The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: But, but all those people you mentioned are aristocratic .... and the Middletons are not, especially Carole. The rabble hate, hate, hate that someone with a coal miner in their background could in some way be connected to the BRF.:eek:

I think the class issue is the problem for some. Some feel like the Middleton's aren't on the same class level as the royals and nobles, so they must stay in their place and not associate with the House of Windsor. The funny part is, the royals could care less about the Middleton's class level. The royal family has welcomed the Middleton's with kindness and grace. It's not only they're Catherine's family, but they're the loving in-laws of the future King.

I think some people get too caught up in Downton Abbey. This is 2016. Ever noble family in Britain is 'littered' with commoners.

When Pippa was at Edinburgh, she shared a flat with Earl Percy and Lord Innes-Ker. No one clutched their faux pearls or had a fit of the vapours.

Its a non-issue except with a small group of devotees of the Daily Mail

Goodness..some of the most noble houses in Europe are 'tainted' with commoners...look at all the marrying to American heiresses that was done 1800 and 1900's.

LaRae

If someone can explain how Zara is using her royal status:bang: She is an equestrian and a private citizen who has to pay her way. Her and her husband have their own careers completely separate from the RF.

As for Peter??? He didn't get any criticism because he isn't 'coal miner family' :ohmy: Someone might want to tell people that because I have seen plenty.

The DM article highly hinted at nepotism though it included 'peter insisted' and quotes how he got it. And some of the comments:

Nepotism at its worst!! And Fergie with a stall selling curling tongs ??? Have we asked Merkel if this is allowed ???

"after putting in 'bid' to Buckingham Palace"....that was chuckle-worthy!!! ...Peter, you got the 'job' because of who your grandmother is!! End of the story!!

And of course, the senior staff at the palace were, all along, totally unaware that he worked for this company. Yeah, right!

And dozens more like it. But yeah sure, no criticism, because all critics are snobs. People who criticize nepotism are snobs, and people who criticize Kate are ugly spiteful cat ladies, because there is no other reason. :bang:

Lady Anson...again no criticism to be found

wasn't she lucky to get that lucrative business going -must have taken skill, talent and hard work -no hang on she was started by the Queen Mother , employed by the Royal family used this to get other jobs. Imagine if you worked for a publicly paid for company and got to employ your relatives to organise parties

And oh yeah Pricess Michael has never been criticized. I mean she has never been referred to as 'Pushy Princess Michael'

Or Charles, is on a pedestal for that matter. Cant touch him. Especially not about the baby items. You know who cares that the money from the products were for the Prince's charity.

Charles's charity cashes in on Charlotte:

nasty Charley cashing in on his granddaughter , for Charity or not u don't make money on a newborn baby.
Sickening that if this was the Middletons doing this, the DM would be screaming in fury. Typical toadying for you DM. But could this profiteering be one of the reasons why William keeps his father and stepmother at a distance?

Charles Spencer

I can't stand him. He had the nerve to stand up there and get attention at Diana's funeral but he treated her shabbily before she died. He promised her a cottage to use on the estate but then reneged on it, saying her presence would invade his privacy and bring to many unwanted visitors to the estate. Yet when she died and he had her buried there, he was quite happy to open up the estate to countless visitors to make money off of her. He's disgusting. He even demanded the Spencer family tiara back from her before she died-she was said to be heartbroken. I totally believe these stories-he looks like a huge prat.

The brother who wouldn't give his sister sanctuary on the Althorp Estate when she needed it but seems to have plenty to say about her after her death.

But you're right, all criitics are snobs and only care if they are commoner.

No one had said that they haven't been criticized. What people have stated is that the criticism (especially coming from the media) hasn't been as vocal. There have been tons of articles written about the Middletons and how they're cashing in on their daughter. With the exception of (maybe) Princess Michael, I haven't seen the same type of outrage for the others. The DM commenters seem to hate everyone, so they don't count. :lol: I'm talking specifically about the media and royal fans.

As for Zara, she has talked extensively about the royal family while promoting her clothing and other lines. If selling royal related items for their business is considered cashing in by the Middletons, then wouldn't that mean Zara is also cashing in?

Last edited:
When it comes to cashing in on royal connections, wouldn't the #1 guilty person be Sarah Ferguson? She beats everyone - Middleton or inside the royal fold - by miles and miles. And there is no end in sight....

When has the attention ever left the royals?

Very true. Are the Queen's own cousins cashing in? Margaret Rhodes wrote a book about her life with the Queen, and Lady Elizabeth Anson has a party planning business and has been interviewed numerous times discussing it (and the royal family). What about Charles and his selling baby items after Charlotte was born? Then we have Mike and Zara with their various ventures and Lady Pamela Hicks and Princess Michael and their books.

It's interesting that the media blasts the Middletons for using their royal connections, but isn't as harsh when it comes to other people close to the royals. I mean, Peter's firm just secured the Queen's birthday street party, yet I've barely seen any accusations of him cashing in.

Yes, Mike Tindall gets wonderful treatment compared to the Middletons on this site. Let’s look at his behavior.

He gives interviews where he discusses George and talks about texting William and Harry. He makes cocaine jokes on television. He was kicked-off Team England for bad behavior(dwarf throwing and heavy intoxication) and for being caught lying to rugby officials. Footballer Stan Collymore accused Mike and his friends of given him a racially motivated beating in a Dublin pub. Mike had his Boxer’s tail docked, even though that animal mutilation is illegal in the UK. He threatened to beat-up anyone who criticized Zara’s show jumping performance in the 2012 olympics. Sold Mia’s pictures to Hello! magazine for a six-figure sum. Participated on a reality show, The Jump. Drank a pint of urine on television. He has multiple DUI’s, which resulted in a 3-year driving ban. He publicly kissed and fondled his ex a month after he married Zara. Yet, he was never called k-trash. The Middletons have never pulled even 10% of his shenanigans and yet they're used as a punching bag on this site. It's all very curious.

The difference to me is that Zara is actually a member of the royal family, the granddaughter of the queen. Sarah is the mother of two princessess, granddaughters of the queen. Mike Tindell is married to the granddaughter of the queen and the father of the queen's great-granddaughter. None of the Middletons have this close connection to the royal family. It is rather odd that James and Pippa are not developing their own lives and families apart from their sister. Both appear to court publicity and use it to try to create "moneymakers". Both have failed, so far, in establishing a viable career.

The difference to me is that Zara is actually a member of the royal family, the granddaughter of the queen. Sarah is the mother of two princessess, granddaughters of the queen. Mike Tindell is married to the granddaughter of the queen and the father of the queen's great-granddaughter. None of the Middletons have this close connection to the royal family. It is rather odd that James and Pippa are not developing their own lives and families apart from their sister. Both appear to court publicity and use it to try to create "moneymakers". Both have failed, so far, in establishing a viable career.

Mr. & Mrs. Middleton's daughter is married to the second in line to the throne. Catherine is the future Princess of Wales/Queen Consort. Their grandchildren is the heirs to the throne.

Pippa and James is pretty successful in their own right. James's business is doing pretty well, btw. He just straightened out the wrong press reports about his business.

What's your point again?

That makes criticism against them a million times more disgusting. Mike Tindall chose to marry The Queen's granddaughter. Sarah married Prince Andrew of her own free-will. Pippa did not marry Prince Harry. James did not marry Beatrice. Carole did not marry Charles. Yet, they're expected to behave better than the royals and better than the people who willingly married into the circus. They are victims.

And I agree, they court publicity by leaving their apartment. They should be under house arrest.

Because Mike is married to the Queen's granddaughter its okay for him to go on reality television and drink urine but the Middletons can't be seen going to church with Kate and William?

Last edited:
Mr. & Mrs. Middleton's daughter is married to the second in line to the throne. Catherine is the future Princess of Wales/Queen Consort. Their grandchildren is the heirs to the throne.

Pippa and James is pretty successful in their own right. James's business is doing pretty well, btw. He just straightened out the wrong press reports about his business.

What's your point again?

Yeah no kidding! Grandparents to the future King of England...not to far away there. Not to mention before that they will be the direct inlaws to the King.

LaRae

We have heard Mike and Carole speak twice. Once at the engagement for Mike and once for Carole when George was born. Even Pippa in her Today interview basically said nothing personal about her sister's Royal life. We got that George has brought a lot of pleasure and fun for the whole family. James spilled on Good Morning America that Lupo was his wedding present to W&K. What a horrible family that actually still like each other as adults. The Queen should send them to the Tower?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

We have heard Mike and Carole speak twice. Once at the engagement for Mike and once for Carole when George was born. Even Pippa in her Today interview basically said nothing personal about her sister's Royal life. We got that George has brought a lot of pleasure and fun for the whole family. James spilled on Good Morning America that Lupo was his wedding present to W&K. What a horrible family that actually still like each other as adults. The Queen should send them to the Tower?

Yes, Mike Tindall has given us more intimate details about George than Pippa has. From Pippa we know that "George has brought them joy". From Mike we know that the Tindalls visit George when he is at Highgrove, and that George is a very sloppy eater.

I see no problem with any products sold by Party Pieces.

If this year they carry more products for 90th birthday themes or more royalty related items I still see nothing wrong with this.

If other party supplies stores can carry royalty related items to celebrate a royal Jubilee, a royal birthday or baby items to celebrate a new baby, there is no reason why Party Pieces cannot. Just because it is their grandchild it is not cashing in.

Anything related to their business is acceptable.

IMO, there were only two times that I think the Middletons crossed the line.

One was attending church with the Queen on January 10th.

It is only because it stood out. William and Catherine have lived at Anmer for over a year, yet the only time the Middletons have attended church is with the Queen. If the Middleton family had been spotted going to church with William and Catherine on any occasion without the Queen then I would not have felt they had crossed the line on January 10, 2016.

It had nothing to do with not expecting her family to join Catherine to celebrate her birthday but the lack of church services attended by the Middleton family with Catherine and William that did not include the Queen.

St Mary Magdalene church has services throughout the year and I am sure that the Middleton family has visited William and Catherine at Anmer Hall when the Queen was not at Sandringham.

Had the Middletons attended church services at Anmer or Sandringham on any occasion when the Queen was not in residence or if there were reports they attend church service to celebrate birthdays of family members at any other time then seeing them at St Mary Magdalene would not have been out of the norm.

The second time I criticized the Middletons was Carole's writing career. It was out of the norm and not a natural evolution from Party Pieces. The problem with her 'column' was she did not write anything in the 'article' and it was nothing more than a link to her website. Had it contained information about planning a children party and been an actual column/article I would not have had a problem with this even if it included her website..
Or if the article had been about her as a career woman and then a link to her website, I would have seen nothing wrong with her doing an interview. Yes she would have been selected because her daughter was famous but she was a business woman before William met Catherine.

I would not have seen anything wrong if she was interviewed and said one or two things about either William, Catherine, George or Charlotte as long as most of the article was about her as a business woman. It is common practice to ask a few personal question, if you are related to someone and have a job in the public.

This is the reason, I see nothing wrong with anything Mike has done.

The natural evolution of a retired sports personality is to do television.

Last edited:
William and Kate has only gone to church at St Magdalene with the Queen too. There is a church right next to Amner which would be easy to go to if they wanted. The Queen invited W&K and their guests to church and they went. David and Serena Linley went to church with the Queen last weekend. Was that Inappropriate? No. How is anyone going to church inappropriate?

It is astonishing how people will believe what the media reports. Catherine is not the only royal to have the strong support of her family and the Royal Family being close to them. Queen Letizia's family were invited to the King's coronation; Prince Daniel's family are quite close to the Swedish Royal family; Crown Princess Mary's family is held in high regard by QMII, so much so, Professor Donaldson recieved the Order of the Danneborg and a Coat of Arms relating to the marriage of his daughter.

William himself said that his marriage will be different to the past. He holds the Middleton's in high regard. Do you think for a moment the William would associate himself with a family that court the media? Especially after the treatment of his late mother by the media?

Do you think QEII or Prince William would tolerate the Middleton's if they rocked up to Royal events without an invitation? The Middleton's have been invited to Royal events BY QEII.

It is refreshing that Royal spouse's families are included, and even more refreshing to see how close those spouses are.

I see no problem with any products sold by Party Pieces.

If this year they carry more products for 90th birthday themes or more royalty related items I still see nothing wrong with this.

If other party supplies stores can carry royalty related items to celebrate a royal Jubilee, a royal birthday or baby items to celebrate a new baby, there is no reason why Party Pieces cannot. Just because it is their grandchild it is not cashing in.

Anything related to their business is acceptable.

IMO, there were only two times that I think the Middletons crossed the line.

One was attending church with the Queen on January 10th.

It is only because it stood out. William and Catherine have lived at Anmer for over a year, yet the only time the Middletons have attended church is with the Queen. If the Middleton family had been spotted going to church with William and Catherine on any occasion without the Queen then I would not have felt they had crossed the line on January 10, 2016.

It had nothing to do with not expecting her family to join Catherine to celebrate her birthday but the lack of church services attended by the Middleton family with Catherine and William that did not include the Queen.

St Mary Magdalene church has services throughout the year and I am sure that the Middleton family has visited William and Catherine at Anmer Hall when the Queen was not at Sandringham.

Had the Middletons attended church services at Anmer or Sandringham on any occasion when the Queen was not in residence or if there were reports they attend church service to celebrate birthdays of family members at any other time then seeing them at St Mary Magdalene would not have been out of the norm.

The second time I criticized the Middletons was Carole's writing career. It was out of the norm and not a natural evolution from Party Pieces. The problem with her 'column' was she did not write anything in the 'article' and it was nothing more than a link to her website. Had it contained information about planning a children party and been an actual column/article I would not have had a problem with this even if it included her website..
Or if the article had been about her as a career woman and then a link to her website, I would have seen nothing wrong with her doing an interview. Yes she would have been selected because her daughter was famous but she was a business woman before William met Catherine.

I would not have seen anything wrong if she was interviewed and said one or two things about either William, Catherine, George or Charlotte as long as most of the article was about her as a business woman. It is common practice to ask a few personal question, if you are related to someone and have a job in the public.

This is the reason, I see nothing wrong with anything Mike has done.

The natural evolution of a retired sports personality is to do television.

You have no idea if the Middletons go to church with the Cambridges on a regular basis. I bet they usually go to the church next door to Anmer Hall, where there is a private entrance to the church only accessible by the Cambridges through their private property. The paps would not be able to photograph The Cambridges or the Middletons on these occasions. On this particular Sunday, The Cambridges decided to attend the church by Sandringham because they had an event with The Queen after. This church(St Mary Magdalene) is accessible to photographers.

Last edited:
Are the Middletons regular churchgoers? I don't know whether Michael or Carole were confirmed when young, but people who regularly attend church services and are confirmed in the Church of England usually make sure that their children are also confirmed.
Confirmation usually takes place when the child is twelve or thirteen, as I believe William was. I think from memory I was thirteen. Yet Kate wasn't confirmed until shortly before her marriage at 29. If she wasn't, then it's doubtful Pippa or James were.

If the Middletons aren't regular churchgoers then they generally conform to the rest of England where church attendance is rare. However, it raises doubts that they, or William and Kate for that matter, are always nipping into church every Sunday when they are at Anmer.

Are the Middletons regular churchgoers? I don't know whether Michael or Carole were confirmed when young, but people who regularly attend church services and are confirmed in the Church of England usually make sure that their children are also confirmed.
Confirmation usually takes place when the child is twelve or thirteen, as I believe William was. I think from memory I was thirteen. Yet Kate wasn't confirmed until shortly before her marriage at 29. If she wasn't, then it's doubtful Pippa or James were.

If the Middletons aren't regular churchgoers then they generally conform to the rest of England where church attendance is rare. However, it raises doubts that they, or William and Kate for that matter, are always nipping into church every Sunday when they are at Anmer.

Considering it was The Cambridges who requested a private entrance to the church that before did not exist, I assume they intend to make use of it. Why ask for it, otherwise?

This quote comes from The Telegraph:
Meanwhile the existing public entrance to the nearby St Mary’s Church will become a private entrance accessible only by the Duke and Duchess, with the existing public road to the church re-routed to create a new entrance for worshippers.
To compensate the church, the Queen will pay for a new car park to be built there.

Last edited:
You have no idea if the Middletons go to church with the Cambridges on a regular basis. I bet they usually go to the church next door to Anmer Hall, where there is a private entrance to the church only accessible by the Cambridges through their private property. The paps would not be able to photograph The Cambridges or the Middletons on these occasions. On this particular Sunday, The Cambridges decided to attend the church by Sandringham because they had an event with The Queen after. This church(St Mary Magdalene) is accessible to photographers.

I only pointed out that the reason January 10, 2016 stood out was because they have never been spotted attending church to celebrate a birthday.

Catherine has been in William's life since 2001. AFAIK, this is the first time they attended a church service to celebrate Catherine's birthday.

If there were pictures or stories that Catherine or her family celebrate birthdays by going to church then attending church on January 10th would not have stood out.

The reason it stood out was the entire family and her friends attended church to celebrate her birthday and there is no evidence that this was the normal way they celebrate Middleton birthdays or even Cambridge birthdays.

It was her 34th birthday and not a milestone making it even more out of the norm.

I only pointed out that the reason January 10, 2016 stood out was because they have never been spotted attending church to celebrate a birthday.

Catherine has been in William's life since 2001. AFAIK, this is the first time they attended a church service to celebrate Catherine's birthday.

If there were pictures or stories that Catherine or her family celebrate birthdays by going to church then attending church on January 10th would not have stood out.

The reason it stood out was the entire family and her friends attended church to celebrate her birthday and there is no evidence that this was the normal way they celebrate Middleton birthdays or even Cambridge birthdays.

It was her 34th birthday and not a milestone making it even more out of the norm.
I think it's not so much that the church was a part of the birthday celebrations, so much that it was that they happened to still be there in connection with the birthday when it was sunday.

But you wouldn't have previous pictures if they were attending the church next to their home. So I don't know how they could meet your expectations. Are you suggesting that they drive miles away to a different church just so you can have regular pictures of them? I have a feeling you would then accuse them of parading for paps.

Perhaps they do attend church each Sunday, though even before the Cambridges were living at Anmer there wasn't much sign of regular church attendance from either of them, nor of regular attendance from the Middletons. (As I've pointed out, that is quite typical of most English people, especially the young) However, an inference could be drawn that all attended church on January 10th because the Queen was going and it was important to her.

Last edited:

How prophetic did those last sentences turn out to be.... Written prior to the wedding:

"Can you imagine being Michael and Carole Middleton, linked for the rest of their lives to the royal family, forever obliged to parry questions from their friends about its carryings-on, and subjected to relentless media attention without even the protection that royals enjoy? Pity them."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom