools are going to be on their toes to crack down on even the slightest hint of anything going on. Otherwise they'll get roasted just like Herlufsholm (things are quiet there BTW). Ordrup is a state school, so the Ministry of Education will be breathing heavily down their necks. The point of course being to show that state schools are at least as good, if not better, than private schools in handling abuse and poor behavior.

It's good that Christian is going to a school that has apparently dealt successfully with these things. I won't call it serendipity. Someone was probably paying attention this time.

As expected the press has looked at Ordrup High School, where Christian will be the new student.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-chri...blakket-fortid-det-var-mit-indtryk-at-man-tog

The high school has been described in very commending terms in the press and by all sorts of commentators and experts. - So has Isabella's school BTW.

But Ordrup has had serious problems in the past regarding abuse and with students having personal information published, including their sex life - i.e. malicious gossip, whether true or not.
That happened as late as in 2016.
By then the high school decided to deal with these issues firmly and called in experts who formulated a policy to improve the climate at the high school and put an end to excesses and abuse - apparently with success.
The school also implemented a policy of inclusion - also with apparent success.
So it can be done.

- Of course both Christian and Isabella's schools are going to be on their toes to crack down on even the slightest hint of anything going on. Otherwise they'll get roasted just like Herlufsholm (things are quiet there BTW). Ordrup is a state school, so the Ministry of Education will be breathing heavily down their necks. The point of course being to show that state schools are at least as good, if not better, than private schools in handling abuse and poor behavior.

Thanks Muhler. I figured BT would go for the click bait. Regardless, anyone that expects ANY school to have escaped having these types of issues is living in a fairytale! EVERY school (large, small, public, private, etc.) has had to face these issues...why? Because kids are dumb, reckless, think they know everything or TRY to be humorous and/or think their actions are no big deal. HOWEVER, as you stated, tackling any issues that do arise swiftly, with a hard line of no tolerance and then they implement policies/guidelines to make sure any behavior along those lines is eradicated and made clear will not be allowed in any way shows the dedication of the school to set clear values and promote an environment of inclusion, safety and community. So, yes, where there is a will, there is a way.

It is not a case of finding an educational institution that has NEVER had issues, but looking at how an educational institution that has HAD these issues has dealt with them head on and treated them with the seriousness they deserve and taken every step available to deal with any permeating behaviors that could become the norm if not addressed.

I truly hope that Christian and Isabella flourish at their new schools and the media, "experts" stop chasing "click bait".

:previous: It's actually the article's angling that – contrary to Herlufsholm – OG has acted on the problems they've had. BT is a rag but to be fair, if you actually read the article, they're not trying chase issues at the school but commending them for making necessary changes.

Last edited:
I'm delighted to see M&F's children out and about on their own - with friends and their friend's parents.

Fortunately attending soccer-matches is no longer a men's thing. Good. Mood is different and the spectators don't look, behave and sound so neanderthal when there are girls and women around. :viking:

Well, some of them still do, but that's predominantly at club-matches.
When I become dictator, football hooligans will be locked up, until they each have moved ten tons of dirt a kilometer with their bare hands. I don't care if it takes them a week or three years. That'll teach 'em! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The businessman Fritz Schur is someone whom Isabella is very familiar with, having known him for most of her life.
He also handles and looks after the private economy and investments of QMII and M&F.

It wasnt until I saw him turn around for Vincent at the Royal Run that I realized how much he had grown. But how is it possible!?
He will be crowned and I will still be seeing him as the most adorable 2 year old boy stomping his little feet to the military band in Gråsten! :wub:

Enjoy your last year of privacy and freedom, Lilleprinsen! Frederik and Mary have raised a splendid young man.

Last edited:
Oh, Christian. I know you're trying to be "real" by being "future king sitting in an alley" and all, but unless you actually do that on a regular basis, it would feel so much more authentic with you doing anything you normally do.

It feels a bit hard to relate to. But hey, he's only 17; he has lots more time to practice.

I like the photo, can’t believe Christian is already 17. And very much a mixture of his parents facially. And so tall! He towers over both.

Oh, Christian. I know you're trying to be "real" by being "future king sitting in an alley" and all, but unless you actually do that on a regular basis, it would feel so much more authentic with you doing anything you normally do.

It feels a bit hard to relate to. But hey, he's only 17; he has lots more time to practice.

I imagine he spends very little time in “Future King” mode. Most of the time he’s merely a 17 year old boy hanging out with his friends in alleys or elsewhere.

I imagine he spends very little time in “Future King” mode. Most of the time he’s merely a 17 year old boy hanging out with his friends in alleys or elsewhere.

Alleys? Who on earth hangs out in alleys. It looks like he is beside one of those old red brick buildings in Copenhagen. Probably his school or similar.

Christian, like the royals of his generation, is already becoming an adult, it's strange, because a few years ago they were still children,
He seems to be an intelligent young man with a sense of what awaits him in the future. I hope he is lucky and finds in the future someone with a sense of responsibility to share his life and responsibilities as heir to the throne.

What a great photo! In a matter of months he will be 18!

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. At this age and stage in life friends take the best photos.

What a great photo! In a matter of months he will be 18!

I mentioned this a few weeks ago. At this age and stage in life friends take the best photos.

In exactly one year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom