Camilla and The Public

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the Diana haters are exactly the same to see some of the stuff that is written you would think there was more than 3 people in the marriage as they know every word or thought that they all had 30 years ago
One thing I admire about Camilla is that she is the only one of those "three in the marriage" who have kept her mouth shut about everything that went on. I can understand why Diana made that interview, but that didn't make me sympathise with her, rather the opposite (yes, I saw it back then and it made me embarrassed for her sake and for her children's).

Last edited:
Camilla will never be beloved but but she will continue to do as much as she can to support the Queen, her husband, and the UK. Most people have moved on from judging her for events that happened more than 20 years before.

I agree, she will never be loved, but she is and will be more respected as time goes by. The same can be said about Philip. He has never been loved, but he is respected.

I heard no booing.
CNN said they were cheered.
It makes no sense they were booed. It was a festive day and most people would have been cheering. If anyone booed it would not have audible as the cheering would have drowned it out.

If 'booing' was heard it was added to the 'live feed' or maybe some wanted to hear or expected to hear boos and so that is what they 'heard'.:whistling:

We have already agreed they couldn't add to a live feed impossible , funny thing is I had forgotten about the booing and the Queen giving Camilla the cold shoulder but now am remembering it all

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I heard no booing and I saw no giving a cold shoulder. And if there were, then it tells a lot about the people who acted like that to the parents and the soon-parents-in-law of the bridal couple, on their very wedding day...

:flowers:

We have already agreed they couldn't add to a live feed impossible , funny thing is I had forgotten about the booing and the Queen giving Camilla the cold shoulder but now am remembering it all

How to you combine the "cold shoulder" with creating the apparently snubbed lady, who already received the Royal Family Order, a Lady Grand-Cross in the Royal Victorian Order, something the previous Princess of Wales never got? How do you combine the "cold shoulder" with the ladies enjoying High Tea at Fortnum & Mason's? Or the Queen making visits together with the apparently snubbed lady, for an example to Ilford, Essex (visiting Barnardo's) or making a joint engagement to a community riding school in Brighton, etc., all around the wedding? The Germans have a nice word for that: hinheininterpretieren (making suggestive interpretations).

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying about other times I'm saying at the wedding

Back to the subject of the thread. I admit that I didn't hear the boos but I remember it being talked about after the wedding. Apparently a small group of women positioned themselves near the entrance of the church with the intention of trying to ruin the wedding day for Charles and Camilla. As Duc Et Pair said, the incident says a lot more about the people who booed than it does Camilla and Charles.

The fact that a small group of unhappy people continue to hate Camilla is not news. The vast majority of people were waiving flags and cheering as Charles and Camilla arrived. Opinion polls show that she isn't hugely popular but most people accept her as Charles' wife.

My sense is that the majority of people still blame Camilla for the breakup of Charles and Diana's marriage but recognize that life has gone on. Others are stuck in 1992. There is nothing Camilla can do about that.

Last edited:
Camilla knows where she stands with a great deal of members of the public, and I think she accepts the reality and she just carries on. I really like Camilla and I would like to meet her someday. She seems like a good person to know.

Camilla knows where she stands with a great deal of members of the public, and I think she accepts the reality and she just carries on. I really like Camilla and I would like to meet her someday. She seems like a good person to know.

Like many of us here in the forums, over time, we've read and discussed and debated till the cows came home (never could figure out where all them cows went in the first place) all the good, bad and the ugly of all aspects of Camilla's life both public and private.

Like you, Dman, Camilla is a person I would very much like to meet and get to know. Over time, from what I've come to know of her, she's proven time and time again qualities that I most admire in a close friend. No matter the circumstances, for Charles, she's been loyal, discreet and supportive. She is the definition of a consort being by his side and not caring for the top dog limelight. She's comfortable enough in her own skin that she doesn't need the praise and/or acceptance of the masses but has the ability to make anyone that meets her feel at ease and sometimes lets her "wicked" good humor shine through.

I think if I was to meet her or perhaps have a meal with her, I'd prefer it more so at Ray Mill rather than Clarence House or Highgrove. I think it'd be a more relaxed, easy going atmosphere and less formal. :D

I too didn't hear any boo's upon their arrival. The only thing I noticed, (I think) was a little nervousness from Camilla when she looked in the direction of the Spencer's. It was during the ending of a hymn, she looked in their direction and just looked nervous, IMO.

I agree, Osipi.

. . . Let's see what happens when Charles takes the throne I don't think it's going to go as smoothly as he thinks it will and lot's of things will be bought up. Afterall Camilla with be a Queen with a very colourful past and a not so good reputation. . . . . .
Well Charles wife was always going to be a Queen with a colourful past, be it Diana or Camilla.

I have to admit the number of people wallowing in the misery of ancient history, well things that happened over 20 years ago that are all more than a little debateable, is just plain depressing.

From what I have seen and read, Camilla is holding her own and doing very well. I admire and respect the woman more with each passing year.

Well Charles wife was always going to be a Queen with a colourful past, be it Diana or Camilla.

I have to admit the number of people wallowing in the misery of ancient history, well things that happened over 20 years ago that are all more than a little debateable, is just plain depressing.

From what I have seen and read, Camilla is holding her own and doing very well. I admire and respect the woman more with each passing year.

Let's not forget some of the rather colorful Queen Consorts we've had in our country's past.

Certainly Prince Philip seems to be a great fan of the Duchess of Cornwall - they can often be seen sharing a moment together - whether it's a joke, a smile or a warm-hearted touch.
And I'd say he's a fairly good judge of what's good for the British monarchy? After all, it's said he won't accept the presence of Sarah, Duchess of York!

Not necessarily. If the couple had worked at their marriage and family life from the very beginning, without the looming presence of Camilla, the chances are good that Diana would have been a Queen with a sterling reputation (and another couple of children, too).

Certainly Prince Philip seems to be a great fan of the Duchess of Cornwall - they can often be seen sharing a moment together - whether it's a joke, a smile or a warm-hearted touch.

And I'd say he's a fairly good judge of what's good for the British monarchy? After all, it's said he won't accept the presence of Sarah, Duchess of York!

That little swat on the arm followed W/"And how are you?" She gave him before going into The Chapel Royal for George's Christening still makes me smile when I think of it. From the teasing warm tone Camilla used, I got the impression she meant, "Are you behaving yourself?" Regardless, it really was such a lovely moment and spoke volumes of their relationship. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

What a heartwarming story. Camilla really is quite a caring person and seems to go out of her way sometimes to make others feel that they matter.

Another lovely story was that Camilla won the Dutch audience when she made an icognito walk through Amsterdam, on the morning of the new King's Investiture, to feel the atmosphere and enjoy the festive looking city.

The Duchess became recognized by the public and even bought an orange hat from a street vendor. With that -of course- Camilla endeared the Dutchies on an already very Orange-dominated historic day....

'We love your Princess Camilla!': Dutch party tell how they bumped into Camilla and her new orange hat on streets of Amsterdam | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I often think that small gestures like this a much better than grand ones. Camilla has done this sort of thing in the past and it shows a very genuine and caring nature. I like it when royals do these sorts of things!

I often think that small gestures like this a much better than grand ones. Camilla has done this sort of thing in the past and it shows a very genuine and caring nature. I like it when royals do these sorts of things!

I agree. These stories along with the spontaneous adopting of a rescue dog gives us insight into Camilla as a person. She doesn't do it for photo ops or because it enhances whatever engagement she happens to be performing but solely because she wants to and is thinking about the other person (or dog). I think she has an adventurous spirit and likes to get out and into the thick of things such as she did during the Dutch celebrations and IIRC, also was spotted out walking about during some of the diamond jubilee celebrations.

All posts rehashing the Charles, Diana, Camilla triangle/state of marriages/etc for the thousandth time have been removed as they are off topic to a thread entitled "Camilla and the Public".

I agree. These stories along with the spontaneous adopting of a rescue dog gives us insight into Camilla as a person. She doesn't do it for photo ops or because it enhances whatever engagement she happens to be performing but solely because she wants to and is thinking about the other person (or dog). I think she has an adventurous spirit and likes to get out and into the thick of things such as she did during the Dutch celebrations and IIRC, also was spotted out walking about during some of the diamond jubilee celebrations.
I have always loved her and it confirms what I think of her !!! Thanks !:flowers:

Royal couple marks 10th anniversary

A new YouGov poll has found that 10 years later, 49% of the British public now back her becoming queen consort when Charles becomes king. More than a third (35%) think she should be given a lesser title out of sensitivity to Diana, Princess of Wales and 16% were unsure what they thought.

We will see what happens but I have the idea that in essence Camilla is seen as a friendly lady who is easiest to approach by the general public. She deserves the well-willingness. Sine her entrance in "The Firm" she has never set any foot wrong. Credits to her.

We will see what happens but I have the idea that in essence Camilla is seen as a friendly lady who is easiest to approach by the general public. She deserves the well-willingness. Sine her entrance in "The Firm" she has never set any foot wrong. Credits to her.

She's done a fantastic job over the past 10 years for the Firm and most people that meet her find her to be a warm, down to earth, easy going person that makes one feel at ease. Those qualities have had their effect on Charles too and I think their teamwork makes for not only a happy marriage but also a happy couple taking life forward as it comes. These two definitely balance each other out I think.

Indeed, Camilla has done a great job as Duchess of Cornwall and future Princess Consort/Queen!

If, [God willing] HMQ lives another five years, public opinion will then have mellowed sufficiently for a majority to be in favour of the Duchess taking her rightful place beside her husband, as his Queen.

She has more than proved herself able, and worthy of the role.

Back
Top Bottom