The Sussexes Are Expecting!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that even if born on United States territory, this child will still be a dual citizen of the UK and US, like their older brother.

Automatic acquisition - GOV.UK

And yes, there are so many European Royals eg. Norway & Sweden who are also in the British Line of Succession, albeit way down the line.

This was discussed in the the British Line of Succession thread. The Swedish royals were excluded from the British Line of Succession at least until 2015 and they may still be excluded, since under the Royal Marriages Act the descendants of Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla were illegitimate in the eyes of the United Kingdom.

Note that even if born on United States territory, this child will still be a dual citizen of the UK and US, like their older brother.

Automatic acquisition - GOV.UK

This was discussed in the the British Line of Succession thread. The Swedish royals were excluded from the British Line of Succession at least until 2015 and they may still be excluded, since under the Royal Marriages Act the descendants of Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla were illegitimate in the eyes of the United Kingdom.

Note also that the child doesn’t have to be a UK citizen to be in the line of succession .

Let's stay on topic.

The child will be a part of the Line of Succession.

I don't think Meghan's pregnancy was obvious in the CNN appearance. But surely there was lots of looking and silent speculation by observers, since there was every possibility since her miscarriage that they would try again as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that Maud Windsor (daughter of Lord Frederick Windsor) is far behind in the line of succession. She was born in Los Angeles and currently 51st in the line of succession (this does include Baby Brooksbank in 11th position). At the time of her birth, she was 42nd.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...ud-windsor-princess-eugenie-bridesmaid-facts/
https://www.hellomagazine.com/healt...frederick-windsor-sophie-winkleman-baby-born/

Baby Sussex will be 8th in line of succession if he/she would be born in the US (assuming the line of succession ahead of him/her remains the same).

I am guessing she is 4 months along ..so I would guess July.

Congratulations to the Sussexes! :flowers:This will be a third great-grandchild coming for the Queen and DoE for 2021.

I agree that it will be July or even late June. I know that this is a third pregnancy, but that's a good sized bump there.

I had a feeling that she was already expecting when she wore that big coat back in November/December when it was very warm.;)

I don't think Meghan's pregnancy was obvious in the CNN appearance. But surely there was lots of looking and silent speculation by observers, since there was every possibility since her miscarriage that they would try again as soon as possible.

Remember back in Nov (?) when it was 60 something and she was in a parka and loose green top? I said then I thought she was trying to camouflage .

I think we have all been waiting for an announcement.

LaRae

In the announcement pic, it looks like Meghan is pregnant at least 6 month, maybe I am way off.

Best wishes for a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Meghan is maybe 4 to 5 months by now, judging from the picture. But we don't know.

Indeed @Pranter, the papped picture with M&H leaving that building in L.A., it definitely looked to me like the loose black top Meg was wearing under the bulky jacket was hiding a baby bump. I just think that due to the earlier miscarriage most people kept silent about their inner speculations. ;)

When I suspected, I immediately hoped for twins for them due to the earlier miscarriage. And to foil Harry's impulsive response, "Two maximum," to Jane Goodall in the 2019 British Vogue chat they had. LOL!

Last edited:
Remember back in Nov (?) when it was 60 something and she was in a parka and loose green top? I said then I thought she was trying to camouflage .

I think we have all been waiting for an announcement.

LaRae

Actually it was closer to 80 degrees Farhenheit that day, so the parka was am attempt to conceal IMO.

Congratulations! I was expecting an announcement sooner or later. I found the pics from Nov/Dec with the winter jacket quite suspicious (given the weather at that time), but never said anything because we can't speculate.

Anyway, I am glad everything is going well with this pregnancy. They look so in love and so happy. I'm glad for them. Based on that pic, she might be around 5 months...? Maybe close to 6 months? Be it April, May or June, this baby will be a Spring baby like Archie ;)

I wish them all the best, and I wish Meghan a safe delivery!

Last edited:
Actually it was closer to 80 degrees Farhenheit that day, so the parka was am attempt to conceal IMO.

It was reportedly in the 70s that day. I agree Meghan was being discreet, along with fashionable. Harry wore long sleeves, but definitely not a jacket. It's a different weather-related situation for him to get used to in L.A. Meghan seemed mostly bundled up for protection and discretion.

Meghan is maybe 4 to 5 months by now, judging from the picture. But we don't know.

Indeed @Pranter, the papped picture with M&H leaving that building in L.A., it definitely looked to me like the loose black top Meg was wearing under the bulky jacket was hiding a baby bump. I just think that due to the earlier miscarriage most people kept silent about their inner speculations. ;)

When I suspected, I immediately hoped for twins for them due to the earlier miscarriage. And to foil Harry's impulsive response, "Two maximum," to Jane Goodall in the 2019 British Vogue chat they had. LOL!

Well she is 40 ...Archie was a good sized baby, assuming this one will be too and Meghan is really petite (bone/frane) from what I hear so I figure she could be 4 to 6 months. If it were twins, mercy she will get huge!

:previous:

Meghan is 39. She will be 40 on August 4, 2021. Well after the birth of this baby. :heart2:

:heartflower:

Last edited:
WoooooW!

Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS!

To parents, big brother, grandparents and great-grandparents!:britflag2::usaflag:??????

It was reportedly in the 70s that day. I agree Meghan was being discreet, along with fashionable. Harry wore long sleeves, but definitely not a jacket. It's a different weather-related situation for him to get used to in L.A. Meghan seemed mostly bundled up for protection and discretion.
I and a few other posters live here so we can assure you that it was definitely closer to 80 degrees that day.? However I do agree with you that she chose the heavy parka for discretion.

Last edited:
Delighted for them, I wonder when we can expect the arrival... I think she is already far in her pregnancy !

What splendid news for Prince Harry and Meghan!

So the Queen will have three great grandchildren this year. SO far.

It was obvious when you take into consideration that Meghan chemically straightens her hair, and which you can't do when pregnant, There was loose short hairs at the top of her head that made it obvious she had not done any chemicals on her hair in awhile.
She also looked fuller.

I and a few other posters live here so we can assure you that it was definitely closer to 80 degrees that day.? However I do agree with you that she chose the heavy parka for discretion.

I lived in north CA and far colder areas, I can't imagine wearing a Farka even in a 65 degrees weather let alone near 80.
That was a very obvious bad concealment and very loose on the discretion - it was a clear: look here i'm pregnant, get up that celebs love to do.

Besides the fact that those pictures were taken two months ago! so she was probably barely showing!
If she really wanted to conceal and not start rumors she would have chosen a different coat. She lived 7 years in freezing temps, and I think I read somewhere that she once said she doesn't mind cold weather so much because she runs hot? Either way she was always dressed super thin in the UK when she was pregnant, and the temps then were far lower.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah that's nice you live in the same area as the Sussexes (L.A. or Santa Barbara). ?

BTW, the weather being in the 70s does not contradict being 'closer to 80 degrees.' Whether it was 77 or 78, or whatever. ;) You were replying to the poster who thought it was in the 60s. I wasn't contradicting you.

What wonderful news, I'm very happy for Meghan and Harry! It's a lovely photo, too.

Yes, the photo is quite lovely, probably taken on the grounds of their Montecito property. Articles say the photo was taken remotely by a photographer who is a 'longtime' friend, Misan Harriman. I wonder how it is done remotely. Anyway, Harriman also did some of the photo shoots for the cover of British Vogue's September 2020 issue:
https://www.vogue.co.uk/news/article/misan-harriman-vogue-cover

Here's an article about the baby announcement and the photo in Town and Country:
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a29500290/meghan-markle-pregnant-second-child/

Last edited:
Delightful news for the royal couple and baby Archie. Another Sussex crumb snatcher is on the way.

This is wonderful news for the couple. Hoping for the best of health for mother and child.

I am curious about the Victoria Arbiter tweet, "The family was told shortly before the announcement was made public." Told about that the announcement will be made or about the pregnancy itself? If the latter, that's quite a long time to not tell family...

This is wonderful news for the couple. Hoping for the best of health for mother and child.

I am curious about the Victoria Arbiter tweet, "The family was told shortly before the announcement was made public." Told about that the announcement will be made or about the pregnancy itself? If the latter, that's quite a long time to not tell family...

I took it that they informed the family of the pregnancy. After their miscarriage, I am not surprised they kept it to themselves. I suspect they only announced it now because it was becoming quite obvious and they likely wanted to reduce someone else revealing it before they were ready. Better they do it on their terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom