The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think this tour may be seen as a water shed with wearing of a vintage dress by a recognised designer, plus the reappearance of items that have been part of her wardrobe from many years ago. I know I am in the minority but I like this look. Magenta and black always works well and the dominant colour really suits her. Although I would normally hate the collar, the hairstyle, heels and earrings prevent it from being frumpy.

Too frumpy with that collar, although the color is very pretty. I love vintage clothing, but there is a fine line between classic vintage & dated vintage, and this is firmly on the "dated" side of the line.

Cute ponytail. I had a similar hairstyle at my wedding almost 3 decades ago.

Recently I just sense some Victoria (of Sweden) vibe from her, I mean these awful sleeves (the green one she wore when she arrived) and collar (this pink one).

Kind of love the shining green one, nice color and texture, I even don't mind the ruffles.

I absolutely love the color and even the skirt and some of the bodice but that ruff style 'clown' collar is awful.

I keep waiting for this 70's style stuff to pass but it just keeps dragging on and on.

LaRae

"Dynasty" all the way !
Joan Collins just called...

I love it on her I have read lots of what has been said and see nether Joan Collins or matrons ... I love it on her totally and completely ...

I absolutely love this one. She looks beautiful and that's a really, really great color on her. Interesting that in some lights it looks purple. Either way it's gorgeous!

Would have preferred an updo but none less a really lovely look on the duchess for the gala.

The Duchess of Cambridge looked great in blue at the Gala Dinner for the 25th anniversary of Place2Be this evening, wearing a Jenny Packham dress:

** Full view** Upper part ** Upper part ** Upper part ** Close up ** April 2016 **

One of her few evening gowns I truly love. Its beautiful. :flowers:

Those who were hoping she would re-wear this from her India tour are finally satisfied.

Great updo would have finished it.

The Duchess of Cambridge looked great in blue at the Gala Dinner for the 25th anniversary of Place2Be this evening, wearing a Jenny Packham dress:

** Full view** Upper part ** Upper part ** Upper part ** Close up ** April 2016 **

Completely forgot about this event this evening; the dress is lovely. I much prefer seeing it this time round than with the cape.

I wish we had gala hair to go with the gala dress. :sad:

Completely forgot about this event this evening; the dress is lovely. I much prefer seeing it this time round than with the cape.

I wish we had gala hair to go with the gala dress. :sad:

Her hairstyle from earlier today would have been beautiful with this gown.

I've been waiting to see this one again, and I like it just as much this time as I did when she wore it in India. It's a gorgeous color, and the style suits her perfectly. Lovely all around.

I also join others who love this dress!! I thought she will wear it at the BAFTA. But that didn't happen. I am so glad she had an opportunity to wear it!!

It's beautiful. I am assuming she didn't want to look too formal with an updo.

Last edited:
Kate looks absolutely beautiful; the color of the dress is exquisite.

As for an updo, I thought perhaps the children would be excited about meeting her, and a child's idea of a princess usually includes long flowing hair.

And the color of her lipstick is just right!

I like the blue dress. When she wore it before, I was afraid it was one we would never see again. Apparently she is wearing some interesting earrings with it. Not the same ones she wore in India. Unfortunately, they are lost in her hair which tends to be the fate of the interesting ones.

Love this dress. Glad we get up see it again.

As for an updo, I thought perhaps the children would be excited about meeting her, and a child's idea of a princess usually includes long flowing hair.
Think you are right about the hair and I would have preferred today’s updo myself. Can’t see the earrings. Perfect princess flattering dress

Think you are right about the hair and I would have preferred today’s updo myself. Can’t see the earrings. Perfect princess flattering dress
I'm waiting for a better look at those earrings too. And the dress is very very nice.

The dress looks so pretty on Catherine. It's wide neckline, I think, looks better with flowing hair and could have been improved with jewellery at the neck.

Last time Catherine wore the dress with a shawl and an updo and her earrings were visible and bright.

Belle, Elsa/Anna, Snow white, Jasmine, Mulan, Cinderella...…. Really the only ones known for flowing hair except Rapunzel (and even hers is tied back at times) are Pochahontas and Sleeping Beauty, oh and Ariel.

Kate wore her hair down with the gown because she wanted to. Just like she does a lot of the time with beautiful gowns that need a good updo.

She was once told 'I thought princesses wore tiaras'. If she really wanted to give the girls a 'princess experience' she'd have worn some hair jewels.

It's beautiful. I am assuming she didn't want to look too formal with an updo.

She is in a glittery ball gown. Not sure an updo would make it more formal then it already is.

The major downside to her hair down is you cant see the earrings. I always find the dresses she has either the best earrings, or an amazing neckline, or both which you'd want to show off, she hides with her hair down. Which is a shame.

So happy that she has worn this gown again. A beautiful colour and material which must look stunning to see for real.

Lovely dress, she looks amazing.

Yes - Kate repeated a dress that I have long hoped we would see again as its beautiful. She looked amazing, the blue is stunning on her

Was not a fan of this gown the first time she wore it. Great color but I don't care for the style.

LaRae

Very glamorous look for the Duchess and a great flattering color on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom