The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Please note that several posts relating to a website story which contained gossip/speculation/rumour and added nothing to the discussion of the topic have been deleted. Links to reputable sources and stories are preferred. Thank you.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Harry's Polo friends comment about Meghan: In light of his recent polo match here are some comments about her.

Nacho Figueras talks 'fights' with Prince Harry and his romance with Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle Offered Polo Lessons From Prince Harry’s Best Friend After Developing Love For The Sport

Old 06-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

That is adorable of Nacho to say.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Yes, Harry and Nacho seem to be good friends when they meet and have fun. I'm sure he and his wife will get an invite to the wedding!
Old 06-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Haven't visited this thread in a short while. Already picking out engagement rings ?
Old 06-06-2017, 03:50 AM
Royal Highness

Remember the tabloids often make up clickbait stories, sometimes based on half-truths or rehashed bits and pieces of information and old articles and interviews, some of which pre-date H&M's relationship.

There's lots of speculation too in this thread I see that's of a rehash nature regarding who introduced Meghan to Harry. Initially, it was said that Princess Eugenie introduced them, then designer Misha Nonoo (who is divorced from a friend of Harry's and Will's, Alexander Gilkes). I believe from what I've seen on Meghan's Instagram and in terms of timing, as well as reports said to come from 'royal sources,' that Meghan and Harry were introduced by Meghan's friend, Markus Anderson, at Soho House in London, in late June 2016 when Meghan was in London to attend Wimbledon as a guest of Serena Williams. This scenario seems fairly consistent with the Daily Mail article linked earlier by Countessmeout. When the pictures of Harry and Meghan walking hand-in-hand from an evening out appeared in February, it was said that they had eaten dinner that evening at the place where they first met (Soho House in London).

Markus is Canadian. He worked his way up from a waiter at Soho House in London to assistant to the chief executive. He keeps a low profile, but if you Google him for images, you will find him in many pictures with a number of high profile celebrities whom he obviously met via his career at Soho House. Markus is said to be an acquaintance of Prince Harry's, and he's been a very close friend of Meghan's for awhile. Meghan has referred to Markus on her Instagram as 'Uncle' to her dogs.

Markus is known for having great style and taste, and it appears that he and Meghan bonded over their similar outlooks on life, their relatively similar middle class upbringings, singular styles, upwardly mobile ambitions and dedicated work ethic. Meghan likely met Markus around 2012 or 2013 when he opened a branch of Soho House in Toronto. I am putting this information together from Meghan's Instagram, as well as from the few background articles about Markus that are on the Internet. Shortly after the news broke very publicly about Meghan dating Prince Harry, Markus Anderson changed his Instagram to private.

Here are a couple of videos based on the Daily Mail article, as well as pieced together from Meghan's Instagram pictures and posts. The blond lady shown in pictures with Meghan and Markus, is designer, Misha Nonoo:

Old 06-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
She was introduced to Meg by the Yorkies (York princesses) and it's telling that the princesses would think that Meg would be good for Harry.
Do you mean to say, "Harry was introduced to Meghan by the Yorkies..." If so, please see my previous post. Of course, the ultimate confirmation will not come unless and until there is an engagement announcement and a joint interview with Meghan & Harry in which they might (hopefully) give us some idea of the truth or error of some of the reports about when and how they first met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
... I have nothing against Meghan, and I wish both her, Harry and her relationship all the best in the future. But I have to admit that I find it a bit odd that some of the posters here are so full of praise for a woman that almost nobody knew anything about until the end of last year, and who has just dated Harry for a year...
Ah, that's probably because you apparently have little interest in Meghan Markle and have not watched Suits nor read any of Meghan's essays, articles, Instagram and Tig posts, nor seen or paid attention to any of the many Youtube video interviews; Suits-related Q&As; magazine cover shoots; inspirational quotes; Reitmans commercials; hair, makeup and fashion clips; montage videos; her UN speech; her revealing interview with Larry King; UN Women related videos of Meghan's charity work in Africa, etc.

It's very unusual for this much to be known and publicly available about anyone dating a member of the British royal family. And that's obviously because of Meghan's acting career and her other successful endeavors. IMHO, to know just the little I do know about Meghan Markle is to love her. She seems down-to-earth, positive, adventurous, supportive to her friends & her fans, respectful and loving toward her parents, and grateful for the blessings life has given her (and that's well before she met Prince Harry). I don't think Meghan Markle needs Prince Harry, as she clearly has had an interesting, happy and very successful life before she met him. Some of that success she recently shut down abruptly, so they do seem to be in love. And indeed her career success, confident independence, humanitarian interests, and high profile lifestyle have seemingly prepared Meghan for some of what would be in store should she marry Prince Harry.

I don't watch a lot of series television, so I didn't know Meghan prior to the news breaking last November that she was dating Prince Harry. I became interested in learning more about Meghan, and in the process of doing so I found myself admiring her and becoming very impressed by her character, her personality and her unique sense of style. For me, it's not about Meghan dating a prince. It's about who she is as a person. And blimey, now that I'm a fan, Meghan has found it necessary to shut down her visibility, her posts, her Tig blog, and her casual, uplifting & generous connection with her fans, all because of who she's dating!

Perhaps it is a match made in heaven, and certainly the ins and outs of their relationship is really none of our business. But once again, because of who Prince Harry is, a lot of people want to know who Meghan is. For me, it's actually been getting to know more about Meghan that has made me more interested in Prince Harry, and his apparent ongoing transformation from a privately emotionally anguished young teenager and a publicly playful & mischievous prince about town to a confident, purposeful and genuinely happy man who seems more comfortable in his own skin and less in a quandary about the direction his life is heading. Of course the beginning of the transformation predates Harry dating Meghan, and began with his passionate work for his Sentebale charity, his military service tenure and resulting friendships which led to his idea for creating the Invictus Games.

This relationship may or may not be something that's grand for the royal firm. But it surely is a good thing for Harry's personal well being, whether or not the relationship lasts. And I have a sneaking suspicion from the signs we've seen so far, that the relationship between H&M that currently belongs to 'his life and hers' may well become lasting and mutually beneficial.

Stay tuned, or NOT.

Quote:
1. You are not one of them, but there are a few members here (especially one) who seems to look at Meghan as the best thing that has ever happened to the monarchy...
Who might that be, pray tell. And seriously, you do exaggerate.

Quote:
... And if I'm having trouble with that, then I can of course keep myself away from this thread, which I mostly do.
Except for when you can't force yourself from checking in apparently...

Quote:
2. Yes, she does charity work, as almost all these actresses does.
As if 'doing charity work' is a poor use of one's time. In Meghan's case, as it probably is for a number of other 'actresses,' giving of their time to good causes is not necessarily a promotional endeavor, but a genuine desire to help people in need. There is plenty of evidence indicating that Meghan does not treat her work for UN Women as some kind of photo op. Quite the contrary.

Quote:
... as you say, she seems like a good person.
IMHO, Meghan Markle genuinely appears to be a very lovely person who certainly doesn't need me or anyone else 'praising' her. But obviously, most people who have met Meghan or who do know her well have nothing but praise for her. And Prince Harry is clearly and apparently admittedly quite 'smitten.' 'Whatever that means' or portends.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

IF there's an engagement, how will it be announced?
Does the palace issue a statement? Does the RF call a press conference, or is that up to the couple?

I know there was a press conference for William and Kate, but William's the heir so it might be different.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmm I don't know that they will hold the press conference type thing as they did with William. My bet is just an official/formal announcement.

LaRae
Old 06-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Commoner

I looked back at Edward and Sophie's announcement, and they had a formal announcement and a photograph opportunity. I'm thinking Harry would get something similar. Not as much as Kate and Will.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Majesty

Andrew and Sarah had a short TV interview. It wasn't really a press conference but it went out on the BBC.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRoyalWatcher View Post
I looked back at Edward and Sophie's announcement, and they had a formal announcement and a photograph opportunity. I'm thinking Harry would get something similar. Not as much as Kate and Will.
Andrew and Sarah had an announcement interview, not unlike Charles and Diana. The question is whether Harry, as second son, gets Andrew style treatment or, as part of the post-Diana effort to tighten up/ratchet down, he's now deemed far enough from the throne to not need to grant an engagement interview.

Actually, if this romance does follow through to marriage, their engagement and wedding may end clarifying an awful lot about just where the lines are to be drawn in a more focused royal family. Sometimes we talk about it on these forums as though we know what's in store, but we really only have a pretty good idea about the future roles for those at the absolute center (Charles, Will) and at the absolute fringes (the York sisters, Edward's kids); Harry's neither.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would imagine it also depends on what Harry (and his fiancee) want to do...do they want to have a presser or just avoid the media stuff and have an announcement made?

I'm guessing their PR folks will push for them to at least hold a photo call.

LaRae
Old 06-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Most likely what will happen is that a few hours before the engagement is announced, the media will be alerted that there is an announcement coming and to congregate in a specific area for it. I think the media had only about 3-4 hours notice ahead of William and Kate's.

Regardless of the pecking order, Harry is a pretty popular guy with the media and they've been running rampant with anything they can find on this royal romance so I would find it odd if there isn't a formal announcement of the engagement very similar to Will and Kate's.

The world loves a royal wedding and Harry's will be no exception. It will be a positive and bright time in an atmosphere that exists right now with horrific events.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I really have a lot of hopes there ! Such beautiful and likeable people....
Old 06-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Commoner

http://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz...re-introduced/

Cute interview with Mike Tindall about what he will do when he meets Meghan. I find it somewhat interesting that he hasn't met her yet, but maybe he is just not stating that he has met her.

Also, I think you guys brought up some good comparisons about Andrew and Fergie. The situations are quite similar, as both William and Harry were born by that point, just like George and Charlotte. I just thought of Edward and Sophie because it was the last wedding I could think of outside of Will and Kate.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure when Mike and Zara would of met her....they don't live near Harry and all of them seem to have pretty busy lives.

I'm pretty confident in saying she's met William and Kate....past that I doubt she's been around the rest of family yet.

LaRae
Old 06-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Most likely what will happen is that a few hours before the engagement is announced, the media will be alerted that there is an announcement coming and to congregate in a specific area for it. I think the media had only about 3-4 hours notice ahead of William and Kate's.

Regardless of the pecking order, Harry is a pretty popular guy with the media and they've been running rampant with anything they can find on this royal romance so I would find it odd if there isn't a formal announcement of the engagement very similar to Will and Kate's.

The world loves a royal wedding and Harry's will be no exception. It will be a positive and bright time in an atmosphere that exists right now with horrific events.
Harry is a senior member of BRF and there will be an official announcement if and when he becomes engaged. He needs HMQs permission to marry.

He isn't going AWOL on this - he knows the rules regardless of what US tabloids write

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm not sure when Mike and Zara would of met her....they don't live near Harry and all of them seem to have pretty busy lives.

I'm pretty confident in saying she's met William and Kate....past that I doubt she's been around the rest of family yet.

LaRae
The whole family knows who's he's dating. I'm sure they know her.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Knowing who she is and having met her are two different things.

We only know for sure she met the Cambridges as she attended Pippas reception.

Closed Thread