The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 6: Aug. 2021- Oct. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say for sure if he can afford to pay that caliber of firm indefinitely. but if he is willing to pay the legal fees needed to take action against the Home Office and the Met Police, and if he prevails, is willing to pay for Met Police protection, then presumably he has the means in the short-term.

Yes, I suppose that’s true. I guess, like a lot of Harry’s actions, the fight over Metropolitan Police protection doesn’t make sense to me, especially if he does have the money to pay for a decent alternative. So many people who are higher risk targets than the Sussexes travel to and from the UK with their own security teams. I’m sure the police have well established practices for passing on any relevant security concerns. I can understand Harry being nervous because the security situation isn’t the same as what he’s known all his life, but I do think there are better and easier ways to get what he needs here than involving the courts.

As forwarded to us by winifred:

winifred said:
Harry and Meghan will be in the UK on September 5 for the "One Young World Summit, an event which brings together young leaders from more than 190 countries, on September 5.

The Duchess of Sussex is a counsellor for the organisation, alongside Justin Trudeau, Sir Richard Branson, and Jamie Oliver, among others.

They will then head to Germany for the Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023 One Year to Go event, before returning to the UK for the WellChild Awards on September 8."

Source: Daily Mirror online.

Looking forward to reading about the attendance at the One Young World Summit. Also Germany for the Invictus event and WellChild is always moving, a cause close to Harry’s heart. Wonder whether Archie and Lili will go with them.

Last edited:
So he can come without the security. Because it won't be applied outside of royal appearances?

Doesn't that undermine the point?

I hope they have a good time at the events.

So he can come without the security. Because it won't be applied outside of royal appearances?

Doesn't that undermine the point?

I hope they have a good time at the events.

Is that what was said, I understood it to be each visit would be assessed individually, I didn’t think anything was said about Royal Appearances only but I could be wrong. There is so much reported it is sometimes difficult to separate speculation from fact.

Isn’t the security case pencilled in to be completed one way or another by the end of this month? I’m sure I read somewhere that it was.

Isn’t the security case pencilled in to be completed one way or another by the end of this month? I’m sure I read somewhere that it was.

Sometime in September, I don’t remember when exactly.

This is what the One Young World Summit's website says:

The One Young World 2022 Manchester Summit will be held at various venues across the city.

The Opening Ceremony will be held in the internationally renowned concert venue, Bridgewater Hall, home of the Hallé Orchestra. Digital Delegates will be able to join us on our Digital Platform.

Our Delegates and special guests will spend a transformative three days at the award-winning and iconic venue of Manchester Central, for a variety of speeches, panels, workshops and networking events.

Manchester Central is an award-winning venue in the heart of one of Europe's most vibrant cities; its vaulted arches and station clock have made the venue an iconic city feature for more than 140 years. Located in the heart of Manchester, a city bursting with character, the venue is surrounded by a vibrant cultural and social scene.

Evening social programmes will take place at a selection of Manchester venues, showcasing the thriving food and drink scene Manchester has to offer.

https://www.oneyoungworld.com/summit-2022

It says that counsellors and guest speakers are selected by the Board of Trustees, but doesn't name any names. I assume that there'll be some sort of police/security presence there, as there would be at any event with a large number of people.

Last edited:
Is that what was said, I understood it to be each visit would be assessed individually, I didn’t think anything was said about Royal Appearances only but I could be wrong. There is so much reported it is sometimes difficult to separate speculation from fact.

I thought he only received it when appearing with the family and obviously staying on garded complexes. I thought he was upset about being chased by paparazzi at a private appearance last summer? Although I have since heard case by case

Either way the event in Manchester will have immense security. Its just the other one I guess.

Anyway it doesn't matter. I hope they have fun.

I do also find it noteworthy that it is only his grandmother, father and brother who get round the clock protection. Harry would have eventually had to pay privately if he wanted it anyway.

They still don't attend school, so they can go :flowers:

I would say it depends on the amount of time they plan o staying. Dragging them for 3 or 4 days wouldn't really be worth it.

Query if Harry & Meghan will be visiting HM on this trip?

To be decided - no announcement there yet.

The Queen is scheduled to be in London on September 6 to meet the new British PM (Sunak or Truss), so they wouldn't even have to go to Balmoral to see her. Assuming she has the time, of course.

I would say it depends on the amount of time they plan o staying. Dragging them for 3 or 4 days wouldn't really be worth it.

But we have to take also Queen's age for consideration:sad:

But we have to take also Queen's age for consideration:sad:

There was/is plenty of time to see her for two months this summer. Easter, Christmas and any other time. They don't use children in school and don't have office work commitments. They could come to see her whenever they want.

I hope for her sake that they're able to see her whilst they're here, especially if she's going to be in London which is only 200 miles from Manchester.

I hope for her sake that they're able to see her whilst they're here, especially if she's going to be in London which is only 200 miles from Manchester.

If you are suggesting a meeting from the Queen's perspective, given all that has gone on, I am not that sure that the Queen will be that keen to see H&M.

Last edited:
There was/is plenty of time to see her for two months this summer. Easter, Christmas and any other time. They don't use children in school and don't have office work commitments. They could come to see her whenever they want.
Exactly they are completely free !

They're planning a vow renewal, according to "a source".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertain...-ceremony/ar-AA10N674?ocid=UE01DHP&li=AAnZ9Ug

Speaking to Heat, the source reportedly said: "They're looking at various venues and figuring out the type of ceremony they want, as well as how many guests to invite.

"Meghan's mum Doria will be on the list, but she'll be the only family member.

I rather have doubts about this ~ if they’re planning anything, I would think it might be a christening service for Lilibet.

I rather have doubts about this ~ if they’re planning anything, I would think it might be a christening service for Lilibet.

That would indeed make much more sense.

Which couple would need another ceremony to confirm their commitment to each other (as they already did twice; at their wedding and a few days prior)? You need to be either rather unsure or needy to do so - especially so shortly after marriage. It's not like they are celebrating their silver anniversary or so...

That would indeed make much more sense.

Which couple would need another ceremony to confirm their commitment to each other (as they already did twice; at their wedding and a few days prior)? You need to be either rather unsure or needy to do so - especially so shortly after marriage. It's not like they are celebrating their silver anniversary or so...

If the speculation turns out to be true (and I doubt that it is true):ermm: then possibly it's content for Netflix? However that seems a bit far fetched IMO.

I agree that the next celebration that the couple would be planning is their daughter's christening.

With regard to Harry’s recent three day trip to Mozambique it was to do with his work with African Parks.

A spokesperson for Harry said his visit was in his role as president of conservation NGO African Parks.

?They added that the Duke welcomed and co-hosted a group of US officials, conservationists, and philanthropists to tour protected wildlife and nature areas.

Harry is not thought to have been joined by his wife for the trip to the African nation.

According to the Instagram account @moz_paparazzi, he viewed tourist attractions with friends and spoke with the President of the Tourism Association in the area Yassin Amuji during his visit.?

I’m sure he did an excellent job co-hosting these visitors.

If the speculation turns out to be true (and I doubt that it is true):ermm: then possibly it's content for Netflix? However that seems a bit far fetched IMO.

I don't think it is that far fetched. They can't have their daughter's christening on Netflix, especially if the Prince of Wales and/or the Queen are in attendance. But they can share a "vow renewal" ceremony, especially if the Royal Family is not invited, which is what has been suggested.

That is nice. Really curious that this trip has gotten zero exposure. Intentional do you think? I mean the whole.point is exposure.

I'm not sure what more "exposure" you think is missing? It was reported.

I think the reason it has not received exposure is that he is with Senators and House of representative officials. They are providing the security and probably have said that prewarning's and drip feeding of the press was not allowed in this case. I would think if anyone had leaked it - the tour would have been pulled and Harry needs this footage and this networking. So I expect them to play along here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom