The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Don't know why people think Harry would order her to close her blog. Of course it was her decision.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
So Gossip Cop's explanation for The Tig closing down is because Meghan has to much on her plate now to run it when she has her humanitarian work and Suits.

Funny how in the previous two and a half years she also had several humanitarian endeavours going on, plus Suits, plus designing clothing for Reitman stores, plus vacationing with friends etc and still found time to run The Tig.

Of course Harry's not 'to blame' for Meghan closing her blog. That would be entirely her own decision. However, I certainly don't accept the explanation Gossip Cop is putting forth.
I think its part of the reason. I assume Gossip Cop wants to stop the blaming of PH. Regardless would she have given up the blog if she was not dating PH? I doubt that. I also think the media mining her blog for stories to use against her is also a hassle.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesslily View Post
Who knows what's going to happen next regarding this relationship. I do feel Harry is desperate to get married and have a family of his own. Anyway, I will keep some of my opinions to myself.
I don't think he's desperate at all. He has plenty of time... and IMO he's nto really as pushed about having a wife and family as he may say at interviews and his fans seem to take as a serious wish. I think he likes bachelor freedom, and he is happy enough being Fun Uncle Harry to his younger relatives.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
While its true that Harry is really not being pushed to marry and have a heir and a spare and it would be perfectly A-OK if he were to remain a single man for the rest of his days, he's often stated how much he does want marriage and kids of his own.

As passionate Harry is about whatever he puts his energies into, I seriously believe that he'll be the same way with his family. It will be the lucky woman that becomes his bride and I do hope its Meghan.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to say, I really don't care who Harry marries- or any of the Queen's other grandchildren, either!

I just want another royal wedding!!
Old 04-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh you and me both Mirabel. Its been six long, long years since I stayed up all night waiting and watching and toasting the wedding with a glass of wine in my Waterford crystal red wine glass.

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas when it comes to royal weddings.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I don't think he's desperate at all. He has plenty of time... and IMO he's nto really as pushed about having a wife and family as he may say at interviews and his fans seem to take as a serious wish. I think he likes bachelor freedom, and he is happy enough being Fun Uncle Harry to his younger relatives.
I think Harry is honest when he talks about wanting to settle down and have a family of his own, but he also understands the importance of finding the right person. He's not so desperate that he'll marry anyone just to be married and have kids. He's going to wait for the right person.

Honestly, all this talk about 5 years is useless. There are plenty of relationships where couple dated for far longer than that and doesn't make it. And then there are relationships that didn't take nearly as long and they stayed married for decades. It depends on the people. If you know who you are and what you want, and is honest about it, it's a lot more effective than someone who doesn't.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry gets asked all the time about wanting a wife and kids in interviews. He can't really say no. I like playing the field and sleeping around and I really don't like kids.

Harry doesn't have a biological clock and there is no real pressure on him to get married. He isn't the direct heir, the line of succession is plenty secure with George and Charlotte. The press is bored with the Cambridges and they maybe done having kids. So they have to focus on Harry to drive the relationship drama. As soon as the newest of whoever he marries wears off, the press will drop the attention and start running stories about Harper Beckham as George's Queen.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

No, I don't think Harry is desperate to get married. I think it's wrong for anyone to suggest this.

Of course he would like to have a family of his own. He's mentioned this over and over again. It's about finding the one for himself and who's willing to accept the new royal life that goes along with him. Now, if he's found this in Meghan and the couple is thinking about taking that next step together in the future, that's great.

These are two older adults and who have a great deal in common. We're not talking about two 20 year olds folks.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Commoner

The Gossip Cop are trying to deflect attention from the real reason why Meghan suddenly closed down The Tig.

The Daily Mail and other gossip outlets have misused and taken out of context the postings made at The Tig. Reading the tea leaves in regards to every innocent, quirky post made. Additionally, I also believe that due to her relationship with Harry, and in an effort to slowly remove things off her plate that will no longer be acceptable for her to continue if she marries Harry, she closed down the blog. Surely, her instagram and twitter accounts will close down eventually.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Harry gets asked all the time about wanting a wife and kids in interviews. He can't really say no. I like playing the field and sleeping around and I really don't like kids.

Harry doesn't have a biological clock and there is no real pressure on him to get Queen.
very true, though I think it si obvous he DOES like kids. but that does not mean he's all that pushed to have his own.. and I tink he DOES like to be free.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Gossip Cop is constantly debunking the most ridiculous rumors. Anyone with common sense knows that Harry is not to "blame." GC has about as much credibility as The DM or any other tabloid.

I'm a little baffled by the idea that Harry and Meghan would actually wait 5 years to marry. I just can't see that happening. The longest I imagine them waiting would be two years, two and a half at most. These are two people who said they wanted to start a family before they even began dating. I don't think they need years to figure out if they want that family with each other.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
very true, though I think it si obvous he DOES like kids. but that does not mean he's all that pushed to have his own.. and I tink he DOES like to be free.
There are multitudes of interviews and reports that are contrary to what you seem to believe about Harry preferring to be single and free.

Prince Harry Opens Up About Wanting Kids

Prince Harry Interview About Settling Down and Having Kids

Prince Harry would love to settle down and have a royal baby of my own | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry opens up about fatherhood during Good Morning America interview with Robin Roberts | Daily Mail Online

These are just a few reliable sources and there are many, many more. Sometimes doing a little research helps.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh you and me both Mirabel. Its been six long, long years since I stayed up all night waiting and watching and toasting the wedding with a glass of wine in my Waterford crystal red wine glass.

I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas when it comes to royal weddings.

I am also on Team Royal Wedding. I think Meghan seems great but mostly I just want another excuse to nerd out over tiaras and titles and pop a nice bottle of champagne with my friends.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know anything about TV series filming schedules, but from what I've read filming can be pretty intense. The only schedule for Suits filming in 2017, that I found (a schedule of things being filmed in Toronto beginning and end dates) stated that it started filming 4/4 and will finish 11/15. Assuming this is true, then I would not expect much news or couple sightings on the Harry/Meghan front for several months.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I am also on Team Royal Wedding. I think Meghan seems great but mostly I just want another excuse to nerd out over tiaras and titles and pop a nice bottle of champagne with my friends.
Oh that Team Royal Wedding sounds like so much fun! I'd have to travel very, very far to find anyone remotely interested in a royal wedding as I am. In fact, I know just the place. I'll go to Chicago to my sister's and we'll wear tiaras and drink champagne and comment very loudly and openly about all the spectacular outfits and who's who and.. and... and...
Old 04-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh that Team Royal Wedding sounds like so much fun! I'd have to travel very, very far to find anyone remotely interested in a royal wedding as I am. In fact, I know just the place. I'll go to Chicago to my sister's and we'll wear tiaras and drink champagne and comment very loudly and openly about all the spectacular outfits and who's who and.. and... and...
Wonderful ! It must be really fun... the comments on the outfits the most lovely part of the ceremony !!!!!
Old 04-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I'll be going a step further; I'm planning to be in London for the wedding and celebrate there. With all the craziness going on in the world these days, a royal wedding will be a fun occasion for the majority of people to celebrate.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
There are multitudes of interviews and reports that are contrary to what you seem to believe about Harry preferring to be single and free.
Prince Harry opens up about fatherhood during Good Morning America interview with Robin Roberts | Daily Mail Online

These are just a few reliable sources and there are many, many more. Sometimes doing a little research helps.
as I've pointed out, he is not likely to say that he isn't all that keen to settle down and have a family. That is the sort of question he is bound to be asked at interviews, since the Press and public are mainly interested in his lovelife..
And he may like the idea of a family but IMO he's happy enough with a single life. He may - problaby will - get married in a few years, but I don't know if it will be to Meghan. I think the RF/Queen would be very dubious.. and he isn't likely to go against them
Old 04-10-2017, 01:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
as I've pointed out, he is not likely to say that he isn't all that keen to settle down and have a family. That is the sort of question he is bound to be asked at interviews, since the Press and public are mainly interested in his love life.

And he may like the idea of a family but IMO he's happy enough with a single life. He may - problaby will - get married in a few years, but I don't know if it will be to Meghan. I think the RF/Queen would be very dubious and he isn't likely to go against them
If you can discount what a person publicly says, and without knowing the person in any sense personally, claim contrary views to that public record (evidence), then you are setting up an idiosyncratic view of the person and their situation. Your views become personal beliefs, of which all of us have many I'm sure, but hopefully everyone knows the difference between our biases and hopes, and what we know in fact. Just saying.