Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2012 - June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Sonja in black and white presented the Kjell Nupen Memorial Grant 2017 this evening, September 5:

** Full view **

Last edited by a moderator:
The jacket and top are the same colour but it doesn't look too bad,can't make out her brooch but its a nice touch.

Queen Sonja at the opening of the exhibition "The Royal Stables. Horses and their equipage 1905 - 1940" at the Queen Sonja Art Stable today, October 12:

** Full view ** Upper part **

A nice look for Queen Sonja at the Afternoon Tea for elderly voluntary workers at the Royal Palace today, October 17:

** Full view **

A great autumn coat matched with a colourful scarf for Queen Sonja at the unveiling of new sculptures at the Princess Ingrid Alexandra sculpture park today, October 19:

A great autumn coat matched with a colourful scarf for Queen Sonja at the unveiling of new sculptures at the Princess Ingrid Alexandra sculpture park today, October 19:

That is an amazing outfit! Perfect for autumn, still very fresh and colorful! Lovely!

Minus the shawl (which looks like one the art pieces) it wouldn't be too bad but the shawl covers up most of it.

I'm not a fan of Sonja's jacket as it looks a little on the cheap side to me, but the rest of the outfit is nice.

Queen Sonja looking lovely in red during a Christmas visit to Hovseterhjemmet (Hovseter Nursing Home) in Oslo today, December 22:

** With a coat ** Dress ** Upper part **

Sonja looks great and very festive. Her coat looks particularly warm and snug.

There's a hint of festive red ,the coat/hat and boots hopefully kept out the cold on Christmas Day.

Queen Sonja lovely in white and with a nice scarf during the welcome ceremony for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Royal Palace today, February 1:

** Full view **

For a visit to the Princess Ingrid Alexandra Sculpture Parc she wore her nice orange coat again:

** Full view **

And this it was she wore for the gala dinner in the evening:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Last edited:
She looks lovely! I love her orange coat.

Beautiful white and orange looks but the purple dress is awful.

Sometimes I look at the several long-reigning queens and wonder if they don’t get weary of having to get (as my southern grandma would say) ‘all gussied up’ so frequently. I know that they have dressers and lady’s maids, but the queens are the ones wearing the shape wear and the petticoats and the sashes and the jewels...

Slightly o/t, but I just watched ‘Viceroy’s House’ with Hugh Bonneville as Mountbatten. His wish was to be dressed in his full regalia in less than two minutes. It was a very funny scene with Hugh stepping rapidly into his trousers, and his valets buttoning his tunic and adding his decorations, etc. It took 18 minutes (and no shape wear or tiaras). A good but not great movie, with wonderful cinematography.

That scarf she wore with the orange coat is to die for! Not my colors - but I seriously covet it. And she wore/draped it brilliantly. A work of art IMO.

That scarf she wore with the orange coat is to die for! Not my colors - but I seriously covet it. And she wore/draped it brilliantly. A work of art IMO.

I agree. The scarf is beautiful. Went perfectly with her coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom