The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Queen didn't want them there, they wouldn't be there. End of story.

The continual carping about the Middletons baffles me, it truly does. At least the Middletons haven't been allowed to undertake engagements as if they were royal themselves. Remember that time Princess Mary's parents actually undertook an official engagement with Charles and Camilla in Denmark? With no Danish royal present at all?

Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Denmark - Pictures - Zimbio

Mary's father actually shovelled some earth in after C&C when they were doing the official royal tree planting! Imagine the outrage if the Middletons visited a church in the UK as part of an official engagement of a foreign royal? Standing inside the cordon, helping plant the commemorative tree, for all intents and purposes representing the Queen?

Some people need to have a word with themselves.

As I posted in an earlier post, CP Mary's father recieved the Order of the Danneborg...I'm hoping Carole recieves the family order

You think Donna should have skipped her grandfather's funeral to go to St. Barths? Is this the "British culture" family values you speak of?

She joined them in St. Barth after the funeral. Then when James and Pippa flew home for their sister's birthday, Donna flew to Mexico for her friend's wedding. Seems like they all have their priorities straight.

Donna's grandfather died and rather than supporting her and attending the funeral with her, James went off on a holiday with his sister? There were no photos of Donna with James and Pippa on St. Barths.

They spend so much time apart, doing things separately, that I doubt they are still a couple.

I just posted a link to a Daily Mail photo. Is there something wrong with it?

The British Royal Family is an institution of traditions. Calendars. Schedules. Timetables. Protocol. Christmas Eve and Day is spent with the queen's immediate family which includes her children, their spouses, and their grandchildren. She does invite Princess Margaret's children and spouses who come about every other year. She no longer invites the cousins and that is why she has the luncheon at Buckingham Palace. All of this is a matter of public record.

William and Kate are expected to be there as members of the queen's immediate family. This is no surprise and something the Middletons should have been prepared for during the years as they planned for Kate to marry a prince. Carole and Mike can still have a family Christmas at their very nice home. Their two single adult children can join them and any significant others they might have at the time. It isn't as though they will be alone. And Kate and William can join them, if they wish, the day after Christmas. That's what Camilla does. She leaves Sandringham the day after Christmas to be with her children and grandchildren, who spend Christmas in their own homes rather than tagging along behind the queen's party.

And yet they change and adjust their traditions all the time. That must really piss you off. I notice you use a black and white photo of Philip and The Queen from when they were much younger as your icon. Very appropriate for your viewpoints on the BRF. It’s no longer the 1950’s and the BRF have adjusted accordingly.

The rest of your argument has some logical flaws.

1.Once again, the Middletons were not in Norfolk for Christmas. They were there 2 weeks later for Catherine’s birthday. I don’t know why you're so upset about Christmas. It has nothing to do with the Middletons. They.were.not.there.

2.You should be upset with Peter and Zara. According to you, the Queen “immediate” family is “expected" at Christmas. They weren’t there, and Zara wasn’t there last year, either. I think you’re projecting your anger at Peter and Zara onto the Middletons.

3.Camilla leaves on Christmas morning because she does not have a house on the Sandringham property to “hold” her family. The Cambridges have Anmer. Charles and Camilla do not. I suggest you write a letter to The Queen demanding she give Charles a Sandringham home.

Last edited:
If the Queen didn't want them there, they wouldn't be there. End of story.

The continual carping about the Middletons baffles me, it truly does. At least the Middletons haven't been allowed to undertake engagements as if they were royal themselves. Remember that time Princess Mary's parents actually undertook an official engagement with Charles and Camilla in Denmark? With no Danish royal present at all?

Prince Of Wales And The Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Denmark - Pictures - Zimbio

Mary's father actually shovelled some earth in after C&C when they were doing the official royal tree planting! Imagine the outrage if the Middletons visited a church in the UK as part of an official engagement of a foreign royal? Standing inside the cordon, helping plant the commemorative tree, for all intents and purposes representing the Queen?

Some people need to have a word with themselves.

The word was the queen was not happy with the Middletons piling in on her family Christmas church service last year and that is why there were absent this year. They did show up for Kate's birthday, but they did not come to the memorial service after church, so they obviously were not invited to be a part.

There was, if not outrage, raised eyebrows at the Donaldsons taking part in an engagement with Prince Charles. The Donaldsons have disappeared from the Danish royal scene. Perhaps Marge had a word. They are gone in any event and Susan has been quoted as saying she did not feel welcome.

And where did you "hear" all these tidbits ????

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The word was the queen was not happy with the Middletons piling in on her family Christmas church service last year and that is why there were absent this year. They did show up for Kate's birthday, but they did not come to the memorial service after church, so they obviously were not invited to be a part.

There was, if not outrage, raised eyebrows at the Donaldsons taking part in an engagement with Prince Charles. The Donaldsons have disappeared from the Danish royal scene. Perhaps Marge had a word. They are gone in any event and Susan has been quoted as saying she did not feel welcome.

Here we go. 'The word was'. You have credible sources inside the palace? Its amazing how far and wide 'the word' reaches lol

so anybody can attend the service then? I would imagine since it is essentially the Queen's service she has final say on who attends or not. If she didn't want the Middleton's there to begin with, they wouldn't have attended, I would imagine.

As for the Danes, I doubt it was John & Susan's idea. Surely the Queen was the one who chose who would attend the event. They didn't just show up. Someone invited them.

:lol: I really, really, hope that happens.

Here we go. 'The word was'. You have credible sources inside the palace? Its amazing how far and wide 'the word' reaches lol

It's the same sources that say James and Pippa have successful businesses! :whistling:

And yet they change and adjust their traditions all the time. That must really piss you off. I notice you use a black and white photo of Philip and The Queen from when they were much younger as your icon. Very appropriate for your viewpoints on the BRF. It’s no longer the 1950’s and the BRF have adjusted accordingly.

The rest of your argument has some logical flaws.

1.Once again, the Middletons were not in Norfolk for Christmas. They were there 2 weeks later for Catherine’s birthday. I don’t know why your so upset about Christmas. It has nothing to do with the Middletons. They.were.not.there.

2.You should be upset with Peter and Zara. According to you, the Queen “immediate” family is “expected" at Christmas. They weren’t there, and Zara wasn’t there last year, either. I think you’re projecting your anger at Peter and Zara onto the Middletons.

3.Camilla leaves on Christmas morning because she does not have a house on the Sandringham property to “hold” her family. The Cambridges have Anmer. Charles and Camilla do not. I suggest you write a letter to The Queen demanding she give Charles a Sandringham home.

Peter and Zara, as working private citizens, have business commitments. At least Zara did this year and last, being in Australia. The queen understands this. Harry has missed when he has been in the military. William, as a direct heir, should always be there, in my opinion.

Sarah, Duchess of York, was given Wood Farm to stay in over Christmas when her girls were young. However, she did not tag along to church or go to Christmas lunch. I don't know if Wood Farm is vacant now or if Camilla could ask for it, but I am certain her son and daughter want to have Christmas in their own homes as most people do, so this is a moot issue.

Peter and Zara, as working private citizens, have business commitments. At least Zara did this year and last, being in Australia. The queen understands this. Harry has missed when he has been in the military. William, as a direct heir, should always be there, in my opinion.

Sarah, Duchess of York, was given Wood Farm to stay in over Christmas when her girls were young. However, she did not tag along to church or go to Christmas lunch. I don't know if Wood Farm is vacant now or if Camilla could ask for it, but I am certain her son and daughter want to have Christmas in their own homes as most people do, so this is a moot issue.

This year Zara did not have work commitments in Australia until January. She was in Sandringham a week after Christmas. I hadn't heard about any work commitments from Peter, either. I think he spent Christmas with Autumn's family. William was there, so your complaint is moot. Your original argument was that The Queen "immediate" family has to spend Christmas with her, which you described as her children, grandchildren, and their spouses. That would include Peter and Zara. You are now backtracking because you realized there was a hole in your argument.

The Middletons didn't tag along for Christmas lunch, either. So I'm not sure what your Sarah argument is about.

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

It's the same sources that say James and Pippa have successful businesses! :whistling:

Don't be passive aggressive and just state your source for saying that the queen was upset with the Middletons for being at some service or other.

Your argument is so tiresome and really sad--literally criticizing a family for spending too much time with each other.

Last edited:
It does not appear that the Middletons are regular church goers based on the fact that Kate was not confirmed in the CoE until she was engaged to William. Also, Carole, Mike, Pippa and James are not the queen's family, so her wishes would not extend to them. And why would Carole and Mike not prefer to be having Christmas with their family (James, Pippa, and any other of their extended family) at their very nice home. Kate is an adult woman who waited a long time to finally marry into the Royal Family, so she should abide by their traditions accordingly. And really it's most families' traditions. My parents didn't tag along with me to my inlaws' home when my husband and I spent Christmas with my inlaws.

I'm pretty sure they were at William and Kate's home which is on the Queens estate, that means they were visiting their daughter and son in law. Even if they aren't regular church goers the rules state Kate must go to church even if she is not a regular church goer; so her family, who were visiting her, were also requested by the Queen to go as well.

Don't be passive aggressive and just state your source for saying that the queen was upset with the Middletons for being at some service or other.

Your argument is so tiresome and really sad--literally criticizing a family for spending too much time with each other.

I'm pretty sure I read most of last year's articles about the BRF @ Christmas. The only thing I read about the Middleton's attending church Christmas 2014, was that they did so at the personal invitation of the Queen - how reliable that article was I don't know.
William and Catherine seem to me to be doing an every other year rotation:
2011 - first Christmas as a married couple w/ William's family @ Sandringham
2012 - with Catherine's parents at their home.
2013 - with William's family at Sandringham
2014 William and Catherine move into Amner Hall and spend their first Christmas there & host her family. This enables them to also attend RF Christmas festivities at Sandringham.
2015 - with William's family, no sign of Middletons - unclear if W & C stayed at Sandringham or their own home (I'm guessing Amner.)

What’s really sad is this has been going on for over a decade.

I remember back during The Concert for Diana in 2007. Royal watchers were bashing Catherine, James, Pippa, J.J.,Mike, and Carole for attending. They said the family had showed up uninvited (it was just a coincidence they were seated behind Zara, Peter, and other cousins;)). They said William and Harry were too embarrassed to have them removed by security. And at the after-party where William was pictured sitting cosy next to Catherine and whispering in her ear, they said he was really giving her a stern lecture about her family. While some of the same royal watchers were complimenting Chelsy, her brother, his girlfriend, and her mother for attending and supporting Harry. They said it was wonderful that Harry could be marrying into such a loving, close-knit family. I remember the hypocrisy making my head spin.

Chelsy and Cressida both come from close-knit families, so I think there’s a good chance that Harry will marry someone with a similar background. It will be interesting to see the reactions from people who expect his wife to adopt a 100% royal life, and leave her family in the dust, because I think Harry will very inclusive, just like William. Prepare for the tar and feathers, Hazza!

I don't think there will be tar and feathers for Harry because much of the online criticism against the Middletons comes from Harry's so called 'supporters'

I've said it before, when Harry marries all this 'criticism' against the Middletons will stop because Harry will include his wife in family events

Yes, the Middleton behavior is odd. I didn't mind them so much in the beginning, but as the "children" are now 34, 32, and 28, it is strange that they all always seem to be together. I advocate close families, but James and Pippa live together in a flat owned by their parents; they holiday together [Pippa and James went away together for New Years]; Carole went with Pippa on a date with her new fella; they follow their oldest daughter/sister to her in-law activities. Most 28 and 32 year olds are looking to build their own lives rather than following after mom and dad and big sister.

I am 32 and I am as close with my parents as Kate is with hers, moreso because I didn't go away to college and I'm not married. When my parents go out to dinner I sometimes go with them, and if I go to church it is with my mother because she asked; I suppose I am odd as well.

I don't think there will be tar and feathers for Harry because much of the online criticism against the Middletons comes from Harry's so called 'supporters'

I've said it before, when Harry marries all this 'criticism' against the Middletons will stop because Harry will include his wife in family events

I don’t know about that. Remember how crazed and rabid some of the royal watchers got when Harry attended the We Day event with Cressida, Sam and Isabella Branson. Even though the Branson were sponsors and had every right to be there. Some of the royal watchers went berserk saying it was an official royal engagement so he shouldn’t have been sitting next to them. They said he shouldn’t be mixing business and pleasure.

I think there’s just a group of extremely possessive royal watchers who think that William and Harry belong to them. They either have crushes on them and get jealous when they date other women, and hence give those women their wrath. Or they consider themselves pseudo-mothers of the “boys”, and they can’t stand that they’ve been “adopted” into someone else’s family. So they bash the “smothering” family for luring their little boy away.

Or not everyone is the 'crazy cat lady' jealous and are just traditionalists. In the past partners were not involved in official engagements until they were at least engaged. People look at Camilla whose been married for how many years and whose children and grandchildren are never invited to be a part but the Middletons are. Right or wrong, its not about jealousy for everyone. I love how the response to any criticism is 'well you are just jealous and spiteful'.:bang:

Hey, I love cats. Don’t drag them into the misbehavior of some royal watchers.

A lot of the criticism against the Middletons is so irrational, so hateful, and often completely based on far-fetched conspiracy theories.

I don’t think that’s being traditional. Well, I suppose every generation of royals has to deal with “special” fans, so I guess they’re traditional in that sense.

Or not everyone is the 'crazy cat lady' jealous and are just traditionalists. In the past partners were not involved in official engagements until they were at least engaged. People look at Camilla whose been married for how many years and whose children and grandchildren are never invited to be a part but the Middletons are. Right or wrong, its not about jealousy for everyone. I love how the response to any criticism is 'well you are just jealous and spiteful'.:bang:

I don't think Camilla's family is close to Charles's family. William is very fond of his in-laws and Catherine is obviously loved and supported by her family.

I honestly don't understand why the Middleton's get people all bent out of shape. They're not hurting anyone, but just close to The Cambridge's.

Plus, if you invite Camilla's family they come with a lot of children. How many grandkids does Camilla have? 6 or 7? I cannot imagine HM inviting an extra 10 people (Camilla's children, plus spouses and children), including so many little ones to her Christmas at this stage in her life.

Maybe Camilla's kids just don't want to go? Who knows?

Plus, if you invite Camilla's family they come with a lot of children. How many grandkids does Camilla have? 6 or 7? I cannot imagine HM inviting an extra 10 people (Camilla's children, plus spouses and children), including so many little ones to her Christmas at this stage in her life.

Maybe Camilla's kids just don't want to go? Who knows?

I think she has five grandkids. I have a feeling they’ll be invited to Sandringham during Charles’ reign, they’ll probably take the place of his cousins David and Sarah who I think will be phased out of Christmas. They might be invited to join the balcony during Trooping,too.

I am a big fan of Camilla but I would not expect her children and grandchildren to be invited to anything hosted by The Queen during her lifetime. Even without the particular controversy relating to Camilla's relationship with Charles between 1980 and 1997, and even if Andrew PB was no longer alive, the fact remains that Camilla's children are not related to Her Majesty and don't have the sort of connection that the Middletons do. Things might change when Charles is King though.

Kate's parents are The Queen's great-grandson's grandparents. There is a blood connection, and the Middletons' grandson will one day be King. Kate's siblings are George's aunt and uncle. Again, a blood connection. Middleton blood flows in the future king and will be a part of future monarchs. Kate's family should be included in some things.

Roslyn,
sane cat lady :hellokitty:

Last edited:
Alrighty, I'm sure that everyone can see this conversation is going in circles and therefore is not contributing anything worth discussing any longer.

Further posts on the matter of the Middletons attending church at Sandringham two weeks ago will be removed by the moderating team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom