Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the coat and her hat is gorgeous! I can't say that I am crazy about black with this shade of green, but overall, Queen Camilla looks wonderful.
It seems to be a favoured look with Camilla and I agree about the black paired with green.

I really wish she would stop wearing this style. It’s quite jejeune, and not very queenly.

I really wish she would stop wearing this style. It’s quite jejeune, and not very queenly.
I am actually more relaxed about it than I thought it would be. This pinafore style dress is well fitted, and the blouse offsets the black of the dress quite well. A brooch would have actually worked quite well with it.

I think that pinafores are ordinarily worn by either: a. young girls, or: b. servers or cleaners to keep their clothing clean.

I think that pinafores are ordinarily worn by either: a. young girls, or: b. servers or cleaners to keep their clothing clean.
Be that as it may, I think the Queen'd dress, IMO, works. Its smart, contemporary and quite outside her usual wheelhouse.

I was looking at the photo and thought to myself how lovely Camilla looked. The pinafore effect is, IMHO, pretty well non-existent. The ensemble is fitted perfectly, and the choice of blouse works extremely well with the almost severe cut and colour of the body of the dress which is softened by the delicate print of the georgette type material of the blouse with its delicate black, white and grey pattern, offset by softly feminine sleeves whose cuffs seem o fit Camilla's style perfectly.

The wrist bands look to be able to be pushed up to that three-quarter length that she often seems to favour, especially in summer. She seems to be tailoring her style to fit her engagements and I would suggest that wearing a gorgeous brooch would seem frivolous to the occasion in such a close setting. That is not to say that if she stepped out latter with one of her natty little capelets there couldn't be a discreet little bauble or a whacking great eyeful of gorgeous glittering glory. But not for occasions such as this.

On a more personal note, I have to admit I love her wholehearted adoption of suede (and wool lined) knee high boots. She is both practical and elegant in them and even in the Palace I imagine there are significant drafts around the ankles. (Heating that great place must cost a pretty penny),

Last edited:
I’m not too keen on the epaulettes. It’s a little too much like a costume for my taste , but I do like navy and red.

Back
Top Bottom