Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love Megsies and Harrys PDA. Hope they continue with it.

For me hand holding and supporting backrubs are not PDA. In America it is weird if a couple does not hold hands. Most of our politicians hold hands with their wives as a sign of togetherness and unity.

Michelle and Barack handholding:
https://www.google.com/search?q=oba...eAhXlRt8KHdvhCs8QsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1366&bih=632

IMHO a PDA involves kissing and making out or squeezing......to be honest Zara and her husband show more actual PDA and I remember growing up seeing Charles kissing Diana all the time. We have only seen Harry and Meghan kiss twice.

For me hand holding and supporting backrubs are not PDA. In America it is weird if a couple does not hold hands. Most of our politicians hold hands with their wives as a sign of togetherness and unity.

https://www.google.com/search?q=oba...eAhXlRt8KHdvhCs8QsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1366&bih=632

IMHO a PDA involves kissing and making out or squeezing......to be honest Zara and her husband show more actual PDA and I remember growing up seeing Charles kissing Diana all the time. We have only seen Harry and Meghan kiss twice.

AlowVera,

Personally, I consider hand holding to be PDA, but everyone has differing opinions of course.

Come to think of it, even a smile can be construed as showing affection. So can a glance across a crowded room and many other examples.

Harry and Meghan publicly demonstrate their feelings for each other in ways that are unmistakable. It definitely rules out the supposition that they've married for any other reason besides love. That's for sure. :D

They are on their way - footage of the couple boarding their plane to Queensland is now on the internet.

(Sorry fashion-watches - I can post photos, but can't do video.)

Meghan in a dress - full skirted, sleeveless, plummy-brown colour. Longish length, hair in a pony-tail. Sandals or thongs.

Harry accessorised by carrying his own baggage - and a pair of sunnies in his mouth. :lol:

Last edited:
Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

IMHO a PDA involves kissing and making out or squeezing.......

I don’t think it’s “weird” in America if a couple chooses not to hold hands. Plenty don’t.

I really don’t define hand holding as PDA either. Kissing, yes. Hand holding is about as low key as it gets imo. To me PDA is more distracting to others. I wouldn’t define hand holding to be distracting.

I think it’s nice that Harry and Meghan hold hands. Given Harry’s personality, I don’t think it’s the least bit surprising either. I find it annoying that Meghan “clinging” to Harry is put on her. Like it’s all her. Seems to be a mutual preference to me.

Last edited:
Sun Lion and Curryong I expect you may get the footage of todays events one hour before me due to Daylight saving. Or am I getting mixed up about timings.
I have to go out now for a little while. Should be back in time to see them land I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sun Lion and Curryong I expect you may get the footage of todays events one hour before me due to Daylight saving. Or am I getting mixed up about timings.
I have to go out now for a little while. Should be back in time to see them land I hope.

Hi Tarlita. I'm out soon for the rest of the day, so wil be missing live things - but recording them.

Glad Sydney Channel 9 is doing two specials on the Fraser Island action.

As a Queenslander Tarlita - do you know if they will they have to fly from Hervey Bay to Brissie tomorrow to get the flight to Fiji?

I think William and Kate had a flight change there.

Isn't that were Kate picked up that souvenir stone on the airport tarmac. (Or is my Royal watching brain a bit fried at this stage.)

Plane just landed at Hervey Bay - coming down the stairs hand in hand. :lol:

Going their seperate ways already - no public arrival for Meghan by the look of it.

Got into different vehicles at the bottom of the plane staircase.

Harry in a gold bus!

Yes they will have to fly to Brisbane to make the flight to beautiful Fiji.
Sorry I don't remember Kates souvenir stone. Too many years back for me.
Hervey Bay has been a great retirement place for people. Very laid back. Lots of whiting - fish and flathead caught here unless you go out into the deep.
I have just seen H&M disembark from the plane about 5 minutes ago.

Yes they will have to fly to Brisbane to make the flight to beautiful Fiji.
Sorry I don't remember Kates souvenir stone. Too many years back for me.
Hervey Bay has been a great retirement place for people. Very laid back. Lots of whiting - fish and flathead caught here unless you go out into the deep.
I have just seen H&M disembark from the plane about 5 minutes ago.

Thanks Tarlita. (I'll check Google re Kate when I get a moment.)

Meghan is heading to the Hervey Bay Marina to board a boat - the "Tasman Adventurer" which is a whale-watching vessel normally.

A crowd is gathering there though, and TV live reporter, so may be some footage/coverage of her.

And aerial footage is following Meghan's vehicle.

Harry heading off to board a barge to go see the whales while eating lunch.

Such an enormous crowd at the marina to see Meghan. She didn't take much time with the people there, straight onto the boat really.

And Harry's gold bus on the barge and he's out waving to people as he sails away.

And now Meghan's sailing away.

Great aerial coverage.

Last edited:
Ok so Harry is on the 4wd barge as he will be driving to Pile Valley - the rainforest, then across to Lake Mc Kenzie etc. There are no proper roads on the island. Just sand tracks for 4 wheel drive vehicles only.
Whereas Meghan is on a nice boat off to Kingfisher resort, to relax in airconditioning and gorgeous tropical foods and fruit.

Ok so Harry is on the 4wd barge as he will be driving to Pile Valley - the rainforest, then across to Lake Mc Kenzie etc. There are no proper roads on the island. Just sand tracks for 4 wheel drive vehicles only.
Whereas Meghan is on a nice boat off to Kingfisher resort, to relax in airconditioning and gorgeous tropical foods and fruit.

You sound like you know the area well Tarlita.

Harry waving from his boat -

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/a75eb2f91224d743c80e7ab44ff5b736?width=650

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/17a916e439f44784a3166ade07f20ce2.ashx

And Meghan about to get on hers -

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/83a5fdf812cebfbd892d32ddc58853b3?width=650

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/edd9780abd6a401abda801f139be8111.ashx

Last edited:
7 News has two choppers out to follow both of them around today.

75 mile beach on Fraser Island is very popular with families camping in tents at Easter. It gets quite crowded. You camp in the tree line and walk across a wide expanse of beach and catch your fish breakfast with a big surf rod. Just need to watch out for 4wd's travelling up and down the beach. Of course Kingfisher resort is available if camping is not your style.
A lot of families go there every year usually at Easter.

Meghan and Harry’s ott pda hasn’t escaped the attention of Amanda Platell and the DM:

“Yes she’s joyfully pregnant, yes it’s her first big tour with Harry, but does Meghan have to cling on to her husband constantly as if her life depended upon it?”

From the same opinion piece: "As for that ‘hand-baked’ banana loaf she presented to residents in the town of Dubbo, no one believes she made it."

Because everyone knows banana bread can only be baked by the finest pastry chefs in the world... :whistling:

I am cracking up at them following both of them separately, split screen and all.

The reporters are saying Meghan will likely do the walkabout which is around 3pm,

Platell hates Meghan. Her ranting is expected and predictable. She is clearly the minority cause the people they are actually visiting don't share her opinion based on the coverage. :lol::whistling:

They just said no live coverage of Harry at Pile Valley due to it being a dead spot for satellite coverage.

Ya know..it's like the media has no idea who Harry is...he's always been open with his emotions and affectionate with people. Did they expect him to marry and all the sudden become reserved and non-demonstrative?

LaRae

Its funny how the UK papers are concern trolling Harry about showing emotion. Harry is the same Harry that he has always been. But now all of the sudden he is breaking protocol by hugging people? They act like noone ever followed the royal family before. Why is hugging wrong because of Meghan but before Meghan it was fine and dandy?

Its funny how the UK papers are concern trolling Harry about showing emotion. Harry is the same Harry that he has always been. But now all of the sudden he is breaking protocol by hugging people? They act like noone ever followed the royal family before. Why is hugging wrong because of Meghan but before Meghan it was fine and dandy?

Correction: AP isn't trolling Harry. AP is trolling Meghan for holding her own husband's hand.

Thank you sun lion and tarlita for making me feel like I’m there. How lovely to possibly see migrating whales! Glad Meghan will get a day off. If mental health is one of their topics of concern, showing that taking time off from work is Good for a balanced life

From the same opinion piece: "As for that ‘hand-baked’ banana loaf she presented to residents in the town of Dubbo, no one believes she made it."

Because everyone knows banana bread can only be baked by the finest pastry chefs in the world... :whistling:

To me, it hardly matters if Meghan baked the bread herself or not (to be clear, I believe she did). The point is, she brought something to share, which is a thoughtful thing to do, and was clearly appreciated as such.

Prince Harry sitting on the pristine white sand in some shade and an aboriginal elder explaining the indigenous story about lake McKenzie and area.
Her name is aunty neigh neigh. Not sure of that spelling.
Harry walked into the lake just over the ankles and is taking handfuls of water. This water is not spring fed but entirely rain water. Crystal clear. I think he enjoyed the coolness on his feet.

UK reporters. How thick in the head are the negative ones when they can clearly see Meghan being warmly embraced by the Australian public.
Says more about the type of person the reporter is.

Harry has walked slowly along the waters edge and washed his face with the lake water. Only a handfull of people there, with the majorityof campers and folks on the other side of the lake.
I think he has walked off back to the 4wd now.
Sunny and warm.

Harry scooped a handful of water to taste.
Fraser sky bright brilliant blue and some thunderstorm clouds developing on the horizon. Can't tell if its coming from the east or west.

Ah, yes.
'Meghan'.
totes
clearly
as usual with both hands

It always makes me feel a bit sad for the people who are so insistently triggered by a man holding his wife's hand or a supporting hand on the back. I reckon they must be very starved for physical affection themselves to be so upset about such a natural thing.

The Australians sure are obsessed with these two and their coverage and general handling of this tour really brings a smile to my face and they are truly putting the tone of the British tabloid coverage to shame.

Last edited:
Check out Harry standing among the shady trees behind the old jetty, with indigenous elders explaining the significance of the totem poles there. And I swear Harry is sporting a little tummy I haven't noticed before. He is wearing a dark long sleeve shirt and a pair of chinos.

Harry now giving a speech about the Queens Canopy Forest. It has the
protection of the Queen. No more logging or mining.
These satin wood trees last a thousand years. They are sea borer resistant which is why they were logged for the London docks area in the 1950s. (?)

May I suggest Harry will turn up to see Meghan with a sunburnt face. Our sun is fierce. He has spent too long without a hat. IMO.
H arry now boarding Rib to travel to the catamaran boat then travel to the resort.

Weather radar shows some storms a few hours to the east of the island. Nothing to worry about I wouldn't think.

Our press now saying this part of the tour is private away from the press.

Tarlita,

Has there been any more commentary about Megsie possibly turning up at the meet & greet along Kingfisher Bay jetty.

Our press not being given definate plans yet. Meet and greet another 40 minutes. Having lunch on board the boat at the moment. Saying both of them at present so I presume Meghan is on board. Very difficult to get accurate info all morning.

Sorry Chloep for not responding earlier to your post. Tis a sad sad thing to read what low lifes people in charge of reporting have become. So much more I would like to say about it, but I believe we should never lower our standards down to there level.

More useless info for you.
The reason Lake McKenzie is so pure for drinking water is that the Ph balance is only 4.2.
Fish need a Ph balance of 8.4 to survive.
So No fish number 2s in this lake. No do do's what so ever.

The press bus was a wild ride for them at breakneck speed -- looked like over those sandy track - roads. They were bounced all over the place.
Ha ha.

Gosh the reporting has been all over the place.

Harry off the boat. Meghan brought out on the jetty by car. Meghan now wearing a white and grey vertical stripe dress. They are walking the jetty.

Tarlita,

Has there been any more commentary about Megsie possibly turning up at the meet & greet along Kingfisher Bay jetty.

Yes Axeyman - live coverage on 9 - walking together on the jetty.

Hair up, different dress, both wearing their sunnies.

Media are going to have a field day with the transparency of Meghan's outfit against the sparkling water.

And great descriptions of Fraser Tarlita - appreciated.

Last edited:
A nice meet and greet with the two paramedics who famously granted a dying ladies last wish (a good while ago.) They pulled up and wheeled the ambulance bed over to a spot where the lady was able to soak up looking at the ocean one last time for a few minutes. It was a poignant story and photo from behind and the sheer humanity of the photo was very touching.
The paramedics presented the couple with 2 red cross teddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom