Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 15: June 2020 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Louis on a new photo released for his third birthday:

** Pic **

Re: Leonor & Sofia's outfits at the submarine launch

It's striking how much fashion is inspired by the mid-1990s right now. In 1996 I had dresses that looked almost identical to what both girls were wearing, and I was 13/14. My "Leonor" dress was worn over a fitted plain white shirt, and my "Sofia" dress was white with a boxier shape.

Re: Prince Christian

Great pictures, he is getting so tall!

Princess Alexia is wearing something from a brand called Maje. Josine Drogendijk is still looking for the designers of the other outfits, but I would not be surprised if Amalia is wearing Natan - oversized unflattering pantalon and wrinkly shirt in a heavy material with added things to it... we have seen that before from him.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/mode-maxima-mode-algemeen/koningsdag-2021

Princess Ariane looks great and all grown up.

Edit: Ariane's dress is from Natan. And the coat was worn by princess Máxima during a photo shoot shortly after the birth of Ariane.

Princess Amalia's -recycled- coat is nice ánd the princess is wearing jewels from the ON collection: aquamarine earrings that belonged to Queen Juliana. The clutch is borrowed from her mother.

The clutch worn by Pss Alexia was used by her mother during a previous visit to Eindhoven.

Last edited:
Wow. I like all their outfits! Very elegant young ladies that also manage to show their individual styles. Alexia is pretty definitely the glam with a bit daring of the three. Yes, Amalia dresses older but I think it suits her very well!

Amazing Princess hair as usual :)

Their hair is gorgeous!
I like their outfits, but for my taste, Arianes eyebrows are too much colored (How is it called when you take a eyebrow pencil to darken your brows?).
Alexia seems to be the one who is most interested in fashion and all whats coming with this topic. (Hardly to imagine her the same age as Leonor from spain).
And Amalia is definitely a woman for strong colors, although I like dresses more on her.

Yeah. Can you see Leonor in those heals and that skirt? It would look almost wrong whereas on Alexia it looks appropriate and great. A barely grown child and a young woman. But we all are different and it’s all good! Besides Leo will get to her more teen comfort level away at school with more worldly peers and away from mom:)

I am not sure what to think of it:

I liked Amalia's outfit in the first picture (at Huis ten Bosch); a little less so at some pictures in Eindhoven; but it worked well with her coat.

I am not really a fan of Alexia's image; but it fits her.

Ariane's dress is a bit 'olderly' and it is even worse with the coat; although the thought of it being what her mother was wearing at the photo call after her birth is a nice.

Princess Ariane was the best dressed and thankfully there was no demin this year.

Princess Amalia's -recycled- coat is nice ánd the princess is wearing jewels from the ON collection: aquamarine earrings that belonged to Queen Juliana. The clutch is borrowed from her mother.

I am afraid I can't see the earrings in the picture.

Amalia and Ariane's outfits look better with the coats, I think, and that was a precious thing for Ariane to do. I wonder if it was her idea or Max's? :) Everyone's hair also looks very nice. Amalia is either naturally phlegmatic or she is getting very good at looking serene...

I have to disagree and say I think Leonor could wear Alexia's outfit pretty easily; it's a simple dress and jacket. Almost "churchy". It's Alexia's hair and makeup that make the difference.

Princess Ariane was the best dressed and thankfully there was no demin this year.

That definitely applies to the evening concert. I really don't like those 'leggings' Alexia is wearing; although she might have the body for it - I still prefer less body hugging clothes.

You can already see that Amalia is the future Queen: she dressed much more formally. Nice to see their different personalities emerge but I must say my favourite remains Sofia. That young lady has such an elegant, understated non trendy "royal" style which really appeals to my aesthetic!

One thing that I absolutely adore are Amalias nails /her nailpolish. I am absolutely team darkred nails. She uses this color a lot and everytime I see it I fall in love again :flowers:

That definitely applies to the evening concert. I really don't like those 'leggings' Alexia is wearing; although she might have the body for it - I still prefer less body hugging clothes.

Didn't like either of Alexia's outfits today and she was the worst dressed tonight .

Not a fan of Amalia's style. Never liked those type of pants, but it suits her. Alexia's fashion doesn't surprise, she is the most fashion-conscious of the three AAA, though I expected to see a bold color somewhere. The one who surprised me the most was Ariene. So grown up! She got very tall too! I wonder if she'll reach Amalia's height.

EDIT:

This is a comparison between Leonor and Alexia, fashion-wise. Very interesting pictures.
https://www.hola.com/moda/actualida...rincesa-leonor-alexia-holanda-looks-estilo/1/

Last edited:
Ariane's royal blue dress today made her look much older than she is. Mismatch! Overall I thought they all looked a little drab today. Not fun in colours.

Alexia looks much older than Leonor- everyone grows at different rates. Alexia is also wearing makeup which Leonor does not. Seems like one of you from Spain said that girls dress like girls instead of women in Spain until they are 18. Wish that was the norm for girls in the US! ;)

When my two girls were that age, I struggled to find anything appropriate for them to wear. My older daughter called the available clothing “slut clothes” - too tight, too short, too risqué . I was glad when they had better choices as they got older. Of course we were buying off the rack - certainly not couture ?

I really like both Leonor’s look and manner; she seems very respectful and brought up well. A credit to her parents! Alexia is lovely - she just looks like the typical teenager who’d rather be anywhere than where she is:flowers:

Alexia looks much older than Leonor- everyone grows at different rates. Alexia is also wearing makeup which Leonor does not. Seems like one of you from Spain said that girls dress like girls instead of women in Spain until they are 18. Wish that was the norm for girls in the US! ;)

When my two girls were that age, I struggled to find anything appropriate for them to wear. My older daughter called the available clothing “slut clothes” - too tight, too short, too risqué . I was glad when they had better choices as they got older. Of course we were buying off the rack - certainly not couture ?

I really like both Leonor’s look and manner; she seems very respectful and brought up well. A credit to her parents! Alexia is lovely - she just looks like the typical teenager who’d rather be anywhere than where she is:flowers:
Those "slut clothes" are everywhere in Portugal :eek: I see many revealing clothes on young girls, and it makes me wonder if it's the current fashion or just the "teen thing" (rebellious stage). I hope it's just the current trend, because that means it will go away (we are in an era where only the outside matters, the body, the face, maybe that's why the clothes are made that way, to reveal oneself beyond boundaries)...

It's interesting from the Hola articles that Leonor apparently does wear makeup; it's just of the super-discreet and natural kind, by way of contrast with her future classmate Miss Alexia. Again, we'll see if this changes when they're on their own. (Alexia could feel less of an urge to be on show all the time... You never know.)

Those "slut clothes" are everywhere in Portugal :eek: I see many revealing clothes on young girls, and it makes me wonder if it's the current fashion or just the "teen thing" (rebellious stage). I hope it's just the current trend, because that means it will go away (we are in an era where only the outside matters, the body, the face, maybe that's why the clothes are made that way, to reveal oneself beyond boundaries)...
I hope so too! But you know, grown men and women are”designing” these clothes for teens. I guess the kids want to look like pop stars. But they aren’t the ones actually providing the clothing.:sad:

I really don’t like the direction of this conversation implying Alexia is not as well brought up or classy or worse dresses “slutty.” Because she chooses to dress a certain way. It’s verging on misogyny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom