Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News 1: February 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the new pictures; Isabella's a beautiful little girl. And she certainly doesn't lack for personality, if the magazines' photo series are anything to go by.

This picture is :wub:: Photo from Getty Images

I've said it before, but now I say it again.. Isabella is such a beautiful and really charming little girl.

I think that these pictures are some of the best I've seen of her. I love that it is Mary herself who has taking them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ISABELLA!!!

Looks like Fred & Mary have their hands full with her. I get the feeling she's 3 children in one body :lol: Watching her grow will be fun & interesting.

She's absolutely adorable and I really like how her personality just shines through in those pictures taken by CP Mary. Bella indeed is a real little character.

Never seen such beautiful pix of her... she is really lovely !

The wonderful new birthday photos of Princess Isabella have also been added in a nice large size to the
official website - click once on the pics to enlarge, and a second time into the little box in the right
corner and you'll get the biggest size:

** kongehuset.dk: Prinsesse Isabella 5 år **

Adorable pictures! She has a cute smile! She looks so much like her father.

Beautiful pictures. She is just so adorable and full of spirit.

Happy birthday Bella!

Isabella's full of personality. I love the new pictures.

Princess Isabella is a precious little girl with a very playful personality.
The new pictures are beautiful, especially the one of her smiling broadly. :)

Isabella is so very adorable.

The birthday pictures are really sweet. I like how simple they are, they look like they were taken by her parents which I really like. Love her jumper!

I can't get over how much she looks like Marthe Loiuse from Norway in the third picture :)

The birthday pictures are really sweet. I like how simple they are, they look like they were taken by her parents which I really like. Love her jumper!

Yep, Mary took the pictures! :flowers:

On Kongehuset - Presse underneath the pictures of Bella:
"H.K.H. Kronprinsessen" skal krediteres ved brug.
["H.R.H. The Crown Princess" is to be credited when used.]

I know the answer to that one: The scrunchie is "hårelastikken" :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Huffington Posts writes about Bella: Princess Isabella, Denmark's Adorable Little Royal, Turns 5 (PHOTOS)

Now I need some cultural translation. :ermm:
What is a hipster?
Who is the Princess of Brooklyn?
And does scrunchie mean?
I don't think I'm a hipster, so forgive my ignorance. :sad:

Hipster - effortlessly cool, sometimes even edgy (outfit wise)
Scrunchie - hair tie, usually used to fasten long hair (like the one Isabella has on in the pictures)
Princess of Brooklyn - no idea what's meant but my fist impression/idea was that maybe the book "Island Princess in Brooklyn" is meant; the girl on the cover is certainly a hipster, although I wouldn't call Isabella a double of hers by any stretch of imagination. Alternatively, it may be a turn of speech I'm unfamiliar with; New Yorkers will probably have a better idea.

Huffington Posts writes about Bella: Princess Isabella, Denmark's Adorable Little Royal, Turns 5 (PHOTOS)

What is a hipster?

And does scrunchie mean?

I'll be happy to help you with the other two --

a hipster is someone who dresses non-conventionally, or at least not aiming at mainstream fashion trends. I can't say that it is usually applied to 5-year-olds, so The Huff Post is reaching there. I don't know the Danish equivalent, so I hope that was somewhat helpful.

In terms of Brooklyn, Isabella being a 'hipster' is the key. There isn't an actual Princess of Brooklyn, what the oh-so-clever (note sarcasm) writer did was say "she may be a princess of Denmark but she looks no different than the kids we see in Brooklyn"...
Brooklyn is quite gentrified now, meaning that a lot of middle-class wall streeters and academics -- who can't find apartments in the city (aka Manhattan) -- moved there and pushed out the ethnic populations. Most of the current populace of Brooklyn are 'hipsters'

I do give credit to the Huff Post for putting the spotlight on other royal families and not just the British, so well done to them for bringing well deserved attention to mischievous Bella :p

EDITED: I see Artemisia got to it before me with a hipster definition. While edgy and cool are often the case, it usually refers more to the clothing. Hence, mentioning Bella's owl sweater, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks FasterB, for the hair thinghy. :flowers:

Artemisia for explaining what a hipster is. Alas, still don't think I'm one. :flowers:

And not least American Dane for the cultural subtleties. :flowers:

This is what makes this forum so interesting.

Thanks, Grevinnan :flowers:

Another we-are-not-like-the-rest-of-the-unsophistcated-brutes culture. :cool:

No wonder I didn't know about them. As there presumably aren't that many Hansi Hinterseer fans among the hipsters, they wouldn't feel comfortable in this part of Jutland. :p
(Yes, you can find him on YouTube. And no, you need not post any vids....). :whistling:

Muhler said:
Thanks, Grevinnan :flowers:

Another we-are-not-like-the-rest-of-the-unsophistcated-brutes culture. :cool:

No wonder I didn't know about them. As there presumably aren't that many Hansi Hinterseer fans among the hipsters, they wouldn't feel comfortable in this part of Jutland. :p
(Yes, you can find him on YouTube. And no, you need not post any vids....). :whistling:

I had to make an effort to miss him when I was in Kitzbühel :) He was right in front of My Hotel when I checked Out :) He did pose with some tourists :)

What is a hipster?

And does scrunchie mean?

Is it just me, or is there a mistake in the article, because I was under the impression that Vincent and Josephine just turned one in January :ermm:.

As for Isabella being a 'hipster', I'd say she's just a five-year-old, dressing in a kid-comfortable sense.

Is it just me, or is there a mistake in the article, because I was under the impression that Vincent and Josephine just turned one in January :ermm:.
That´s a mistake. The twins are 1 year old :flowers:

That´s a mistake. The twins are 1 year old :flowers:

Good to know I'm not losing my mind then. I was pretty sure they were born in January of last year, so that would indeed make them just a little over one year old. Thank you for backing me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom