The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #5161  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Westfield, New Jersey, United States
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
He is charismatic but not showy. Having a huge flashy wedding doesn't seem him.

St. Paul's is highly unlikely. Charles and Diana married there as they had 3500 guests and Westminster couldn't come close to holding that many. St. Paul is the second largest cathedral in the uk. Harry will not have a wedding even as large as his brother. If anything, he will use Westminster but I think we would only see that if he marries during his father's reign. As a grandson of the monarch and not direct heir, it's not likely to be that scale.

If in London, the chapel at St James seems the most likely. A number of Royal weddings have been there. Or St Georges in Windsor. I do think it will be filmed and some public inclusion but not the big weddings if the eighties or William.
He should wear a uniform on his wedding day instead of a traditional groom suit. A red Army uniform would look good on him, or maybe a Naval uniform. Either William or his young cousin, Prince James, should be his best men. It would be a classic event. It should be held on a sunny, brisk, crisp, cool early December morning before the family heads to Sandringham. Let Harry and Meghan have a month of honeymoon in Wales, to honor his parents. A snowy wedding in London would be so sweet.

It would be a historic wedding. Meghan is biracial, she'd be the first biracial princess of marriage.
__________________

  #5162  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,390
There would be no crowds out on a wintry December day, though I love winter weddings myself! Quite frankly, I think Harry wouldn't mind a Royal Chapel wedding inside BP, if it hadn't been bombed during WW2. Or a fun wedding somewhere like Meghan's first nuptials, with friends and family having a good time, perhaps in Switzerland with skiing the next day.

It's a bit sad when you're a member of a Royal family but your preferences for your wedding come second, (if you're senior enough) to dynastic and PR considerations.
__________________

  #5163  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:24 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
He should wear a uniform on his wedding day instead of a traditional groom suit. A red Army uniform would look good on him, or maybe a Naval uniform. Either William or his young cousin, Prince James, should be his best men. It would be a classic event. It should be held on a sunny, brisk, crisp, cool early December morning before the family heads to Sandringham. Let Harry and Meghan have a month of honeymoon in Wales, to honor his parents. A snowy wedding in London would be so sweet.
The only uniform Harry would wear is the one of his regiment. I would expect that he would wear the uniform of the Blues and the Royals.

The many uniforms of Prince Harry explained – Royal Central

This is also the uniform Harry wore when standing up for his brother William at his wedding.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #5164  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:25 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Westfield, New Jersey, United States
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There would be no crowds out on a wintry December day, though I love winter weddings myself! Quite frankly, I think Harry wouldn't mind a Royal Chapel wedding inside BP, if it hadn't been bombed during WW2. Or a fun wedding somewhere like Meghan's first nuptials, with friends and family having a good time, perhaps in Switzerland with skiing the next day.

It's a bit sad when you're a member of a Royal family but your preferences for your wedding come second, (if you're senior enough) to dynastic and PR considerations.
If it is a balmy December day, people will pack London. It would be nice to see her family's coat of arms. One of the songs sung at the wedding should be I Vow to Thee My Country, in honor of his beloved mother and grandfather, Philip's service to the Royal Navy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The only uniform Harry would wear is the one of his regiment. I would expect that he would wear the uniform of the Blues and the Royals.

The many uniforms of Prince Harry explained – Royal Central

This is also the uniform Harry wore when standing up for his brother William at his wedding.
It would be nice for Anne, Princess Royal, to wear in full naval uniform to honor her nephew on that day. Her husband wears it to most weddings.
  #5165  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:51 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
He should wear a uniform on his wedding day instead of a traditional groom suit. A red Army uniform would look good on him, or maybe a Naval uniform. Either William or his young cousin, Prince James, should be his best men. It would be a classic event. It should be held on a sunny, brisk, crisp, cool early December morning before the family heads to Sandringham. Let Harry and Meghan have a month of honeymoon in Wales, to honor his parents. A snowy wedding in London would be so sweet.

It would be a historic wedding. Meghan is biracial, she'd be the first biracial princess of marriage.
James is all of nine years old. If he was in the wedding he would be a page boy, not best man. Your best man and maid of honor are usually a sibling or closest friend.

First British biracial princess. There is one on the continent already.

Harry can only wear an uniform he belongs to. The blues and royals. He isn't in the navy and has never been given an honorary role.

Anne doesn't wear an uniform except military events on occasion. She never actively served. Her husband wears his as he has had a long career, and he often represents the BRF in military related charities. We will no more see Anne at a wedding in military uniform then the queen, Sophie, Kate or any other royal woman with an honorary rank.

Winter weddings are uncommon for a very good reason. Counting on a balmy day in winter is risky even in London. People are certainly not going to line streets on a chilly December day as they would in warmer weather.

Nor are they likely to honeymoon in Wales. They aren't the kind if couple staying on a private estate by a fire to keep out of public eye would suit them. Marry in winter, a ski vacation in Switzerland, a honeymoon on Necker or Mustique. The kind of destination wedding both would likely consider if not for family, so instead they run off on honeymoon.
  #5166  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,750
I have to agree with folks that think when Harry marries, he'll have a much more low keyed event than his brother did. Spring at St. George's Chapel at Windsor with carriages would be a perfect setting. I can't see Harry's wedding being quite as formal as William's either.

I'm not sure it would be televised but if so, probably one media outlet that would feed to the rest to keep the intrusion of cameras and photographers to a minimum.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #5167  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:55 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,942
Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have to agree with folks that think when Harry marries, he'll have a much more low keyed event than his brother did. Spring at St. George's Chapel at Windsor with carriages would be a perfect setting. I can't see Harry's wedding being quite as formal as William's either.



I'm not sure it would be televised but if so, probably one media outlet that would feed to the rest to keep the intrusion of cameras and photographers to a minimum.


I'd be absolutely shocked if it wasn't televised. Charles' family has been spotlighted as the future for the last few years. Harry will eventually be the son of one king and brother to another. He's also got tremendous popularity throughout the world.

I think his wedding might be slightly more low key than William's- but not dramatically.
  #5168  
Old 04-22-2017, 01:07 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,390
Harry actually does hold honorary positions in the RAF, and in the Navy (since 2006 he's been hon Commodore in Chief of Small Ships and Diving. In that capacity I remember him inspecting a submarine crew down in Portsmouth.) So, in theory, he could wear a Naval uniform, or a Canadian Ranger one, as he is also an hon Ranger.

It would actually be great to see Harry in Ranger uniform for his wedding, though in reality it's likely to be the dark blue of the Blues and Royals. Unless, of course, he gets an hon Colonelcy in Chief to another old regiment before his wedding.
  #5169  
Old 04-22-2017, 01:07 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have to agree with folks that think when Harry marries, he'll have a much more low keyed event than his brother did. Spring at St. George's Chapel at Windsor with carriages would be a perfect setting. I can't see Harry's wedding being quite as formal as William's either.

I'm not sure it would be televised but if so, probably one media outlet that would feed to the rest to keep the intrusion of cameras and photographers to a minimum.
Edwards was. There was media attention for Peter and Zara. There is certainly no way Harry will escape media attention. At least outside the church. It's highly likely at least one camera crew will be allowed inside to film. Outside the reality is media will come invited or not. Harrybjs popular. It's easier to control the pals when you invite them and set rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry actually does hold honorary positions in the RAF, and in the Navy (since 2006 he's been hon Commodore in Chief of Small Ships and Diving. In that capacity I remember him inspecting a submarine crew down in Portsmouth.) So, in theory, he could wear a Naval uniform, or a Canadian Ranger one, as he is also an hon Ranger.

It would actually be great to see Harry in Ranger uniform for his wedding, though in reality it's likely to be the dark blue of the Blues and Royals. Unless, of course, he gets an hon Colonelcy in Chief to another old regiment before his wedding.
He could prove me wrong. But it seems highly unlikely he would choose an uniform he has only been an honorary member of when he has been active service military. I am Canadian but I don't think it makes sense for him to wear our ranger uniform. He has no real connection to them. He should be wearing his colors in the forces he actually served under.
  #5170  
Old 04-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,390
Yes, it was just me in lighthearted mode. However, there might be more of a chance of an hon Colonelcy of another regiment, I think. One was mooted for Harry a couple of years ago.
  #5171  
Old 04-22-2017, 01:49 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Honestly, even if he gets a honorary conoletcy id say the same. I get being a patron of a military body. But something about wearing an uniform you didn't earn and medals even, never sits right for me. IMO if they have actually served in the military, they should wear the uniform they earned. I wish William had, and I hope Harry does. William should have worn his airforce as he was active duty at the time, or at the very least his blue and royals.

I hope we will see captain Harry in his blues and royals, with William as best man in the RAF uniform.
  #5172  
Old 04-22-2017, 02:18 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,750
This is almost like playing a game of Clue. I see Harry in the Blues and the Royals uniform at St. George's Chapel, Windsor in the springtime.

I remember very well William becoming Colonel of the Irish Guard in the lead up to his wedding. He wanted to wear his RAF dress uniform but HM pulled rank on this one and he wore the red dress uniform of the Irish Guards.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #5173  
Old 04-22-2017, 03:21 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,228
This thread is about Harry's relationship, not a Weddings suggestions and musings thread. Let get back to topic please.
__________________
JACK
  #5174  
Old 04-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 489
I am excited. She is American born and raised and half black and will be a British princess. That will be significant and an extremely positive way!!! I read somewhere that Afro Brits are excited about Meghan and the prospect of having the first British princess of color in he BRF. I need to try and find it. Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

She's different and fresh which is what that family needs.
  #5175  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:08 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008.
No its not
  #5176  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

She's different and fresh which is what that family needs.
I don't think it does.. what it needs are hard working people who will keep the show going...
  #5177  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,750
In this day and age in Britain, its become a very multi-cultural nation.

And sorry to burst the bubble but Meghan wouldn't be the first multi-cultural royal in Britain. England's first Black Queen, Sophie Charlotte was the first. She was Queen Consort to George III. This was during the time of the American revolution.

http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_e...charlotte-born
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #5178  
Old 04-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
In this day and age in Britain, its become a very multi-cultural nation.

And sorry to burst the bubble but Meghan wouldn't be the first multi-cultural royal in Britain. England's first Black Queen, Sophie Charlotte was the first. She was Queen Consort to George III. This was during the time of the American revolution.

England's first Black Queen, Sophie Charlotte born | African American Registry
This is true indeed. A beautiful Queen she was.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #5179  
Old 04-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I am excited. She is American born and raised and half black and will be a British princess. That will be significant and an extremely positive way!!! I read somewhere that Afro Brits are excited about Meghan and the prospect of having the first British princess of color in he BRF. I need to try and find it. Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

She's different and fresh which is what that family needs.
Being half black, a divorcee, and an American actress are not very relevant to the BRF IMHO. However, a prince of the United Kingdom marrying a Jewish (i.e. non-Christian) woman will be a big shake-up in the establishment, if it actually happens.
  #5180  
Old 04-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
In this day and age in Britain, its become a very multi-cultural nation.

And sorry to burst the bubble but Meghan wouldn't be the first multi-cultural royal in Britain. England's first Black Queen, Sophie Charlotte was the first. She was Queen Consort to George III. This was during the time of the American revolution.

http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_e...charlotte-born
It is not the same I think. That was ages ago.
Members of the BRF(and European monarchies in general) who married in are always white. Despite governing over a multicultural nation, the royal family does not reflect that. So indeed Meghan, should she get married to Harry will be a breath of fresh air.
__________________

__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baby names birth britain britannia british royal family camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation customs daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style gemstones george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove hochberg house of windsor japan jewellery książ castle liechtenstein line of succession list of rulers medical monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period pless politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen louise royal ancestry royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida taiwan thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×