The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 5: June-July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time that remark was reportedly made, Harry was rapidly careening towards marriage to someone he'd been dating for less than a year, who had never lived in the UK, and with whom Harry had never lived in the same country or even on the same continent. Suggesting he slow down wasn't interfering, it was common sense. Harry didn't listen, and by Meghan's own account, she suffered tremendously due to having no idea what she was getting into. (And somehow that's everyone's fault except Harry's, which I've never quite understood.)

I have to agree with you UglyAmerican. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle obviously wanted to start a family as quickly as possible, but their actual time together in the UK was of a very short duration. Meghan had very little time to adapt to a new country, a new husband and a rather different way of life in the months before their wedding.

Prince William's wise words were certainly not an act of interference but a kind suggestion to take some time before Meghan would have to completely alter her life.

They did date for two years to be fair. I notice no complaints about Beatrice dating a man who recently broke up with his fiancee who had his baby.
Sandy345- There are noticeable differences between Edo/ Beatrice and Harry/Meghan. One is that the former had known each other and been family friends for many years. Also Edo unlike Meghan was born and raised in the UK so he understood British culture and had his whole life based in the UK while Meghan was going to have to make major adjustments to living in a new country. Finally nor was he expected to be performing royal duties and adapting to that very different way of life.

Last edited:
I don't think it wise of siblings to give unwanted advice. How is it known how "wise" they were? He should have stayed out of it. Harry never apparently "advised" him about Kate and welcomed Kate to the family. I think William and Harry have had their differences over the years and it was not always clear sailing. He may not have said it in a "kind" way, William is not perfect himself. Robert Lacey wrote about the brothers and discovered that William went to Charles Spencer to help "persuade" Harry to "slow down." I don't think that was a wise thing for William to do. He is not head of the household but a brother two years older. I disagree that the words were "wise" or "kind." Harry knows his brother very well and probably saw the nuances of the "advice" better than anybody. And again, Harry was in his thirties not a 19 year old planning to elope with his girlfriend. He and Meghan DID date for two years. It is never a good idea for a brother to try to come between a couple with unwanted advice.

Last edited:
I don't think it wise of siblings to give unwanted advice. How is it known how "wise" they were? He should have stayed out of it. Harry never apparently "advised" him about Kate and welcomed Kate to the family. I think William and Harry have had their differences over the years and it was not always clear sailing. He may not have said it in a "kind" way, William is not perfect himself. Robert Lacey wrote about the brothers and discovered that William went to Charles Spencer to help "persuade" Harry to "slow down." I don't think that was a wise thing for William to do. He is not head of the household but a brother two years older. I disagree that the words were "wise" or "kind." Harry knows his brother very well and probably saw the nuances of the "advice" better than anybody. And again, Harry was in his thirties not a 19 year old planning to elope with his girlfriend. He and Meghan DID date for two years. It is never a good idea for a brother to try to come between a couple with unwanted advice.

The bottom line here though is no one can actually state with conviction what was said between William and Harry in a private conversation. We simply do not know anything beyond what third parties have assumed and speculated on. The only one with real inside information about what William may have said or what William may have thought is William himself and he's not talking to the public about it. He has better things to do. ?

I doubt it will ever be revealed the exact words and the nuances of the conversation. In general though, IMO it is not a good idea for a family member to try to intervene about a sibling's relationship with his girlfriend. It causes all sorts of problems down the road.

The bottom line here though is no one can actually state with conviction what was said between William and Harry in a private conversation. We simply do not know anything beyond what third parties have assumed and speculated on. The only one with real inside information about what William may have said or what William may have thought is William himself and he's not talking to the public about it. He has better things to do. ?
I agree Osipi. While I am inclined to believe that William's words were wise and well meant, in the end he's not going to relay what was said during that conversation with his brother. It wouldn't surprise me if William was responding to a question that his brother had asked him regarding his relationship with Meghan. He will simply follow his grandfather's example and "get on with the job" and live a life of service to his nation and the monarchy.

Last edited:

From reading the posts here, I have yet to see where anyone has compared Harry to "19 year old planning to elope with his girlfriend." Many of us have noted why we believe the couple wished to marry and start a family quickly. However considering the massive changes that Meghan was going to be facing: new husband, new country, and an incredibly different way of life, I still believe that it would have been wise for the couple to heed the advice of family and to slow down. The couple were offered the opportunity to have Meghan continue with her acting but they declined that offer. IMHO that might have offered Meghan the chance to acclimate to her new nation, spouse, and life, then to slowly transition over to senior royal duties.

So unlike the British born and raised Edo who had known his future wife for several years and was not expected to perform royal duties I can understand why marriage into the BRF appears to have been easier for him.

I stand by my opinion. William was not one to give advice and apparently it was unwanted. I have seen the "advice" in other families and it caused many problems. The Wessexes were told upon marriage they could continue running their businesses but that had no satisfactory ending, with Sophie's business in deep debt. So on paper, the advice for Meghan continuing acting may be good but practically may not work. The Queen did give her approval and William was apparently the only one to offer the uncalled for advice. I do have a sense that William did not want Harry to marry Meghan. William could have shown more tact and diplomacy IMO. How "long" is "right"? Both Harry and Meghan wanted children and childbirth would have been riskier had Harry and Meghan tried to "satisfy" William by waiting, she could have been in her forties when they started their family. It is not all clear cut there are some issues to this.

Edo and Bea had IMO more complications, he was engaged to another woman and had a baby with her and soon after dated Beatrice. I don't know if they were offered advice to slow down or not.

Last edited:
Any statements made from the BRF side have handled the whole situation with dignity, tact and in a mature manner. They recognize that things are not as they should be but refuse to jump in and play the silly reindeer games that the Sussexes are playing. The most significant statement made from the British side of the pond was a simple one that stated it all. "Recollections may vary".

The Sussexes *need* this drama. The Sussexes *need* to do what I call selective rationalization to portray themselves as the victims. I think they honestly don't think that the public can or will be able to have "recollections that may vary" and they do go on a rampage for the media that does a bit of fact checking. I know I do. Especially with the statement Harry made in regards to the Nepal trip and how he didn't want to be there, he didn't want to meet the people and he felt "trapped". My recollections tell me this is the guy that, of his own volition, asked to be able to remain and help rebuild. Harry conveniently left that part out.

Right now, Harry is working from a deep, dark negative space where if it's not a negative, he can't see it. They're both playing the blame game where everything is someone or something else's fault and their "truths" have become something that are working to drag them even further down the scale of respectability and no matter what they try (with the latest being naming their daughter Lilibet Diana), its working against them rather than for them. People are actively laughing at them when a new report comes out that they've, once again, threatened legal action against the press. They've taken the "never complain, never explain" to a different level of "always complain and always explain no matter how much of it you need to make up". It never works.

I'm waiting now for the press release that Meghan has instigated legal action against her own father for defamation and whatever else she can throw into the mix because Thomas Markle is back on the scene again giving interviews. I'm surprised actually that Samantha hasn't cropped up yet hawking her book. The bottom line though in all of this is that the Sussexes have created this situation for themselves. They have become the "noise" that Meghan famously stated that she doesn't pay attention to. They have effectively gone from being a couple that could have made so much difference in this world on a global scale to basically being a couple that serves to keep the National Enquirer and the Daily Mail and other tabloids in business.

This is what they've decided to define themselves as. It was their choice to do this. No one forced them to make a foolish spectacle of themselves.

100% agree with your entire statement. Couldn't have said it better myself, thank you

After a while I think the tabs will start ignoring Mr Markle. It can't go on forever, it is repetitive and tiresome. Too bad Mr Markle can't find another career

After a while I think the tabs will start ignoring Mr Markle. It can't go on forever, it is repetitive and tiresome. Too bad Mr Markle can't find another career

The man is well into his 70s. What career is he going to find at that age? He is in poor health and clelary has money problems. If he makes a litlte money through talking to journalists, how does it differ except in terms of the money from what Meghan and H are doing?

he gave advice. harry decided not to take it. HIs privilege.

I have to agree with you UglyAmerican. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle obviously wanted to start a family as quickly as possible, but their actual time together in the UK was of a very short duration. Meghan had very little time to adapt to a new country, a new husband and a rather different way of life in the months before their wedding.

Prince William's wise words were certainly not an act of interference but a kind suggestion to take some time before Meghan would have to completely alter her life.

Sandy345- There are noticeable differences between Edo/ Beatrice and Harry/Meghan. One is that the former had known each other and been family friends for many years. Also Edo unlike Meghan was born and raised in the UK so he understood British culture and had his whole life based in the UK while Meghan was going to have to make major adjustments to living in a new country. Finally nor was he expected to be performing royal duties and adapting to that very different way of life.

I think that some people do think that Beatrices' relationship with Edo is a bit sudden, since he had a child by another woman. But it is a private matter, it wont affect the royal family per se...
Harry's marriage clearly DID put a lot of strain on Meghan.. she had to make large changes in her life... and it didn't work out. Now, Harry has had to make large changes in his life.. and he doesn't seem all that happy with them so far. If he can only make a living by attacking his family, that's not IMO going to end well...

Last edited by a moderator:
I stand by my opinion. William was not one to give advice and apparently it was unwanted. I have seen the "advice" in other families and it caused many problems. The Wessexes were told upon marriage they could continue running their businesses but that had no satisfactory ending, with Sophie's business in deep debt. So on paper, the advice for Meghan continuing acting may be good but practically may not work. The Queen did give her approval and William was apparently the only one to offer the uncalled for advice. I do have a sense that William did not want Harry to marry Meghan. William could have shown more tact and diplomacy IMO. How "long" is "right"? Both Harry and Meghan wanted children and childbirth would have been riskier had Harry and Meghan tried to "satisfy" William by waiting, she could have been in her forties when they started their family. It is not all clear cut there are some issues to this.

Edo and Bea had IMO more complications, he was engaged to another woman and had a baby with her and soon after dated Beatrice. I don't know if they were offered advice to slow down or not.

I do agree with you, Sandy, that however well intentioned a family's intervention is in regarding *anything* from relationships to addiction to life choices, a person is not going to hear and heed the words of anyone that has their best interests at heart if he doesn't want to hear them. When someone refuses to hear what their loved ones see and warn about, the best thing for the loved ones to do is let them go ahead and make the mistakes and hope that there's a lesson learned from them.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions but, ultimately, it is a person's choice to continue on the path to hell.

I do agree with you, Sandy, that however well intentioned a family's intervention is in regarding *anything* from relationships to addiction to life choices, a person is not going to hear and heed the words of anyone that has their best interests at heart if he doesn't want to hear them. When someone refuses to hear what their loved ones see and warn about, the best thing for the loved ones to do is let them go ahead and make the mistakes and hope that there's a lesson learned from them.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions but, ultimately, it is a person's choice to continue on the path to hell.

well what has William done? He was IMO right about Harry and Meghan. True Harry could not take a long long time to get to know Meghan but that's not Will's fault.. its to do with biology. He offered some advice. Harry chose not to take it. William has presumably left things be. I haven't heard that he flew after Harry and tried to persuade him to change his mind.

well what has William done? He was IMO right about Harry and Meghan. True Harry could not take a long long time to get to know Meghan but that's not Will's fault.. its to do with biology. He offered some advice. Harry chose not to take it. William has presumably left things be. I haven't heard that he flew after Harry and tried to persuade him to change his mind.

That's just it. William, perhaps, had good intentions if he saw something and tried to forewarn Harry about it. Harry chose not to listen and go ahead as he saw fit. No one is to blame for the situation that Harry's life is in right now other than Harry, himself. In fact, if William was really so dead set against the relationship, he wouldn't have proudly stood by his brother's side as he married Meghan.

I really get the feeling right about now that the only person Harry is listening to is Harry and he's been doing a good job of convincing himself that he's a victim and everyone "out there" has "done him in" and will hear only what he wants to hear. Perhaps Meghan is even enabling him in all this.

No matter how we look at it and slice it to pieces, I can't, in all honesty, say that these two people are happy and secure in their own skins ready to take on the world and do good for others with kindness and compassion. What scares me though is that with alienating everyone near and dear to them over time, the only people they'll really have left to turn on and blame is each other.

I think that some people do think that Beatrices' relationship with Edo is a bit sudden, since he had a child by another woman. But it is a private matter, it wont affect the royal family per se...
Harry's marriage clearly DID put a lot of strain on Meghan.. she had to make large changes in her life... and it didn't work out. Now, Harry has had to make large changes in his life.. and he doesn't seem all that happy with them so far. If he can only make a living by attacking his family, that's not IMO going to end well...

I personally found Bea's engagement a bit quick, especially as you say because he did have a very young child with someone else and it smacked a little of "panic after younger sister got married". That said they did know each other before and lived on the same continent so it wasn't long distance and it is a private marriage, if they get divorced it will be a bit like Peter and Autumn, a few headlines.

Harry's marriage always meant bringing someone in as a working and senior royal or Harry leaving being a working royal (or both as it turned out) and was always going to have a lot more public pressure points than anything his cousins did.

Apart from Bea and Harry all the cousins have dated for a long time before marrying and whilst it doesn't always work out I can see why it was advised in this family.

However well meant advice of this nature is often ignored if someone has found "The One". Though I also don't think William was out of line for offering it, especially because it was a long distance relationship with practically everything in Meghan's life completely changing - even the language. ;) And technically he was right that it was all too much too quickly, though obviously they don't see it that way.

Considering Harry also blames his family for not trying to help (even though he also says he never asked for help as well) when Meghan was finding everything difficult, I wonder if people had learned to stop offering advice by then because they were accused of interfering, trying to control them or not "understanding"?

Edward and Sophie's business was one reason why HM knew HIHO wouldn't work, especially because they were both businesses that relied on networking and contacts where royal status was all too easy to abuse.

I don't think Meghan continuing to be an actress would have worked longterm but we don't know the exact context surrounding the suggestion or how quickly it was discarded or anything about it. We only ever got one sentence out of a paragraph for every claim they made. It's possible she could have got a job with a non profit theatre company or something like that. Maybe someone mentioned Sophie Winkleman as an example but the differences were quickly pointed out.

Last edited:

At first I thought this referred to “Harry Markle.”

^^^“ They have effectively gone from being a couple that could have made so much difference in this world on a global scale to basically being a couple that serves to keep the National Enquirer and the Daily Mail and other tabloids in business.”

Osipi, this is a brilliant summation. I had such high hopes when she honored her commitment to the Commonwealth with the flowers on that beautiful veil.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...han-markle-royal-wedding-veil-secret-meaning/
I agree, the whole thing is so sad. I really think Meghan was excited to “hit the ground running” and would have been a great Commonwealth ambassador. I think that the problem for her was more about chafing at the restrictions of royal life: “you can’t do or say” this or that, you can’t be political, you can’t take freebies, etc. Harry didn’t do a good job of explaining and from everything I’ve read, she was assigned exemplary staff (such as Samantha Cohen) to explain things but IMHO, she thought she could still do things her way. I think their popularity went to their heads. Perhaps Will and Kate and/or the courtiers were “jealous” of this, but I think that Meghan was jealous that they were Couple #2 instead of Couple #1. She didn’t get protocol or if she did, didn’t choose to abide by it.

I can’t imagine being her age and all of a sudden having to follow a bunch of “rules.” Even more reason they should have slowed down.

As for Harry? I think he has wanted out for quite some time. But since Meghan WAS so interested and (could have been) so suitable for the job, he gave it another shot. Their fatal error was their manifesto on SussexRoyal about HIHO before receiving approval. Their hubris, inability read the room, and tone deafness has been their downfall.

It’s such a shame! Honestly, she could have been really good; but with Harry venting now about how much he disliked the work, it is a good thing now that he is out.:ermm:

I dont think she ever had any real commitment to the role except insofar as it suited her.

I

Edward and Sophie's business was one reason why HM knew HIHO wouldn't work, especially because they were both businesses that relied on networking and contacts where royal status was all too easy to abuse.

I don't think Meghan continuing to be an actress would have worked longterm but we don't know the exact context surrounding the suggestion or how quickly it was discarded or anything about it. We only ever got one sentence out of a paragraph for every claim they made. It's possible she could have got a job with a non profit theatre company or something like that. Maybe someone mentioned Sophie Winkleman as an example but the differences were quickly pointed out.

No I dont think she was offered that option but some kind of working in the arts or the theatre might have worked out (if she had the ability).
I really do think htat Harry must have spent his life with his head floating in the clouds because surely he remembered the Edward and Sophie thing and how their businesses iddn't work out?

I agree that if they wanted to start a family they couldn’t wait for ten years. However, they could have lived far more quietly and NOT tried to hit the ground running. They could have married and lived in the Cotswalds for a few years or spent some time in Africa or just stayed quiet at Frogmore while giving Meghan time to adjust and have babies. Then they could have gradually stepped up to Senior Royals if they wanted or this would have given them time to figure out what would work for them.

But I also think that Meghan saw the marriage as an opportunity for global advocacy for issues important to her. I am not suggesting that she didn’t fall in love with Harry at all. But had he been Mr Harry Mountbatten Windsor....none of this would have happened.

I think she saw the marriage as a way to be famous, not necessarily for global advocacy, except insofar as "being philanthropic" is now a way of getting noticed. I think she wants to be seen talking to the President or going to Hollywood events with the Clooneys, not necessarily doing any practical good. Look how Harry has talked about his work. he was tired out by it.. He didn't like having to go places and meet people and look like he cared...
I can't help thinking that perhaps the 2 of them are good at faking (except that I've never been convinced by Meghan's smiles and "charm"..)...I think she definitely wants to make money, and that's what she saw the marriage as giving her the chance to do... that she would be very rich because she was a member of the RF and she'd have other opportunities ot make money on the side. Harry I think just thinks he should be rich, and that his family should support him financially and he's not that willing to go out and hustle for money....
That is why they had to "hit the ground running" soon because they needed to spend a year or so as very visible full time royals before they could go to "half in half out"....

Chelsy Davy was with Harry for a long time. She stayed over at Windsor, and she attended William and Kate's wedding as Harry's partner. It was clearly a very serious relationship at the time. That's got nothing to do with Meghan: she and Harry hadn't even met then.

I think it's generally accepted that Harry's previous two long-term relationships, with Chelsy and then with Cressida Bonas, ended because both women decided that royal life was not for them. They did respect the monarchy: they just felt that that life wasn't right for them. The question was why there never seems to have been any question of Harry walking away from the Royal Family to start a new life with either of them, when he chose to do so with Meghan. It's not a criticism of any of the people involved, but I think it's a legitimate question.

Some tabloids (which are obviously not reliable) have spoken to Chelsy and Cressida recently and they claim that both girls said that royal life being not what they wanted was not the only reason why their relationship with Harry ended. Cressida in particular is alleged to have said Harry exhibited paranoid behavior about being chased by the press for example, when there was actually nobody around them.

Again, those are tabloid allegations, but given Harry's erratic behavior recently, it is not inconceivable that his former girlfriends may have figured out he had mental health issues. Besides, Harry himself admitted he was a heavy drinker and also used drugs. I don't know if that happened while he was with his girlfriends, but that can certainly have an effect on a relationship, can't it?

Last edited:
Some tabloids (which are obviously not reliable) have spoken to Chelsy and Cressida recently and they claim that both girls said that royal life being not what they wanted was not the only reason why their relationship with Harry ended. Cressida in particular is alleged to have said Harry exhibited paranoid behavior about being chased by the press for example, when there was actually nobody around them.

Again, those are tabloid allegations, but given Harry's erratic behavior recently, it is not inconceivable that his former girlfriends may have figured out he had mental health issues.
I've thought that as well.. that they knew him better and realized that he wasn't the most stable of people.. And if he was drinking or drugging into the bargain.

I think it was still a pretty poor statement. He wasn't the "yes man" he did two overseas tours that year 8 months apart and did 100 engagements in total. He was beaten by elderly relatives in the list of royal engagements - I think he was no 11. His father and brother also did two over seas tours that year. He wasn't being overworked at all.

So he is being disingenuous about that. And whilst I know that if your mental health is poor then anything can seem too much he should have mentioned it wasn't just "Hey Harry you go there!" it was because he had a connection ie he had served with the Gurkhas in Afghanistan and they were his bodyguards. He was also helping draw attention to their plight over the earthquake. It's just frustrating that he didn't acknowledge any of that even from the BRF side. Or mentioned a much better example.

Now this doesn't mean he can't have been mentally blown out but he wasn't some overworked down trodden muggins. And he actually stayed a few days longer to help out at the time.

It also follows unwise remarks on Dax Shepard about thinking the poor people he met were "freer" because they weren't trapped in the BRF and that he thought "I don't want to be here" on engagements. Now the first is absolutely stupid for obvious reasons and the latter is unwise to say because a) they're trying to do the same sort of thing in LA an B) Harry had a lot of perks that he still wanted to keep in exchange for not even working 1/3rd of the year publicly. I know they do a lot BTS. What did he want to do instead that didn't involve things he didn't like occasionally? He also quit the army because he didn't like desk work among other things. What did he suggest doing that wasn't sitting around all day like an aristocrat from 100 years ago?

He had the time and resources to get the best help possible which most people that this TV show was supposed to be "helping" don't. If they're burned out by work they can't take time off and they don't want to be places but they have to go 340 days of the year otherwise they lose everything. It would just have been nice to have some self awareness from Harry.

Fair point. As I said, I fully recognize that his position lends itself to significantly more resources and a forgiving work schedule than the ordinary person. I would have liked to see him acknowledge that - as I would have liked to see him show more self-awareness in the Oprah interview. I will say I don't necessarily think he needed to have a full schedule to feel justified in feeling overwhelmed. Anecdotally, I've seen situations in my own life where the smallest incident triggers a massive reaction in someone who has been sweeping unresolved issues under the rug, as Harry says he was.

I don't want to play armchair psychologist but at the moment he doesn't seem to be in the mindset where he can fully evaluate both the positives and negatives of the situation involving his family, either on a personal or professional level. I'm also not sure he even knows what he wants right now beyond righting wrongs that he felt were committed against him. Based on clips and interviews and other things he's said in the past, I just can't buy the argument that he didn't care about the work. I don't think he's good at feigning his emotions and while he can be tone-deaf from time to time, he always seemed to recognize the value of the kind of work that his position could accomplish (he spoke quite well about this at the Obama Foundation Summit, if I am recalling correctly). It just may be that he feels so hurt, angry, and possibly disoriented from all the major life changes in his life that he's blinded by that upset. I'm not trying to justify one thing or the other by saying that - ultimately we are responsible for our own emotional reactions - but that's how I see it anyways.

Last edited:
Faicdotally, I've seen situations in my own life where the smallest incident triggers a massive reaction in someone who has been sweeping unresolved issues under the rug, as Harry says he was.

I don't want to play armchair psychologist but at the moment he doesn't seem to be in the mindset where he can fully evaluate both the positives and negatives of the situation involving his family, either on a personal or professional level. I'm also not sure he even knows what he wants right now beyond righting wrongs that he felt were committed against him. Based on clips and interviews and other things he's said in the past, I just can't buy the argument that he didn't care about the work. I don't think he's good at feigning his emotions and while he can be tone-deaf from time to time, he always seemed to recognize the value of the kind of work that his position could accomplish (he spoke quite well about this at the Obama Foundation Summit, if I am recalling correctly). It just may be that he feels so hurt, angry, and possibly disoriented from all the major life changes in his life that he's blinded by that upset.

It seems to me that he's easily led. Perhaps he DID care about the work a few years ago... a bit more - but Meghan has led him to think that he was being over worked and exploited by the RF and govt and so on... and that really he is a fantastic prince who should not have been compelled to work so hard, nor to do jobs he did not want to do.. Probably she also convinced him he should have a big mansion type house not a 2 bedroom cottage...
and Harry is now under her influence and remembering al his negative feelings and exaggerating them.
But then again, with his being easily led, perhaps a few years ago, he was more under the influence of the RF, was told what to say by aides and so he sounded thoughtful and sincere in his commitment to the RF work.
the trouble i that he comes across now as feeling "at last I can talk freely and let the world know how unhappy I am/was and not have to behave like a Prince and be all polite." So the fact that he has said a few things in the past few months to indicate that he didn't really want to do the royal work and didn't like mixing with people he regarded as "free", albeit poor, that has led people who thought he was sincere, to be shocked and feel that he was letting them down...
After all, its rather similar to the way that he and Meg talked at their Africa tour, where they made it all about them, and complained... when surrounded by really poor desperate people...

He's due back in the UK in two weeks time.

I understand the Spencer family will be in attendance for the Diana Statue.

Prince William, Duchess of Cambridge.

As far as I know, no other members of the Royal Family.

Then either stay in the UK a few days; or a flight straight back to the States. Can't see William and Catherine ever going for a visit as the security issues would be a nightmare.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the times that Harry has remarked how Meghan has "saved" him and opened his eyes. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Harry has now transferred his emotional well being onto Meghan. Especially if it was Meghan, herself, that drew him out of his drinking and drugging patterns. I have noticed several times how Meghan does tend to take the lead in situations and Harry follows along. If this is true, she may be doing him more harm than good.
[....]

There is no reason why the Cambridges couldn't visit the Sussexes in California but overseas trips are out of the question right now due to the pandemic. It would certainly be viewed as non-essential travel and given the major travel restrictions in the UK at this moment with their Green, Amber and Red List countries (the US is on the amber list), I can't see the Cambridges making a foolish mistake to travel internationally right now.

There is no reason why the Cambridges couldn't visit the Sussexes in California but overseas trips are out of the question right now due to the pandemic. It would certainly be viewed as non-essential travel and given the major travel restrictions in the UK at this moment with their Green, Amber and Red List countries (the US is on the amber list), I can't see the Cambridges making a foolish mistake to travel internationally right now.

No, I can't see why tehy cant go, when travel becomes normal but that's at lleast a year away Id say. And for goodness sakes, are they really going to enjoy each other's compnay?

OSIPI

You always see the bigger picture. I wish I had half your common sense!
Could not agree more!

DENVILLE

No, you're right. Speaking truthfully; it won't work. The atmosphere between the couples will be like walking on egg-shells!

Last edited:

OSIPI

You always see the bigger picture. I wish I had half your common sense!
Could not agree more!

I think that is is possible that Meghan could see how "lost" Harry was, and has managed to manipulate him... but if that's the case, Its not gong to end well. Perhaps one day he'll wake up and find that he is fed up with LA and he feels like he was pushed into going there etc.. and he'll want to get out.. (and there will probably be a lot of "I wasn't in my right mind when i said all those things, please forgive me"...). Or he will come under the influence of someone else (not necessarily a woman, some guru or adviser) who will give him another point of view, perhaps persuade him that he was wrong to leave Royal life.... and it will all end in tears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom