The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Middleton family has collected a nice range of holiday spots with their in-laws.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
The Middleton family has collected a nice range of holiday spots with their in-laws.
Yeah, I wish I could join them, too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, I wish I could join them, too.
I don't - I would loathe being stalked by the paparazzi. I would genuinely rather spend January in England in privacy.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I bet Kate and William would like to be there too.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think your response, Lilyflo, describes exactly how I feel after being able to follow the British royal family so closely in these threads. Its made me realize just how precious is to be able to live in relative anonymity where no one really gives a crap what I do or where I go or if I have bed head.

Our anonymity is something that, I would imagine, the British royals peer over the fence at and wish they could have a semblance of what we have from time to time. The grass is greener for different reasons.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think your response, Lilyflo, describes exactly how I feel after being able to follow the British royal family so closely in these threads. Its made me realize just how precious is to be able to live in relative anonymity where no one really gives a crap what I do or where I go or if I have bed head.

Our anonymity is something that, I would imagine, the British royals peer over the fence at and wish they could have a semblance of what we have from time to time. The grass is greener for different reasons.
I agree & it's easy to see how potential spouses could be scared off by the intrusion. I can't imagine being able to cope with it but worse for me would be the constant security risk, especially if you have children. It would be lovely to have an army of servants, a fabulous wardrobe & access to stunning jewels but I honestly wouldn't swap my life for theirs.

If my sibling married into the BRF, I'd stay out of sight as much as possible.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I don't - I would loathe being stalked by the paparazzi. I would genuinely rather spend January in England in privacy.
With the sandy beaches, sun and a love to share your holiday with, I wouldn’t care much. Of course, they should be afforded some privacy though. Come to think of it...I think this is the first Middleton family vacation that we’ve seen so much of in a very long time. We usually only see a few fuzzy pics of them on vacation and we only see those pics once in blue moon. This is pretty up close and extensively shot.

They look like they’re having the time of their lives though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
With the sandy beaches, sun and a love to share your holiday with, I wouldn’t care much. Of course, they should be afforded some privacy though. Come to think of it...I think this is the first Middleton family vacation that we’ve seen so much of in a very long time. We usually only see a few fuzzy pics of them on vacation and we only see those pics once in blue moon. This is pretty up close and extensively shot.

They look like they’re having the time of their lives though.
That's because they usually choose Mustique which is a private island and therefore has a lot more restrictions for wannabe photographers. Probably why you haven't seen the Cambridges go to St. Barts with the Middleton family even before David Matthews had that bad press last year.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

We havent seen the Cambridges for awhile - IO hope they are enjoying a private holiday - perhaps in Mustique - maybe Carole and Mike are island hopping.

Though George and Charlotte are old enough to be skiing - so maybe they are somewhere with snow.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Indeed! Her name is Alizée Thévenet. She is 29 and works as a financial analyst in London. She is French. They have been dating for more six months according to this article :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...al-expert.html
Hmm, if James were to marry her, I wonder where the wedding would take place?
Probably not in France; the same venue as Pippa's?

Or- someplace in London?

How many people could fit into the chapel at KP?
Old 01-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Hmm, if James were to marry her, I wonder where the wedding would take place?
Probably not in France; the same venue as Pippa's?

Or- someplace in London?

How many people could fit into the chapel at KP?
And why would he get married at KP? on what basis, I'm curious?
Old 01-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

In the same venue as Pippa, I suppose.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
In the same venue as Pippa, I suppose.
Unless his girlfriend is a Catholic (and being French there's a good chance she is) and would want to marry in a Catholic church.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why would there be any suggestion they would marry at KP?

If they went traditionsl, they would marry in France. It hd traditional to marry in the brides home church. Pippa did. The bride really has no connection to buckleberry though perhaps they will choose to marry there for James.

I could see a marriage in a London church. London has been home to Alizee for years. And she has spent much of her childhood moving around the world. London is home to both the couple.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Unless his girlfriend is a Catholic (and being French there's a good chance she is) and would want to marry in a Catholic church.
Yes, I'm pretty sure she's Catholic. I think I read she got her undergraduate degree at a Catholic college, that along with her being French I'd be surprised if she wasn't Catholic.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Yes, I'm pretty sure she's Catholic. I think I read she got her undergraduate degree at a Catholic college, that along with her being French I'd be surprised if she wasn't Catholic.
Yes she attended ICHEC school of business in Brussels for undergraduate. She did her graduate at Queen Mary university in London. Going to a catholic university doesn't necessarily point to being Catholic. Many of the catholic universities offer top programs that draw non Catholics. But yes combined with being French, does add a good chance she is Catholic.

If they married in France, her father owns a bed and breakfast. This seems to be the property,

https://translate.google.ca/translat...assaing.com%2F

It would be small to host a reception indoors but they could use a tent. There is likely a church in town to host the ceremony. Looks beautiful area.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes she attended ICHEC school of business in Brussels for undergraduate. She did her graduate at Queen Mary university in London. Going yo a catholic university doesn't necessarily point to being Catholic. Many if the catholic universities offer top programs that draw non Catholics. But yes combined with being French, does add a good chance she is Catholic.

If they married in France, her father owns a bed and breakfast. This seems to be the property,

https://translate.google.ca/translat...assaing.com%2F

It would be small to host a reception indoors but they could use a tent. There is likely a church in town to host the ceremony. Looks beautiful area.
Yes, that could be a nice option. London also has several Catholic churches too, if she fully considers herself a Londoner now.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe in Catholic Westminster Cathedral?
Old 01-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
And why would he get married at KP? on what basis, I'm curious?
No basis whatsoever, I'm just speculating.

But many people do have receptions at the Orangery, and since the bride has lived in London for so many years, it is probable most of her friends are British.

It just seems likely to me that she'd prefer to marry in London.

But I didn't consider that she is probably Catholic, so may prefer a Catholic church (and there's a gorgeous one in Mayfair- Immaculate Conception? That's where I would go!)
Old 01-05-2019, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There's also a chance that this couple isn't overly religious and will opt for a destination wedding somewhere. St. Bart's comes to mind for some reason.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, kate, kate middleton, middleton family, prince william, wealth