Christening of Sverre Magnus - March 4, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pink Tulip said:
Do you think there will be anyone there to represent to Spanish RF like Elena or Cristina?

Hopefully Cristina will, her family and Haakon's family spent together sometime during last summer so it is very likely they will invite them. We just dont know if they are able to go.

Why do so many people expect so many foreign royals to show up? I think that Sverre is already honoured with so many royals present at his baptism, much more then with the baptisms of Alexia or Gabriel and Emmanuel for example (or Leonor, Elisabeth and Catharina-Amalia).

I agree Marengo, the turnout here is really more than what was to be expected
Here is some more information on the two not so know godparents

Mariann Gjellestad
She is educated as a nurse, now she works as a midwife in Bergen, she is 32 years old and knows Mette-Marit from Kristiansand. Im very much looking forward to it, it was nice to be asked she says to Aftenposten

Bjørn Steinsland has know Haakon for ten years, they share an interest for wintersports, he is educated in product development/design and currently works at Akershus University College. He says he is looking forward to beeing a sponsor and to follow the little Prince trough his life (a small pic from the shchool where he works, HIAK)
brukbjorn7we.jpg

Aftenposten also has theese pictures of the female sponsors, Marianne Gjellestad, Princess Maxima and a very glam Princess Rosario

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1237320.ece

Last edited:
It seems to me that like at any christening you invite the people you are close to. I would think that the royals are the same way you don't invite people just because they are royal.:)

Snow clearing equipment clears the area in front of the Royal Palace in Oslo, Wednesday, March 1, 2006. Prince Sverre Magnus, the son of the Norwegian Crown Prince couple, will be christened in the Palace Chapel Saturday March 4, 20

from polfoto

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 354
With what name will he be baptized?

Princess Rosario seems to be a popular choice of a god parent...isn't she the godmother of one of Pavlos children? And maybe I am missing something...but the Bulgarian Royal Family seems to be close to the Norwegian, Spanish and Greek Royal Families. Does this have anything to do with the time they spent in London? Or is there a familial connection?

I think Princess Rosario is one of Princess Irene's godmother

I am surprised that Mary isn't a Godmother, since she named Mette-Marit Godmother to Christian.

rominet09 said:
I think Princess Rosario is one of Princess Irene's godmother

1. Irene isn't a princess, she's like Zara Phillips: grandaughter of a monarch with no title
2. Yes, Rosario was her godmother:cool:

Will the german television broadcast the baptism btw? ZDF maybe?

In connection with Prince Sverre Magnus there has been designed a monogram. It is designed by Gina Rose. The monogram is personal to Sverre Magnus. The media can use it in their reports untill 7/3-06 and it shall not be used in commercial means.

http://www.kongehuset.no/ (click on the link saying; Prins Sverre Magnus monogram and then click on Klikk her for vedlegg and it should open as a PDF file).

KikkiB said:
In connection with Prince Sverre Magnus there has been designed a monogram. It is designed by Gina Rose. The monogram is personal to Sverre Magnus. The media can use it in their reports untill 7/3-06 and it shall not be used in commercial means.

http://www.kongehuset.no/ (click on the link saying; Prins Sverre Magnus monogram and then click on Klikk her for vedlegg and it should open as a PDF file).
I attached it here from Kikkis source

Guests invited by the King and Queen to the christening and the Lunch in the big mirror room afterwords
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyle.asp?gid=501&mgid=5&aid=5490
Den Kongelige Familie (from the royal family in addition to the King and Queen)
DD.KK.HH. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen
H.K.H. Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra
Marius Borg Høiby
Prinsesse Märtha Louise og Ari Behn
Maud Angelica Behn
Leah Isadora Behn
Prinsesse Ragnhild fru Lorentzen
Prinsesse Astrid fru Ferner
Johan Martin Ferner

Kongelige gjester fra Europa (Royals from Europe)
H.M. Dronningen av Danmark (Queen of Denmark)
DD.KK.HH. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen av Danmark (Frederik and Mary)
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen av Sverige (Crown Princess Victoria)
H.K.H. Prinsesse Máxima av Nederland
H.K.H. Kronprins Pavlos av Grekenland
DD.KK.HH. Prins Kyril og Prinsesse Rosario av Bulgaria
H.E. Grevinne Ruth af Rosenborg (Countess Ruth of Rosenborg)

H.K.H. Kronprinsessens nærmeste familie (The Crown Princess closest Family)
Marit Tjessem
Sven O. Høiby
Espen Høiby og Renate Jonassen
Tuva Høiby
Ina Høiby
Christian Høiby
Nicolai Høiby
Kristin Høiby Bjørnøy og Per Olav Bjørnøy
Kamilla Bjørnøy
Stine Høiby
Anniken Bjørnøy
Per Høiby og Wenke Lindal Høiby
Julie Høiby

Øvrige faddere (other sponsors)
Bjørn Steinsland
Marianne Gjellestad

Det offisielle Norge (The Official Norway)
Stortingets President Thorbjørn Jagland og Hanne Grotjord (President of Stortinget and his wife)
Statsminister Jens Stoltenberg og Ingrid Schulerud (Prime Minister and his wife)
Høyesterettsjustitiarius Tore Schei og Kristine Schei (Supreme Court justice and his wife)
Sametingets President Aili Keskitalo og Nils Jørgen Nystø (President of Stortinget with partner)
Politimester Anstein Gjengedal og Kari Gjengedal (Chief of the Oslo Police and wife)
Fylkesmann Hans J. Røsjorde og Kirsten Røsjorde
Ordfører Per Ditlev-Simonsen og Turi Ditlev-Simonsen (Mayor of Oslo and wife)
Ordfører Jan Oddvar Skisland og Anne Skisland
Ordfører Morten Strand og Else Marie Strand
Biskop Ole Kristian Kvarme og Ingjerd Kvarme (Bishop of Oslo and wife)
Domprost Olav Dag Hauge og Tonhild S. Hauge

Øvrig familie (Other family)

Venner av Kongeparet og Kronprinsparet (friends)

Representanter for Det Kongelige Hoff (court staff)
As opposed to Ingrids christening there are very few officals, also notice that Marie Chantal is not comming

Last edited:
What about her special girlfriend who was a witness at her wedding.I don't remember her nameDo they still have a relationship ?

rominet09 said:
What about her special girlfriend who was a witness at her wedding.I don't remember her nameDo they still have a relationship ?

Do you mean Linda Tanevik who was her bridesmaid?

i think rominet is talking about linda tanevik, yes. i think they have a good relationship either but perhaps a person for norway can tell us a little bit more. linda went to ingrid's christening and i would expect her tobe in sverre's too.

everyone knows i'm a real dummy when it comes to time zones. would someone be so kind to figure out what time i have to get up to watch if i'm central standard time in texas? i watched PC's and would hate to miss PS's.
thanks so much

I still think he should be an HRH. How strange it will be when his father is king and he will be the only child of a sovereign who is not a royal one that respect.

I like his monogram. Who is the woman (Gina Rose) who designed it?

@ Marengo: On the german TV you can see a summary of the baptism at 5.30 pm. On NDR and Radio Bremen TV they will broadcast the christening on saturday 17.30-18.00. As far as I know ZDF will not broadcast.

More informations on http://www.ndrtv.de/tv/royalty/

Zonk1189 said:
Princess Rosario seems to be a popular choice of a god parent...isn't she the godmother of one of Pavlos children? And maybe I am missing something...but the Bulgarian Royal Family seems to be close to the Norwegian, Spanish and Greek Royal Families. Does this have anything to do with the time they spent in London? Or is there a familial connection?

On Rosario's topic...
Her husband Kyril and his brothers, have a very narrow relation with the Spanish Royal Family, have grown together and are good friends. Pavlos of Greece is cousin of the Prince Felipe, and the Prince Hakoon a good friend (who also came to Beltrán Gómez's wedding,nephew of the King and other one of the best friends of the Prince). So the circle is closed. The friends and relatives of us, turn into friends of others.
Kyril and Rosario live in London (the rest of Bulgarian princes live in Madrid), and there they have very much contact with the Greek Princes and also they had it with Hakoon and Mette Marit when they lived there.

Does anyone know what time the Christening is starting???
Thank you..

maxima88 said:
Does anyone know what time the Christening is starting???
Thank you..

According to NRK (who is airing the christening in Norway) it will begin at 11.50 (I guess the ceremony itself begins at 12, but we usually get to see the prominent guests arrive) and lasts untill 13.00. Norwegian time of course :)
http://www.nrk.no/nrk1/?p_artikkel_id=&p_forhandsvis_flg=0&p_format=HTML&p_type=prog&p_fom_dag=4&p_fom_mnd=3&p_fom_ar=2006&p_periode=dennedagen&p_nrk1=NRK1&p_soketekst=&p_knapp=Vis+nedenfor

New Official Photos of the Crownprincely Family in Skaugum taken for Christening of Sverre Magnus, please go here

and a christening gift from the government for the little prince :

Last edited:
Hello!

I just wanted to say hello to all my fellow royal watchers. I can't wait for the christening. Does anyone know if there is a link to be able to watch it online?
thanks and have a great day!:) :)

Sverre is 100% Mette-Marit I think
Wonderful family, wonderful pix

Lady Marmalade said:
I still think he should be an HRH. How strange it will be when his father is king and he will be the only child of a sovereign who is not a royal one that respect.

Maybe this has been mentioned before but why not HRH?

bbb said:
everyone knows i'm a real dummy when it comes to time zones. would someone be so kind to figure out what time i have to get up to watch if i'm central standard time in texas? i watched PC's and would hate to miss PS's.
thanks so much

4:00 AM for Texas.

Pink Tulip said:
I like his monogram. Who is the woman (Gina Rose) who designed it?

It is quite nice.:)

Back
Top Bottom