Andrea Casiraghi's week-long charity trip to the Philippines

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i second that louisgarrel!

i particularly like pics andrea holding to the babies, he looked so sweet... and i truly hope that he continues to do this and use whatever position he has and assert his views about things like this... god knows we need more people like his mother in this world

Okay, everyone, I'm doing my bit to contribute here.....

Andrea's events:

Youth Forum at the Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights campus in Quezon City - Friday, August 25 at 3.00-4.45 pm.

Forum with the University of the Philippines Law Students at the Diliman campus - details to be finalized but it is also scheduled on Friday, Aug. 25.

Party at Nuvo Bar ("Royal Chill-Out") - Friday, Aug. 25. It's a fundraising event. For members who are based in Manila, Philippines, please PM me on the Nuvo Bar event if you're interested. I have the details and the contact person. ;) I don't think I can go but maybe you gals can......

I have talked to someone and other pictures of Andrea will possibly be available to us after his departure..... I'm not promising anything, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

Both forums will be held in my neighborhood! And I have work!:bang:

Last edited:
wOW I wish I can go. My sister is a big Andrea fanatic and she's the one who told me about this. Thanks for the pictures.

Regarding the Greenbelt "gathering", is it going to be all-socialites only (by invitation?) because I'm no socialite (far from being one, actually) but I've been planning beforehand to go to Glorietta/Greenbelt this week or next for a "periodical" Powerbooks-and-Music One trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
jenopop said:
Regarding the Greenbelt "gathering", is it going to be all-socialites only (by invitation?) because I'm no socialite (far from being one, actually) but I've been planning beforehand to go to Glorietta/Greenbelt this week or next for a "periodical" Powerbooks-and-Music One trip.

Jenopop and others, please PM me on the details if you're interested. I'm not sure if can divulge details at the forum for security reasons before the event.

Last edited:
just a correction: it's Luli Macapagal-Arroyo, not Lolly.:ROFLMAO: :lol:

christinacg said:
wow, they have a young president!

she is not the president of the country, she is the daughter of the president, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (as stated by tbhrc in her post). :mrgreen:

and monica17! i knew you'd be the first ones to be here. so sorry, you have work. :unhappy: and i agree, Tim Yap and his denizens can flaunt their stuff somewhere else and not use this well-meaning trip of Andrea just to say they met royalty. already society columns are lapping up this trip, which saddens me because i feel that it taints the cause-oriented-ness of Andrea's visit.

and thanks too to all who posted photos! i've been hibernating at home, and this seems to be a low-key trip because not many newspapers have carried it yesterday. probably today we'll have more news. i'll try to contribute too, if Philippine Daily Inquirer has some news. ;)

Last edited:
who is tim yap ? and what does he do? does he have wealthy parents? i did some research on google but it wasn't really clear on what he does. all i can seem to gather is that he like to go to parties and throw parties. is he like the pilippino male version of paris hilton or something?

yeah, i also want to know who the heck is this guy..i have the feeling that he is not really well liked...

Sorry, people, if we left you wondering on who Tim Yap is.... I don't want to be nasty but okay, just a bit him..... he is a lifestyle writer or editor (not sure, i don't read his columns):lol: , and he likes to hang around the society people here in the philippines. well, i would think he's friends with some of the rich-rich here (rich-rich meaning rich by international standards, even if the philippines is a poor country), but he is not from a well-off or rich family. I don't think he even attended a decent school here. Now, I have nothing against people who move up in the social ladder.. just to make it clear. But all he does is party, get himself into social events, make friends with the rich-rich or the seemingly rich, and then write about events.... and he's got this awful bleached blond hair. He's one of the most annoying press people here!

I bet meeting Andrea will be a feather in his cap. I'm betting he will write a whole page column about it. I hope Andrea doesn't get shell-shocked if he meets him!:bang:

Last edited:
I see. I see. I guess I won't be going. Or won't be able to go, rather.

Another update:

Talk at the Ateneo de Manila University on Aug. 25 - Andrea will be talking about the youth's role into shaping a more caring and compassionate society.

I will post any updates on this and the other events as soon as able. If I get my hands on the transcript of his speech, I will post it here later on.

Last edited:
oh, i see we've been hard on Tim Yap. :lol: this is rather off-topic now, but Tim Yap is a newspaper editor and so-called fashionista/metrosexual whose line of expertise is pop culture. but to be fair to him, i've seen him on TV and judging from the way he talks, i'll say he's a nice guy, no airs or pretensions about him.

what we don't want to happen here is that some people might anchor themselves on those who have access to the organizers of the visit (in particular the gathering that will happen in Greenbelt, since Greenbelt is a chi-chi [read: chic and mostly for the rich folks] place) and use the visit to boost their social visibility.

but enough of the social climbers! i do wish that Andrea's visit will be as successful as his mother's was, and that hopefully those who are in need here in my country can have the much-needed help.

just a question: is Andrea representing his mother here, or is he doing this as his own role or in his own capacity? is he on the board of any charitable organization too? thanks! ;)

For those people in Manila who would like to attend the forum at the Ateneo de Manila University, please PM me. :)

"Virlanie Foundation organised a dinner in honor of Andrea Casiraghi at Illustrado the most famous restaurant of Manille." 21.08.2006 (Laif)

258yqg2.jpg
258yqsm.jpg
258ysdj.jpg
258yskp.jpg

(Laif)

Thanks, Ice! You are truly wonderful. :flowers:

Illustrado indeed is a most classy place to dine in Manila. It's synonymous to Old World Manila, back in the Spanish times. The food is divine. I've been there only once - too formal and expensive for me.

Andrea looks good in the Filipino national attire for men. :)

Last edited:
This is so unfair. Ateneo and U.P. are so near my house! Haha, Andrea reminds me of a Spanish conqueror for some reason.

Awesome..Andrea wore a "Barong Tagalog" during the dinner..I wonder if he would take home the wardrobe to his homeland..He looked so cool on that "Barong"..

Its rainy, cold and windy in Manila these days I guess Andrea misses the August heat of the Mediterranean and Southern France...but all in all, Philippines is an exotic wonderful place in summer and rainy season and you wont feel alone with the warmth and hospitality of the people..I hope Andrea is having a great time with his short stay here..

iceflower said:
"Virlanie Foundation organised a dinner in honor of Andrea Casiraghi at Illustrado the most famous restaurant of Manille." 21.08.2006 (Laif)

(Laif)
That is so nice of him! (I love the last picture)... Is this his first charity trip or has he done it before?:flowers:

Laif

Andrea Casiraghi with children of the Estero shanty town of Manilla.

259v3ue.jpg
259v41c.jpg
259v48g.jpg
259v4ev.jpg

You can find the rest at Laif.

in that last picture you can see a large sign behind him that obviously says something about 'andrea casiraghi' but do those children even know who he is? or are they just happy someone is coming to see them... i could understand princess caroline because she is a princess but andrea? who do they think he is?

kittencrews said:
in that last picture you can see a large sign behind him that obviously says something about 'andrea casiraghi' but do those children even know who he is? or are they just happy someone is coming to see them... i could understand princess caroline because she is a princess but andrea? who do they think he is?

Well, it's been in the news for some time now, I bet they knew they were getting a special visitor. But as for who he is? I don't think the younger ones really know, but they might!

Ani

RhapsodyBrat said:
oh, i see we've been hard on Tim Yap. :lol:
He's gay too, according to Celine Lopez' blog I read sometime ago.

is he on any news on television? i mean in manila

Last edited:
anag said:
Well, it's been in the news for some time now, I bet they knew they were getting a special visitor. But as for who he is? I don't think the younger ones really know, but they might!

Ani

i don't think these kids are really aware of their royal visitor. after all, the Philippine press is rather oblivious to the world of royalty. we get very little news about royalty. :dry:

royalty_101_ said:
is he on any news on television? i mean in manila

as far i've seen, very little. :excl: the dailies have no mention of him yet and i have yet to see a newscast about his visit. probably during the weekend the newspapers will finally publish [an] article/s about his visit.

i can't believe our media is paying little attention to this noble visit--and this handsome prince! :mrgreen:

Laif

Andrea Casiraghi visits the homes of the Virlanie program in Manila. Here at a home for mentally disabled.[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif]

81627702vq3.jpg
81627706ty6.jpg
81627712bt7.jpg
81627715yd6.jpg

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif]Andrea Casiraghi dancess at dinner organized by the Virlanie association for the street children of Manila and one of the shanty town.

81627687cx9.jpg
81627689oj0.jpg
81627690ie7.jpg
81627691mb3.jpg

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thanks for the photos!!!..From the pic above, I wonder what song are they dancing to.It looks like a John Travolta and Uma Thurman dance in Pulp Fiction.:rolleyes: ..Its nice to see Andrea doing all these, mingling with these kids, representing his mom on this charity visit..I appreciate all his efforts, I think he looks much sexier doing all these:) ..

^ yeah, my thoughts exactly, it is a turn on seeing andrea like this.
i wonder what he does in manila on his down time... does anyone know where he is staying

iceflower said:

It’s nice to see Andrea in a Barong Tagalog… Maybe by now, he can tell his Uncle Albert that the proper way to wear it is with an undershirt beneath it! :ROFLMAO:

RhapsodyBrat said:
i don't think these kids are really aware of their royal visitor. after all, the Philippine press is rather oblivious to the world of royalty. we get very little news about royalty. :dry:

I agree, RhapsodyBrat, that there is very little news here about royalty – and if there are, it’s on the British royals and to a significantly lesser degree, the Japanese royals (although, interest for the latter was high only during Naruhito and Masako’s wedding).

Anyway, back to Andrea (sorry for being slightly OT there)… because of limited information, I can even believe that some of the people he meets as well as some of the local media could not put it together that “Andrea Casiraghi” is a member of the Monegasque royal family even if he is not styled as “Prince”.

But, for all we know… maybe they did plan for this to be a low-key visit compared to his mother’s. There were news on Princess Caroline’s visit prior to her arrival but I did not know that Andrea was coming until I saw it here in TRF. Oh well, it’s (after all) his debut on the job and maybe what they wanted was a “soft launch”. Nevertheless, (hopefully) the winds will change in the next few days and we’ll get reports on his remaining activities, especially the visits to Ateneo and UP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom