Andrea Casiraghi's week-long charity trip to the Philippines

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so good after returning from holidays (as Nina & assia;) ) to see Andrea on charity mission, "waking up" public awareness on very important issues!

Thanx on informative posts and great pics, monica17 & mabelle!:flowers:

moby said:
mabelle, mwah. salamat.
haha, i think my friend and i were the only ones who bothered to take pictures of tatiana. :ermm: really, will post one of these days.

Do post your pics of Tatiana, moby! I wanted to get some, but couldn't get near enough (although I was seated 4-5 rows behind her). I had to point out to some of the girls there that Andrea has a girlfriend, the girl wearing black in the front row.

You're welcome everyone :flowers:; glad you like our contributions.

Last edited:
Here's another article from about Andrea's visit. the page has a photo but the newspaper also has another pic. if the mods will allow it, i'll post the other photo.:flowers:

No parties for this royalty
http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerheadlines/metro/view_article.php?article_id=17439

UPON his arrival in Manila, Andrea Pierre Casiraghi of Monaco was deluged with invitations to parties and social engagements, but the handsome prince politely declined most of them.

One of the world’s most eligible bachelors would much rather spend his time with the boys and girls of Payatas, Quezon City.

Last edited:
no prob :)
unfortunately there were no pictures of tatiana; they didn't know who that person sitting in the front row was.

The newest issue of Point De Vue has an article about this event
images from www.pointdevue.fr
pdvcouv13492ar1.jpg
pdvcouv23774ws7.jpg

I was so happy to read this story. I am so glad that Caroline brought her children up right and that they didn't end up like spoiled euro trash socialites. It is so awesome to see people especially young people with the power to effect change attempting to make a difference in this world.

What surprises me and impresses me at the same time is that Andrea declined invitations for social events. Such a contrast to Prince Harry!

Peaches said:
What surprises me and impresses me at the same time is that Andrea declined invitations for social events. Such a contrast to Prince Harry!

I agree - he recognizes that he is there to do a job, not party. We all know he likes to party, but this is a trip he's making for his Mother and the Principality - he recognizes that he cannot cause embarrassment and shame for AMADE, his Mother, or himself. He can always find a party on his own time.

I really liked the fact that he went there with Tatiana for two reasons:

1. He's really committed to her and feels like he can share all the stuff that happens in his life
2. Tatiana belongs to one of the wealthiest families of South America (and maybe the world), so she can really help with the charities, both with money and in the South American society

This trip was very nice and I think Andrea should continue to do so, the publicity would be very good for those causes:flowers:

Great pictures and articles about Andrea's visit to the Philippines on behalf of AMADE. It puts him in a new light, not just a handsome socialite. I love that he took Tatiana with him and I think it was appropriate. She fit right in and seemed comfortable among these children and in this environment. I truly wish they are the future sovereign prince and princess of Monaco. If Albert never marries and doesn't try to put his illegitimate daughter on the throne it might happen.

Andrea looks fake.

In my opinion about his visit to the Philippines,
- I think he looks fake.
- He goes without his mother (P. Caroline), but he goes with his girlfriend!!!!!!

I think it is not a good idea to take his girlfriend with him. He can go with P. Caroline, or any of his siblings. But not girlfriend.

The charity is made by P. Caroline for P. Grace who represents Monaco. Unless Andrea already got married with Titania! She goes with her husband (Andrea).

Andrea did a great job and he hardly looks fake. And hopefully in a little while Tatiana will be going with her "husband" the next time around.:)

Hello we're not in the 17th century anymore! What's all this **** that Andrea can't go alone! What his mommy needs to hold his hand by the time he's 30? And what about Tatiana? The girl can't go somewhere with a guy unless she's married!
IMO if more people paid attention to this kind of charity work and trips in a way that the needs of those people and improving their lives gets in the spotlight, maybe the effect would be greater. Instead you will allways have people who will find something wrong even about things when who you are, how you dress and who you go out with is not the point, but it is about helping others in whatever way!

cro_girl has some good points there, sriwadee. for one, he is representing his mother. he is also old enough to go on his own and i think it's a great gesture for him to bring Tatiana with him, not to frolic and have fun, but to work. and it's also a great gesture from Tatiana too, knowing that the places they'll go may be the worst she's been to.:flowers:

It is also possible that Tatiana was there because she is involved in the charity herself, perhaps for an internship or maybe just as a volunteer. Obviously, being Andrea's girlfriend would be what got her to be involved in the first place, but since Andrea has decided to involve himself as a patron, it's very possible Tatiana took an interest. In such a case, Tatiana would be there in Manila to "work" or to see the work being done just like Andrea or any other foreign student, patron, or volunteer.

Question for anyone who attended the speech at Ateneo de Manila University:

What did Andrea sound like? Accent, dialect? Was the speech in English?

Last edited by a moderator:
CasiraghiTrio said:
Question for anyone who attended the speech at Ateneo de Manila University:

What did Andrea sound like? Accent, dialect? Was the speech in English?

Well, what I've read from Monica17's post was that Andrea had an American accent on the first part of speech, however as the speech goes on, he sounded nervous and he started speaking on a French accent...You can read the whole of Andrea's speech on previous postings of this thread..

andrea sounds so sweet and sexy with his slight british/french accent (i can't tell which accent he sounds more like)

thank u so much for the link

Last edited:
pepepe said:

Thank you!! He's so sweet and shy, I love it! I'm sure with his family and friends, he's more confident - and I think he's becoming more confident as he speaks in public more often. He seemed a little nervous (having to read from script), but I think he was enjoying himself. Also, he has a really nice, smooth tone of voice.:wub:

thanks for the video!!!! i agree, hes a little shy, and nervous, hes moving a lot while speaking, how sweet.

Mahoogie said:
Well, what I've read from Monica17's post was that Andrea had an American accent on the first part of speech, however as the speech goes on, he sounded nervous and he started speaking on a French accent...You can read the whole of Andrea's speech on previous postings of this thread..

I think it was Moby who said that about the accents, Mahoogie. :) But I did say that he sounded a nervous at first. He didn't have an American twang though (but then Americans also have different accents like Northeast, Southern, etc.) so I guess he has a French accent. I'm not very familiar with accents (except the local ones and maybe the American and British ones due to films).

Thanks for the link on Andrea's speech; he was very endearing. :flowers:

Last edited:
thanks for the link!! this is the first time i heard his voice :wub: ..he did looked a bit nervous didn't he? well, if he continues to do this more often in the future, he won't be needing the papers anymore..

rather belated, but Ateneo has a write-up of Andrea's visit to the university.

Andrea Casiraghi of Monaco visits Ateneo
http://www.admu.edu.ph/?p=120&type=2&sec=29&aid=2709

Andrea Casiraghi, 22-year-old son of Princess Caroline of Monaco, visited the Ateneo de Manila University in the afternoon of August 25, 2006 as guest speaker in a youth forum for greater social responsibility.

With the theme “The youth, the hope for building a more caring and compassionate society,” speakers from academe, a corporate foundation, and non-profit groups, and the studentry articulated their views on social responsibility before a jam-packed audience at the MVP Center for Student Leadership.

Thanks for the video link:flowers: , his accent is quite strange..It sounded like British maybe because the sound quality of video clip isnt that very clear, but his voice is like a mixture of Italian and French accent as well..I cant identify exactly.Andrea is just unique..:rolleyes:

I love his voice! I think his accent sounds American/French. He seemed very sweet in the video. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom