The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

This thread has been cleaned up to remove overly-speculative and argumentative posts. Let's try and keep the discussion as factual/informed as possible.

Remember the guidelines set out on page 243 when posting.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

If it's true that Meghan only plans to attend the reception, will we even know about it?

I doubt the press will have access to the venue, even if there is limited access to the church.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, if I was her or them, I would not attend. The speculation on when an engagement will be announced, will only intensify from then on. And what is one wedding? As far as we know, Pippa and Harry are not close friends.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

The best the press can hope for would be a drive by in the car shot. It would be hard to prove or disprove anyone's attendance if they are not pictured at the church or driving through the gates of the Middletons' house. It's quite possible buses could be used to ferry the guests around so that will make it harder to see who are on the buses.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Well, if I was her or them, I would not attend. The speculation on when an engagement will be announced, will only intensify from then on.

But perhaps that is what is intended?

It would send a message, I think. Sort of a preemptive strike before announcing the engagement?
Old 04-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

There's engagement speculation regardless, so I'd attend. Wedding receptions are fun, and if Meghan gets time off work, it'll be a nice break with Harry.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know how this turned around from how nice it would be for Meghan to be invited as Harry's girlfriend, to she can only attend the mysterious the wedding after party. It's a lot of over thinking going on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Well, if I was her or them, I would not attend. The speculation on when an engagement will be announced, will only intensify from then on. And what is one wedding? As far as we know, Pippa and Harry are not close friends.
Harry took Chelsea to his cousin's wedding where HM was present and we know how that turned out. Attendance at a wedding is hardly indicative of an engagement.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But perhaps that is what is intended? It would send a message, I think. Sort of a preemptive strike before announcing the engagement?
I agree. I can see the intention is for Meghan to be seen as 'the one' and taken seriously by the press and the public. I am stunned at the rapidity: five months in there was the announcement of gf status, and now at ten months a family wedding, with blogs closed and lucrative endorsements cancelled. The trajectory seems pretty clear.

I wish Meghan well and I trust she will make the right decision for herself. Marriage with Harry will not be a piece of cake (IMHO) but she's a mature woman. I have been heartened by the news that Harry was willing to share, that he has engaged counseling, even recently, but I finally listened to the interview he gave. I'm keyed to the sound of a voice. He's got a lot going on there. I wish him well. Meghan may be the ballast he needs. My concern will always be for Meghan but the good thing is she will enter the marriage (if it goes that far) as someone with her own life and resources. She should be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Harry took Chelsea to his cousin's wedding where HM was present and we know how that turned out. Attendance at a wedding is hardly indicative of an engagement.
Good point. But also keep in mind that Harry was in love with Chelsy and rumor has it he did pop the question to her. Harry was serious. Chelsy it was who demurred. So I think we can assume Harry is serious in this case, too. Think maybe he was convincing her over the Easter visit?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

They aren't at the altar yet...the old saying many a slip between lip and cup...hopefully they can remain hidden enough when together that they can actually spend enough time together to make sure if it's what they want.

I find it quite amusing that they are able to fly below radar as much as they have been. Take that media!

LaRae
Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
They aren't at the altar yet...the old saying many a slip between lip and cup...hopefully they can remain hidden enough when together that they can actually spend enough time together to make sure if it's what they want.
Exactly so. Well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I find it quite amusing that they are able to fly below radar as much as they have been. Take that media! LaRae
The media is being invited. Think about it, we could be at a far more discreet level now except for the November announcement and now this. So it's all by choice.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

The media is being invited. Think about it, we could be at a far more discreet level now except for the November announcement and now this. So it's all by choice.
There was a lot of gossip going around about Meghan, when Harry made his announcement. It wasn't as hidden as it was before. I'm thinking the way Harry and Meghan has been going about this, has been very mature and thought out. I'm also thinking, that Meghan wouldn't want to be a hidden secret, and Harry wanted to 'claim' her.

I wouldn't think much about Meghan attending weddings as Harry's plus one, that isn't any sign of their own commitment. It's the fact, that Meghan is closing down serious income sources. I highly doubt she'd be doing that for mere hope, without sure engagement in the horizon. I could be totally wrong, though.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
There was a lot of gossip going around about Meghan, when Harry made his announcement. It wasn't as hidden as it was before. I'm thinking the way Harry and Meghan has been going about this, has been very mature and thought out. I'm also thinking, that Meghan wouldn't want to be a hidden secret, and Harry wanted to 'claim' her.

I wouldn't think much about Meghan attending weddings as Harry's plus one, that isn't any sign of their own commitment. It's the fact, that Meghan is closing down serious income sources. I highly doubt she'd be doing that for mere hope, without sure engagement in the horizon. I could be totally wrong, though.
I don't think Meghan would assume she's a hidden secret even if there was no formal announcement. It simply wasn't done. Chelsy and Cressida weren't hidden secrets once the paparazzi caught pictures of Harry and his girlfriend at the time. We all knew, it was just something that Kensington Palace didn't comment on because it's his personal life. Kate was never confirmed as a girlfriend, but we all knew. And she obviously went on to marry William.

But absolutely agree on shutting down Tig and Reitman. Tig was one thing because it's income are relatively small compared to spokeswoman role and whatever she wrote was being misrepresented by the tabloid. Then came the Reitman deal, there is no coincidence here. The only way to explain this without them talking seriously about marriage is if she signed a much more lucrative deal soon and Reitman's deal falling through was result of that. However, if I were a gambler, I wouldn't bet on the chances of that.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don't think Meghan would assume she's a hidden secret even if there was no formal announcement. It simply wasn't done. Chelsy and Cressida weren't hidden secrets once the paparazzi caught pictures of Harry and his girlfriend at the time. We all knew, it was just something that Kensington Palace didn't comment on because it's his personal life. Kate was never confirmed as a girlfriend, but we all knew. And she obviously went on to marry William.

But absolutely agree on shutting down Tig and Reitman. Tig was one thing because it's income are relatively small compared to spokeswoman role and whatever she wrote was being misrepresented by the tabloid. Then came the Reitman deal, there is no coincidence here. The only way to explain this without them talking seriously about marriage is if she signed a much more lucrative deal soon and Reitman's deal falling through was result of that. However, if I were a gambler, I wouldn't bet on the chances of that.
I think the racist articles and harassment on social media were one reason Harry made his statement. Imo he had to stop it at the start, or the tabloids would've got bolder and nastier about it fast. Also, he wanted to bring attention to it, to make public notice what Meghan was dealing with just for dating him.

I agree, that only way to explain Reitman deal would be a better deal with some other company, but I'm thinking they would've spilled it already. Every company would want the attention as soon as possible, and I haven't read anything.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's interesting the way Cressida and Chelsey disappeared from the papers with the ascendance of Meghan.

Before she came along, the press kept tracking the other two in case they reunited with Harry. But now they seem to have vanished into thin air!
Old 04-18-2017, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think that's pretty much par for the course. Once Diana hit the scene in Charles' life, all his previous girlfriends kind of faded into the woodwork. The press goes with who seems to be the focus of the royal's attention at the moment. When Harry was purely single and no love interest in sight, the focus on the exes were in hopes of a renewal of sparks.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think that's pretty much par for the course. Once Diana hit the scene in Charles' life, all his previous girlfriends kind of faded into the woodwork. The press goes with who seems to be the focus of the royal's attention at the moment. .
Why would they mention previous girls when they have a new quarry. They write these stories because there is an interest in Harry's love life, just as there was in Charles. they don't do it because they want to write about Chelsey Davy, or whoever. or because these are interesting people. They are only of interest becuase they are dating a Prince. If Meghan is finished with, they may revert to stories about the other 2, to fill up the pages till the next girl comes along.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I think the racist articles and harassment on social media were one reason Harry made his statement. Imo he had to stop it at the start, or the tabloids would've got bolder and nastier about it fast. Also, he wanted to bring attention to it, to make public notice what Meghan was dealing with just for dating him.

I agree, that only way to explain Reitman deal would be a better deal with some other company, but I'm thinking they would've spilled it already. Every company would want the attention as soon as possible, and I haven't read anything.
Oh definitely. The press having a field day at Meghan's expense was definitely why he did it. Otherwise, I think these two people would prefer not to make an announcement that they are dating to the world simply because it is no one else's business.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I think it's interesting the way Cressida and Chelsey disappeared from the papers with the ascendance of Meghan.

Before she came along, the press kept tracking the other two in case they reunited with Harry. But now they seem to have vanished into thin air!
Typically their names will re emerge when the wedding invites go out (invited or not) and then after the marriage whenever they happen to be at the same event w/ Harry or his wife along the lines of Harry's wife is so jealous of Chelsey and/or Cressida. We see that even w/ rumored gfs (like Cressida's half sister Isabella before she hooked up w/ Sam, who never even dated William, but got some free publicity by floating rumors that William once pined for her thus Catherine can't stand her - all nonsense of course.)
Or if he breaks up w/ Meghan, they'll be back, along with Meghan, as possible rekindled love stories.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post

If it happens, one thing is for sure, the US tabloid media will put the British tabloids to shame in how hysterical they go.
I am an American and let me tell you, you are correct about how hysterical the US tabloid media will be.

Closed Thread