The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MsJulie,You actually posted something I find very disrespectful, hurtful, but also LAUGHABLE on a British Royal Website no less.

"The British Royal Family as the World knows it now, will probably COME TO AN END with Charles. William is a hothead who NEEDS TO GET HIMSELF UNDER CONTROL, or drama will continue. He will be the end of The Family. MOO ". .... Wow, just wow.

What about Charles fellow Monarchs *around* his age ? Are they also the last ? King Carl Gustaf of Sweden or Queen Margareth of Denmark ? Just wondering ? I follow them and their Families too, so it might be nice to have a heads up.

I certainly understand that The Wales and The Sussex's have their OWN fans, but to malign Prince William as a wild, out of control "hothead" that will be the downfall of The British Monarchy ? That is factually irresponsible and downright mean . In my opinion.

Last edited:
It is pretty ludicrous as William is cautious, has a temper but keeps it under control and its pretty unlikely that he will be hte end of the monarchy

MsJulie,You actually posted something I find very disrespectful, hurtful, but also LAUGHABLE on a British Royal Website no less.

"The British Royal Family as the World knows it now, will probably COME TO AN END with Charles. William is a hothead who NEEDS TO GET HIMSELF UNDER CONTROL, or drama will continue. He will be the end of The Family MOO ". .... Wow, just wow.

What about Charles fellow Monarchs *around* his age ? Are they also the last ? King Carl Gustaf of Sweden or Queen Margareth of Denmark ? Just wondering ? I follow them and their Families too, so it might be nice to have a heads up.

I certainly understand that The Wales and The Sussex's have their OWN fans, but to malign Prince William as a wild, out of control " hothead" that will be the downfall of The British Monarchy ? That is factually irresponsible and downright mean . In my opinion.

Not to mention that Prince William is actually the most popular member of the RF in the UK right now according to polls and way more popular than King Charles III himself.

The media, public, tabloids, and social media sites all contribute to continuing the saga. Megan and Harry could just stay silent and everyone would still continue stories, lies and fantasies just to have made up news.

I disagree.
I think it is perfectly possible for famous people to live privately; that is, provided they wish to.

Consider Pippa Middleton: the press used to follow her everywhere, she was photographed forty times a day at one point.

But she never created a fuss, she married and now lives quietly under the radar with her family. Proof it can be done.

My understanding was she had Cancer of the bones not sure the technical word that is why they would say mobility issues. It hurt to move around.

Thank you for the explanation. :flowers: I had a newborn around the time the Queen died, so I must have missed that.

Edit: thank you to everyone who answered my question.

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation. :flowers: I had a newborn around the time the Queen died, so I must have missed that.

Edit: thank you to everyone who answered my question.

It has never been confirmed that she had cancer, her death cert said Old Age.... and that is what I think it was, no specific illness but a lot of pain

I disagree.
I think it is perfectly possible for famous people to live privately; that is, provided they wish to.

Consider Pippa Middleton: the press used to follow her everywhere, she was photographed forty times a day at one point.

But she never created a fuss, she married and now lives quietly under the radar with her family. Proof it can be done.

Pippa Middleton didn’t grow up in the middle of arguably the most famous royal family in the world, the child of a Prince of Wales and his wife, whom the Press was obsessively interested in for most of her adult life. That interest continued in her sons as soon as they were teenagers.

Pippa was never a working royal, did not have a televised wedding nor were the births of her children publicised in the media. In other words her life was nothing like Prince Harry’s. Even today there is coverage as I write this about his attendance without his wife at his father’s Coronation.

Pippa Middleton didn’t grow up in the middle of arguably the most famous royal family in the world, the child of a Prince of Wales and his wife, whom the Press was obsessively interested in for most of her adult life. That interest continued in her sons as soon as they were teenagers.

Pippa was never a working royal, did not have a televised wedding nor were the births of her children publicised in the media. In other words her life was nothing like Prince Harry’s. Even today there is coverage as I write this about his attendance without his wife at his father’s Coronation.
And she didn’t badmouth her family and country in interviews, book and on netflix.

Instead of Pippa, I think the better comparisons are Caroline and Stephanie of Monaco who were pretty much everywhere in the 70's and 80's but still managed to live privately compared to Harry.

They can celebrate later. People do that all the time. I’m not surprised Harry is missing it. His dad’s coronation is a once in a lifetime event.

If it was that big of a thing- the kids could have come along- like they did when Lili’s birthday hit during the Jubilee.

I do wonder about the delayed response though. What happened BTS would probably be interesting.
I am wondering if the delayed response had anything to do with one or both of them wanting to do commentary on American TV………and not allowing that was part of BP’s negotiations.:whistling:

My point was that HRH The Duchess of Sussex gets the lion's share of the blame with regards to the couple's exit in spite not giving the lion's share of the criticism. Now that it's known that only HRH The Duke of Sussex is coming, reactions I've seen include:

Good, she can't distract the ceremony (in spite of her more critical and much more vocal husband still attending)

The family doesn't want to be around her anyway (I'm still waiting for someone to give me a particular instance of HRH The Duchess of Sussex saying something negative about any member of the BRF, whereas HRH The Duke of Sussex has done so about several family members and he's still going)

She's mad it's not all about her (Her husband literally wrote the book about how it's not all about him and, once again, he's still going)

HRH The Duchess of Sussex should rightfully be criticized for her own actions, but I have to call foul when she's blame for the majority of her husband's actions.

If I was going to be treated as the Jezebel for ruining my husband's relationship with his family when those problems long preceded my entering the family, I'd stay home too.
I agree that Harry has done the majority of criticizing; of late at least, she has kept quiet and he has blasted his family. It all started going south after the Oprah interview, however: and that was ALL Meghan.
I think Harry found someone who listened to his grievances, encouraged him in his complaints about being the spare, and was the catalyst for getting out. Not that Harry didn’t want to get out - I think he did - but I do believe also the reports about Meghan and Harry bullying the staff. They just saw/see themselves as more important than they really are.
If things continue the way they are now, the next time we’ll see Harry at a royal event will be at his father’s funeral, hopefully many years down the road. And when William is king, again, if things haven’t changed or improved, I don’t think we’ll see any of the Sussexes at any royal event. Period.
You reap what you sew.:ermm:

I agree that Harry has done the majority of criticizing; of late at least, she has kept quiet and he has blasted his family. It all started going south after the Oprah interview, however: and that was ALL Meghan.
I think Harry found someone who listened to his grievances, encouraged him in his complaints about being the spare, and was the catalyst for getting out. Not that Harry didn’t want to get out - I think he did - but I do believe also the reports about Meghan and Harry bullying the staff. They just saw/see themselves as more important than they really are.

This type of language puts the blame on Meghan, but as you said, Harry always wanted to get out. But people blame Meghan, hence the term "Meghanxit", which is very misogynist.

Also, why do you believe Meghan and Harry are bullies? Have you seen them bear their teeth at their staff on live TV over a pen, like King Charles? Are there any documented examples of their bullying behaviour or is it all based on hearsay?

For the past five years, everything has to be about these people. I don't know if it is us, the palace, the press, the PR agencies, or the couple. I wish we could just focus on the pageantry and history of the moment. I enjoy the soap operaness of the royals. but it may be nice to focus on the monarchy. Nothing personal to people posting here just venting.

I can't imagine after all the drama created by The Sussex's as to whether or not they would attend The Coronation, drawing it out with guessing games, (AND possible negotiations ) that there will be future invites to other events in future. Such as Trooping The Colour, Ascot or Balmoral Summer Holidays with Charles.

Harry might not care now, but perhaps as time passes, he might look back more fondly on his own cherished Summer escapades with his Father, Grandparents, Cousins and EVEN William at Balmoral.

Which sadly his own children won't experience. I find them to be the saddest in all this.
Not knowing their contemporaries.... Wales cousins, The Tindalls, or I'd bet Beatrice's daughter Sienna. Maybe just Eugenie's children that they will have dealings with.

On top of the witnessing the unbelievable heritage of their Father's Family .....like romping around Windsor Castle. Places ONLY FAMILY can access.
Seeing that rich Historical Culture. In person, first hand. Knowing that your Ancestors are behind it ! Archie and Lili are even descended from Ferdinand and Isabella, as well as Romanov Tsars thru Prince Philip. Not just their glorious British Monarches -Relations !

It just baffles me how it could have gone so wrong and blown up so spectacularly.

Truly rivaling The War Of The Roses or Game of Thrones. Simply unbelievable to me, who watched William and Harry since they were both born.

Last edited:
Well said Granada and Royalist.in.NC.
You've put things much better than I ever could.
I was waiting for an engagement with that lovely girl Cressida BONAS.
Colleagues have said whenever Meghan opens her mouth; someone gets a tongue-lashing.

This type of language puts the blame on Meghan, but as you said, Harry always wanted to get out. But people blame Meghan, hence the term "Meghanxit", which is very misogynist.

Also, why do you believe Meghan and Harry are bullies? Have you seen them bear their teeth at their staff on live TV over a pen, like King Charles? Are there any documented examples of their bullying behaviour or is it all based on hearsay?
I have not seen Charles baring his teeth at anyone, but I have seen Harry and Meghan telling a shedload of lies about his family.

For the past five years, everything has to be about these people. I don't know if it is us, the palace, the press, the PR agencies, or the couple. I wish we could just focus on the pageantry and history of the moment. I enjoy the soap operaness of the royals. but it may be nice to focus on the monarchy. Nothing personal to people posting here just venting.

I agree. It's the first Coronation for 70 years. Most people weren't even alive at the time of the last Coronation, and only people aged 75 and over will have any memory of it. It's a huge thing. I don't want to be thinking or hearing about Harry: it's not about him. The front pages of most of today's papers carry the news that Harry will be attending but Meghan won't. Now that we know that, I wish they'd just let it drop, and concentrate on Charles and Camilla.

Smart solution for both sides Hopefully we won't hear any "stories behind" in the second half of "Spare" or any other revealing interviews in the future. Afterall it's not them the focus of this event.

I have not seen Charles baring his teeth at anyone, but I have seen Harry and Meghan telling a shedload of lies about his family.

I've read Harry almost tearing up at finding his strong feminist Meghan, who's also so gentle and easily wounded by every mean look anyone gives her, weeping uncontrollably on the floor while their female staff wept uncontrollably at every constructive criticism the pair gave them. That's what he wrote in Spare.

Any unbiased person would see this as double standards and implicit attempt to justify bullying of staff.

Documented complaints from former employees, several of whom are named, and the fact that there was an investigation that Harry begged to have suppressed don't qualify as hearsay.

Charles is actually famous for being somewhat difficult to work for — yet no one has claimed Harry and Meghan are any better. Many have claimed they are far worse.

I suspect had the Sussexes been able to brand their own exit as catchily and thus have control, they would not care what it was called or if Meghan's name was used. "Misogynist" reeks of straw feminism.

Last edited:
Archie and Lili are even descended from Ferdinand and Isabella, as well as Romanov Tsars thru Prince Philip. Not just their glorious British Monarches -Relations !

If I am not mistaken, all current reigning European monarchs are descendants of Ferdinand and Isabella via their great-granddaughter Archduchess Maria of Austria, who, in turn, is an ancestor of Marie Louise of Hesse-Kassel, wife of John William Friso, Prince of Orange.

Archduchess Maria of Austria was also, again if I am not mistaken, the most recent Habsburg ancestor of Queen Elizabeth II.

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan don't have enough knowledge about the coronation to provide a real running commentary on them in the way we see in the UK (I imagine US network are less bothered about specific details, who is who, the history etc). More likely they'd offer an interview to a network to run before / after the coronation to make most of the publicity. I'm not saying they will,, just I can't see Meghan sitting in a studio commenting for hours on end when she can earn just as much for another hour long sit down.

I do wonder whether the couple will stay quiet and just let the coronation and Archie's birthday unfold in peace, or whether they'll be giving more interviews before / after it.

I can't imagine after all the drama created by The Sussex's as to whether or not they would attend The Coronation, drawing it out with guessing games, (AND possible negotiations ) that there will be future invites to other events in future. Such as Trooping The Colour, Ascot or Balmoral Summer Holidays with Charles.

Harry might not care now, but perhaps as time passes, he might look back more fondly on his own cherished Summer escapades with his Father, Grandparents, Cousins and EVEN William at Balmoral.

Which sadly his own children won't experience. I find them to be the saddest in all this.
Not knowing their contemporaries.... Wales cousins, The Tindalls, or I'd bet Beatrice's daughter Sienna. Maybe just Eugenie's children that they will have dealings with.

On top of the witnessing the unbelievable heritage of their Father's Family .....like romping around Windsor Castle. Places ONLY FAMILY can access.
Seeing that rich Historical Culture. In person, first hand. Knowing that your Ancestors are behind it ! Archie and Lili are even descended from Ferdinand and Isabella, as well as Romanov Tsars thru Prince Philip. Not just their glorious British Monarches -Relations !

It just baffles me how it could have gone so wrong and blown up so spectacularly.

Truly rivaling The War Of The Roses or Game of Thrones. Simply unbelievable to me, who watched William and Harry since they were both born.
I doubt Harry knows who they are (those ancestors), he probably doesn’t even know of Queen Mary. He doesn’t care about tradition or history

Mbruno, yes you are correct, even Prince Albert of Monaco is.

I just think of all those 'game changing' monarchs of the past and their far reaching effects on the World that STILL reverberate today. I did chuckle though when Harry erroneously referenced in Spare that one of his Great Grandfather times ten ( I think ) was King Henry Vl.

Factually wrong, Again. His line died out.

King Henry Vl had one child, a son, Prince Edward, who was killed during the War of the Roses at The Battle of Tewkesbury, probably by his own kinsman.

I bet many of us here would have been better fact checkers than whoever Spare Publishers hired......LOL.

Last edited:

I believe it because they seem unable to keep any staff.
Their employees were always quitting, some within a week or two.

That seems to indicate a problem, IMO.

"Meghan is 'plotting big-money comeback' with books, 'feel-good' TV and The Tig wellness rebrand".

Allegedly, according to the Daily Mail; after the Coronation is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
The law that gives the Monarch custody over his grandchildren is tragic and obsolete to say the least and no way would it ever stand up in a court today.

There isn't any such law. :flowers: The myth that the monarch has custody over all their grandchildren appears to originate from a misreading of a 1717 court ruling on a dispute between King George I and the Prince of Wales (the future King George II) over the Wales children, and to be honest it is disappointing that "royal experts" and reporters who ought to know better have repeated the myth.

Here in the UK where it all happened, this is the first time I've ever heard the expression "Meghanxit". "Megxit" - yes.

For anyone who isn't aware "Megxit" is inspired by the word "Brexit", which was coined here in the UK when its population narrowly voted in favour of leaving the EU in 2016 (if anyone's curious I voted to remain but that's not relevant here). Speaking as a female, I do not consider "Megxit" to be misogynistic in the slightest; it's just simple shorthand.

Also I think if Harry hadn't met Meghan he would in all likelihood still be an active and functioning part of the Royal family, so it's understandable that people hold her responsible. He may have fantasised or perhaps given some solid consideration about leaving before, but didn't choose to do so by himself. Perhaps because despite the downsides he wasn't really serious about it. I recall the many times seeing William and Harry together both with and without Kate where they presented as genuinely close, happy and united brothers. Perhaps he didn't really hate being part of the "the Institution" until he met Meghan.

So now we have an estranged son jetting in for another last to arrive/first to leave flying visit, having alienated pretty much his entire family, saddest of all his understandably furious and badly hurt brother to whom he was once so close, while his children are missing being part - however limited by their age - of a unique and momentous historic occasion. Or even the chance to see their Grandad who won't be around forever. Which I think is heartbreaking. Their parents clearly didn't learn anything from declining to visit the Queen in August.

A four year old won't remember a birthday party, but he might just remember the Coronation; and there would have been photos of the occasion, even behind the scenes, that would have shown that they were a part of such an amazing occasion, that they were there!

Unfortunately none of that is as important as sulking, bearing a grudge and stubbornly clinging on to victimhood, or making money out of the whole messy business. No doubt the version of how to explain their absence to the children when they are older has already been carefully thought out, and I'm sure it will be made very clear to them that their parents weren't to blame, it was everyone else's fault instead.

Yet however it's dressed up, I'm afraid the responsibility for all of this lies firmly at Harry and Meghan's door. Simply put: they blew it. Big time.

It's very sad.

All MOO.

Last edited:
Here in the UK where it all happened, this is the first time I've ever heard the expression "Meghanxit". "Megxit" - yes.

For anyone who isn't aware "Megxit" is inspired by the word "Brexit", which was coined here in the UK when it's population narrowly voted in favour of leaving the EU in 2016 (if anyone's curious I voted to remain but that's not relevant here). Speaking as a female, I do not consider "Megxit" to be misogynistic in the slightest; it's just simple shorthand.

Also I think if Harry hadn't met Meghan he would in all likelihood still be an active and functioning part of the Royal family, so it's understandable that people hold her responsible. He may have fantasised or perhaps given some solid consideration about leaving before, but didn't choose to do so by himself. Perhaps because despite the downsides he wasn't really serious about it. I recall the many times seeing William and Harry together both with and without Kate where they presented as genuinely close, happy and united brothers. Perhaps he didn't really hate being part of the "the Institution" until he met Meghan.

So now we have an estranged son jetting in for another last to arrive/first to leave flying visit, having alienated pretty much his entire family, saddest of all his understandably furious and badly hurt brother to whom he was once so close, while his children are missing being part - however limited by their age - of a unique and momentous historic occasion. Or even the chance to see their Grandad who won't be around forever. Which I think is heartbreaking. Their parents clearly didn't learn anything from declining to visit the Queen in August.

A four year old won't remember a birthday party, but he might just remember the Coronation; and there would have been photos of the occasion, even behind the scenes, that would have shown that they were a part of such an amazing occasion, that they were there!

Unfortunately none of that is as important as sulking, bearing a grudge and stubbornly clinging on to victimhood, or making money out of the whole messy business. No doubt the version of how to explain their absence to the children when they are older has already been carefully thought out, and I'm sure it will be made very clear to them that their parents weren't to blame, it was everyone else's fault instead.

Yet however it's dressed up, I'm afraid the responsibility for all of this lies firmly at Harry and Meghan's door. Simply put: they blew it. Big time.

It's very sad.

All MOO.
Wow, this is so well written! It is very, very sad for Archie and Lili. When they are adults who can discern things for themselves, I do wonder what they’ll think then. Extremely shortsighted of the Sussexes - they have certainly blown it IMO too! :sad:

Shady Lady, great comment. That is exactly how I feel.

Edit.

I also feel Meghan had two reasons for not attending The Coronation.

One, the South Park "Worldwide Privacy Tour" Skit .....STUNG, daresay BIT the thin skinned Sussex's hard. Especially Meghan.
It really was something they never expected. And wow, it resonated big time in The States. On top of Jimmy Fallon, Chris Rock and Seth Meyers mocking them too.

I don't think Meghan wanted to put herself out there again, with a chance to be ridiculed and laughed at as a hypocrite. I actually think that was a wise decision. And I'm happy for the Royal Family that any drama and uncomfortableness of having her there is removed.

Second, what was the delay about The RSVP ? I still believe that there was some negotiations about something that mattered to Harry and Meghan. I've read reports about Sussex concerns where *They* would be seated and how they would file in Procession to The Abbey. Probably, but I'm betting there was more.......

I also firmly believe, based on reports, they wanted *some* acknowledgement of Archie at The Coronation. I think that was near and dear to their hearts.

His Title, or previous lack thereof, has been a GIANT bone of contention with them since before he was born. What they wanted regarding him there, I have no idea. But I think the status obsessed Sussex's wanted something for him, Charles "other" Grandson.

For the History Books.....to be pictured as being a part of...to be featured in further Documentary's about King Charles lll Coronation. Camilla's grandchildren ARE having a role, The Wales Kids will be in a Carriage and George will be a Page of Honour. For Camilla 's kids to get this prestigious spot at The Coronation, yet nothing, NOTHING for "Prince Archie" envisioned by The Firm and Institution ? How do you think that went down in Montecito ?

Im sure The Sussex's wanted something similar to then Prince Charles briefly appearing at his Mother's Coronation. But it wasn't to be.

But rest assure, whatever the reasoning or back story is, The Sussex's will fill us in soon, from their perspective. In detail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom