The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2018, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It just isn't fair to me when I log on and start reading of the day's adventures in Dubbo and in post after post, there's mentions of banana bread. That starts my craving early in the day and now I want banana bread with a strong cup of the strong Earl Grey blend I have with extra bergemot. I do have bananas but not enough to make banana bread. Close enough!

I think its possible that banana bread is something that both Harry and Meghan enjoy together. Perhaps she made it for Harry when they were first starting to get to know each other. Remember her spooning bananas on her IG account?

I'm also seeing Harry and Meghan adapting to this Down Under tour like a duck takes to water. Just reading the various reports here on TRF, it reinforces my belief that the people, in general, in Australia are a laid back, friendly and open sort of people that are really making Harry and Meghan feel welcomed wherever they go and from what we've seen, Harry and Meghan, themselves, are eager to get out there and interact with the people as much as they can. There's no differentiating between "royal" and "people". Its like everyone is a Luke Vincent and out to have a good time with each other along with seeing and meeting Harry and Meghan.

Thank you so much to our Australian friends here on TRF that have made this tour seem like we're almost there in the middle of it instead of thousands of miles away. We're living this tour vicariously through you!

Old 10-17-2018, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hear ya..it's banana bread season! I need to get some. The problem is keeping the grandkids out of them until I get get them the right color for making the banana bread! lol

LaRae

Old 10-17-2018, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have to laugh. When my kids were small, it was impossible to keep bananas to get to the right color to make banana bread. For the most part, the bananas were gone before I got all the groceries unpacked. My dad used to stop by and visit the kids every now and then and he'd never bring cookies or sweets for them but a big bunch of bananas for the "little monkeys"

Bananas are the perfect food. I just keep thinking too that there's a special link between Harry and Meghan and bananas. Now I'm going to be watching the tour even closer and see if anyone gifts them bunches of bananas. That'd be so cool even if the couple couldn't actually accept and eat said bananas.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

When she dropped the bread off yesterday she said something about Harry wanting more bananas in them or making sure there were more bananas in them etc.

LaRae
Old 10-17-2018, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
When she dropped the bread off yesterday she said something about Harry wanting more bananas in them or making sure there were more bananas in them etc.

LaRae
She said she was afraid she put too many bananas in, and Harry said you can never have too much bananas. I have no doubt she's made it at home before. It's well known that Harry loves bananas.

They received a stuffed bull and stuffed teddy bear yesterday for the baby. They are going to have a stuff zoo by the end of this tour.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps even a collection large enough that it will require a separate jet to fly them all back to the UK. Wonder if they'll be required to wear seat belts?

My guess though is that the majority of the stuffed animals that Harry and Meghan receive will eventually be donated to children's wards in various hospitals.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I figure they will keep a couple of them and donate the rest...can't imagine where they'd keep them all!

LaRae
Old 10-17-2018, 12:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
More on the banana bread situation.

Hannah Furness

Verified account

@Hannah_Furness
Follow Follow @Hannah_Furness
More
Benita Woodley, one of the recipients, said of Meghan: “She said if you go to someone’s house you always bring something, so she did.
“She said she was worried about the bananas, that she’d put too many bananas in it. But the Duke said there’s never too many bananas.”
https://twitter.com/Hannah_Furness/s...87486981189632

Sounds like Harry is a huge fan!! LOL
Old 10-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I figure they will keep a couple of them and donate the rest...can't imagine where they'd keep them all!

LaRae
They’ll keep the “official” gifts for sure, at least for posterity—remember the photos of the rocking horse and George in his pjs meeting the Obamas
Old 10-17-2018, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Day 2

TRH The Duke and Duchess visit a family farm near Dubbo

Old 10-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Coming up today on the Tour:

Doing a walkabout at Government House
- Attending a reception given by @VicGovernor
- Taking a tram ride to South Melbourne Beach
- Visting a #BeachPatrol clean
(Plus two more engagements!)

Not sure exactly what time they get going but I assuming sometime early on!

LaRae
Old 10-17-2018, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Loved the photos of the little boy touching Harry's beard! He shares my sentiments on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I have to laugh. When my kids were small, it was impossible to keep bananas to get to the right color to make banana bread. For the most part, the bananas were gone before I got all the groceries unpacked. My dad used to stop by and visit the kids every now and then and he'd never bring cookies or sweets for them but a big bunch of bananas for the "little monkeys"

Bananas are the perfect food. I just keep thinking too that there's a special link between Harry and Meghan and bananas. Now I'm going to be watching the tour even closer and see if anyone gifts them bunches of bananas. That'd be so cool even if the couple couldn't actually accept and eat said bananas.
I love banana flavoured products and products with bananas in them, particularly banana bread, though there's something about bananas on their own that has never appealed to me. I've never liked the texture though I'm absolutely obsessed with banana bread at the moment

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan's shoes are made from recycled bottles!!!

Details here -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...meets-eye.html

And who's who in the Royal entourage -

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ca-mulroney/1/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...han-under.html
Old 10-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Yeah, I use those shoes for work when I have days when I'm doing a lot of walking. I have three pairs in various colours. My pink Rothys is my summer staple since they can be washed. I've worn that and my Toms all over Europe for 3 months, and they are the most comfortable shoes in the world.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Meghan's shoes are made from recycled bottles!!!

Details here -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...meets-eye.html
Oh! I have to love this and there's one very happily newly married princess that also will be smiling ear to ear hearing how Meghan's shoes were made. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Eugenie wasn't the instigator to tell Meghan about these shoes. Eugenie is an advocate for cleaning up our oceans from plastic and spoke out on World Ocean Day just recently. She also has made news stating that her home and her wedding were totally plastic free.

Now this, to me, is a prime example of making a difference on a world stage. Even though it may seem trivial and inconsequential that a lot of focus is put on what Meghan wears, what she wears also can and does make a statement and have an impact and call attention to something in a roundabout way. I'm willing to bet that these shoes are going to quickly catch on and sell out. I'd love a pair myself but unfortunately, the price exceeds my budget.

Remember, folks, to recycle your plastic items. So much can be done with them.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It just isn't fair to me when I log on and start reading of the day's adventures in Dubbo and in post after post, there's mentions of banana bread. That starts my craving early in the day and now I want banana bread with a strong cup of the strong Earl Grey blend I have with extra bergemot. I do have bananas but not enough to make banana bread. Close enough!

I think its possible that banana bread is something that both Harry and Meghan enjoy together. Perhaps she made it for Harry when they were first starting to get to know each other. Remember her spooning bananas on her IG account?

I'm also seeing Harry and Meghan adapting to this Down Under tour like a duck takes to water. Just reading the various reports here on TRF, it reinforces my belief that the people, in general, in Australia are a laid back, friendly and open sort of people that are really making Harry and Meghan feel welcomed wherever they go and from what we've seen, Harry and Meghan, themselves, are eager to get out there and interact with the people as much as they can. There's no differentiating between "royal" and "people". Its like everyone is a Luke Vincent and out to have a good time with each other along with seeing and meeting Harry and Meghan.

Thank you so much to our Australian friends here on TRF that have made this tour seem like we're almost there in the middle of it instead of thousands of miles away. We're living this tour vicariously through you!

That was great fun yesterday Osipi, following the live TV coverage and posting here.

I think Tarlita, Axeyman, Iluvbertie and Curryong all would have had a fantastic day.

Certainly the TV reporters, both in the studio and in the field at different spots, were all big smiles, lovely comments, funny remarks and had a great day too.

(A lot of them are our TV news staff, so a Royal tour must be a wonderful tonic for them to cover after all the usual things they have to report on.)

We've had fantastic coverage of the last couple of days. I'm not sure how much is available overseas, but we are seeing every little thing. Most of it, as it happens.

Today is scheduled to be great again. Not sure about the weather in Melbourne, but I want to see that tram ride.

Trams are one of the things Melbourne has always had to hold over Sydney - great rivalry between the two cities.

Melbourne has a better food, coffee, fashion, sporting and street-art culture. Beautiful old shopping arcades and very avant-garde new architecture.

Better civic gardens, a more convenient city layout - very walkable. Theatres, gardens, cafes, shopping, city jobs, big sports venues all together.

Sydney has the advantages of a warmer climate, over seventy beaches, the Harbour.

After ripping out our trams decades ago, we're in chaos here for a couple of years putting them back in!

But the main Harbour, Darling Harbour and the way Sydney is geographically, makes it a more chopped up place to live.

It's good that the two cities are so different. Have a great day following the couple Osipi, it should be great fun again.

And little Luke is currently live on national TV - holding his own microphone as he's being interviewed!

What fun for him and his family.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe little Luke is the Daphne Dunne of future royal visits Down Under by Harry and Meghan. Someone is going to eventually have to carry Daphne's royal fandom on. Harry and Meghan just have that natural ability to quickly form a good connection with people easily.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Just reported that scattered showers in Melbourne are now clearing - hopefully for the day.

It's just after 8.00am and we're having a live cross to outside of Admiralty House here in Sydney where fourteen motorcycle outriders have just arrived.

The couple are due to leave again for the airport in about half an hour.

Bet they have massive crowds at the Botanic Garden event down there.

Quote:
Maybe little Luke is the Daphne Dunne of future royal visits Down Under by Harry and Meghan. Someone is going to eventually have to carry Daphne's royal fandom on. Harry and Meghan just have that natural ability to quickly form a good connection with people easily.
Love it Osipi - little Luke was just on Channel 7, I flipped stations and now he's being interviewed live across Australia again, by Channel 9!

And Harry and Meghan are just about to see a cruise ship sail past their Admiralty House windows - if they're not too busy to look up.

And earlier this morning, while it was still dark, another beautiful ship went by, all lit up - if they were awake to see it!

The Harbour is always busy with something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
No worries, as we say here. Does anyone know though, why Harry is wearing a black ring in his right hand?
I think your question here has sparked an intensive journalistic investigation Curryong!

(Not that I think we have a definitive answer yet!)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...alia-tour.html

Live crosses to Melbourne where crowds are already gathering.

Love the idea of the packet of Arnott's "Royals" as a gift. (An Oz bikkie.)

Helicopter has just arrived over Admiralty House - just gone 8.35am.

They're off - just gone 8.45am.

Nice - they must know where the cameras are poitioned in the street now. Both Meghan and Harry looked straight at the camera and gave big smiles and waved.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

While waiting for the onset of today's adventures of Harry and Meghan, something has happened that I never thought would happen or ever think that I would do. I'm going to post a Daily Mail (notice I didn't say Fail) article here that I absolutely love.

Watching Harry all these years and his interactions each time with war widow Daphne Dunne at 98 years young, I went looking for an article that puts all three meetings together along with pictures and the Daily Mail not only provided those but also a history of Mrs. Dunne's first husband, Albert Chowne, the recipient of the Victoria Cross.

Daphne has stolen my heart too and miracles do happen and Osipi links a Daily Mail article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...arry-time.html
Old 10-17-2018, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

Australia to Meghan's defence -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ustralian.html

And Luke and Harry made the newspaper as a cartoon today.

Harry knealing down while little Luke bestow's Harry's "highest honour", a ruffle of his beard.