Crown Princess Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like this woman

Source:polfoto

You are right!..she looks like Julianne More :) ... I love her hair`s color..and her style..the hats suit her pretty well..and I have to say that when there is a Princess Mary´s official duty, I always look forward to seeing Caroline too! :p

Adry said:
You are right!..she looks like Julianne More :) ... I love her hair`s color..and her style..the hats suit her pretty well..and I have to say that when there is a Princess Mary´s official duty, I always look forward to seeing Caroline too! :p

Aside from Victoria's mentor, this is one of the few times I've actually noticed one of the royal assistants. I agree that Caroline is quite pretty and stylish in a very sedate and elegant kind of way. The way she carries herself is very charming and graceful.

I always look forward to seeing Caroline, too, not to mention what she's wearing! (I especially liked this outfit.)

I think that as a friend and as someone chosen for this role, she'll know not to steal the limelight from Mary and for a lack of a better phrase, she'll "know her place" and keep the focus on Mary without comprimising who she is as an individual or her style.

I hope that she'll continue to dress as polished and as elegantly as she does while supporting Mary in her duties.

well I think both are very similar!!!!Both very beautiful women

I think Caroline is beautiful too. She´s got the "X" factor. If Mary had any worries about Caroline´s charisma and looks, she wouldn´t have agreed to having her as L-i-W. So relax, those who say Caroline is not keeping a low enough profile :)
BTW, I think Alex´s ex L-i-W (now pte secretary) is gorgeous too.
For me, it just tells me Mary and Alex are two confident women.

Alex present L-I-W is very beautiful and tall too. She dresses very elegantly . Her clothes are very nice too. Yes, I agree that both Mary and Alex are both very confident women.

Here is a beautiful and elegant Caroline Heering at the opening of the New Carlsberg Glyptotek, Im pretty sure her dress is from Heartmade spring 06 collection
0000000027kjoleqq5.jpg

Billedbladet

Last edited:
I think that Princess Mary must change her new lady in waiting because the last is became a star and has more charisma then the princess.

I can assure you Caroline is far from being a star in Denmark.
Therefore no need to change the l-i-w.
They get on well together and I am sure Caroline can help Mary more efficiently
than the former l-i-w since she is a born Dane, that's all that counts.
And I think the question whether she has more charisma than Mary or not can be discussed endlessly.
I personally don't think she has.

Last edited:
ricarda said:
I can assure you Caroline is far from being a star in Denmark.
Therefore no need to change the l-i-w.
They get on well together and I am sure Caroline can help Mary more efficiently
than the former l-i-w since she is a born Dane, that's all that counts.
And I think the question whether she has more charisma than Mary or not can be discussed endlessly.
I personally don't think she has.

IMHO she isn' t especially beautiful, but she is well-dressed (as you can see from the pictures), she looks smart - the way successful women and their attendants should look nowadays, she seems to enjoy the job (because a Heering needs not work that way) and there is a rapport between her and the princess - what could be more fortunate?:)

I also saw a picture of the l-i-w Caroline Heering where her hair was not red, but blonde.

I will try to find it again.

I am not sure about Carolines' beauty,she's a bit insipid for my taste,Mary is by far more pretty,but Caroline has a great body,which helps how she looks and like the way she dresses.

I don't understand why some people think that Mary and the Court should find a new lady-in-waiting based on that Caroline is prettier and is "outshining" Mary. I don't think Caroline is prettier; she's more striking. The red hair and the good clothes would make an impression on anyone. Mary and Caroline obvious get along well and both are getting the job done. Anyway this whole "outshining" business doesn't make any sense to me.

Why should Mary have to get a new LIW? Caroline is too pretty? How immensely shallow. Is the new rule to be that Princesses only get ugly women to walk behind them lest they feel threatened? Please.

Mary and Caroline are close, Caroline is doing a good job [I haven't read anything to the contrary]....why exactly should she be replaced? If Mary feels threatened by her, that's Mary's problem....though I sincerely doubt she is.

I think Princess Mary should have a young and active lady in waiting near her, Caroline is young, beautiful, full of energie like Princess Mary is. I think Mary have made a choice based on this, it looks like she likes to be sourrounded by young and beautiful people, just like her ;))))

Last edited:
What is the name of Caroline Heering's other daughter? I know about *Rosemarie Heering* but I wasn't aware that she had TWO daughters...Please help!!!

Larzen said:
Here is a beautiful and elegant Caroline Heering at the opening of the New Carlsberg Glyptotek, Im pretty sure her dress is from Heartmade spring 06 collection
Billedbladet
She reminds me here Julianne Moore .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies in Waiting

Well, you do know that Ladies in Waiting are not merely personal assistants or servants, they have traditionally served as a companion and a friend to the princess or queen. Look at Marie Antoinette with Polignac and the Princess de Lamballes....

Xeara said:
What is the name of Caroline Heering's other daughter? I know about *Rosemarie Heering* but I wasn't aware that she had TWO daughters...Please help!!!
Emilie Susanne

Mary is a Crown Princess but she was a plain Jane before who is polished to be the way she is now (one of the reasons I adore her), but she is also a person who needs companionship of someone close to her age and who quite familiar with the customs - so I don't think Caroline needs to go.

Liw

I agree. Mary has almost nobody in Denmark to confide in probably. You have to understand that the Royal Family is her in laws and her mother in law is the Queen of Denmark...everyone knows how commoners usually feel about even the visitation of inlaws. She lives in very close proximity to them and has little of the people she has known all her life around her. Her Lady in Waiting should be someone who she can confide in and talk to and be a friend or companion not just an assistant. Also someone she can "hang out" with. I don't see her hanging out with the former Lady in Waiting, the Countess.

How long do ladies-in-waiting remian the current lady-in-waiting? Is it a two year or three year thing?

When you really really think about it...a lady-in-waiting is a difficult job...especially to a *commoner* Princess...Firstly, people have been saying that she has to be an assistant and companion, advisor and confidante...They have their public and private lives (Caroline and Mary) but if I were Caroline I would find it difficult to be both a "friend of " and a "subject to" the Princess...considering Princess Mary is Australian-born and a commoner...Would that be a bitter pill to swallow, that the Princess she is serving is not Danish (born) and not from an aristocratic background? Those things may even make Caroline's job EASIER in a way...

I think it is a huge juggling act to be a lady-in-waiting to balance a genuine friendship with a serious public professional relationship...

I think the fact that she is the same age has Mary makes her a good confident and a good friend, and I think that is the most important thing for Mary. Even if she is more beautiful than Mary I think that is no importance for Mary!

she looks beautiful, looks like her dress is made of the same blue fabric mary wore last year ;)

Back
Top Bottom