Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Don't mind me.... Just coming out of lurkdom to comment about the Wimbledon pic. So I was googling pictures from that day last year and in one of them you can see Pippa sitting behind Meghan. I wonder if they know they've been in close proximity of each other before her wedding reception? :lol:

Last edited:
If we believe tabloids, they did indeed meet in May in Toronto. And were introduced by her good friend Mark
Prince Harry met Meghan Markle through her close friend Markus Anderson | Daily Mail Online

I don't usually read through an entire article like this one, but I made the effort and don't see May being mentioned. :huh:

I did see this: "It was revealed on Sunday that Harry dated Burberry model Sarah Ann Macklin in June and July while he was romancing Meghan when she visited London. Friends of Sarah Ann, 27, told the Mail on Sunday that the Prince met the model at a private party where he took her number and bombarded her with texts, just as he is said to have done with Meghan. The relationship reportedly fizzled out but the model remains friendly with the Prince."

So we are hearing about June and July concerning a Burberry model, but I never saw May mentioned as the meeting between Meghan and Harry. :sad: Is it there right in front of me? :blink:

Last edited:
It's as I said in a previous post, nobody knows when and where they met. A previous poster stated that one or the other of the York princesses introduced them. Several of us pointed out that Meghan didn't/doesn't know the Yorks.

There have been various rumours flying around. They could have met in May in Toronto and it could have been Markus, to whom she's very close, who introduced them. It could have been in England in June. It probably didn't become serious until June/July when it's been said they met up in LA. but who knows!

It's as I said in a previous post, nobody knows when and where they met. A previous poster stated that one or the other of the York princesses introduced them. Several of us pointed out that Meghan didn't/doesn't know the Yorks.

There have been various rumours flying around. They could have met in May in Toronto and it could have been Markus, to whom she's very close, who introduced them. It could have been in England in June. It probably didn't become serious until June/July when it's been said they met up in LA. but who knows!

From what I gathered and read, Harry and Meghan were on a double date with Eugenie and Jack in Toronto at a Halloween party in Soho House. Funnily enough, it was around that time the story broke of their relationship.

Yes, that appeared in the DM article linked above. It's never been confirmed though, and this was as you say, about the time Camilla Tominey broke the story of the Harry/Meghan romance in the Express. By then Harry had been dating Meghan for some months and Eugenie may well have partied previously with the couple. There's no evidence though that Meghan knew the Yorks before though, or that it had been Eugenie who had introduced her to Harry.

There are so many conflicting stories of how these two got together that I hope that if/when they become engaged they disclose where they met in the subsequent interview.

Last edited:
Personally I believe they met in London around the time of Wimbledon and were introduced through Markus Andersson. He probably was bombarding her with texts and wore her down.

Yep...they are close, both of them have said it in interviews. Can't imagine either of them making that type of decision without talking to the other one.

IIRC, re: Diana's ring, it was said in an interview/article that they had an agreement..whoever got engaged first could use it.

LaRae

Makes sense to me.
Also it depends on HOW Diana´s jewels were shared between the 2. In case Diana had a last will, which claims exactly "this will go to Wills, this will go to Harry".... then it is clear.
But in case she did not do this.... then the 2 brothers will have to discuss in case Harry wants to select one ring from Dianas anchestry....

There were not yet THAT many jewels from the late Diana worn by Catherine: the engagement ring, the Lovers Knot Tiara and some Sapphire earrings - not more to my knowledge. One example is her famous Pearl Sapphire Choker..... we have not seen the one since Dianas death. So I would love to know, what the boys have decided on that one.
Time will tell

BYe Bine

The WIll just divides all she ahd between WIll and Harry. I Suppose that they did reach the agreement that whoever got married first - most likely that would be WIll) wodl get the engagement ring if they wanted it...
The Lovers Knot Tiara isn't her personal property..

Well we all know Harry knew about the ring William proposed to Kate with!

Will Harry discuss his own and/or Meghan's choices with William? Who knows! It's such a personal thing. But "having a say"? That for me would be a No.

I don't think it is disrespectful necessarily to not wear your wedding ring even if you have one. Some people's jobs have safety issues wearing rings, other people develop allergies to metal and some who never wore a ring before find they don't like wearing a ring. None of that means you are disrespecting your spouse,

Yes! I was going to mention allergies.
I've never been able to wear rings due to this.

As for William having a say in the ring Harry chooses, I could see it if Harry decided to use a family heirloom.
Charles gave Camilla a ring that had belonged to the Queen Mother, so if Harry did the same, he might need to get permission. Because the current jewels in the royal collection are probably going to end up with William, right?

Not quite.

If it is in the Royal Collection it belongs to the nation and not the royal family.

If it is privately owned by The Queen then it will pass to Charles and then William to avoid death duties as monarch to monarch transfer of property is free of death duties while anything past to any other family member e.g. from The Queen to Anne will be subject to the normal death duties. That is why David and Sarah had to sell some of their mother's jewellery as she was only the second child of the monarch. It is why the Duke of Gloucester also had to sell some of his mother's possession in 2002 as he had to pay the death duties from his father and mother's estates. He had been allowed to delay the death duties from his father's death until his mother's as a courtesy (not always allowed but sometimes). Even William and Harry had to pay death duties on what they inherited from Diana (although there was some talk that as she and Charles hadn't been divorced all that long he could claim back the settlement and thus avoid the death duties. He decided that the estate would have to pay the death duties as a PR move).

There are three jewel collections for the BRF:

1. The Crown Jewels - those kept in the Tower of London and used for coronations and baptisms etc

2. The Royal Collection - those that belong to the nation and include large jewellery sets given to royals on state visits etc as well as quite a lot of the older jewellery pieces - along with art works - this is why William couldn't destroy all the ivory pieces in BP or Windsor etc - because they aren't the property of the family but the nation.

3. Their private collections - these are personal pieces that the family buy for each other or themselves or are given for birthdays etc. Some of them end up in the royal collection to save death duties as well.

Yes! I was going to mention allergies.
I've never been able to wear rings due to this.

As for William having a say in the ring Harry chooses, I could see it if Harry decided to use a family heirloom.
Charles gave Camilla a ring that had belonged to the Queen Mother, so if Harry did the same, he might need to get permission. Because the current jewels in the royal collection are probably going to end up with William, right?

The article was suggesting that Harry would use a stone from Diana. Possibly even from her emerald choker.

The asking William was because her jewels were left to both sons. So if he wanted to give one to Meghan, it seems likely he would at least talk to his brother. They both own them. Especially if he was to do the choker idea which would mean taking apart a piece.

But not all the jewels will belong to William. Those in the royal collection will pass down to him. Any personal jewels of the queen she can dispose of if she chooses. Any jewels inherited from her mother or grandmother, or gifted by her husband, that are privately owned. They are the queens to dispose of, William has no say.

Last edited:
The article was suggesting that Harry would use a stone from Diana. Possibly even from her emerald choker.

The asking William was because her jewels were left to both sons. So if he wanted to give one to Meghan, it seems likely he would at least talk to his brother. They both own them. Especially if he was to do the choker idea which would mean taking apart a piece.

But not all the jewels will belong to William. Those in the royal collection will pass down to him. Any personal jewels of the queen she can dispose of if she chooses. Any jewels inherited from her mother or grandmother, or gifted by her husband, that are privately owned. They are the queens to dispose of, William has no say.

The emerald choker might have reverted to The Crown on Diana's death. I think it was given to Diana at the same time as The Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara.

As for Harry plucking some emerald out of it for a ring, I don't think it is likely. First off, the emeralds are cabochons.... no twinkling there. And they are part of a recognized historic piece of jewelry associated with Diana and Queen Mary. Harry would never mutilate that necklace.

Second, I'm sure that if Harry wants to give Meghan an emerald, he has the financial means to purchase one if there are no emerald loosies hanging about in HM's vaults. I, for one, think that HM has quite a bit of loosies (unset gems) tucked away. Good, faceted loosies, not cabs.

An emerald would be an odd choice, anyway.

I think she gets a diamond. Sapphires are Other Peoples' Story. Emeralds are sort of ...exotic for this? Emerald! The Forbidden Gem! It's the Lambada of British Royal Engagement Ring gems. Ahem ahem wallisAHEM! Ahem...

And no hexed rubies for this second son.

I'm sure it will be a diamond.

The emerald choker might have reverted to The Crown on Diana's death. I think it was given to Diana at the same time as The Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara.

As for Harry plucking some emerald out of it for a ring, I don't think it is likely. First off, the emeralds are cabochons.... no twinkling there. And they are part of a recognized historic piece of jewelry associated with Diana and Queen Mary. Harry would never mutilate that necklace.

Second, I'm sure that if Harry wants to give Meghan an emerald, he has the financial means to purchase one if there are no emerald loosies hanging about in HM's vaults. I, for one, think that HM has quite a bit of loosies (unset gems) tucked away. Good, faceted loosies, not cabs.

I think she gets a diamond. Sapphires are Other Peoples' Story. Emeralds are sort of ...exotic for this? Emerald! The Forbidden Gem! It's the Lambada of British Royal Engagement Ring gems. Ahem ahem wallisAHEM! Ahem...

I was simply explaining the authors reasoning behind the whole 'asking Prince William permission'. The article suggested the emerald choker.

Diana got loaned a tiara but she was also gifted a number of pieces. The necklace could very possibly be with her sons.

Last edited:
There were not yet THAT many jewels from the late Diana worn by Catherine: the engagement ring, the Lovers Knot Tiara and some Sapphire earrings - not more to my knowledge.

The sapphire and diamond earrings that the Duchess of Cambridge uses are not the ones that Diana had used. There is just a popular misconception about this promoted by the tabloids. The cut of the stones and the settings are very different.

Not so sure Harry will go down the same route as William and go for family jewels. They are two very different couples. I think Harry and Meghan will forge their own future and it won't be with a BRF based engagement stone.

Why would an emerald be an odd choice?

There's a report that an emerald would be Meghan's jewel of choice.

I don't see why it is any odder than a sapphire, ruby, or diamond.

And- hexed rubies? Because Andrew and Fergie didn't work out? That was one instance. The same could be said of sapphires, but William gave one to Kate anyway.

I don't know what the mystery is about a royal engagement ring. Diana's and Sarah's were both Garrard catalogue stock which is why everyone knew how much they cost. HM's diamond ring came with a gorgeous bracelet courtesy of Prince Philip's mother's tiara. The Princess Royal had bespoke sapphire and diamonds rings for both engagements (love the second one), Edward went for sheer romance and a bespoke diamond ring for Sophie.

The only "recycled" engagement ring was Diana's which now adorns Catherine's finger and Camilla sports gorgeous dress art deco ring that belonged to The Queen Mother.

So what Harry would choose should he wish to pop the question is anyone's guess, although the BRF seem to have an affinity with sapphires . . . well, there is a question, Bertie presented his love with a fabulous sapphire and diamond engagement ring. She stopped wearing it in later years, replacing it with a honking great pearl surrounded by diamonds. Not nearly as nice IMO.

JMO, but I think both Meghan and Harry modern enough (and he far enough from the throne) that the ring will be what Meghan wants. Not that I think her incapable of nodding at tradition in her choice.

That, of course is if and when they get engaged. ;)

Will Prince Harry and Meghan make the engagement announcement any time soon?
I think so, but it will be a matter of time before we know. Probably after the summer there is news.

Please note that several posts relating to a website story which contained gossip/speculation/rumour and added nothing to the discussion of the topic have been deleted. Links to reputable sources and stories are preferred. Thank you.

Yes, Harry and Nacho seem to be good friends when they meet and have fun. I'm sure he and his wife will get an invite to the wedding!

Haven't visited this thread in a short while. Already picking out engagement rings ?

:previous: Remember the tabloids often make up clickbait stories, sometimes based on half-truths or rehashed bits and pieces of information and old articles and interviews, some of which pre-date H&M's relationship.

There's lots of speculation too in this thread I see that's of a rehash nature regarding who introduced Meghan to Harry. Initially, it was said that Princess Eugenie introduced them, then designer Misha Nonoo (who is divorced from a friend of Harry's and Will's, Alexander Gilkes). I believe from what I've seen on Meghan's Instagram and in terms of timing, as well as reports said to come from 'royal sources,' that Meghan and Harry were introduced by Meghan's friend, Markus Anderson, at Soho House in London, in late June 2016 when Meghan was in London to attend Wimbledon as a guest of Serena Williams. This scenario seems fairly consistent with the Daily Mail article linked earlier by Countessmeout. When the pictures of Harry and Meghan walking hand-in-hand from an evening out appeared in February, it was said that they had eaten dinner that evening at the place where they first met (Soho House in London).

Markus is Canadian. He worked his way up from a waiter at Soho House in London to assistant to the chief executive. He keeps a low profile, but if you Google him for images, you will find him in many pictures with a number of high profile celebrities whom he obviously met via his career at Soho House. Markus is said to be an acquaintance of Prince Harry's, and he's been a very close friend of Meghan's for awhile. Meghan has referred to Markus on her Instagram as 'Uncle' to her dogs.

Markus is known for having great style and taste, and it appears that he and Meghan bonded over their similar outlooks on life, their relatively similar middle class upbringings, singular styles, upwardly mobile ambitions and dedicated work ethic. Meghan likely met Markus around 2012 or 2013 when he opened a branch of Soho House in Toronto. I am putting this information together from Meghan's Instagram, as well as from the few background articles about Markus that are on the Internet. Shortly after the news broke very publicly about Meghan dating Prince Harry, Markus Anderson changed his Instagram to private.

Here are a couple of videos based on the Daily Mail article, as well as pieced together from Meghan's Instagram pictures and posts. The blond lady shown in pictures with Meghan and Markus, is designer, Misha Nonoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiPIGOqGObs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CzLJGvQWPA

Last edited:
She was introduced to Meg by the Yorkies (York princesses) and it's telling that the princesses would think that Meg would be good for Harry.

Do you mean to say, "Harry was introduced to Meghan by the Yorkies..." If so, please see my previous post. Of course, the ultimate confirmation will not come unless and until there is an engagement announcement and a joint interview with Meghan & Harry in which they might (hopefully) give us some idea of the truth or error of some of the reports about when and how they first met. ;)

... I have nothing against Meghan, and I wish both her, Harry and her relationship all the best in the future. But I have to admit that I find it a bit odd that some of the posters here are so full of praise for a woman that almost nobody knew anything about until the end of last year, and who has just dated Harry for a year...

Ah, that's probably because you apparently have little interest in Meghan Markle and have not watched Suits nor read any of Meghan's essays, articles, Instagram and Tig posts, nor seen or paid attention to any of the many Youtube video interviews; Suits-related Q&As; magazine cover shoots; inspirational quotes; Reitmans commercials; hair, makeup and fashion clips; montage videos; her UN speech; her revealing interview with Larry King; UN Women related videos of Meghan's charity work in Africa, etc.

It's very unusual for this much to be known and publicly available about anyone dating a member of the British royal family. And that's obviously because of Meghan's acting career and her other successful endeavors. IMHO, to know just the little I do know about Meghan Markle is to love her. She seems down-to-earth, positive, adventurous, supportive to her friends & her fans, respectful and loving toward her parents, and grateful for the blessings life has given her (and that's well before she met Prince Harry). I don't think Meghan Markle needs Prince Harry, as she clearly has had an interesting, happy and very successful life before she met him. Some of that success she recently shut down abruptly, so they do seem to be in love. And indeed her career success, confident independence, humanitarian interests, and high profile lifestyle have seemingly prepared Meghan for some of what would be in store should she marry Prince Harry.

I don't watch a lot of series television, so I didn't know Meghan prior to the news breaking last November that she was dating Prince Harry. I became interested in learning more about Meghan, and in the process of doing so I found myself admiring her and becoming very impressed by her character, her personality and her unique sense of style. For me, it's not about Meghan dating a prince. It's about who she is as a person. And blimey, now that I'm a fan, Meghan has found it necessary to shut down her visibility, her posts, her Tig blog, and her casual, uplifting & generous connection with her fans, all because of who she's dating! :sad:

Perhaps it is a match made in heaven, and certainly the ins and outs of their relationship is really none of our business. But once again, because of who Prince Harry is, a lot of people want to know who Meghan is. For me, it's actually been getting to know more about Meghan that has made me more interested in Prince Harry, and his apparent ongoing transformation from a privately emotionally anguished young teenager and a publicly playful & mischievous prince about town to a confident, purposeful and genuinely happy man who seems more comfortable in his own skin and less in a quandary about the direction his life is heading. Of course the beginning of the transformation predates Harry dating Meghan, and began with his passionate work for his Sentebale charity, his military service tenure and resulting friendships which led to his idea for creating the Invictus Games.

This relationship may or may not be something that's grand for the royal firm. But it surely is a good thing for Harry's personal well being, whether or not the relationship lasts. And I have a sneaking suspicion from the signs we've seen so far, that the relationship between H&M that currently belongs to 'his life and hers' may well become lasting and mutually beneficial. :britflag:

Stay tuned, or NOT.

1. You are not one of them, but there are a few members here (especially one) who seems to look at Meghan as the best thing that has ever happened to the monarchy...

:lol: Who might that be, pray tell. :D And seriously, you do exaggerate.

... And if I'm having trouble with that, then I can of course keep myself away from this thread, which I mostly do.

:D Except for when you can't force yourself from checking in apparently... :p

2. Yes, she does charity work, as almost all these actresses does.

As if 'doing charity work' is a poor use of one's time. :ermm: In Meghan's case, as it probably is for a number of other 'actresses,' giving of their time to good causes is not necessarily a promotional endeavor, but a genuine desire to help people in need. There is plenty of evidence indicating that Meghan does not treat her work for UN Women as some kind of photo op. Quite the contrary.

... as you say, she seems like a good person.

IMHO, Meghan Markle genuinely appears to be a very lovely person who certainly doesn't need me or anyone else 'praising' her. But obviously, most people who have met Meghan or who do know her well have nothing but praise for her. And Prince Harry is clearly and apparently admittedly quite 'smitten.' 'Whatever that means' or portends. ;)

Last edited:
IF there's an engagement, how will it be announced?
Does the palace issue a statement? Does the RF call a press conference, or is that up to the couple?

I know there was a press conference for William and Kate, but William's the heir so it might be different.

Hmmm I don't know that they will hold the press conference type thing as they did with William. My bet is just an official/formal announcement.

LaRae

I looked back at Edward and Sophie's announcement, and they had a formal announcement and a photograph opportunity. I'm thinking Harry would get something similar. Not as much as Kate and Will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom