Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2018 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This outfit is wonderful, original and beautiful, she was the best dressed of her family !

Neither do I TBH. The dress is by Iris van Herpen, so nice that the Queen is wearing a Dutch design.

The design looks very nice to me. Had it been any other color but the nude effect...

The design is nice but I concure about the nude effect, jewels are really lovely and hair ok.

The design is nice but I concure about the nude effect, jewels are really lovely and hair ok.

I don't like the hair either. She is copying her daughters with her her down; but this 'straight' version isn't doing the look any favours imho. And it makes her look older somehow (well, she is turning 50 next week, so maybe she was trying to emphasize that?!).

And the dress isn't that well fitted either in some areas it seems.

I don't care for the dress, but Maxima herself looks beautiful and radiant, imo.?

I don't mind "nude" design but the gown is ugly. The hairstyle may be popular but doesn't suit her.

I don't mind "nude" design but the gown is ugly. The hairstyle may be popular but doesn't suit her.

Hair up,she´s not 18 anymore...even thou we would love her to be..I,we all,have seen nicer gowns on her,haven´t we.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the hair either. She is copying her daughters with her her down; but this 'straight' version isn't doing the look any favours imho. And it makes her look older somehow (well, she is turning 50 next week, so maybe she was trying to emphasize that?!).

And the dress isn't that well fitted either in some areas it seems.

the hair of her daughters seems to be in better shape then Máxima's. But then i think they would be wiser to put it a bit together or up at such Events where it can be windy.

:previous: Same.

When I first saw it I think it looks so "Iris Van Herpen"-like but at the same time it looks so "Iris Van Herpen"-unlike, because it has Iris Van Herpen's iconic design elements, but it looks so flat and rigid, which so different from my impression that, Iris Van Herpen's design always look so 3D and lively to me (I'm definitely not a fashion expert though:D).

oh.. no.. sorry Maxima this is not your best look. This dress is a mistake in my opinion. Hair mwah.. could be better.
Luckily her smile is always there!

The dress is by Iris van Herpen and laser cut, so it seems, so quite an inventive use of robotica.

Robotica..how awfull...Not fit for a Queen even tho it fits..

I agree. But the criticasters "she should wear more Dutch design!" have been served.

The jewellery is indeed lovely, but I just do not think the emeralds match the blue of the dress.

I don't mind Maxima's hair. Sleek hair for a change. I like it.

But I don't like the dress at all. Its geometrics look weird, the cut isn't very flattering. Also the nude color looks meh. She has so much better dresses she could have worn!

I don't mind Maxima's hair. Sleek hair for a change. I like it.

I'd have preferred an updo given it was a Pre-Birthday Concert and that style always suits Queen Máxima so much better.

I give Queen Maxima credit for trying something quite new for her. Whether I like it or not is irrelevant as I still think it marvelous that she tried especially on her big day when world was watching. JMO

Her appearance extremely stands or falls with her coiffure. Even the most beautiful Matthijs van Bergen creation or the most beautiful Jan Taminiau robe does nothing when Máxima has model scarecrow.

A polished Máxima looks 200 % better, even the most simple creation becomes interesting with an elegant and radiant person wearing it.

A Máxima with a nice chignon, with the same Iris van Herpen dress in another colour combination might gave been a hit.

For once Maxima had done her hair properly, unfortunately, the style is not for her at all. The dress, well .... I don't like the style or the colors, so a miss for me.

Maxima's gown is horrible.

We saw it on TV yesterday, the music gala and it looked much better in video. Expecially with the sparkling jewels, which appear "dead" in pictures.

The most surprising was Princess Beatrix. Her dark-blue dress was very glittering. In no any picture there was any suggestion of glitter, but on video she sparkled all the way.

Also the boohoo-like dress of Princess Ariane (the youngest) had sparkling sequins sewn on it, which did not appear like that on photographs. So there seems to be quite a difference in how a dress appears in daylight or in a nicely illuminated royal loge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom