Charlene Wittstock Current Events 1 : March 2006 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
omg that was a nude club? i'm sorry for my ignorance but i thought that was a restaurant!

Nope, that was a high profile nude club. I posted the link a few pages back.

paca said:

that's just...dandy.

i know we have nude clubs here everywhere and men older than albi go but yeah for ahead of state he should know better. oy albert oy.

Paca,
Yes , a Head of State strolling into a nude performance club is very distasteful.....
He has so much money----he could privately hire performers to secretly come to the palace----That would maintain a false sense of propriety...
Its as if he doesn't even mind being photographed going into the exotic nude club......
He did wear a slight smirk on his face in addition to his smart black club clothing....

paca said:
I think I would be quite miffed if I saw my BF go into the CH with anyone (men or women). it is just not the place I would want him to be. That is sth that I would let go past if he was in his early twenties, but at his age it just has the bad taste to it. It just gives me in icky feeling. Also it lets his comments in a French doc be seen in a different light. In the context there it was a joke, but when you are being photographed entering a nude club as the head of state (as small and insignificant as it might be to the rest of the world) it is just not sth that helps to be taken seriously on the political stage. ( I wouldn't want to know what the reaction would have been if Bill Clinton would have done sth like that... ;) :D )

our press would still be having a field day if he would have done that. this country is still very set on puritan beliefs. ugh. but it would have still been wrong for him to just publicly go knowing there would be cameras everywhere.

teense said:
Paca,
Yes , a Head of State strolling into a nude performance club is very distasteful.....
He has so much money----he could privately hire performers to secretly come to the palace----That would maintain a false sense of propriety...
Its as if he doesn't even mind being photographed going into the exotic nude club......
He did wear a slight smirk on his face in addition to his smart black club clothing....

i agree teense if he wanted it so bad, he could have just hired them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Crazy Horse quite famouse and attended (nowadays) not only for the naked dancers? I know it is a place where many people go, also women, just because it is popular and historic in a way, it is not a stripper club.

Kisses

Grace said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Crazy Horse quite famouse and attended (nowadays) not only for the naked dancers? I know it is a place where many people go, also women, just because it is popular and historic in a way, it is not a stripper club.

Kisses
Does President Chirac go there?
Is it the type of place CP Felipe and Letizia would go for an evening if they were in town?

Well, I have criticized Albert on many occasions recently, and was called a prude for my opinion of the Olympic pics, but I find nothing wrong with him attending clubs and discos as long as he is discreet and not loud. In this case I think he was. Maybe he was invited to a party, a birthday of a friend; as I've said, the Crazy Horse is not at all a stripper club.

Kisses

Last edited:
Several people have commented on Charlene's lack of education. What is her educational background?

I do not know that anyone has a great sense of her education other than high school maybe. She made comments in her interview about how unimportant grades and the like were to her and most just assummed that was a very good indication about her academic values. Someone else might know more.

Oh and the Crazy Horse is no strip club. Your not going to see anyone putting dollar bills on those women. It was only topless when I was there and it sensual but hardly trashy. Nude alone does not make something low. Just another bad idea on Alberts part. I cannot say weather the woman with him was CW or not, it really is not clear in the pic.

My understanding is the Crazy Horse has a kind of topless review. One of those shows Paris is famous for having.

Still, its not a place a Prince should take a single date....at least not while reporters are trailing him!

Ann

The Crazy Horse is a cabaret with a special and spectacular show with a dinner . Its' true that the girls are not completely dressed but it is not a vulgar place. it's quite an attraction in Paris and very entertaining. I don't agree with you. You can take a date at this place.

assia said:
The Crazy Horse is a cabaret with a special and spectacular show with a dinner . Its' true that the girls are not completely dressed but it is not a vulgar place. it's quite an attraction in Paris and very entertaining. I don't agree with you. You can take a date at this place.

Now, if PA took Charlene to the Crazy Horse in Vegas than that would be a whole other story:D .

The Crazy Horse in Paris is a well known venue and it is quite acceptable place to be. All kinds of people go there. by no means is it a trashy place; it's kind of a funky fun burlesque venue. Loads of tourists, men and women, locals, etc.

paca said:

OMG!!:eek: -- but the French locals would not regularly go there, right? Just the tourists (I guess)

Albert! But then if he would go to this place, even if is not seen as a dive -- why would he ever try to sue anyone about writing things on his private life when he seems to give behavior what at least some people would consider 'bad taste' for a royal. Do the others do that?

(I'm sorry, I think that's not only telling, maybe I'm abit too conservative...)

Last edited:
Lillia said:
OMG!!:eek: -- but the French locals would not regularly go there, right? Just the tourists (I guess)

Albert! But then if he would go to this place, even if is not seen as a dive -- why would he ever try to sue anyone about writing things on his private life when he seems to give behavior what at least some people would consider 'bad taste' for a royal. Do the others do that?

(I'm sorry, I think that's not only telling, maybe I'm abit too conservative...)

The French locals wouldn't go there b/c there are too many tourists. :p From what I'm reading from our European friends is that the Crazy Horse is a supper club where the dancers happend to be partially nude. I'm getting a Moulin Rouge/Josephine Baker-type sophisticated vibe about it. When I was in Paris, they boys liked to go to these kinds of clubs (20-year-old college students) and I think they were disappointed b/c it wasn't at all like an American strip club.

I agree, it may not be the kind of place you'd want to see the head of state go to; but I guess it depends on the country and the leader, e.g., it might be seen as urbane if someone a little more polished went there, but I'd be grossed out if Bush-fils went there. (I actually think Bush-pere could get away with it with his international background albeit it would be a little weird vis-a-vis Barbara.)

But I guess the big question is whether or not the blonde in the photos is CW...and no one really knows for sure. And as I've stated in other posts, it seems that Albert's ire only seems to be directed toward Paris-Match. I don't think they were the only magazine to post more candid photos or call the Maldives trip a "honeymoon" and others have blatantly referred to them as engaged. Where PM crossed the line and the others didn't, I don't know. Albert needs to accept that his private life is going to attract attention and behave in public accordingly; he's no longer going to fly under anyone's radar now that he is in charge. If the press knows he is somewhere in particular, they are going to find him; he has to know this by now. It's like this sick cat-and-mouse game he's playing with them: he wanted everyone to know he was with CW in Torino but not in The Maldives. No one officially announced/acknowledged they were "a couple," but they are jointly suing PM. If he thinks this will discourage people from following what is going on in his private life, it's not working very well.

I've seen the Crazy Horse show in Monaco too. It's a great show for adults, and not at all trashy.

I was in Lido and heard that Crazy Horse is something like that. As to me I was enchanted with that wonderlful high-class show, beautiful music and good meal (great service!). Though it was for adults too I noticed a few children there and, besides, in front of the scene there was a corporate party...I would like to visit it once more...

Does anyone know if the original interview with CW is posted anywhere on the forum? (The one after her first meeting with PA in 2001) I've been looking but haven't found anything. Thanks!

i haven't seen the interview casey, but the moderators have deleted some posts because of the copyright problems perhaps it was in that.

getting back to topic-looking at the photos in post 96 i don't think its her, very similar but just doesn't look like her to me. jmo

"Now, if PA took Charlene to the Crazy Horse in Vegas than that would be a whole other story:D . g1 glittering, isn't it a bordello?"

Casey321 said:
Does anyone know if the original interview with CW is posted anywhere on the forum? (The one after her first meeting with PA in 2001) I've been looking but haven't found anything. Thanks!

I think I read it on the royal blue forum? I know I read it on another forum not log ago (the SA media interview).

My theory.

Charlene is a woman who needs attention. She went after it with her 2001 interview regarding her date with Prince Albert. A year before the 2002 Summer Olympics. Now she is all over the media now because of her several dates with Prince Albert. Two years before the 2008 Summer Olympics. She is 28 years old. This will more than likely be her last Olympics. She will need a job. Other than swimming what are her job skills? A job that will keep her in the spotlight. Princess? Sports Caster? Member of the IOC?

Because of her interviews and the photos I have to admit I feel sorry for her. I think she is scared of the future because she thinks she doesn't have one. So she has allowed herself to be displayed in such a way that she has gotten noticed. Unfortunately noticed in an unfavorable light.

I also think that no matter what her future gives her, she will be haunted by these photos. Even if Prince Albert marrys her, she will always be connected with the past few months.

Last edited:
There were no summer games in '02. I've seen conflicting reports that they met at the Sydney Games but she claimes to have met him in '01. Who knows...

I was on the "other site" just now and was following a few photo threads. Looked at the one tamarindi posted about PA and CW going into the Crazy Horse...newscom is claiming that it is her and that he didn't stay long at the Rose Ball...jetted up back to Paris to be with her. It had conflicting dates saying that they went there on Sunday, 3/26 but the photo was posted on 3/24... After all that was covered by the press, I can't see her walking a few paces behind or hiding her face. I also can't wrap my head around how no one else saw them in Paris at any other time...and no one snapped her photo at the film festival? He left her alone for that too? You can get on newscom.com...and the password is Guest. Anyone have any thoughts?

article in SA newspaper online i copied a portion of it the rest is at the link but its basically about SA swimmers and CW future as an SA swimmer:

`The fate of South Africa's female squad is more uncertain. They have lost Sarah Poewe to Germany and Charlene Wittstock to a bald prince, but still have Natalie du Toit and Mandy Loots. The latter brought home two silver medals from Manchester, in the 100m butterfly and the 4x100m medley, but she is the only one left off the medley team.

`http://www.sundayindependent.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=3152445&fSectionId=1092&fSetId=

There have been comments about Charlene's lack of dental care, hair style, body language (sports like vice lady like), her only profession has been swimming and teaching swimming, and lack of moral standards (admitting in the 2001 article that she was still with the prince at 5am) and the photos taken of her this year.

What I haven't read about is anything about her family. I can't help but wonder why didn't they fix her teeth. Why wasn't she taught how to present herself in a lady like fashion? Why wasn't she taught, if she was going to have relationships that you don't publish the fact in a magazine?

Maybe it's because I am older. Mabye it's because I raised by parents who told me to do what I want, but I was never to bring shame and embarrasment back on the family. Maybe it's because I was raised in the U.S where dentists and beauty salons are everywhere. Maybe it's just generational and/or cultural differences. I honestly don't know.

All I know is that this relationship has stumped me. If Albert has been single all these years because he wanted someone who could fill the shoes of mother, why is he now settling for someone that is substandard. Someone who, in my opinion could never fill Grace's shoes.

Earlier there were entries about how much work Albert will have to do with her to make her presentable. Maybe that is it. Maybe he thinks he can shape her into the image he wants. She is young enough he could control her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom