Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 8: August 2020 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Polyesco.

It's a part of the rapid deployment force under NATO. That includes special forces. And they need to be handled via an HQ.
It is the first time smaller NATO countries take the responsibility for setting up such an HQ on their own, for the purpose of directing their own special forces. And eventually special forces from other countries as well, when this is fully operational, I suppose.
DK will have the responsibility for the HQ during 2021. I.e. in a crucial start up phase.

Normally special forces are coordinated and led by major NATO countries like France or Britain, not to mention USA.

Thank you for the info Muhler :flowers:

Another of Frederik's events has been cancelled but this time by the conference due to the covid restrictions.

"The Crown Prince was to preside over the State of Green's opening of the conference "The 2030 Countdown - Securing jobs, growth and people in a new green era" in Copenhagen on Friday 18 December.*

However, due to the new corona restrictions, the event has now been canceled, the organizer states."

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/endnu-en-aendring-i-frederiks-planer

Here's hoping that Christian's Covid-19 is a mild case and the rest of the family are spared. Most likely the four kids will sail through if they all become or are infected, but it's another story for Queen Margrethe, even worse though this second wave looks to be adversely affecting those in their 30's and 40's to a far greater degree so CP Frederik and CP Mary face a higher risk than previously.

Although the new national restrictions would have impacted the DRF, Christian's infection puts his family and all ancillary workers in quarantine meaning it's back to Zoom for many engagements.

I too hope that the DRF pulls through Covid okay and one of the experts said that we may be in face masks for another year.

Not a bad suit. by itself needs some color tie, like this it looks boring. I think he also needs a haircut and the beard looks scraggly, maybe a bit shorter.

Frederik successfully sported a bedraggled accountant look.

Last edited:

The initiative launched is interesting and I wonder whether it could become a success.
The communal singing we had during the semi-lockdown in the spring was a big success! And still is.
There is a weekly show every Friday, lasting an hour where various artists sing, while cutting to live clips submitted by people from all over the land, singing along at home.
I understand it has begun to really take root as a kind of weekly family tradition, or a tradition among friends when they meet. (*)

Now, if something similar could be arranged on a weekly basis, where various celebs, like Frederik and his family, led the Danes in various light exercises performed at home, again with clips submitted from the viewers, it might catch on.
And at least people would get some exercise for half and hour or an hour, and that's better than nothing.
Not least since many of us again are in a state of semi-lockdown and that lockdown will continue for a while and probably at some point being tightened even more.

(*) Historically communal singing has been very common in times of crisis.
People sing when they are scared and the world is unsafe and the future uncertain, in order to find a kind of safety or reassurance in doing something together as a group.
Like Londoners singing in the tube during the Blitz.
During the Occupation WWII the phenomenon became very widespread in DK. Here the purpose was similar: Seeking a feeling safety, but also expressing nationalism and a subtle way of expressing defiance against the occupation, because a number of favorite songs contained lines that could be interpreted very much according to the situation! - Some songs as such ended up being banned.

Resume from DR’s article:
The Crown Prince to the Danes: Let’s move.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/viden/bevaegelse/kronprinsen-til-danskerne-saet-i-gang

Last night during DR Sport's show 'Sport 2020', Crown Prince Frederik took the lead in a new project under the name 'Together in motion' will make Danes move a little more in 2021.

And the Crown Prince's timing is good. Because it goes the wrong way with the Danes' participation in sports, according to a new study from the Sports Research Institute.
Both among children and adults sports participation has fallen since 2011. Until then, it had been constantly increasing.
At the same time, the coronavirus has made an active lifestyle difficult for many Danes.

- The figures show that the corona crisis has slowed down the historical development and that it has created a new situation in the sports landscape. The new figures confirm the picture from our previous studies during the corona crisis, which showed that sports participation has fallen a bit, says Steffen Rask, analyst at the Sports Research Institute.

DR, the Danish Company Sports Association, Danish School Sports, DIF and DGI are behind the project 'Together in motion', which rises over the country in six different waves during the year.

The first wave is already hitting here in January under the name 'Denmark goes together', which will open the eyes of Danes to one of the most easily accessible forms of exercise: Walking.
The other five waves hit under the headlines 'Our incredible body', 'Dance Denmark', 'Let the Games Begin', 'Denmark's Exercise Week' and 'The year we went'.

It's possible the clastrophobic feeling resulting from isolation and lockdowns could inspire many adults and children to get off the couch and move outdoors for organized activities or just walking.

I have to admit that the most active I have ever been was during the national lockdown. We were allowed to exercise locally as long as we social distanced and wore a mask. Now I can go anywhere in NZ but the siren call of the sofa is hard to resist.

:previous: very nice! He has been involved with the Danish Tech Challenge for a long time.

Article and picture
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...paa-amalienborg-frederik-med-noget-paa-hjerte
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/s3fs-public/media/article/fredeny.jpg

Another event today.
Visit to the Capital Region Emergency Medical Services.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-video/hkh-kronprinsen-besoegte-hovedstadens-akutberedskab

(..) here is the instagram post from Frederik's 2nd event with more info on his visit.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKmT5EcAYeU/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Iceflower and Polyesco :flowers:

Great words from CP Frederik at the virtual final of the Danish Tech Challenge.
And nice new modern glasses our future King has got :cool:

Great to see CP Frederik put focus on the Capital Region Emergency Medical Services.
Here is what Frederik wrote on the DRF’s Instagram after his visit:

“Today I visited The Capital Region Emergency Medical Services. Here, the employees have since the outbreak of the pandemic last year been in the front line when the citizens of the region have called 112 and 1813, when the ambulance service has been dispatched, and when the individual is tested for COVID-19.

In addition to the corona hotline, the Emergency Agency has also developed a chatbot that helps citizens assess whether to call 112, to 1813, to their own doctor or to stay home when having symptoms of the contagious virus occur.

In addition to being dispatched into residential areas to establish pop-up test centers, it is also the Emergency Medical Services that drives out to nursing homes and the socially disadvantaged to test citizens for COVID-19. In total, emergency response test centers and mobile devices can test more than 50,000 a day.

I would like to thank the Emergency Medical Services for their efforts in combating COVID-19.”

This morning, March 11, Crown Prince Frederik participated in the Crown Prince Frederik's Centre for Public Management and the Copenhagen University College's management conference on resilience:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** kongehuset gallery **

:previous:

A ‘fioralina1’ seems to watch the conference virtual and writes at the DRF’s Instagram:

“A thousand thanks to H.R.H. The Crown Prince for an exciting presentation.”

I think the Crown Prince Frederik's Centre for Public Management is an exciting project.
The center's vision is to contribute to a better public sector, by producing, sharing and applying research-based knowledge of public management that makes public organizations even better able to live up to and develop their objectives for the benefit of citizens and society.

Most (former) short-haired men in Denmark look exactly like Frederik these months :D
In Denmark, all hairdressers have been closed for several months due to Covid-19 and there is no prospect of the hairdressers to re-open at the moment. Us with long hair have it a little easier here during the lockdown ;)

Last edited:
Crown Prince Frederik participated in the launch of "Elements of AI in Denmark" in Copenhagen today, April 6. Elements of AI is a free online course on artificial intelligence developed by the University of Helsinki and the consulting house Reaktor. The DI, the University of Copenhagen and the Embassy of Finland in Denmark were involved in the launch as well:

** ppe gallery ** tt.se gallery **

** BB article: Fornem ankomst: Flot Frederik indtog den røde løber **

Last edited:
Crown Prince Frederik participated in a training with injured veterans around Vordingborg yesterday, April 9:

"The training trip was part of the preparations for this summer's big stage race Ride4Rehab. The race, which is in nine stages, is part of the DIF Soldier project, where the purpose is to give a group of injured veterans a physical experience of cycling through Denmark. In addition, the project aims to improve the lives of physically and mentally injured veterans through sports and communities":

** kongehuset: H.K.H. Kronprinsen cyklede med skadede veteraner ** kongehuset instagram **

Last edited:
What a great event with veterans!

In connection*with today's training, the Crown Prince states: "Community through physical exercise is the main element in DIF Soldier Project and Ride4Rehab, and it is clear that exercise as a tool helps vulnerable veterans to have a better everyday life. It was a great pleasure to participate in today's Ride4Rehab training. and meet the veterans. "

Among the veterans who cycled in the Ride4Rehab training and met the Crown Prince was Kenneth Henriksen from Odense. He has previously been deployed to Iraq and today suffers from ptsd: "We are training hard at the moment to be in as good shape as possible before we have to drive Ride4Rehab this summer. Therefore, it just gives a shot of extra confidence when the Crown Prince gives us support and rides a bike at such a training session as today. The Crown Prince managed to have a good chat with many of us veterans, and then he was in excellent shape, "says Kenneth Henriksen with a smile:

https://via.ritzau.dk/pressemeddele...eraner?publisherId=1874227&releaseId=13619583

A picture of Frederik with two of the veteran participants
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNdDe1cBg4c/?igshid=19jzz85hvepb

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, so Frederik was the "hare".

I.e. the leading cyclist, who set the speed, for the others to chase him.

Crown Prince Frederik opened the 5th edition of the international food summit "World Food Summit - Better Food for More People" at the House of Industry in Copenhagen today, April 15:

** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom