Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote saying that I can't access next page, and it disappeared! What's going on, I can't view page 35.

Last edited:
Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews 1h1 hour ago
The Duke and Duchess look at the statue of sacrifice inside the Hall of Memory at the Anzac memorial in Sydney’s Hyde Park

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews 47m46 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess lay their first wreath together at Sydney’s ANZAC memorial in Sydney, honouring more than 60,000 Aussies who were killed 1914-1918.

Alexander Britton @adbritton 47m47 minutes ago
Harry and Meghan lay a wreath on the memorial #RoyalVisitAustralia

I think it's inky natural the coverage is bigger. Even if not the heir.

1 The whole American duchess as media called her
2 they are newly married, honeymoon phase for popularity
3 excitement of the baby news
4 Invictus
5 Harry has always been popular to watch, a bit more exciting. And having a wife just increases that.

Will and Kate had been married for several years and done tours. Other then seeing George, not the same excitement or newness.

I love the story about Harry and the woman on the bridge. It's just like Harry to stop even on schedule to make sure they could talk. Harry truly was impacted by his time on the active front. His work with Invictus shows this but even more so his interaction with soldiers and their families. While I get the connection between will and bereavement in mental health, I always feel such a stronger connection for Harry with heads together. Maybe it's simply because it is entrenched in so much he does not simply heads together.

Nice appearance at the memorial :flowers:

Just saw the yoga story about Meghan. Surprised having trouble sleeping
Between her busy schedule and pregnancy, I'd think exhausted.

Just saw the yoga story about Meghan. Surprised having trouble sleeping
Between her busy schedule and pregnancy, I'd think exhausted.

It really depends on the woman. I'm betting her body is still adjusting to the time difference. Although the coverage has been good, and she is wearing a smile, there have been some shots where she looks like she could use a shut eye for a few minutes. In pregnancy, there will be times where you have a ton of energy and you feel like superwoman and times when you're drained, and all of this can happen in space of 24 hours.

I wrote saying that I can't access next page, and it disappeared! What's going on, I can't view page 35.

I am having a similar problem in another thread. I posted a comment in Meghan's jewelry thread several days ago about that black ring Harry was wearing (before DM article). I can't get past page 18 in that one. Its been a couple of days. I tried signing out and signing back in; signing out and closing the browser, then restarting my laptop but nothing works and there is a page 19 showing in the list of pages. There was a something about someone else having a problem last week that someone posted some suggestions. Problem is, I don't remember which thread it was in and since I wasn't having a problem then I didn't really pay any attention to the suggestions. :bang:

She looks a lot less tired in the Anzac pics. The jet lag has probably gotten better but the pregnancy, she has a got several months to go!

The scene at the Anzac Memorial extension was impressive, it's always fabulous to see Harry in his tropical whites of course, but Meghan looked great as well, and I'm so glad they did a little mini tour nearby as well. It's always good to view these things.

Last edited:
And they're on their way to Cockatoo Island.

Here's a photo of them leaving Admiralty House by boat -

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/725258765fe84655b320cc4b98e125eb.ashx

And now just after 1.20pm and another photo of their arrival on Cockatoo Island.

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/06cef1366fcb4a9da9dc7a959561369e.ashx

And a photo of the bit in between - their boat entourage -

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/c0f9588de0d64b3ebaf396576388482c.ashx

Walking on the island -

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/4fe56b0d68b141e98a0cf7207c4963b2.ashx

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/bc8a0737387ccc47c8be9cdd0a331824?width=650

On the island - Meghan looks so glamorous in those sunnies and that blazer -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp6uhu3X4AAxACl?format=jpg&name=orig

Last edited:
Kathia_Sophia and Lady Marlboro -

I just had the same issue in this thread - and a few days ago also.

"Solved" it by posting - and that took me to the page I was locked out of.

(I just posted a row of dots - and then deleted them.)

Hope this helps you both.

It worked. Thank you. I was getting frustrated.

I should also add that CBS Evening News are also covering the tour (not just the first day). I'm not sure if other news organizations are covering it as their regular program as well since I don't watch them. And of course, all the entertainment shows that typically cover major royal events are covering it.

Who is taking photos for Mirror? Horrible lighting.

Thank you for all the photos, Sun Lion! Are you planning on seeing Harry and Meghan at an engagement during their time in Australia? ?
Loved the photos of the two at the Invitcus event in particular, it's easy to tell that Harry is incredibly passionate about the games and the organisation and was certainly in his element during the engagement.

Thank you for all the photos, Sun Lion! Are you planning on seeing Harry and Meghan at an engagement during their time in Australia? ?
Loved the photos of the two at the Invitcus event in particular, it's easy to tell that Harry is incredibly passionate about the games and the organisation and was certainly in his element during the engagement.

Hi HereditaryPrincess - I'm in two minds about trying to see the couple today.

After yesterday's dramatic storm, thank goodness the rest of the night was good, but we've all woken up to a very rough morning.

The day is brightening and the wind is starting to settle, but it could also just as easily go the other way. :lol:

I'm not expecting Harry and Meghan to be on the move until mid-morning.

TV here has reported this morning, that there will be a Reception with them for the Invictus guys and gals, and they will be viewing some of the competition.

The sailing is due in little Farm Cove today - a very small and protected bay next to the Botanic Gardens, just along from the Opera House.

The road cycling is also due today, on one of the roadways of the gardens.

There is also all the public involvement with the Wellness Walks and sausage sizzle that wil be on at the same locations - NSW Government House and the Botanic Gardens/Domain area.

The reporters keep saying that there has been a lot of rest time actually built into the schedule of the tour - people must have been aware of the pregnancy during the planning.

And of course, no one would have known how well or otherwise Meghan might have been.

I don't think they are due anywhere until around 11.30am - I can't remember where I saw that.

And of course, there may be private meetings/activities for Invictus that aren't on the tour schedule and we don't know about.

It's currently coming up to 10.15am here in Sydney and I'll see how the day goes. I think it will be pot-luck if you're in the same place as them at the same time as them.

Here are some photos of the resort they will be staying at tomorrow night.

TV reporters just said this morning that there is no accommodation left on the island, and that it will go into shutdown at 9.30am tomorrow.

The couple are due to arrive at this jetty - not sure if by boat or by helicopter.

And the TV coverage said this will be the last chance for the ordinalry public to meet the couple - along this jetty.

I really enjoyed Harry's speech last night - so lovely to see someone speaking where their eyes are alight and alive. (Perhaps I've been watching too many politicians etc where everything above the mouth seems shut down. :lol:)

The Kingfisher Resort and the jetty - (amongst a few other promo photos.)

https://wetu.com/iBrochure/en/Photos/57871/Kingfisher_Bay_Resort/Fullscreen

Last edited:
The reporters keep saying that there has been a lot of rest time actually built into the schedule of the tour - people must have been aware of the pregnancy during the planning.

That's actually opposite to what I've heard. The only rest period we know is Monday and this morning for both. And of course, the additional time when Harry was doing the bridge climb. But there aren't actually rest days built into the schedule during the tour for them to take a break.

That's actually opposite to what I've heard. The only rest period we know is Monday and this morning for both. And of course, the additional time when Harry was doing the bridge climb. But there aren't actually rest days built into the schedule during the tour for them to take a break.

Yes jacqui24, no rest days, only periods of down time.

They've been coming back to Admiralty House between engagements when in Sydney - to change and freshen up no doubt, but also to escape the contstant attention for a little while.

I just saw that they will be presenting cycling medals this afternoon, and stopping by Farm Cove to check out some of the sailing.

There is a Reception tonight with the Prime Minister and Invictus folk at Government House.

And while the couple are in the Botanic Gardens they will also be visiting the Hub - but I suspect that is in the grounds of Government House and you may need to be a part of Invictus to access that.

Fingers crossed regarding the weather today - would be wonderful if eveything is packed to overflowing.

Last edited:
Looks like Meghan needs a bit more rest than they'd anticipated. Royal twitter is now reporting that Meghan will be pulling out of this morning's cycling as well as a couple of events over the next couple of days.

“After a busy programme, The Duke and Duchess have decided to cut back The Duchess's schedule slightly for the next couple of days, ahead of the final week and a half of the tour,” says a royal aide

Looks like Meghan needs a bit more rest than they'd anticipated. Royal twitter is now reporting that Meghan will be pulling out of this morning's cycling as well as a couple of events over the next couple of days.

“After a busy programme, The Duke and Duchess have decided to cut back The Duchess's schedule slightly for the next couple of days, ahead of the final week and a half of the tour,” says a royal aide

Good, no sense in Meghan becoming exhausted. I’m sure she thought it would be fine, she’s used to being on the go with a busy schedule. But pregnancy takes a toll on your body even if you are very energetic and healthy.

Not suprised hel, but disppointing for everyone - including her and Harry.

I wonder if she will still be going to lunch or on the boat this afternoon - or is it al off for today?

(Thanks for the heads-up.)

Last edited:
Not suprised hel, but disppointing for everyone - including her and Harry.

I wonder if she will still be going to lunch or on the boat this afternoon - or is it all off for today?

(Thanks for the heads-up.)

I think the delayed opening ceremonies took a toll, TBH.

She's still planned to go to the lunch and the sailing.

It looks like she'll fly with him to Fraser Island (perhaps because I've seen their flight to Fiji is from Fraser Island), but he'll be doing those engagements by himself.

I think the delayed opening ceremonies took a toll, TBH.

It's not just that. She's having difficulty sleeping until she needs to wake up in the morning because of jet lag and the baby. They've also had quite long days for the last two days, plus the traveling in the two before then. They are relatively short flights, but it does take a toll. The engagements also expected her to be on her feet quite a bit. I'm sure she's disappointed, but this is the right decision.

I'm relieved to see this: that was a punishing pace even if you aren't pregnant, so it's very smart to cut back a bit so that she can finish off the tour without doing any damage.

She was beginning to look tired at her last couple of engagements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom