The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
And now the Duchess of Cornwall is included.
All is good.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:30 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Technically yes, he had to change his citizenship!
He thought so at the time, but a ruling later on (in relation to Prince Ernst August of Hanover) found that all descendants of Sophia of Hanover born before 1948 were British subjects from birth.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

David Cameron has also sent a statement:

https://twitter.com/David_Cameron/st...89082455216130
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:36 AM
Nobility

That the couple became engaged earlier this month does not amaze me . I am only amazed that they managed to keep it quiet for so long , given the intense press and social media speculation. IMO I think they would have liked to have kept it quiet for a bit longer, but Number 10 almost let the "cat out of the bag" at the week-end.

This may have led to the non-traditional announcement, that is not 11.00 hours , with the press assembled and Meghan able to show her ring.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Very sweet. Much more heartfelt then their playful statements for W&C "They've been practicing long enough. Makes me feel old." and "It's brilliant. It's wicked".

They've grown softer with age.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
That the couple became engaged earlier this month does not amaze me . I am only amazed that they managed to keep it quiet for so long , given the intense press and social media speculation. IMO I think they would have liked to have kept it quiet for a bit longer, but Number 10 almost let the "cat out of the bag" at the week-end.

This may have led to the non-traditional announcement, that is not 11.00 hours , with the press assembled and Meghan able to show her ring.
I live in Germany and the announcement was made when our clocks have shown 11:00.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Very sweet. Much more heartfelt then their playful statements for W&C "They've been practicing long enough. Makes me feel old." and "It's brilliant. It's wicked".

iím no expert but I think evidence show the prince of Wales has always been a soft hearted man.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post

I donít think itís that theyíve grown soft with age. Rather Will and Kate were together for so long that most of the family was probably just waiting for them to get on with it.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:59 AM
Nobility

Just put on the morning coffee and thought I'd check out the latest here and BOOM!

So very happy for them----and for us love this exciting news.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What about Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark?!?
Well, yes and no. He did go to school in the UK and was in the Royal Navy, so not totally "foreign."
Old 11-27-2017, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

The photo call is in less than an hour, no one wants to guess what dress she will wear? Designer? Color? The ring? Who will do the interview set to air later today?
Old 11-27-2017, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well..we know she's a fan of Erdem so I'm going with them for today. Color...grey or navy.

The ring I am hoping it's one of the family rings re-done or stones used from the family to create a new setting. Since I've never seen her wear stones I'm going with diamonds but fully expect to be wrong! lol

I think they announced who's doing the interview didn't they? Maybe not?

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen Jones View Post
I congratulate them and wish them luck I still think that he rush this too soon hopefully it will last and not turn out to be a Andrew and Sarah knowing someone for a year is just not really that much time to fully see if that person is the one but all the best to them ✌️
Harry and Meghan have been dating for at least 18 months. And I think they both knew they were serious early on in the relationship. They are both in their 30s and have had other long term relationships.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Harry and Meghan have been dating for at least 18 months. And I think they both knew they were serious early on in the relationship. They are both in their 30s and have had other long term relationships.
18? According to Meghan they met July 2016, which is 16 months ago.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:20 AM
Nobility

The ring ? Well I am hoping for something a little unusual like a Tanzanite or Fire opal.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
The ring ? Well I am hoping for something a little unusual like a Tanzanite or Fire opal.
Personally I'd love to see that big Aquamarine stone Diana wore used as an engagement ring. But most here felt it wasn't valuable enough to be an engagement ring. Personally if a girl likes it the value doesn't matter but that's just my view.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Article from BBC with all details:
Prince Harry to marry girlfriend Meghan Markle next year - BBC News
Quote:
The engaged couple will appear for photographs outside Kensington Palace on Monday afternoon, and will take part in a broadcast interview in the evening.
Richard Palmer‏ @RoyalReporter
Labour Party activists booed journalists who asked opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn for his reaction to today's royal wedding announcement but he sent his hearty congratulations to the couple.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:30 AM
Commoner

Just seeing the news, and I am so excited and elated for both Meghan and Harry! I can't wait to see the press conference here in just a few minutes in the States....hopefully, Sky news will carry it.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Personally I'd love to see that big Aquamarine stone Diana wore used as an engagement ring. But most here felt it wasn't valuable enough to be an engagement ring. Personally if a girl likes it the value doesn't matter but that's just my view.

LaRae
I thought that ring is/was a great choice, at least for Meghan or Chelsy. Imo, it would of been too bulky for the dainty Cressida.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

LaRae
Another fan here for the aquamarine!

Closed Thread