Princess Anne's Fashion & Style Part 5: February 2019 - December 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the purple coat though I wish the collar was all done in the heather color. Back when I was about 9 years old, I had what we called a jumper dress with a matching floral blouse in that shade of purple. Good memories.

Princess Anne at the Camden Carers Centre, Charlie Ratchford Resource Centre in London today:

** Pic **

Very smart - I love everything about this outfit on Princess Anne (apart from the bag handle - metal chains always look cheap & tacky to me).

Ooh I love this suit on Anne - knockout! She has a matching poncho thing but it looks much better without.

Last edited:
Not to be unkind, but surely she has something in her closet a bit smarter and more up to date for presenting a design award.

The guardian have had a fun time looking at how they think Anne has influenced fashion comparing her looks from decades gone by to looks at London Fashion Week

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/feb/19/one-is-a-muse-how-princess-anne-changed-fashion

Fashion loves a princess. Five decades before Princess Diana there was Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark, a Cecil Beaton favourite of whom the young Princess Margaret is said to have remarked: “When I grow up, I will dress as Aunt Marina does.” So when Meghan – princess in all but name – boarded a plane to Canada, she left a vacancy. It is probably only a few years now until Princess Charlotte starts wearing Brandy Melville and uploading TikTok videos.

Until then, the ever-conscientious Kate is doing her level best to fill the gap – she has been wearing culottes and everything – but even the Duchess of Cambridge’s most fervent champions would admit that she lacks a little edge.

Enter Princess Anne, the royal fashion influencer who has been hiding in plain sight for 50 years. In 1970, Anne wore a dramatic floor-length evening cloak to a film premiere that – how did we miss this? – was very Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford in 2012 meets Natalie Portman at this month’s Oscars. The power tailoring and Matrix-style sunglasses that Anne rocked at the Chelsea flower show in 2018 looks strikingly ahead of the curve when you compare it with look 41 from Balenciaga’s spring 2020 collection. You have to hand it to a woman who is 18 months ahead of Demna Gvasalia’s Paris fashion catwalk at a horticultural festival not known for its avant-garde dress code.

The colour of Anne's last suit is lovely but the design and style feels best left in the 1970s.

Princess Anne visited Magpas Air Ambulance at RAF Wyton, Cambridgeshire today, February 21:

** Full view **

Princess Anne as Patron of the Injured Jockeys Fund chaired Board and Cases Committee Meetings in Newmarket today, February 27:

** Full view **

Princess Anne as Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Corps of Signals attended the Centenary Service at Salisbury Cathedral today, February 29:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I love this coat on Princess Anne. She wore it at Easter a few years ago & I thought then what a lovely colour it was for her. I'm not a fan of the hat but she wears it well. The boots look good - that's the heel height I like for boots myself.

Princess Anne attended a reception to celebrate the Centenary of Birkbeck joining the University of London today, March 4:

Princess Anne attended a reception to celebrate the Centenary of Birkbeck joining the University of London today, March 4:

That's the 2nd time this winter & it's decades old. I had a rant about how stunningly awful it is last time she wore it so I'll just scream into a cushion this time.

--------------------------------------------

Answering a post from the Duchess of Cambridge fashion thread:

I am sorry wearing a coat a handful of times in 12 years us hardly a prime example if recycling. Many of these young women will have coats they recycle every day of the week. There are things you can learn from royals but recycling clothes is not one if them.

Princess Anne could teach them about recycling.

Not always because she isn't as selective about what she recycles as she could be. She has some very chic clothes from 10/20/30 years ago & some horrendous outfits too. I'm a great supporter of her recycling habit but I wish we'd see more of the really stylish pieces & a lot less of the frumpy ones. Readers of this thread know that I'd like a licence to cull her wardrobe & recycle the worst outfits into cushions & dog beds!

Last edited:
That's the 2nd time this winter & it's decades old. I had a rant about how stunningly awful it is last time she wore it so I'll just scream into a cushion this time.

--------------------------------------------

Answering a post from the Duchess of Cambridge fashion thread:

Not always because she isn't as selective about what she recycles as she could be. She has some very chic clothes from 10/20/30 years ago & some horrendous outfits too. I'm a great supporter of her recycling habit but I wish we'd see more of the really stylish pieces & a lot less of the frumpy ones. Readers of this thread know that I'd like a licence to cull her wardrobe & recycle the worst outfits into cushions & dog beds!

If she is comfortable it is nobody else's business. Anne has never at any time been a slave to fashion.
I am sure we have all went out in things other people do not think much of.

Well of course it's nobody else's business but this is a thread to discuss our opinions of her fashion choices. If we didn't comment on the basis of it not being our business, there wouldn't be any fashion threads here.

Princess Anne a the 28th National Equine Forum in London today, March 5:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom