Ingrid Alexandra ,Sverre Magnus and Marius: discussion 2006 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow a teenager tomorrow. Really growing into a lovely young woman :flowers:

Do future kings have the same worries about their newly teenager daughters and dating :ROFLMAO:

I would love a pic with her and her dad and grandfather together as we have got in the past sometimes.

IA looks so much like her mum (and certainly a bit like haakon)

Well, as you know, the NRF LOVES to celebrate milestones. - And after 3 years of large-scale celebrations, there will be another one in 2019.
Because, according to two serious/reliable royal commentators, the court has started to plan Ingrid's confirmation, which will take place either in May or October nest year.

But how will it be done:
1. Will she be confirmated alone in a televised service in the The Palace Chapel with foreign royal guests - and a white-tie gala dinner in the evening, which was the case with Haakon in 1988.
2. Will it happen in a private ceremony, which may take place in Asker Church (close to Skaugum), where Märtha & Marius were confirmated.
If that's done, it will probably be to shield the princess from the media, and to allow her to be confimated with some of her friends.
3. Or maybe they will go for something in the middle.

Perhaps someone here has some thoughts about it?

I (for one) have not reflected about it yet.

But remember, all the traditions from Haakon's Christening in 1973 were followed for Ingrid's in 2004. - So there is reason to believe that something similar would be done in this case as well.

Last edited:
Well, as you know, the NRF LOVES to celebrate milestones. - And after 3 years of large-scale celebrations, there will be another one in 2019.
Because, according to two serious/reliable royal commentators, the court has started to plan Ingrid's confirmation, which will take place either in May or October nest year.

But how will it be done:
1. Will she be confirmated alone in a televised service in the The Palace Chapel with foreign royal guests - and a white-tie gala dinner in the evening, which was the case with Haakon in 1988.
2. Will it happen in a private ceremony, which may take place in Asker Church (close to Skaugum), where Märtha & Marius were confirmated.
If that's done, it will probably be to shield the princess from the media, and to allow her to be confimated with some of her friends.

But remember, all the traditions from Haakon's Christening in 1973 were followed for Ingrid's in 2004. - So there is reason to believe that something similar would be done in this case as well.

I think your reasoning is sensible, considering the rises in popularity which the Norwegian royal house gained from recent celebrations, and that Ingrid was enrolled at a private school whereas her father attended public school might imply that her upbringing is meant to be more "royal" than her father's.

But how will it be done:

But remember, all the traditions from Haakon's Christening in 1973 were followed for Ingrid's in 2004. - So there are reasons to believe that something similar would be done in this case as well.

I hope it's the first choice. :flowers:

No matter what, I think we can expect her (foreign) godparents to attend and as well as the closets royal friends of Haakon and Mette-Marit.
That will mean Victoria and Daniel, Mary and Frederik, and hopefully Queen Maxima and King W-A.

Since IA is the future queen I can imagine she will probably have quite a public ceremony and I agree with Muhler that we can more than likely expect her godparents to attend. It wouldn't surprise me if the Swedish and Danish CP families attended as well.
Are royal confirmations usually televised in Norway?

What i wonder. is that the confirmation will take place so late. If it will be in Octobver 2019 Princess Ingrid Alexandra will then be almost 16. Is that the normal age for confirmations in Norway. here in Germany a confirmationm usually takes place when one is 14 years old, sometimes it can also be later for example i was confirmed shourt before my 15th birthday but that was because i started school a year later so it was done that i could have it together with my schoolmates.

Last edited:
I started confirmation classes in the beginning of 7th grade and it's 2 years so I was confirmed about a month before my 15th birthday . Also in Germany

I was confirmed aged 13 and thankfully it wasn't televised ;)

The Norwegian RF excels at these family celebration so I wouldn't be at all surprised if its a large scale event.

I think your reasoning is sensible, considering the rises in popularity which the Norwegian royal house gained from recent celebrations, and that Ingrid was enrolled at a private school whereas her father attended public school might imply that her upbringing is meant to be more "royal" than her father's.
Well, interestingly, the support for the monarchy as an institution (which was already high) began to rise when the media started with a more critical coverage of the CP-Couple in 2013.
But it has also benefited from the King's enormous personal popularity, which (although always high) has gone through the roof since his 70th birthday in 2007.

And the reason to why they took Ingrid out of the public school was to give her ''et grunnleggende nivå for å tenke, snakke og skrive på engelsk'' (''a basic level of thinking, speaking and writing in English''), as the court put it. - Not to make her upbringing ''more royal than her father's.''

--------------------

I hope it's the first choice. :flowers:
Agrees! :flowers:

But I think the main thing here will be what the princess is comfortable with, because we live in a completely different media-world than we did when Haakon was comfirmated in 1988.
Yes, she has attended a lot of televised public events lately - and she has participated in the televised May 17th balcony-appearance for years, but then the attention was not mainly on her.
And yes, she'll have to get used to it, but we must remember that she will only be 15.

--------------------

No matter what, I think we can expect her (foreign) godparents to attend and as well as the closets royal friends of Haakon and Mette-Marit.
That will mean Victoria and Daniel, Mary and Frederik, and hopefully Queen Maxima and King W-A.
Yes, and in addition to Frederik & Victoria, King Felipe of Spain is also a (foreign) godparent to the princess.

--------------------

Since IA is the future queen I can imagine she will probably have quite a public ceremony and I agree with Muhler that we can more than likely expect her godparents to attend. It wouldn't surprise me if the Swedish and Danish CP families attended as well.
Are royal confirmations usually televised in Norway?
Well, we've only had two in the history of television. ?

Haakon's:
The service in the Palace Chapel: Televised.
The white-tie gala dinner hosted by King Olav V at the palace: Televised.

Märtha's:
The service in Asker church: Not televised.
The white-tie gala dinner hosted by King Olav V at the palace: NRK was allowed to film the royal procession.

--------------------

What i wonder. is that the confirmation will take place so late. If it will be in Octobver 2019 Princess Ingrid Alexandra will then be almost 16. Is that the normal age for confirmations in Norway. here in GErmany a confirmationm usualla takes place when in is 14 years old, sometimes it can also be later for example i was confirmed shourt before my 15th birthday but that was because i started school a year later so it was done that i could have it together with my schoolmates.
It usually happens the year you reach 15, which in Ingrid's case will be next year.

--------------------

I was confirmed aged 13 and thankfully it wasn't televised ;)

The Norwegian RF excels at these family celebration so I wouldn't be at all surprised if its a large scale event.
TV2's serous/reliable royal expert, Kjell Arne Totland, has said that he believes the NRF/court will do as they did for Ingrid''s christening and follow all the exemples from Haakon's confirmation. - But at this early stage, I take everything from these so-called experts (reliable or not) with a large pinch of salt.

Last edited:
I was confirmed into the Church of England when I was thirteen. At my church, at the time of my confirmation, the godparents were interestingly not in attendance so none of my godparents were present - including my godfather who is a member of the clergy (at a different church though). My confirmation ceremony was quite informal and was more for the congregation and the parents of those being confirmed.

Well, we've only had two in the history of television. ?

Haakon's:
The service in the Palace Chapel: Televised.
The white-tie gala dinner hosted by King Olav V at the palace: Televised.

Märtha's:
The service in Asker church: Not televised.
The white-tie gala dinner hosted by King Olav V at the palace: NRK was allowed to film the royal procession.

Thank you ROYAL NORWAY ? I think it seems that we can expect Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation to be televised, as it seems that Haakon had his televised since he was the heir as Martha Louise did not. I'm guessing that Sverre Magnus's confirmation won't be televised if they're following that pattern.

Thank you ROYAL NORWAY ? I think it seems that we can expect Ingrid Alexandra's confirmation to be televised, as it seems that Haakon had his televised since he was the heir as Martha Louise did not. I'm guessing that Sverre Magnus's confirmation won't be televised if they're following that pattern.
You're very welcome! :flowers:

Agree! - He will most likely be confirmated (or confirmed, which seems to be the right word) in a non-televised ceremony at Asker Church.

BTW: Here are some photos from Märtha's confirmation in 1986.

If Ingrid is uncomfortable with a live televised Ceremony they could still have her confirmation at the Palace Church and perhaps allow somer Camera for filming but not broadcast the entire Ceremony live. Lerts hope they will continue to have a Gala Dinner in the afternoion and also that this time all her royal godparents take the time to attend. Not liker at her christening where neither Frederik nor Felipe attended.

Great pics! Ingrid Alexandra is soooo beautiful! She looks a lot like her grandmother Queen Sonja on that picture with her brother.

Thanks eya, iceflower & Princess Robijn! :flowers:

According to TV2's royal exert Kjell Arne Totland, there will be a birthday-party this evening (probably at Skaugum - the CP-Family's residence), where the Regent-Couple will be present.
But as most of you know, the prince is not a member of The Royal House (hence no Royal Highness-title), which means that his birthday is not an official flag day and that there will be no 21-gun salute.

The photos: Well, he is looking great with his glasses (very intellectual, I think).
BTW: The photos were taken by Julia Naglestad (an Oslo-based photographer, who's also been used by various media-outlets here).

--------------------

Well, Haakon sure can't talk his way out of being dad to Sverre Magnus! ?
The resemblance is almost scary, but in a good way of course. ?

Last edited:
I dont see any resemblence of Haakon in Sverre, but he reminds me A LOT of the late Kong Olav V.
IMO Ingrid looks ways more than her father than her brother does.

I dont see any resemblence of Haakon in Sverre, but he reminds me A LOT of the late Kong Olav V.
IMO Ingrid looks ways more than her father than her brother does.

I agree he does look like king Olav V

Ingrid I think is such a mixer of both of her parents

:previous: Yes, he has always looked like King Olav, I think.

But as my better-half said to me this morning, in today's birthday-photos: ''Give him some darker hair and brown eyes - and see him before you?'' Well, I saw Haakon.

My father, however, agrees with Tirilschatz! ? - Because he sees no resemblance of Haakon in Sverre, either.

I see some resemblance to Haakon in Sverre Magnus but he really resembles King Harald, as well.
Ingrid is a true mix of both parents and is gorgeous.

I can't believe Sverre Magnus is thirteen already - time sure does fly! I think his resemblance are definitely leaning more towards Haakon and his side of the family, whereas IA is a mixture, with more of a resemblance to MM, IMO. She looks more like Haakon around the eyes but the rest of her, especially around the jawline and mouth, is all MM to me.

I must have missed the birthday photo of Prince Sverre Magnus when it was posted and I too cannot get over how mature looking he has gotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom