The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 7: Oct. 2022 - Apr. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across a video of them celebrating the birthday of their daughter. Wonder how that video got out? Plus his Spencer aunts came for Lili’s christening.

I’m also very baffled by this lawsuit and curious to how it goes, because it doesn’t appear to me that Harry has a strong case. Additionally, information like Harry not agreeing to notify the home office a month in advance of return trips to the U.K. so security can be arranged just make him look petulant and entitled. He seems to only want the exact same security he had as a senior working royal and nothing else will do.

Well, according to this:
Prince Harry was asked to give a month's notice before making a trip to the UK

Archive

(...)

The Duke’s lawyers say that the requirement to give 28 days notice of a visit, during which a case by case decision would be made by RAVEC whether to provide him with security, creates uncertainty and could threaten his safety.

They state: “It hinders their ability to plan for and manage his security arrangements; may lead to [the Duke’s] actual arrangements being inadequate and compromise his ultimate security.”

Prince Harry’s legal team cite as an example the Diana memorial events visit, claiming that his security team did not have time to strengthen the proposed security plan.

They say that during a WellChild Awards charity event on July 3, 2021, following the Diana memorial visit, Prince Harry’s car was “interdicted by paparazzi . . . needlessly placing the Duke of Sussex in a dangerous situation”.

(...)

You would think that 28 days notice means having enough time to arrange things so I also honestly don't understand what he means by "creates uncertainty and could threaten his safety" because "hinders their ability to plan for and manage his security arrangements". So does it mean he no longer want Met security and everything would be covered by his privately hired security? What's the point of judicial review then? Or, just like how HO should know about his offer to pay without him informing them, somehow they should also know about his every visit to the UK then make proper arrangement without any information from him? Not just petulant, but sounds like he has communication problem. Communication is two way, but it's like he expects people around him to be mind readers catering whatever he wants.

And again, his example of security "threats" is basically couple of photographers. Since when people need armed officers to "protect" them from photographers. Are British photographers really that dangerous now?

I came across a video of them celebrating the birthday of their daughter. Wonder how that video got out? Plus his Spencer aunts came for Lili’s christening.

Well it's good to hear he's keeping in touch with his Spencer aunts, sometimes i worry that H&M are alienating everyone from their past, but fortunately that seems to be not the case

And again, his example of security "threats" is basically couple of photographers. Since when people need armed officers to "protect" them from photographers. Are British photographers really that dangerous now?

My take from H&M's utterings over the past years, they indeed seem to put 'British paparazzi' on the same level as 'terrorists'.
I'd hope that with therapy, Harry will get a more balanced view of the world, but until now he doesn't seem to be there yet.

I would also hope H&M would get staff to help them forward, and not just affirm their current worldview :flowers:

Well it's good to hear he's keeping in touch with his Spencer aunts, sometimes i worry that H&M are alienating everyone from their past, but fortunately that seems to be not the case
But I wonder who put the video out? I wonder how they feel about all this?

Harry claimed in the interview about the book that he and Meghan fled "in fear of our lives" ... presumably meaning from photographers. As Lee-Z said, he really hasn't got a very balanced view of the world.

:previous: I seem to remember that his security was removed as he was no longer a working royal, What a crock, the Protective Service, when pressed, admitted that there had been no lessening of the threat level to the Sussexes when the PO's were removed as they were still receiving threats.

Some threats were:
  1. Threats to Harry's life accusing him of being a race traitor.
  2. Threats to Meghan's life because she had seduced him away from this duty
  3. Threats to Archies life as he was a racial abomination.
I can only assume Lilibet is or will be in the same boat. Worse, if there is one thing that you can rely on it is that fanatics do not mellow with age.

Last edited:
:previous: I seem to remember that his security was removed as he was no longer a working royal, What a crock, the Protective Service, when pressed, admitted that there had been no lessening of the threat level to the Sussexes when the PO's were removed as they were still receiving threats.

Some threats were:
I can only assume Lilibet is or will be in the same boat. Worse, if there is one thing that you can rely on it is that fanatics do not mellow with age.
And yet when providing substantiation of the threat Harry is seeking protection from, Harry and his legal team detail an incident (was there more than one?) involving the paparazzi.

Some threats were:

I believe this topic has been discussed before.

My understanding is that, if there had been a credible threat or clear and imminent danger, security would have been provided by the Met Police.

Probably the threat was assessed at the time as not credible.

Lots of people actually receive threats on a regular basis, but the Police cannot offer 24/7 armed protection to all of them.

I believe this topic has been discussed before.

My understanding is that, if there had been a credible threat or clear and imminent danger, security would have been provided by the Met Police.

Probably the threat was assessed at the time as not credible.

Lots of people actually receive threats on a regular basis, but the Police cannot offer 24/7 armed protection to all of them.

My take is there is a real danger for the Sussex couple if they move around the UK, or anywhere in the USA freely:

1. The celebrity stalkers - people fixated with them, against them or obsessed into one and not the other. My opinion: this could be caused by the over exposure they created around themselves.

2. The people or groups with an agenda - Terrorist groups are not too happy on the language the duke used to refer to his military service. I've seen commentary of the two veterans in YouTube's The Behavioral Panel and both mention war veterans never mention what they did or had to do, like some honor code to respect the opposite soldiers. Much less gloat or demean enemy combatants. Harry wrote about it, narrated it and commented it also on interviews. This was not a good move and put himself and family at risk by provoking them.

Summary, they do need protection and the problem is who covers the bill? They have enough money to cover it as an expense that possibly can be deducted as a work-related tax matter. But both need to stop making any comments that could trigger reactions of the worst kind from celebrity stalkers or worst, militant terrorists.

Last edited:
:previous: what's intersting to me here is that point 2. is to do with what Harry said about his military service, but afaik what he said about that is fairly recent (starting with Spare?), and nobody asked him to disclose that, so he volunteered these stories himself.
If that hightened his security risk, that was not a smart thing to do, right?
Or does he feel safe saying those things as long as he isn't in GB itself?
(Or did he not really think about how what he was saying affected other people and just spilt is as 'his truth')?

:previous:
(Or did he not really think about how what he was saying affected other people and just spilt is as 'his truth')?

It's the last part that I quoted you. He does not think about possible consequences of his blabbering. That's it. It never occurred to him at all that anything he said in that book would create any sort of problems for himself whatsoever.

Last edited:
MARG, Very interesting that you bring this topic up.
Harry and Meghan in their rush to "flee" the UK never thought long term, or actually short term, about ANYTHING practical. They pulled the plug. Left. Their decision, their timeline.

They foolishly and crazily assumed Charles would continue to fund their exorbitant lifestyle, until the covert deals they had in the pipeline came to fruition, anyways. AND the UK taxpayers would ALWAYS pay for their multi million Security costs. What a complete simpleton Harry was to think that would happen !

Harry has himself greatly fanned the flames of compromising his and his Family's safety with his foolish comments in his Book about The Taliban. Dehumanizing them, referring to them as chess pieces that needed to be eliminated. Simply unbelievable and dangerous. And.... its all on him.

Especially now where We in the States were told JUST last week, by US Central Command testifying before Congress that ISIS in Afghanistan is six months away from launching attacks, "external operations" at the US or Western Allies. With little or no warning.

Afghanistan. Where Harry served. Where he recounted his "kills".

That's why there was such a bitter outcry from Soldiers, Veterans and Military leaders denouncing Harry after he included that foolish brag in his Book.
He put them at risk too.

And I completely agree with your spot on comment that "fanatics do not mellow with age". Especially Terrorists.

Last edited:
:previous: what's intersting to me here is that point 2. is to do with what Harry said about his military service, but afaik what he said about that is fairly recent (starting with Spare?), and nobody asked him to disclose that, so he volunteered these stories himself.
If that hightened his security risk, that was not a smart thing to do, right?
Or does he feel safe saying those things as long as he isn't in GB itself?

I am still amazed that he chose to share the count of how many people he killed in the book. He could have acknowledged that he did indeed kill Taliban fighters without giving a precise number.

MARG, Very interesting that you bring this topic up.
Harry and Meghan in their rush to "flee" the UK never thought long term, or actually short term, about ANYTHING practical. They pulled the plug. Left. Their decision, their timeline.

They foolishly and crazily assumed Charles would continue to fund their exorbitant lifestyle, until the covert deals they had in the pipeline came to fruition, anyways. AND the UK taxpayers would ALWAYS pay for their multi million Security costs. What a complete simpleton Harry was to think that would happen !

Harry has himself greatly fanned the flames of compromising his and his Family's safety with his foolish comments in his Book about The Taliban. Dehumanizing them, referring to them as chess pieces that needed to be eliminated. Simply unbelievable and dangerous. And.... its all on him.

Especially now where We in the States were told JUST last week, by US Central Command testifying before Congress that ISIS in Afghanistan is six months away from launching attacks, "external operations" at the US or Western Allies. With little or no warning.

Afghanistan. Where Harry served. Where he recounted his "kills".

That's why there was such a bitter outcry from Soldiers, Veterans and Military leaders denouncing Harry after he included that foolish brag in his Book.
He put them at risk too.

And I completely agree with your spot on comment that "fanatics do not mellow with age". Especially Terrorists.

They never thought about anything at all.

Does nobody think it is odd that Harry was well boasting about being a combat soldier, yet he claims to be afraid when Will raised his voice to him?

Does nobody think it is odd that Harry was well boasting about being a combat soldier, yet he claims to be afraid when Will raised his voice to him?

That was either staged to make William look like the bully or edited by a third party for pure shock value. What was conveniently left out was what did he say or do, verbal or body language into William's personal space, for his older brother to cause such reaction? Pushing someone off your personal space is the extreme reaction to just walking away or turning his back on Harry. Who cornered whom would be the best question to ask him.

Re the bragging on taking the life of other people like chess pieces, this was his worst at dehumanizing people involved on both sides. His concerns about safety are real but he fails to comprehend he put Meghan and the kids at risk in the UK and the USA. Not to mention the safety anyone near them in a public event in the USA.

And no, a title can't get you security paid by taxpayers since he is not a working royal representing the nation and his father the king.

I have no idea how this is going to end. He triggered with his comment strong reactions and thus, the need for security 24/7.

Last edited:
That wasn't really what I meant. I meant does anyone think it is odd that he can apparently face combat, yet is scared of his older brother raising his voice?

That wasn't really what I meant. I meant does anyone think it is odd that he can apparently face combat, yet is scared of his older brother raising his voice?

? I was explaining what situation, in my experience working with people and (office) situations that escalated to work violence, I need to know what was not mentioned by him. What did he say to cause such reaction?

RE
...does anyone think it is odd that he can apparently face combat, yet is scared of his older brother raising his voice?

No. :cool:

In other news...
The Archwell Foundation assisted people affected by the flooding in Nigeria 15 weeks ago. I don't know if it was mentioned here so here's the link.
I'm also surprised there are no other recent news in their official Instagram listed since then like the awards in Boston.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClhDZakMud2/

In response to the catastrophic flooding in Nigeria, which has displaced over one million people, destroyed homes and farmland, and taken the lives of hundreds, Archewell Foundation has worked to urgently meet this climate disaster and humanitarian crisis. To provide this vital support, Archewell Foundation has donated to Save the Children and UNICEF Nigeria – two organizations providing help and medical support to those who have been displaced or affected by the floods.

In other news...
The Archwell Foundation assisted people affected by the flooding in Nigeria 15 weeks ago. I don't know if it was mentioned here so here's the link.
I'm also surprised there are no other recent news in their official Instagram listed since then like the awards in Boston.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClhDZakMud2/

In response to the catastrophic flooding in Nigeria, which has displaced over one million people, destroyed homes and farmland, and taken the lives of hundreds, Archewell Foundation has worked to urgently meet this climate disaster and humanitarian crisis. To provide this vital support, Archewell Foundation has donated to Save the Children and UNICEF Nigeria – two organizations providing help and medical support to those who have been displaced or affected by the floods.
Maybe I am misunderstanding your post but the Instagram account you linked is not their official Instagram. Does Archewell have an official Instagram or other social media?

ETA:
Description of Instagram account:

Archewell by Harry and Meghan
Information fan page of non-profit organization by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex: foundation, productions, audio

Last edited:
To be honest, if I was Harry and Meghan I would be more worried about Security while he, or his Family is out and about in The USA. On a beach jaunt in Montecito or on say school run to get Archie. Especially now where there seems to be credible information that ISIS has reconstituted itself and making "plans". As we Americans were informed last week.

Harry certainly rattled that dangerous hornets nest in "Spare". So foolish.

Not his ridiculous lawsuit in the UK for Royal Police Protection, while visiting. I always thought that was more about face saving and his "perceived" status. Because impulsive Harry never imagined that he would lose it when he quit. His "job", his duties AND his life in the UK.

You know, in his quest for "Finding Freedom " !
In Harry's mind he IS still a top notch Royal. He deserves RPO, its his royal "birthright". Something he and Meghan obsess about. For them, and now Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet Diana.

At least when they are not busy trashing, demeaning or insulting "The Institution" or The Royal Family, which isn't too often. In Books, Docu-series or Interviews.

Personally I hope they are kept to a very low profile in The Coronation. I honestly don't know what to make of the many articles that say the Sussex's are "negotiating" with Charles and I assume his Team, as to whether they appear. Why ? Is this about the Children having a part ? Some public appearance for The History Books-Video ? That would be my bet.
Got to get that invaluable Royal Stardust sprinkled on them too.

Your 4 year old son and nearly 2 year old daughter don't really know ANYONE ( Eugenie ?) and would be intimidated in a strange place. Camera's and Crowds. For very sheltered little kids.
What a conundrum for The Sussex's.

You were invited. Come or dont, especially after all the lies, allegations and drama you two have caused since the fall of 2019.

Beyond ridiculous now.

Last edited:
Maybe I am misunderstanding your post but the Instagram account you linked is not their official Instagram. Does Archewell have an official Instagram or other social media?

ETA:
Description of Instagram account:

Thanks for the clue! :flowers:
I typed on the search engine Archwell Foundation and this site came up:
https://www.instagram.com/archewell_hm/

Is it real? I noticed now the letters _hm follow the name but this Instagram account tags you back to https://archewell.com/ ???

Now the questions arise on who is running the account not mentioned in any section of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archewell nor the website? A social media managing team would link all news and updates at the same time in all social media accounts, and be vigilant on fan accounts too. It's their job. Even if most of the Archwell team quit, you can outsource these tasks out so all social media is in synchronization.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clue! :flowers:
I typed on the search engine Archwell Foundation and this site came up:
https://www.instagram.com/archewell_hm/

Is it real? I noticed now the letters _hm follow the name.
I posted the description (as an ETA) in my previous post.
Archewell by Harry and Meghan
Information fan page of non-profit organization by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex: foundation, productions, audio

From the Daily Beast -

Harry and Meghan’s rent mystery explained

Remember all the fuss about Harry and Meghan getting evicted from Frogmore cottage? Remember the close friend who told Omid Scobie that it was outrageous because it wasn’t just a “random rental?”

Well, it turns out it really wasn’t your typical rental as the couple didn’t actually hand over any rent on the cottage (at least not as most ordinary mortals understand the term, as a regular payment) for over two years.

Instead, after grandly announcing they wanted to refund a £2.4 million ($2.9 million) bill paid by the British taxpayer for the refurbishment of the property, the cost of those renovations was taken as “rent in lieu,” and the Sussexes simply stopped paying rent after five months.

The Royalist is no mathematician, but that looks rather like they actually refunded the treasury $2.9 million minus the cost of the rent, estimated by the Mail on Sunday to be a cool £690,000 ($820,000). Now we understand why they are so annoyed about being kicked out of the unbelievably valuable property!

(Not sure if this post is allowed, so please delete if not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom